'Death is swallowed up in victory' -When?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree!
If one shall follow Jesus, they must come to understand that we are to NOW follow Him in His death and His Resurrection!
But it is a process, that is in the reverse order of His!
Jesus, through faith in God the Father:
1. He who was Spirit,
2. became mortal Flesh,
3. Baptized/infilled by the Holy Spirit of God the Father,
4. and thus became the first new creature of Spirit/man
5. In God, died the death of man, for man.
6. Resurrected Bodily with New Life and Immortality.

Man, through faith in God the Son:
1. We who are mortal flesh,
2. become Spirit,
3. Baptized/infilled by the Holy Spirit of God the Father and God the Son (Rom. 8:9)
4. And thus become a new creatures of man/Spirit.
5. In Christ, dies the death to self.
6. Awaiting bodily resurrection through Jesus with New Life and Immortality

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think? you would have to point them out, i dont think so?
sorry, what are "two or more different times," specifically? ty
I don't remember at this time what the posts and topic were back then. If you have a question about one of my replies to one of your posts, please quote your post and my reply together, and I'll give the best answer, God Willing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I don't remember at this time what the posts and topic were back then. If you have a question about one of my replies to one of your posts, please quote your post and my reply together, and I'll give the best answer, God Willing.
ah, so, we have an invisible little button you may not be aware of, right next to "__________ said:" in any quote banner, the box that contains quotes in any post that you have quoted someone? There is a trackback arrow just to the right of the colon that takes you back to that post, and so on; if you tilt the screen right, you can even almost see it

Reactions: Nancy

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
106600488_153458832973688_5845426857195803983_o.jpg
I rather don't think sheep care much for attributes of anyone, nor find peace or joy or nourishment in attributes.

God likewise is not a bunch of attributes at all.

He is Totally Absolutely Perfect, without parts, without pieces, Everything He is He is Always and all at once whole and complete, beyond any man's ability to describe or put in words; beyond any man's ability to grasp or understand....

We sheep love Psalm 23. We sheep love our Shepherd and Listen to Him, and follow Him wherever He goes, no matter what.
He gives us peace, not as the world gives, and no man can take it from us.
He tells us ahead of time what will happen, so our joy will remain full and not be diminished, in union with Him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, so, we have an invisible little button you may not be aware of, right next to "__________ said:" in any quote banner, the box that contains quotes in any post that you have quoted someone? There is a trackback arrow just to the right of the colon that takes you back to that post, and so on; if you tilt the screen right, you can even almost see it
So ?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rather don't think sheep care much for attributes of anyone, nor find peace or joy or nourishment in attributes.

God likewise is not a bunch of attributes at all.

He is Totally Absolutely Perfect, without parts, without pieces, Everything He is He is Always and all at once whole and complete, beyond any man's ability to describe or put in words; beyond any man's ability to grasp or understand....

We sheep love Psalm 23. We sheep love our Shepherd and Listen to Him, and follow Him wherever He goes, no matter what.
He gives us peace, not as the world gives, and no man can take it from us.
He tells us ahead of time what will happen, so our joy will remain full and not be diminished, in union with Him.

"God likewise is not a bunch of attributes at all.
He is Totally Absolutely Perfect, without parts, without pieces, Everything He is He is Always and all at once whole and complete, beyond any man's ability to describe or put in words; beyond any man's ability to grasp or understand...."

Amen. God is not the sum of His attributes, nor is He dependent on one single thing...He just "is". And, He is totally and fully Holy. not so much as an "attribute" but He is Holy within His attributes. Like, when His wrath is brought forth He is Holy, when He Judges, He is Holy, when He Loves, He is Holy and so on.
:)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Christ was conceived of / by the Holy Spirit of God Tri-Une, was born of the virgin Mary, goes the Confession of the True Christian Church, and thus Jesus the Christ of God became the first and only God the Son the Son of Man.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I agree!
If one shall follow Jesus, they must come to understand that we are to NOW follow Him in His death and His Resurrection!
But it is a process, that is in the reverse order of His!
Jesus, through faith in God the Father:
1. He who was Spirit,
2. became mortal Flesh,
5. In God, died the death of man, for man.
6. Resurrected Bodily with New Life and Immortality.

Man, through faith in God the Son:
1. We who are mortal flesh,
2. become Spirit,
3. Baptized/infilled by the Holy Spirit of God the Father and God the Son (Rom. 8:9)
4. And thus become a new creatures of man/Spirit.
5. In Christ, dies the death to self.
6. Awaiting bodily resurrection through Jesus with New Life and Immortality

In a word, if you want to be saved, you'll have to be a genius first.

Take this as my answer to your post which I promised you I would answer, dear Earburner. It's way over my head.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a word, if you want to be saved, you'll have to be a genius first.
?
Why ?

Jesus says if you want to have eternal life in Him, you must become as little children. (not genius)

And only the pure in heart will ever see God. (not geniuses will see God, but the pure in heart will see God)

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ was conceived of / by the Holy Spirit of God Tri-Une, was born of the virgin Mary, goes the Confession of the True Christian Church, and thus Jesus the Christ of God became the first and only God the Son the Son of Man.
Yes, I agree!
My post was revealing the God generated "seed" of God's Holy Spirit for man.
He was first initiated to usward, through the sacrificial death of God the Son, of whom had become the Firstborn from the dead. He Himself became the First New Creature of God the Father's New Creation in His Son, whereby we also might be partakers of His "divine nature" . John 3:6 1 Corinthians 15:35-36 2 Peter 1:4
1 John 3:9 Romans 8:8-9

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does 77 stand for you IQ?
Like this ?
1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of the ...
biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-27.htm
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; Psalm 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:27 KJV "But God hath chosen the foolish ...
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Corinthians-1-27/
1 Corinthians 1:27 Context. 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 But God hath chosen the foolish ...
God chooses the Despised, Foolish and Weak to be His Servants

"God chooses the despised, foolish and weak to be His servants. In doing this, He confounds the mighty, proofs His power and reveals who He is. 1 Cor 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty."

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread was derailed on the 8th or 9th page. Since then it has degenerated, so that the object of it's subject heading has been completely obliterated. Why could not each change of subject have been dealt with in a separate thread of it's own, instead of coming to this insubstantial ending. Each individual subject covered is now lost, having been overcome and superseded by another. It seems such a waste of time and effort.

:rolleyes: