Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL that communist analogy is far fetched as it has nothing in common with the death penalty.

I think u summed it up well at the end but "The goal is to keep the death of innocents to a minimum".
Incarceration fulfills these objectives. Besides death is the easy way out. Life in prison is much worse than simply going to sleep. Especially the American high security jails, iv watched docos and their some of the worse in the world.

I think the aim is to keep deaths before old age natural causes to a minimum. As there are already far too many deaths before old age in this world, already too many die young.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the aim is to keep deaths before old age natural causes to a minimum. As there are already far too many deaths before old age in this world, already too many die young.

Ey Josho... Hows it going?
So how did u manage to avoid getting sucked into the radical left like most other millennial's?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ey Josho... Hows it going?
So how did u manage to avoid getting sucked into the radical left like most other millennial's?

Going alright.

I have seen kids that used to go to school with me, vote for Green at the election polls before, and I used to go to a Christian school. The Green Party in this nation though are against Christians.

I myself, others would probably call me right wing. But the left has gone so far left. And on an older political scale I am probably centre-right.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are certainly correct to some degree....but I am not out breaking the law so it's not something I will have to worry about,
You really need to expand on the killing the innocent to punish the guilty....

I'll give some examples

A woman makes a false rape accusation. Her motive could be money or to destroy the mans life or something else.
The cops press charges. Because the man cannot afford the legal fees he will get convicted of the crime he didn't commit.

The police arrest a man for murder but its the wrong guy. The man cannot afford legal representation and is wrongfully convicted.
It's easy to disregard the poor

Anyway it is what it is

Reactions: Will Joseph

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cristo Rei said in Post #314:
Why won't you address the justice system??? ...​

And yet u have failed to present supporting scripture from the NT

I thought you were arguing LEGALITY.

Or are you just arguing? -- Yeah, that's a rhetorical question ...
Bobby Jo

To All,
Proverbs instructs us to NOT ANSWER A FOOL.

So I guess I have to place @Cristo Rei on IGNORE!
Bobby Jo

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll give some examples

A woman makes a false rape accusation. Her motive could be money or to destroy the mans life or something else.
The cops press charges. Because the man cannot afford the legal fees he will get convicted of the crime he didn't commit.

The police arrest a man for murder but its the wrong guy. The man cannot afford legal representation and is wrongfully convicted.

Anyway it is what it is

Well even with Feminism these days, the law could be unfair towards men who have been falsely accused.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cristo Rei said:
Why won't you address the justice system??? ...​

I thought you were arguing LEGALITY.

Or are you just arguing? -- Yeah, that's a rhetorical question ...
Bobby Jo

So u have no argument against the legal issues and u have no supporting scripture from the NT...
So i don't understand your insistence to kill people

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Going alright.

I have seen kids that used to go to school with me, vote for Green at the election polls before, and I used to go to a Christian school. The Green Party in this nation though are against Christians.

I myself, others would probably call me right wing. But the left has gone so far left. And on an older political scale I am probably centre-right.

Fair enough... I think university is where the indoctrination happens...
They get fed the lies of the left and told that any other opinions are horribly wrong.
My sister went to a Catholic high school and began uni around the year 2000.
They turned her into a radical feminazi. She would try to tell mum and dad at the dinner table that gay sex was ok and that men who wear dresses are really women and she would get so upset over it and start crying as if that proved she was morally correct

I remember me and dad both voted for the coalition for the first time ever.
But we voted Abbott without telling her so that we wouldn't have to her her crap... LoL

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll give some examples

Anyway it is what it is
Is this a hypothetical scenario? I have watched movies with this as the plot....and I have seen 3 individuals be released from prison for wrongful conviction. I don't know of anyone who was put to death for crimes committed who was innocent.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, Government is corrupt and the death penalty is murder. Many have been framed.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Police officer who shot Rayshard Brooks could face the death penalty.

Rayshard Brooks killing: Former Atlanta Officer Garrett Rolfe charged with murder, could face death penalty

Now this is a massive problem and it's possibly an example of someone that might unjustly face the death penalty....

the police officer was doing his job, Rayshard wrestled with the police officers, he stole a taser in the video, the policeman then runs after him, Rayshard turns around and fires the taser, the policeman's immediate split second response was to fire his gun at him.

What kind of message this sends? That it's okay to steal a taser and fire it at a police officer? And if you try to stop them, you could be charged with the death penalty? It's ridiculous.

This is exactly why a death penalty can not be trusted in today's day and age. Which is the message @Cristo Rei and some others have been saying in this thread.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Police officer who shot Rayshard Brooks could face the death penalty.

Maybe you missed that the three Duke lacrosse players were WRONGLY CHARGED and the Prosecutor disbarred. The lawsuit settled at approx. $20M.

Similarly, the Baltimore Prosecutor IMPROPERLY CHARGED six officers in the Freddie Gray death, where three were acquitted, three had charges dismissed, and NONE of the six were found to have violated Police Administrative policies. -- Five of the officers sought to sue for wrongful prosecution, but prosecutors have IMMUNITY.

Don't believe the headlines. They're often politically driven.
Bobby Jo

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just reading this thread and its just so sad to see so many Christians supporting murder...:(

Most of you guys are simply unaware of the corruption within the justice system or the costs involved to be represented in court... All of which lead to the wrong decision time and time again

Supporting homicide is not very Christ like. It shows a deep lack empathy which is missing in todays world... Its sad...:oops:

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading this thread and its just so sad to see so many Christians supporting murder...:(

Most of you guys are simply unaware of the corruption within the justice system or the costs involved to be represented in court... All of which lead to the wrong decision time and time again

Supporting homicide is not very Christ like. It shows a deep lack empathy which is missing in todays world... Its sad...:oops:

There is nothing in the Bible that defines executions for offenses as murder.
The justice system is run by humans....how flawed can that be? But what is the alternative? No justice system....anarchy....chaos
mayhem! Survival of the strongest and most well armed. Every neighborhood with its own armed response team dishing out justice in the front yard? Nothing is perfect but there has to be some form of social order.

I do not like murder. I do not like child molestation. I do not like rape. Surprised? With the system that we have, I support the death penalty....by hanging or firing squad....cheaper. Hard labor for the rest of the violent crimes. I do not support retiring these criminals to three hots and a cot. No work just eat and sleep and watch TV at society's expense.

I said, with the system that we have...I support....

I do not like the death penalty either....if it were up to me....
Murders and child molesters and rapists would go to an island for life, and have to fend for themselves with those of their own kind and would have to raise their own food.

Bars and taverns would not have parking lots. Limits to drinks in restaurants.

Head in parking would be made illegal. Bet you are wondering why? LOL

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is nothing in the Bible that defines executions for offenses as murder.
The justice system is run by humans....how flawed can that be? But what is the alternative? No justice system....anarchy....chaos
mayhem! Survival of the strongest and most well armed. Every neighborhood with its own armed response team dishing out justice in the front yard? Nothing is perfect but there has to be some form of social order.

I do not like murder. I do not like child molestation. I do not like rape. Surprised? With the system that we have, I support the death penalty....by hanging or firing squad....cheaper. Hard labor for the rest of the violent crimes. I do not support retiring these criminals to three hots and a cot. No work just eat and sleep and watch TV at society's expense.

I said, with the system that we have...I support....

I do not like the death penalty either....if it were up to me....
Murders and child molesters and rapists would go to an island for life, and have to fend for themselves with those of their own kind and would have to raise their own food.

Bars and taverns would not have parking lots. Limits to drinks in restaurants.

Head in parking would be made illegal. Bet you are wondering why? LOL

The system we have is corrupted by money

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How righteous are we if we kill a man who has killed a man...
We are no different then... We are both murderers...
Both think they had a just reason to take a humans life but only God should have that authority...
Mans corrupt justice systems are inadequate to make such decisions

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I may, the murderer is under the Law of the OT, the saint is not. The murderer must pay to the uttermost farthing.