Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those on Death Row are not innocent.
How do you know? You don't! Do you know that God is going to judge YOU the way that you judge others?

James 2:13
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The NT not only supports the Death Penalty, it does so to protect BOTH the responsibility of the Government and the preservation of the Christian. And no further rationalizations, arguments, man's logic, or emotions will change GOD's dictates.

End of discussion.
Bobby Jo

So u dont care if some innocent people die...

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 26:52
52 But Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

That's not NT. lol
The OT is important too. Yes, Jesus told Peter to put away his sword, because he wasn't setting up an earthly kingdom. He also said that if he were setting up an earthly kingdom his followers would fight. Whether to pick up the sword or not depends on what we are called to currently do.
God doesn't contradict what he said in the OT with what he says in the New.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT is important too. Yes, Jesus told Peter to put away his sword, because he wasn't setting up an earthly kingdom. He also said that if he were setting up an earthly kingdom his followers would fight. Whether to pick up the sword or not depends on what we are called to currently do.
God doesn't contradict what he said in the OT with what he says in the New.
OT NEVER overrules NT. Would you execute an innocent man and think that you will receive mercy on Judgment Day?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OT NEVER overrules NT. Would you execute an innocent man and think that you will receive mercy on Judgment Day?
Why would I execute an innocent man? I will receive Mercy, entirely depending on whether I'm in Christ or not, not because I've lived a perfect life.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I execute an innocent man? I will receive Mercy, entirely depending on whether I'm in Christ or not, not because I've lived a perfect life.
Executing an innocent person is FAR from a perfect life. That's MURDER! We will receive mercy ONLY if we are merciful! MURDER is not being merciful.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Executing an innocent person is FAR from a perfect life. That's MURDER! We will receive mercy ONLY if we are merciful! MURDER is not being merciful.
So you believe we can enter heaven based on our works?
Again, why would I execute an innocent person?
Biblically, any sin can be forgiven BTW.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe we can enter heaven based on our works?
Again, why would I execute an innocent person?
Biblically, any sin can be forgiven BTW.
Why are you defending MURDER? If someone died murdering your family would he enter into God's Kingdom? Stop playing God! You AIN'T God!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you defending MURDER? If someone died murdering your family would he enter into God's Kingdom? Stop playing God! You AIN'T God!
What are you screaming about?I didn't say I was God and I did not defend murder. what If I died defending my family by killing someone who was attacking them? Can I go to heaven then? Where does it say killing sends one to hell? Did David go to hell? He sure killed a lot of people.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't care what the OT & NT instruct us?

And so you make EXCUSES ...
Bobby Jo
Why don't you obey OT? It's not a smorgassboard. You don't get to pick the parts you like.

Exodus 31:15 Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you screaming about?I didn't say I was God and I did not defend murder. what If I died defending my family by killing someone who was attacking them? Can I go to heaven then? Where does it say killing sends one to hell? Did David go to hell? He sure killed a lot of people.
Total evasion! You AIN'T God! You don't have the right to decide who dies!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Total evasion! You AIN'T God! You don't have the right to decide who dies!
This is the debate forum....any thread started here is open for debate...let's keep it civil.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Obviously the Bible does condone the death penalty....as was custom...criminals were hung on the cross to die.
It has always existed throughout history...hanging was the main method in the wild west days.

The thing is though the 2 criminals hung beside Jesus, weren't put up on the cross by Christians.

The Wild West days though, sounded like it was pretty much an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life.

I don't think it would have been a safe era for men, women, kids to live in.

And how many innocent people died in the wild west? I am not sure.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is though the 2 criminals hung beside Jesus, weren't put up on the cross by Christians.

The Wild West days though, sounded like it was pretty much an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life.

I don't think it would have been a safe era for men, women, kids to live in.

And how many innocent people died in the wild west? I am not sure.
Okay, I have a question....is the main concern over the death penalty about innocent people being put to death for a crime they didn't commit or is it about punishing murderers who have no regard for human life? If the argument is strictly about innocent people then this is not a true debate about the death penalty...it is a debate about those who died innocently.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NT doesn't condone the DP. Ur just driven by death, innocent or guilty makes no difference to you
IMO your statement is exaggerated as to what the member is contending....there are laws that are written and upheld by the justice system....there are punishments written in those laws to warn the offender of what could happen if they break these laws.
I worked in a prison...and even in prison these offenders attack and kill each other.....
And some were already serving life sentences for committing murder so they don't care...what's another life sentence....only one life sentence is going to have any effect on the criminal.
Numerous criminals have been released just to go out and commit the same crimes that got them there in the first place....

Reactions: Grailhunter

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay, I have a question....is the main concern over the death penalty about innocent people being put to death for a crime they didn't commit or is it about punishing murderers who have no regard for human life? If the argument is strictly about innocent people then this is not a true debate about the death penalty...it is a debate about those who died innocently.

It's both, I guess you could say.

As the guilty man can be forgiven and an innocent man could be incorrectly or unjustly sentenced to death in another country.

In persecuted nations Christians are falsely accused of crimes they didn't do, and some lose their lives because of it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's both, I guess you could say.

As the guilty man can be forgiven and an innocent man could be incorrectly or unjustly sentenced to death in another country.

In persecuted nations Christians are falsely accused of crimes they didn't do, and some lose their lives because of it.
Christians who are martyred over their faith is written in scripture and they have a special place in heaven just for them. Jesus said we would be persecuted.....Jesus Himself was given the death penalty and Barnabus was set free...there is no rhyme or reason other than it is the work of Satan and his demons.