Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am on a jury and the evidence overwhelmingly shows a Christian in cold blood murdered someone- yes I will with poraise and sadness in my heart vote for teh execution of the murderer.
"Evidence"? You have no idea how corrupt judges, prosecutors and lawyers are! So if your child is falsely convicted of murder you would execute him if Big Brother ordered you?

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obviously know zero about how corrupt governments are!

Don't you pray like Jesus told us to?
Luke 11:4 (NKJV)
4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."

Doesn't God answer your prayers?

I didn't blame God for anything.

You mean the verses you totally twist? You're looking for excuses to murder innocent people and Christians. I will never accept murdering people for corrupt Satanic governments.

Once again you are confusing things Jesus commanded for individuals with how God ordained governments to act when one person murders another!

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you are confusing things Jesus commanded for individuals with how God ordained governments to act when one person murders another!

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing
So you would vote to execute your own unsaved child who was falsely convicted of murder and heading for Hell fire?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you would vote to execute your own unsaved child who was falsely convicted of murder and heading for Hell fire?

YOu constantly deal with what if's. Not in what Scripture says.

1. I have no unbelieving children.
2. You are constantly assuming a false conviction.
3. God determines the fate of HIs children.
4. The death penalty has to be a unanimous verdict by 12 people beyond a reasonable doubt.
5. Yes there has been false convictions, but those false convictions do not negate teh biblical mandates God set up for governments to act upon!
6. Would I want to see m y child executed? Of oucrse not, I would try to take His place- though I know I can't. But if the evidence overwhelmingly beyond a reasonable doubt shows He committed murder- then according to my Father in heaven He should forfeit His human life!

Once again all you are doing is making emotional arguments to try to overturn the Word of God!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu constantly deal with what if's. Not in what Scripture says.

1. I have no unbelieving children.
2. You are constantly assuming a false conviction.
3. God determines the fate of HIs children.
4. The death penalty has to be a unanimous verdict by 12 people beyond a reasonable doubt.
5. Yes there has been false convictions, but those false convictions do not negate teh biblical mandates God set up for governments to act upon!
6. Would I want to see m y child executed? Of oucrse not, I would try to take His place- though I know I can't. But if the evidence overwhelmingly beyond a reasonable doubt shows He committed murder- then according to my Father in heaven He should forfeit His human life!

Once again all you are doing is making emotional arguments to try to overturn the Word of God!
How about someone you love with all your heart? Isn't there anyone? Would you execute him/her because the State says you should? You're really ducking this issue!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about someone you love with all your heart? Isn't there anyone? Would you execute him/her because the State says you should? You're really ducking this issue!

First iff I love my children more than you can possibly know. But just because I love them does not mean that if they committed a crime they should not have to pay for their crime. And seeing how I am not an executioner- I don't put them to death and I would never be allowed to sit on a jury that involves a defendant I am familiar with.

However if I was to sit on a jury, it would break my heart and I would probably stroke out from sorrow, but if the evidence was beyind a reasonable doubt that they murdered someone- I woulkd vote guilty!

But it is you ducking the issue. You keep flingin emotional arguments and refuse to accept what God commands. You want to make your sentimental ideology God instead of God in this.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First iff I love my children more than you can possibly know. But just because I love them does not mean that if they committed a crime they should not have to pay for their crime. And seeing how I am not an executioner- I don't put them to death and I would never be allowed to sit on a jury that involves a defendant I am familiar with.

However if I was to sit on a jury, it would break my heart and I would probably stroke out from sorrow, but if the evidence was beyind a reasonable doubt that they murdered someone- I woulkd vote guilty!

But it is you ducking the issue. You keep flingin emotional arguments and refuse to accept what God commands. You want to make your sentimental ideology God instead of God in this.
If you openly promote the death penalty you would certainly be guilty of executing your loved one and all the innocents and Christians executed by the Satanic State.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you openly promote the death penalty you would certainly be guilty of executing your loved one and all the innocents and Christians executed by the Satanic State.

I love how you keep calling murderers innocents. It is a lie of course but you have to keep pushing that lie.

Reactions: JohnPaul

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would execute your own child for LYING politicians? I don't know how much more unmerciful anyone can be!

Well as lying politicians do not have anything to do with voting on a death penalty- your constant vomiting this statement out is as bogus as your arguments.

why don't you answer the bible quotes instead of just crying and whining and lying about others.

Reactions: JohnPaul

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians don't execute anyone. They give mercy, and thereby receive mercy from God.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians don't execute anyone. They give mercy, and thereby receive mercy from God.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Genesis states the principle from God that if a man sheds another man’s blood, his blood shall be shed by man.

Gen 9:5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

Gen 9:6Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

That’s called justice.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis states the principle from God that if a man sheds another man’s blood, his blood shall be shed by man.

Gen 9:5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

Gen 9:6Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

That’s called justice.
i support the death penalty in most cases its 20-25 years before the death penalty sentence is done. many get loop hole life in prison . in 1973 my cousin a bank president with his wife and oldest daughter was at there home. took and held captive for money . took out out tied to a tree shot and killed three me involved. 3 consecutive life sentences plus federal bank robbery charges. to this date only 1 remains behind bars 1 out on parole 1 passed. in a death sentence given i support a independent investigation to all the evidence . make sure its all legit yes there are district attorneys who has a way of being judge juror and executioner . this is why i say all evidence should be reexamined .if all facts hold true let them appeal state and federal . after that the death penalty

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Public hangings and firing squads for murder, rape, and child molestations.
Then the burden of proof is entirely on the state. No circumstantial evidence...witness driven.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here is qualified to cast the first stone? Nobody!

John 8:7-11 (NKJV)
7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." 8 And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?" 11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

Reactions: Ezra

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Public hangings and firing squads for murder, rape, and child molestations.
Then the burden of proof is entirely on the state. No circumstantial evidence...witness driven.
And the who State is a pack of liars who use thousands of hard earned taxpayer $$$ to prosecute many who can't even afford a lawyer. And yet some who actually call themselves Christian support the LYING lawyers, judges, prosecutors / politicians to kill us! Good luck on Judgment Day!

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
First iff I love my childrenre than you can possibly know. But just because I love them does not mean that if they committed a crime they should not have to pay for their crime. And seeing how I am not an executioner- I don't put them to death and I would never be allowed to sit on a jury that involves a defendant I am familiar with.

Ronald, you don't know what you would do, you just think you do.
I think @kcnalp is saying that we are not God and the justice system is not perfect and innocent persons have been put to death.
The problem as I see it is that the guilty do not remain in jail, thus what to do?

Reactions: Grailhunter

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the who State is a pack of liars who use thousands of hard earned taxpayer $$$ to prosecute many who can't even afford a lawyer. And yet some who actually call themselves Christian support the LYING lawyers, judges, prosecutors / politicians to kill us! Good luck on Judgment Day!
To kill us? Those who get the Death Penalty beyond a shadow of a doubt are worthy of being executed, you make it sound like they are going to go around killing everyone.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here is qualified to cast the first stone? Nobody!

John 8:7-11 (NKJV)
7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." 8 And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, "Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?" 11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."
If you kill someone without it being in self defense but outright murder or rape someone or molest a child, you are deserving of being put to Death. That casting the first stone has nothing to do with the killing of an innocent person, rape or pedophilia.

And please don't ask me about soldiers in war, wars are waged and the defending country has a right to fight back.

You sound like a bleeding heart liberal, so you'd be ok with someone killing, raping or molesting a child in your family, you'd throw your stone down and forgive them?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis puts forth a death penalty for murderers:

Genesis 9:5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

Notice that it says God will require this, in verse five.

God requires the death penalty for murder.

The ‘cast the first stone’ incident was about adultery, not murder.

Last edited: