Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Gods people commit something worthy of deathy, then like as Paul said- Yes! Paul was willing and di dnot condemne rome about the death penalty, He said trhat if He had done something worthy of death He refused not to die!
You would execute a Christian?
And wrong- no one but the sinner themself sends them to hell. god does not send one soul to hell! Teh sinner condemns themselves, God just declares the just sentence they earned!
If YOU execute someone their blood will be on YOUR hands. You can't blame government on Judgment Day.
If you can show me one verse in the bible that condemns governments for having a death penalty do so! All you are offering is philosophical musings that have no bearing on what Scripture says.

Genesis 9:6
King James Version

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

According to your musings- God HImself is ungodly.
God uses the wicked to punish other wicked people! That doesn't mean they won't pay dearly on Judgment Day!
You are totally ignoring what Jesus said to us!

Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would execute a Christian?

If YOU execute someone their blood will be on YOUR hands. You can't blame government on Judgment Day.

God uses the wicked to punish other wicked people! That doesn't mean they won't pay dearly on Judgment Day!
You are totally ignoring what Jesus said to us!

Luke 6:27 (NKJV)
27 "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Now you are applying personal commands to the role of government which is established by God (Romans 14).

God ordered man to execute one who killed one willfully! That is still in effect as it was written to Noah and His descendants. this was the start of government.

If a christian in cold blood murders someone- yes they should forfeit their life as God commanded. Once again you are pulling things together to try to make a case that has no business being put together.

whether or not government has a right to execute someone has nothing to do with whether the officials will pay dearly or not on Judegment day.

Jesus commands to individuals have nothing to do with government. show me one passage where Jesus condemns government for th edeath penalty!

And God used wicked people to judge His own people! even a casual reading of the OT shows that. And if a Christian backslides for a season and commits 1st degree murder- they forfeit their life!

Gen. 9:

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you are applying personal commands to the role of government which is established by God (Romans 14).

God ordered man to execute one who killed one willfully! That is still in effect as it was written to Noah and His descendants. this was the start of government.

If a christian in cold blood murders someone- yes they should forfeit their life as God commanded. Once again you are pulling things together to try to make a case that has no business being put together.

whether or not government has a right to execute someone has nothing to do with whether the officials will pay dearly or not on Judegment day.

Jesus commands to individuals have nothing to do with government. show me one passage where Jesus condemns government for th edeath penalty!

And God used wicked people to judge His own people! even a casual reading of the OT shows that. And if a Christian backslides for a season and commits 1st degree murder- they forfeit their life!

Gen. 9:

Again you're being evasive. You are clearly promoting sending sinners to Hell or killing God's children. Either way you will lose on Judgment Day.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again you're being evasive. You are clearly promoting sending sinners to Hell or killing God's children. Either way you will lose on Judgment Day.

No that is you jumping to conclusions. I am promoting governments making a murderer pay the biblical price for their murdering someone. whether they go to hell or not is a totally separate issue.

I am saved- I will not lose on judgment day. disagreeing with your opinions is no basis for one going to hell.

Still waiting for you to show me one verse where jesus condemned the death penalty, He established after Noah left the ark.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is you jumping to conclusions. I am promoting governments making a murderer pay the biblical price for their murdering someone. whether they go to hell or not is a totally separate issue.

I am saved- I will not lose on judgment day. disagreeing with your opinions is no basis for one going to hell.

Still waiting for you to show me one verse where jesus condemned the death penalty, He established after Noah left the ark.
You are promoting killing Christians and sending sinners to Hell who may have gotten saved!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are promoting killing Christians and sending sinners to Hell who may have gotten saved!

You are approaching this whole argument as a baby brand new Christian. If you knew doctrine you know that God will not allow anyone who wishes to be saved to be lost! He knows past present and future- that is why he foreordained and predestined the elect!

And you indict God of doing teh same! for He instructed Israel to slaughter thousands without mercy!

Also you forget it was God who established the death penalty! Or do you not wish to acknowledge that!

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Stop thinking with your emotions and think along what the bible says

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are we supposed TO THINK the chaplain that visits the murderous sinner BEFORE
his death penalty is executed doesn't tell him The Truth of The Gospel, so he can be saved BEFORE death?:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the Judgment!" (Hebrews_9:27)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are approaching this whole argument as a baby brand new Christian. If you knew doctrine you know that God will not allow anyone who wishes to be saved to be lost! He knows past present and future- that is why he foreordained and predestined the elect!
So you're ok with killing Christians and sending sinners to Hell! Got it!
And you indict God of doing teh same! for He instructed Israel to slaughter thousands without mercy!
YOU are not God! And you don't have the right to kill anyone. And if someone gets saved you kill him anyway for Uncle Sam?
Also you forget it was God who established the death penalty! Or do you not wish to acknowledge that!
I certainly acknowledge that God punishes the wicked by other wicked people. Are you wicked?
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Stop thinking with your emotions and think along what the bible says
Attention Ronald Nolette! Christians obey Jesus and the New Covenant. Do you also execute MILLIONS who work on weekends? How about gays? You are teaching total hypocrisy. God didn't give you the right to kill Christians nor send people falsely accused to Hell fire!

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, are we supposed TO THINK the chaplain that visits the murderous sinner BEFORE
his death penalty is executed doesn't tell him The Truth of The Gospel, so he can be saved BEFORE death?:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the Judgment!" (Hebrews_9:27)
You have ZERO right to take anyone's life!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have ZERO right to take anyone's life!
Absolutely! To Individuals: "Thou shalt NOT murder!" Also Scriptural IS:

To governments:

Rom_13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil!

God's Capital Punishment, Correct?

'nuff said...

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely! To Individuals: "Thou shalt NOT murder!" Also Scriptural IS:

To governments:

Rom_13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil!

God's Capital Punishment, Correct?

'nuff said...
Yes God uses WICKED governments to punish other wicked people. And those wicked people in governments will burn in Hell unless they get saved.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly acknowledge that God punishes the wicked by other wicked people. Are you wicked?

I think you need to read your old testament! He had faithful Jews killing other Jews for crimes! Jesus never in the NT forbade the death penalty!

and sorry but government- no matter how wicked is simply a tool in god's hand.

Romans 13
King James Version

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Paul said that evil rome was a minister of God and that if a believer did evil, they should fear! I understand you rfeelings, I had them also for a long time. but the bible teaches different.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never in the NT forbade the death penalty!

and sorry but government- no matter how wicked is simply a tool in god's hand.

Romans 13
King James Version

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

Paul said that evil rome was a minister of God and that if a believer did evil, they should fear! I understand you rfeelings, I had them also for a long time. but the bible teaches different.
"Your claim is error as seen below"

The woman at the well was guilty of death by stoning, and it could be understood that the accusing scribes and pharisees were also, that written on the ground by Jesus Christ would be compelling evidence of their crimes

Jesus Christ below abolished the death penalty, with the words

"Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

John 8:3-11KJV
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them,
He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Your claim is error as seen below"

The woman at the well was guilty of death by stoning, and it could be understood that the accusing scribes and pharisees were also, the words written on the ground would be compelling evidence of their crimes

Jesus Christ below abolished the death penalty, with the words

"Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."

John 8:3-11KJV
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Wrong! Jesus did not condemn the death penalty here. He did not even say that it was wrong to stone her. He just said the only one without sin throw the first stone. He chose NOT to enact the proper penalty as the Law God gave to Israel called for!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong! Jesus did not condemn the death penalty here. He did not even say that it was wrong to stone her. He just said the only one without sin throw the first stone. He chose NOT to enact the proper penalty as the Law God gave to Israel called for!
Amen!
Jesus showed her mercy! Fortunately for all of us God has a whole lot of that. Probably all of us need to have more of it:

"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy" Matt 5:7

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the term "death penalty" is in Scripture many times?

Did you know God is the one who calls for the death penalty?

This is to be carried out by civil govt (not the church) according to Scripture.

Do you know why God institutes the death penalty? It's the strongest deterant for murder, other than living in a society where EVERYONE is a committed Christian.
God does call for the death penalty . BUT WHO ALONE is worthy to give that sentence .
LOOK to JESUS for that answer .
First notice when the jews told JESUS that the adulterous lady was worthy of DEATH , JESUS DID NOT SAY , NO SHE AINT .
HE KNEW SHE WAS .
BUT what did HE say , LET HE who is amongst you , WITHOUT SIN cast the FIRST STONE AT HER .
GUESS what , NO MAN can do that . GOD WILL . GOD WILL DESTROY the wicked . AS for us , WE BETTER POINT THEM TO JESUS .
ONLY GOD IS THE ACTUAL TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS JUDGE OF THE LAW .
IF they picked YOU to be the one to KILL the offender , COULD YOU DO IT . COULD YOU TAKE that life .
I could not . and as such i wont be guilty of voting for it either . WE have no right to take life . Though man will do as he does
and govts as they do , AS CHRSITAINS we cannot take the life of another . THUS WE cannot support it either .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct , HE DID NOT CONDEMN the death penalty . BUT as you so rightly said , HE SHOWED US WHO ALONE HAS THE RIGTH
to execute that sentence . NOT MAN , BUT GOD . AND JESUS came to shew us the way we ought to live . MERCY .
Put them in jail . I agree with that . Keep them in jail too . AND WITNESS JESUS TO THEM
so perhaps they as the man on the cross did , WILL COME TO JESUS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE .
the man on the cross got what he deserved , DEATH PENALTY , FAITH IN JESUS GAVE HIM WHAT HE DID NOT DESERVE , ETERNAL LIFE FOREVER .
Could you kill a person guilty of murder . WELL then lets not support it either . instead i say PUT THEM IN JAIL where they belong
BUT DO PREACH JESUS TO THEM in hopes at least they will end up with eternal life .

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does call for the death penalty . BUT WHO ALONE is worthy to give that sentence .
LOOK to JESUS for that answer .
First notice when the jews told JESUS that the adulterous lady was worthy of DEATH , JESUS DID NOT SAY , NO SHE AINT .
HE KNEW SHE WAS .
BUT what did HE say , LET HE who is amongst you , WITHOUT SIN cast the FIRST STONE AT HER .
GUESS what , NO MAN can do that . GOD WILL . GOD WILL DESTROY the wicked . AS for us , WE BETTER POINT THEM TO JESUS .
ONLY GOD IS THE ACTUAL TRUE AND RIGHTEOUS JUDGE OF THE LAW .
IF they picked YOU to be the one to KILL the offender , COULD YOU DO IT . COULD YOU TAKE that life .
I could not . and as such i wont be guilty of voting for it either . WE have no right to take life . Though man will do as he does
and govts as they do , AS CHRSITAINS we cannot take the life of another . THUS WE cannot support it either .
I Agree good post

Think of the untold Jurors in America that have passed a death sentence on others, when they themselves are guilty of the same such as the scribes and pharisees?

Ezample: How many have sat in jury's that committed premeditated 1st degree murder in (Abortion) or assisted in the act, such as paying for or recommending it?

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Agree good post

Think of the untold Jurorsin America that have passed a death sentence on others, when they themselves are guilty ofthe same?

Ezample: How many have sat in jury's that committed premeditated 1st degree murder in (Abortion) or assisted in the act, such as paying for or recommending it?
That my friend is why i wont ever sit on a jury . That and this as well .
The second they make me put my hand on a bible and swear an oath , I AM GONNA SAY , NOPE , JESUS said to swear not
not by heaven , not by earth , not by any other oath . SO , i suspect highly i will fast be rejected as a juror .

Reactions: Marvelloustime