Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ronald, you don't know what you would do, you just think you do.
I think @kcnalp is saying that we are not God and the justice system is not perfect and innocent persons have been put to death.
The problem as I see it is that the guilty do not remain in jail, thus what to do?

Well th esystem is designed by manj based on teh command of God, that if a man kills another man in cold blood (what we call 1st degree murder) they forfeit their life.

Yes innocents have been jailed, and the guilty have been let free, that is not a problem with the death penalty, but in how our justice system works.

I am very confident in what I would do if the evidence is overwhelming that the person charged committed murder. A jurist does not play God, thery are merely handing out the punishment He ordered for man to mete out for a murderer.

Reactions: JohnPaul

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you kill someone without it being in self defense but outright murder or rape someone or molest a child, you are deserving of being put to Death. That casting the first stone has nothing to do with the killing of an innocent person, rape or pedophilia.

And please don't ask me about soldiers in war, wars are waged and the defending country has a right to fight back.

You sound like a bleeding heart liberal, so you'd be ok with someone killing, raping or molesting a child in your family, you'd throw your stone down and forgive them?
You're not qualified to decide who should die. No human is. Jesus told us that we would receive mercy if we give mercy.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well th esystem is designed by manj based on teh command of God, that if a man kills another man in cold blood (what we call 1st degree murder) they forfeit their life.

Yes innocents have been jailed, and the guilty have been let free, that is not a problem with the death penalty, but in how our justice system works.

I am very confident in what I would do if the evidence is overwhelming that the person charged committed murder. A jurist does not play God, thery are merely handing out the punishment He ordered for man to mete out for a murderer.
Evidence? lol

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you kill someone without it being in self defense but outright murder or rape someone or molest a child, you are deserving of being put to Death. That casting the first stone has nothing to do with the killing of an innocent person, rape or pedophilia.

And please don't ask me about soldiers in war, wars are waged and the defending country has a right to fight back.

You sound like a bleeding heart liberal, so you'd be ok with someone killing, raping or molesting a child in your family, you'd throw your stone down and forgive them?
Are you without sin? If you are then cast the first stone. But then again, Jesus was without sin and He didn't.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis puts forth a death penalty for murderers:

Genesis 9:5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

Gen 9:6Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

Notice that it says God will require this, in verse five.

God requires the death penalty for murder.

The ‘cast the first stone’ incident was about adultery, not murder.
Hence Thow shall not commit murder, not Thow shall not kill, this is what people get confused and think it pertains to you shouldn't kill anyone for any reason.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY God knows that!
No the law of justice knows that when facts are presented that are collected and investigated pertaining to the crime, and then a jury hears and sees the evidence shown before them and a decision is made on facts not fiction by the jury.

Forensic science has improved drastically, to the point where there is little room for error and an innocent man will not be put to death but a murderer, rapist and pedophile will.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're not qualified to decide who should die.
That issue must be settled in a court of law, not by any individual. But the death penalty does exist, and in fact God Himself approves of the death penalty for heinous crimes.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not qualified to decide who should die. No human is. Jesus told us that we would receive mercy if we give mercy.
By law of the land we are qualified by being given facts, one must maintain order or the criminals will run rampant as they are doing now under this new administration.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you without sin? If you are then cast the first stone. But then again, Jesus was without sin and He didn't.
Look don't speak that tired old saying to me, I am not talking about regular sin, I'm talking about cold blooded murder and premeditated murder, not killing someone in self defense to protect your own life or that of your family.

To answer your question,no I'm not without sin, but I would not drop my stone I would cast it at the murderer and kill him as David did with Goliath.

You didn't answer my question would you be so forgiving if someone killed and raped one of your family members or raped a child in your family, would you drop your stone then?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidence? lol

Evidence for what? That god commanded men to kill men who committted murder?

Genesis 9:5-6
King James Version

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

If you are looking for evidence that all justice systems are imperfect- I will let you do the google search.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Evidence for what? That god commanded men to kill men who committted murder?

King James Version

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

If you are looking for evidence that all justice systems are imperfect- I will let you do the google search.
You really shouldn't ignore what Jesus said.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look don't speak that tired old saying to me, I am not talking about regular sin, I'm talking about cold blooded murder and premeditated murder, not killing someone in self defense to protect your own life or that of your family.

To answer your question,no I'm not without sin, but I would not drop my stone I would cast it at the murderer and kill him as David did with Goliath.

You didn't answer my question would you be so forgiving if someone killed and raped one of your family members or raped a child in your family, would you drop your stone then?
I am very forgiving. That's what Christians do, forgive ALL. Those who do not forgive are not Christians.

Mark 11:26 (NKJV)
26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By law of the land we are qualified by being given facts, one must maintain order or the criminals will run rampant as they are doing now under this new administration.
ONLY God knows who is guilty. You don't.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That issue must be settled in a court of law, not by any individual. But the death penalty does exist, and in fact God Himself approves of the death penalty for heinous crimes.
Innocent people don't get convicted? Are you willing to stake your salvation on it? Christians do not kill people nor vote to kill people.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a separate issue, and it does happen. But that does not change the law. What it means is better administration of the justice system.
How is it "separate"? It isn't. Witnesses LIE! Prosecutors LIE! Lawyers LIE! Judges LIE! All who vote for the death penalty will have bloody hands on Judgment Day.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am very forgiving. That's what Christians do, forgive ALL. Those who do not forgive are not Christians.

Mark 11:26 (NKJV)
26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.
You'd forgive someone if they killed one of your family members just for the sake of it, or rape someone in your family or sexually assaulted a child in your family, you would be a good Christian and for give all those heinous crimes perpetrated against your family members?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ONLY God knows who is guilty. You don't.
Your wrong that's why they have courts of law to condemn the guilty, yes some innocent people have been convicted, but with the forensic criminal science they have nowadays its nearly impossible to send the wrong person to their death, for committing murder or other heinous crimes.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really shouldn't ignore what Jesus said.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

And you shouldn't forget what god ordered mankind to do in a governmental basis:

King James Version