Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the best response you can come up with?
You pay taxes to your satanic government?

Come on now, don't throw these kind of remarks (insults really) towards your fellow brothers and sisters.
No Christian here is promoting killing innocent people to be killed by satanic governments.
Exactly, I completely agree.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If? Government if FILLED with criminals!

Why would a Christian support killing people? He wouldn't! Let government do their filthy deeds.

I don't see in the Word of God where it says you can reject govt. if it is filled with criminals.

YOu can try if you so desire, just let us know which prison you will be thrown in so we can visit you!

We are commanded to obey government as long as their laws do not clearly contradict Scripture or not.

The only difference between you and them is that teh Holy Spirit lives i n you, otherwise you would be just as wicked a criminal as you condemn them for being!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who will decide if someone is innocent or guilty? Our totally corrupt "justice" system?

The right? Are you promoting killing innocent people by Satanic governments?

Think for a minute and you will have my answer to your stupid question!

Maybe if you stuck to the topic instead of going crazy you wouldn't ask some foolish things.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should there be a death penalty Yes or No?

As a son of a someone who used to work as a prison chaplain, I don't agree with the death penalty. I believe they too are human beings, they too can be saved, some are genuinely repentant in countries that still have the death penalty, and they are still put to death, the Bali 9 in Indonesia was a good example, Andrew Chan was a genuinely changed man, repentant, he turned to Jesus and deserved a second chance. But even though he significantly changed and was helping other prisoners, he still got put to death.

Found this arcticle.

Death penalty undermines Jesus' redemptive work on the cross - Shane Claiborne
I used to be for it but honestly I have seen more anger and violence in the people who support it.

Today, I think everyone should be given the chance for repentance and it isn't up to us to decide when or who.

I believe the man Jesus said would be with him in paradise was guilty of murder, as well as theft, need to look into it more.

Reactions: Truth7t7

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that's the best response you can come up with?
You pay taxes to your satanic government?

Come on now, don't throw these kind of remarks (insults really) towards your fellow brothers and sisters.
No Christian here is promoting killing innocent people to be killed by satanic governments.
So you're against the death penalty?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think for a minute and you will have my answer to your stupid question!

Maybe if you stuck to the topic instead of going crazy you wouldn't ask some foolish things.
So you're for killing innocent people because LYING politicians tell you to?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're for killing innocent people because LYING politicians tell you to?

When did this become a case for individuals killing people? I have been talking about governments having a death penalty and god declaring a death penaly for all mankind before the Mosaic Law was written!

What slime covered rock are you pulling this from? And we are talking about laws and not lying politicians.

Do you believe that in order to stop a man from raping your wife and daughters and then killing them you have to kill the man- would you?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did this become a case for individuals killing people?
You don't know government is made up of "individuals"?
I have been talking about governments having a death penalty and god declaring a death penaly for all mankind before the Mosaic Law was written!
You're promoting killing people, including INNOCENT people. When government murders Christians do you also agree with government?
What slime covered rock are you pulling this from? And we are talking about laws and not lying politicians.
Do you read your posts? Oh my!
Do you believe that in order to stop a man from raping your wife and daughters and then killing them you have to kill the man- would you?
I trust God. I HIGHLY recommend it. Don't you pray?
Matthew 6:13 (NKJV)
13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.

Spirit_and_Truth

Nov 5, 2021
West Chester
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should there be a death penalty Yes or No?

As a son of a someone who used to work as a prison chaplain, I don't agree with the death penalty. I believe they too are human beings, they too can be saved, some are genuinely repentant in countries that still have the death penalty, and they are still put to death, the Bali 9 in Indonesia was a good example, Andrew Chan was a genuinely changed man, repentant, he turned to Jesus and deserved a second chance. But even though he significantly changed and was helping other prisoners, he still got put to death.

Found this arcticle.

https://www.christiantoday.com/arti....work.on.the.cross.shane.claiborne/134887.htm

Did you know the term "death penalty" is in Scripture many times?

Did you know God is the one who calls for the death penalty?

This is to be carried out by civil govt (not the church) according to Scripture.

Do you know why God institutes the death penalty? It's the strongest deterant for murder, other than living in a society where EVERYONE is a committed Christian.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know government is made up of "individuals"?

You're promoting killing people, including INNOCENT people. When government murders Christians do you also agree with government?

Do you read your posts? Oh my!

I trust God. I HIGHLY recommend it. Don't you pray?
Matthew 6:13 (NKJV)
13 And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.

Show me where God forbid Governments from having a death penalty.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the term "death penalty" is in Scripture many times?

Did you know God is the one who calls for the death penalty?

This is to be carried out by civil govt (not the church) according to Scripture.

Do you know why God institutes the death penalty? It's the strongest deterant for murder, other than living in a society where EVERYONE is a committed Christian.
Jesus Christ opposed the death penalty as seen below, the woman was guilty of death by stoning (Adultery)

Example: How many jurors in court rooms have committed 1st degree murder through their acts in killing the unborn (Abortion), and have passed sentence on others, this being comparable to the Pharisees below?

John 8:1-11KJV
1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Reactions: Spirit_and_Truth

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho, In the Law where it is translated that a person should die, for as not honouring their father and mother, the understanding that I gain from those passages is not that they will die physically because they are not honouring their Father and Mother, but that they will die the second death at the time of the final judgement.

Where it was unhealthy for a person to spread untruths and false understanding within the nation of Israel, God did instruct the people to stone that person to death so that they physically died because they were stoned. However, they would also die the second death after the resurrection of all the people of the earth at the time of final judgement.

We say that the Hebrew has few words to express the concepts that the Hebrew text contains, but the English language does not have enough words also to convey the context that is expressed in the Hebrew or Greek texts, and as such our translations are lacking the true context of the original texts.

Shalom

Reactions: Josho

Spirit_and_Truth

Nov 5, 2021
West Chester
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't abolish the death penalty in John 8. He simply prevented himself from being trapped by the Pharisees. The Pharisees had the legal right to stone her, but they were violating the spirit of the law. Their intent had nothing to do w/ justice, rather an attempt to condemn the Son of God! That one example cannot be conclusive on God's use of the death penalty.

God has said in Gen 6:9 "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

Who has the legal authority to carry out the death penalty? Civil govt. "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."
Rom 13:3‭-‬4

This presumes that civil govt rules according to the Word of God. Our Constitution protects our rights that come from God according to Scripture. We have the right to life. When murder is legalized in the case of abortion, we must reject civil govt law to follow God's Law.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't abolish the death penalty in John 8. He simply prevented himself from being trapped by the Pharisees. The Pharisees had the legal right to stone her, but they were violating the spirit of the law. Their intent had nothing to do w/ justice, rather an attempt to condemn the Son of God! That one example cannot be conclusive on God's use of the death penalty.

God has said in Gen 6:9 "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

Who has the legal authority to carry out the death penalty? Civil govt. "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: for he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."
Rom 13:3‭-‬4

This presumes that civil govt rules according to the Word of God. Our Constitution protects our rights that come from God according to Scripture. We have the right to life. When murder is legalized in the case of abortion, we must reject civil govt law to follow God's Law.
Jesus Christ abolished the death penalty of the law, it was clearly shown in the woman caught in adultery

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are ok with sending someone to Hell forever and ever, or killing one of God's people? Sounds like a very unGodly doctrine.

Irrelavent- so me where God forbids government from invoking a death penalty! YOu are talking about emotional and philosophical sentiments and I am asking you to show me scripture!

God ordered Israel to slaughter tens of thousands of people! God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

so I guess you consider God to issue ungodly orders.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrelavent- so me where God forbids government from invoking a death penalty! YOu are talking about emotional and philosophical sentiments and I am asking you to show me scripture!

God ordered Israel to slaughter tens of thousands of people! God is the same yesterday, today and forever!

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

so I guess you consider God to issue ungodly orders.
So you don't deny that you are for sending sinners to Hell and killing God's people by the hands of WICKED Satanic governments?

Would YOU do the executing?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't deny that you are for sending sinners to Hell and killing God's people by the hands of WICKED Satanic governments?

Would YOU do the executing?

If Gods people commit something worthy of deathy, then like as Paul said- Yes! Paul was willing and di dnot condemne rome about the death penalty, He said trhat if He had done something worthy of death He refused not to die!

And wrong- no one but the sinner themself sends them to hell. god does not send one soul to hell! Teh sinner condemns themselves, God just declares the just sentence they earned!

If you can show me one verse in the bible that condemns governments for having a death penalty do so! All you are offering is philosophical musings that have no bearing on what Scripture says.

Genesis 9:6
King James Version

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

According to your musings- God HImself is ungodly.