Death penalty.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there should be a death penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not disagree. I made lots of decisions on my secular job over years which were legally binding on people... but never as to whether a person should live or die in the flesh. I would not want the responsibility for such a decision. Neither would I want to tempt God.

I would not be overjoyed myself, but we must obey the call as citizens of the Kingdom.

Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is innocent? Some certainly have been forgiven by God and some by men, but does that make them innocent of the crimes which they have committed against God and men?

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Rom 3:23
So you're preaching GUILTY until proven innocent! I hope God doesn't judge you the same way.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are lying about me again ! Show me one response of mine where I promote killing innocent people or sending anyone to hell. This is a lame defense of your because you know th ebible called for man killing man if that person killed one and God called government His instrument and that they carry the sword not in vain.

Stop lying about my words.

No human government has the power to send anyone to hell. Are you ar newly saved person withour biblical experience yet? This is new born christian tantrums you are throwing here.

But if a Christian murders someone in the first degree- and the nation has a death penalty for murder, I would not protest that Christian being put to death by the government. YOur rant of ki8lling innocent people is just a childish smokescreen.

Remember or if you haven't learned this yet- people go to the lake of fire because they reject Jesus, not because a wicked government enacts the death penalty for their crimes that deserve death.
You're against murdering innocent people and Christians? Make up your mind.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All court systems are corrupt because humans sit there! And they would be just as corrupt if you or I sat there as well. all humans are fallible, sinners and mortal. But that did not stop God from issuing the order to take a persons life if they took a life to NoAH NOR TO OBEY GOVERNMENTS (HE DID NOT SAY YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO OBEY CORRUPT GOVERNMENTS),.

If yo are so worried about people killing innocents then you should od the following:

Get rid of cell phones, thousands every year die from getting hit by a driver on a phone or run over because they were not paying attention.

Get rid of all alcohol, 40,000+ people did iin car crashes every year from drunk drivers.

Get rid of cars. Lots of innocents die from cars.

where are you going to draw the line on what you allow and disallow because innocents are killed in an activity?

Do you think America should not have gone off to war in WW 2? Aftger all many innocents were killed? Should we have just let Japan and Germany eventually invade our land and let them take over?
All who openly support killing people are murderers!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians don't execute anyone!

Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
What you trying to prove? That you would execute your child or spouse who is INNOCENT because lawyers, judges and prosecutors say so?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kcnalp
What is with the condemnations so freely given? For one so strongly against anyone who even suggests that mercy might not apply, how is that you are allowed to apply a condemnation without seeing people's hearts?

Do you then have all of the facts that God has about each one of us here? Is there no reasonable doubt?

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:2

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know they are innocent?? Our system is not perfect because men are in it, but God commanded men to take a mans life if they take anothers life!

If a Christian committed 1st degree murder and I was on the jury, I would vote for the death penalty. He is still a Christian but that is the biblical penalty for taking a mans life!

Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know they are innocent?? Our system is not perfect because men are in it, but God commanded men to take a mans life if they take anothers life!

If a Christian committed 1st degree murder and I was on the jury, I would vote for the death penalty. He is still a Christian but that is the biblical penalty for taking a mans life!
How do I know they are innocent? A Christian would be wondering how do YOU know they are guilty! Do you want mercy from God? Then give mercy! Your stance is UNMERCIFUL and judgmental! Don't murder innocent people! Don't murder Christians! Don't send people to Hellfire!

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kcnalp
What is with the condemnations so freely given? For one so strongly against anyone who even suggests that mercy might not apply, how is that you are allowed to apply a condemnation without seeing people's hearts?

Do you then have all of the facts that God has about each one of us here? Is there no reasonable doubt?

"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matt 7:2
So you're willing to murder innocent people! Got it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I know they are innocent? A Christian would be wondering how do YOU know they are guilty! Do you want mercy from God? Then give mercy! Your stance is UNMERCIFUL and judgmental! Don't murder innocent people! Don't murder Christians! Don't send people to Hellfire!

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

So by quoting the fact that god gave Noah a command to execute the death penalty on those who commit murder and that Paul says that governments are the servants of God and do not carry the sword in vain I am unmerciful? You need help.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm more merciful than He will be on Judgment Day to murderers who don't repent of murdering innocent people and Christians. See post #512.

YOu are speaking from emnotion and opinion and not from Scripture! You deny the word of god by your own emotions. Which is normal for all believers if they make their emotions their point of reference instead of the word of God!

Genesis 9:5-6
King James Version

5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.

6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Romans 13
King James Version

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Your job is to biblically, not emotionally, prove that these verses are not valid! Noahs command was for Noah, shem Ham and Japheth and their descendants, which is the whole human race! So even pagans were bound by this law when the Mosaic Law was given. This wasn't nullified!

6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Also for the NT prove Paul was condemning the death penalty issued by governmental authorities for real crimes! Remember Paul wrote this under the Inspiration of the Holy Spirit long after Jesus had mercy to the adulteress!

Last edited by a moderator:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW maybe we should rewrite Scripture and declare kcnalp teh god of all mercy then. Praise to kcnalp!!!!! NOT!
I suggest that you read the Scriptures we already have.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Murdering innocents, Christians and sending sinners to Hell is not being merciful.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest that you read the Scriptures we already have.

Matthew 5:7 (NKJV)
7 Blessed are the merciful, For they shall obtain mercy.

Murdering innocents, Christians and sending sinners to Hell is not being merciful.

And taking personal commands and forcing them on how God establishes human govt. is nonsense.

I hope you have no wife or children. I hope that they never get accosted by a de[raved person and they are brutaaly raped and violated. But if that terrible evil befalls them- yuou bettr turn the other cheek or you are not being merciful!

I will choose to promote the biblcal commands found in Gen. 9 and romans 13 that God ordained governments to take mens lives who took mens lives in murder! You can do your thing- but please don't blame god!

You have yet to refute these two verses biblically. You just keep vomiting emotional arguments which have no place ina biblical discussion.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I am on a jury and the evidence overwhelmingly shows a Christian in cold blood murdered someone- yes I will with poraise and sadness in my heart vote for teh execution of the murderer.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And taking personal commands and forcing them on how God establishes human govt. is nonsense.
You obviously know zero about how corrupt governments are!
I hope you have no wife or children. I hope that they never get accosted by a de[raved person and they are brutaaly raped and violated. But if that terrible evil befalls them- yuou bettr turn the other cheek or you are not being merciful!
Don't you pray like Jesus told us to?
Luke 11:4 (NKJV)
4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."

Doesn't God answer your prayers?
I will choose to promote the biblcal commands found in Gen. 9 and romans 13 that God ordained governments to take mens lives who took mens lives in murder! You can do your thing- but please don't blame god!
I didn't blame God for anything.
You have yet to refute these two verses biblically. You just keep vomiting emotional arguments which have no place ina biblical discussion.
You mean the verses you totally twist? You're looking for excuses to murder innocent people and Christians. I will never accept murdering people for corrupt Satanic governments.