Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So u dont care if some innocent people die...
Harsh realities....you cannot make a system for any what if. The communists attack our country, should we hand it it to them because maybe some innocent people will die. If you do not have law and order then a lot of innocent people will die....the wrong ones....children in their front yard mowed down by drive by shooting. Harsh reality...innocent people will die.

The goal is to keep the death of innocents to a minimum....for those on death row and the children in the front yard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobby Jo

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The OT is important too. Yes, Jesus told Peter to put away his sword, because he wasn't setting up an earthly kingdom. He also said that if he were setting up an earthly kingdom his followers would fight. Whether to pick up the sword or not depends on what we are called to currently do.
God doesn't contradict what he said in the OT with what he says in the New.
I will remind you just for FYI that Christ made sure the Apostles had swords and to go buy them if they did not.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
IMO your statement is exaggerated as to what the member is contending....there are laws that are written and upheld by the justice system....there are punishments written in those laws to warn the offender of what could happen if they break these laws.
I worked in a prison...and even in prison these offenders attack and kill each other.....
And some were already serving life sentences for committing murder so they don't care...what's another life sentence....only one life sentence is going to have any effect on the criminal.
Numerous criminals have been released just to go out and commit the same crimes that got them there in the first place....

My statement was in response to his claim that I was making "excuses" for the guilty to live. And look above at what he says. I'm not even responding to such nonsense. One must either ignore the faulty justice system or not care much about human life.

Besides what is a worse punishment death or life in prison?

Have u been to prison?

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My statement was in response to his claim that I was making "excuses" for the guilty to live.

Have u been to prison?
I worked as a prison guard.

The NT doesn't condone the DP. Ur just driven by death, innocent or guilty makes no difference to you
This is a presumption you have made on your own....this is a debate forum...let's keep it civil...thanks.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Harsh realities....you cannot make a system for any what if. The communists attack our country, should we hand it it to them because maybe some innocent people will die. If you do not have law and order then a lot of innocent people will die....the wrong ones....children in their front yard mowed down by drive by shooting. Harsh reality...innocent people will die.

The goal is to keep the death of innocents to a minimum....for those on death row and the children in the front yard.

LOL that communist analogy is far fetched as it has nothing in common with the death penalty.

I think u summed it up well at the end but "The goal is to keep the death of innocents to a minimum".
Incarceration fulfills these objectives. Besides death is the easy way out. Life in prison is much worse than simply going to sleep. Especially the American high security jails, iv watched docos and their some of the worse in the world.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a presumption you have made on your own....this is a debate forum...let's keep it civil...thanks.

What are you talking about. The reason I engaged him is cos he called someone satanic and so I tried to get him to calm down but he just dismissed me as making excuses.
A person can either ignore the fault of the justice system or not care about it. Either way a person is only focused on the death penalty and shows no regard for innocent so what I said was true

I worked as a prison guard

Ok. I was a prisoner. It probably has an influence in our opinions.

So what is a tougher punishment; death by lethal injection or life in a high security prison?
Sleep isnt much of a punishment compared to life

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... he called someone satanic ...

Psalm 44
11 Thou hast made us like sheep for slaughter, ...
22 Nay, for thy sake we are slain all the day long,
and accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
It's one thing when GOD has HIS plan and purpose; but an entirely different thing for someone to wittingly or unwittingly encourage an individual to do something which may cause their harm or death.

So the FORMER is of GOD, but the latter is of satan. Thus GOD gives Governments the RESPONSIBILITY of ensuring that criminals are incarcerated and put to death; and gives Christians the RESPONSIBILITY of preserving and protecting themselves and their loved ones.

And remember, given the three options which GOD allowed David, he REFUSED falling into the hands of men. -- For GOOD REASON.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about. The reason I engaged him is cos he called someone satanic and so I tried to get him to calm down but he just dismissed me as making excuses.
A person can either ignore the fault of the justice system or not care about it. Either way a person is only focused on the death penalty and shows no regard for innocent so what I said was true

Ok. I was a prisoner. It probably has an influence in our opinions.

So what is a tougher punishment; death by lethal injection or life in a high security prison?
Sleep isnt much of a punishment compared to life

Probably, does have an influence.....I was in the middle of an inmate coming from another pod onto my pod at dinner time....I didn't see him come in because his accomplices were keeping me busy opening their cell doors....but I caught him coming out of a cell and called him over...asked what are you doing on this pod and in that cell? He stammered an excuse and took off....I used my radio and told the yard officers to stop him and check him out thoroughly....as I was heading to that cell to see what was up I got a call back from the yard officers to lock down now.....so I locked down and about 10 officers came running in and went straight to that cell...the inmate had been stabbed multiple times. I didn't last too long as a corrections officer because you can't correct evil you have to cast those evil spirits out! lol

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Probably, does have an influence.....I was in the middle of an inmate coming from another pod onto my pod at dinner time....I didn't see him come in because his accomplices were keeping me busy opening their cell doors....but I caught him coming out of a cell and called him over...asked what are you doing on this pod and in that cell? He stammered an excuse and took off....I used my radio and told the yard officers to stop him and check him out thoroughly....as I was heading to that cell to see what was up I got a call back from the yard officers to lock down now.....so I locked down and about 10 officers came running in and went straight to that cell...the inmate had been stabbed multiple times. I didn't last too long as a corrections officer because you can't correct evil you have to cast those evil spirits out! lol

Call me old fashioned but i don't think being a CO is a job for a lady... I would be always stressed if a loved one worked there...
It would be very easy to unwittingly become the sexual desire of inmates. I didn't see much trouble but when I did see some physical altercations I saw that the women were ineffective when brute force was needed.

But with people getting shanked were u in high security? I was in low security where we could go into other pods and cells.
But COs tend to view all inmates as scum, i view them as sinners that have the most need for Christ, the sinners that Jesus ate with and died with

I was only in for a month for a bunch of traffic infringements. Prison is for criminals so i feel betrayed by society

Did u have a think about which punishment would be worse; death or life?
Also how can u support the DP with our dodgy justice system.
Without a spare $100,000 for legal fees a person is sent to his death. A person with a lot of money can walk free like OJ.
Are you ok with killing the innocent poor to punish the guilty? Out of 4 DPs would 1 innocent death be acceptable?

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your agenda contradicts GOD's Word.

Bobby Jo

Why won't you address the justice system???

There is nothing that the DP can bring that incarceration already doesn't apart from your own personal satisfaction

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call me old fashioned but i don't think being a CO is a job for a lady... I would be always stressed if a loved one worked there...
It would be very easy to unwittingly become the sexual desire of inmates. I didn't see much trouble but when I did see some physical altercations I saw that the women were ineffective when brute force was needed.

But with people getting shanked were u in high security? I was in low security where we could go into other pods and cells.
I was only in for a month for a bunch of traffic infringements. Prison is for criminals so i feel betrayed by society

Did u have a think about which punishment would be worse; death or life?
Without a spare $100,000 for legal fees a person is sent to his death. A person with a lot of money can walk free like OJ.
Are you ok with killing the innocent poor to punish the guilty? Out of 4 DPs would 1 innocent death be acceptable?
It was medium....and yes I saw my share of the male anatomy when I would do my security checks during lockdown..

The only time the death penalty is EVER used is when the person has a history of repeat offenses such as assault with a deadly weapon, shooting with intent to kill...raping and mutilating...especially children.....AND eventually it becomes murder...it has to be PREMEDITATED...Murder in the first degree and terrorists acts.

There were a lot inmates at the facility I worked at that were serving life sentences for 2nd and 3rd degree murder/manslaughter.....DUI resulting in deaths of other motorists...etc....you get the drift.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was medium....and yes I saw my share of the male anatomy when I would do my security checks during lockdown..

The only time the death penalty is EVER used is when the person has a history of repeat offenses such as assault with a deadly weapon, shooting with intent to kill...raping and mutilating...especially children.....AND eventually it becomes murder...it has to be PREMEDITATED...Murder in the first degree and terrorists acts.

There were a lot inmates at the facility I worked at that were serving life sentences for 2nd and 3rd degree murder/manslaughter.....DUI resulting in deaths of other motorists...etc....you get the drift.

Still but justice only exists to people who can afford it

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You really need to expand on the killing the innocent to punish the guilty....
You are making this thread about killing innocent people. No one here would consider that as far as I know.

Now if we are simply debating the death penalty for guilty people then I am for it when they are so evil and have willfully and intentionally taken lives of men, women, and children.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still but justice only exists to people who can afford it
You are certainly correct to some degree....but I am not out breaking the law so it's not something I will have to worry about,