Death Sucks = (

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Just thoughts that I was feeling in the moment...

Death Sucks = ( I mean look at Jesus... if death wasn't a bad thing He would have been like, "Don't trip Mary and Martha, it's all good, Lazarus is in a better place now" But that's not how He reacted... He got super sad and started crying... and that's even though He knew He was gonna go raise Him... I feel sometimes like we have lost touch with the reality that God hates death. He sees it as His enemy... and He wants it destroyed on earth by the Power of His Resurrection... who is His Son... who is His Word...

Note to self: Jesus is the Resurrection NOW!!! Stop waiting for something to happen and realize He already IS and have Faith that last enemy will be put under His feet on earth and if you believe... He can do it through you...

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
Just thoughts that I was feeling in the moment...

Death Sucks = ( I mean look at Jesus... if death wasn't a bad thing He would have been like, "Don't trip Mary and Martha, it's all good, Lazarus is in a better place now" But that's not how He reacted... He got super sad and started crying... and that's even though He knew He was gonna go raise Him... I feel sometimes like we have lost touch with the reality that God hates death. He sees it as His enemy... and He wants it destroyed on earth by the Power of His Resurrection... who is His Son... who is His Word...

Note to self: Jesus is the Resurrection NOW!!! Stop waiting for something to happen and realize He already IS and have Faith that last enemy will be put under His feet on earth and if you believe... He can do it through you...

My prayer is that both of you do a good deal more study on the matter of the Believer´s Death. Even when Lazarus, Mary and Martha´s brother, passed over it was not a bad thing for him. He would have been found in Abraham´s Buxom aka Paradise waiting for Jesus' immanent arrival to release him and all the other Old Testament Saints to go on to Heaven. Today when the Christ Follower dies the first death they are immediately in the presence of Jesus. My death, due to this silly disease, is imminent and still I´m excited to go Home!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... well you know... Jesus, me and Aspen just overreacting to death... and what was Paul thinking with all that stuff about death being God's enemy? I should just forget about that too... because someone's already made up in their mind that they're going to die... actually... no thanks... I'll just stick with understanding how God sees death by looking at it through the eyes of Jesus...

Death Sucks!!! It makes Jesus cry... it makes me cry... I wanna see it destroyed on earth... His will be done... His Kingdom come!!!

Reactions: aspen

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
My prayer is that both of you do a good deal more study on the matter of the Believer´s Death. Even when Lazarus, Mary and Martha´s brother, passed over it was not a bad thing for him. He would have been found in Abraham´s Buxom aka Paradise waiting for Jesus' immanent arrival to release him and all the other Old Testament Saints to go on to Heaven. Today when the Christ Follower dies the first death they are immediately in the presence of Jesus. My death, due to this silly disease, is imminent and still I´m excited to go Home!

Good points. I love life on earth...even the bad days...But I'm excited about that glorious pain free body that can finally see God face to face.

Yeah... well you know... Jesus, me and Aspen just overreacting to death... and what was Paul thinking with all that stuff about death being God's enemy? I should just forget about that too... because someone's already made up in their mind that they're going to die... actually... no thanks... I'll just stick with understanding how God sees death by looking at it through the eyes of Jesus...

Death Sucks!!! It makes Jesus cry... it makes me cry... I wanna see it destroyed on earth... His will be done... His Kingdom come!!!

Robbie, I'm not so certain it's a "overreaction" on the part of Jesus. It seems to me Jesus was indeed burdened but not so much at the thought of dying as from the weight of the sin of the world. I'm also not so sure death is a big deal to God. After all...It's sort of like the human version of metamorphosis. Just my 2 cents.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Death is God's enemy... He wants to put it under His feet... that is His will... He wants His will on earth as it is in heaven... it's simple...

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I know is death is frightening, even for people of faith, and it is not something I am looking forward to. Although, I am looking forward to Heaven.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I am called on to endure pain, so be it! I trust God.

Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Paul is looking forward to being with Christ, after dying, not the act of dying. I've seen death and it isn't pretty.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I have a different view of death. To some and even to myself, I seem cold and indifferent to death. When someone dies I feel almost a sense of relief. It's not that different that the feeling you get after completing a huge task. Usually when someone close dies, I'll have one good cry and it's over. I may have a different reaction, view, or emotion if one of my kids die.

The Bible says Jesus views the death of His saints as preacious (SP?). I always thought Jesus cried because he was sorry that everyone else was sad. We all know Jesus cries with us and feels our pain. I thought that scripture was pointing to that.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I have a different view of death. To some and even to myself, I seem cold and indifferent to death. When someone dies I feel almost a sense of relief. It's not that different that the feeling you get after completing a huge task. Usually when someone close dies, I'll have one good cry and it's over. I may have a different reaction, view, or emotion if one of my kids die.

The Bible says Jesus views the death of His saints as preacious (SP?). I always thought Jesus cried because he was sorry that everyone else was sad. We all know Jesus cries with us and feels our pain. I thought that scripture was pointing to that.

I pretty much react the same way. Although the grief hits me a little harder if the person that died is not a Christian.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
For me I see it different... I had a revelation awhile back that it's easy to see death as not that big of a deal when it doesn't really effect you. For instance my friend Renae was dying of cancer in the hospital and when they were saying she had died my friend started writing all this cliche garbage on her facebook page. "Oh some stars are meant to shine from above, and fly with your wings because you're free now, and you're in a better place now, blah blah blah" and all that kind of stuff.

It kind of made me angry because I saw it as so insensitive... I mean it's easy to have that kind of attitude about it when your heart hasn't just been ripped out of your chest. Well a month later his Mom died... and you know what no longer was there all these optimistic cliches coming out of his mouth... there was anger, and sorrow, and pain, and despair. And I thought to myself that the only reason why I don't feel that way about all death is because my heart is hard... and I'm not really putting myself in the place of that person's mother, or father, or sister and how they're feeling. So I guess I kind of see things closest to the way WhiteKnuckle saw Jesus... it's seeing the pain that death causes that makes me hate death and that wants to see it destroyed... and if my heart was as soft as Jesus heart is... I to would weep over all the death on this planet...

Perfect love hates things that torment His children... death brings torment... death is His enemy... Jesus Christ is the first fruit of destroying death... and because of what He did on the cross He has destroyed death for those who truly believe and they will eventually also walk with death under their feet... and the last will be the first to do this... I believe there are people today who are the last...

If you die and believe you live... but if you live and believe you'll never die... I am going to be one of the last who are the first all because of His power... all Glory to Him!!!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So have I, it part of everyone’s life. Sometimes it comes with pain sometimes not, sometime it brings relief from pain. If you want to live your life in fear of death go right ahead, I'm not.

We were not created to die - it is unnatural - the result of a curse. It is something everyone is forced to accept and for many it haunts them their whole lives. Your post sounds cavalier to me.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
For me I see it different... I had a revelation awhile back that it's easy to see death as not that big of a deal when it doesn't really effect you. For instance my friend Renae was dying of cancer in the hospital and when they were saying she had died my friend started writing all this cliche garbage on her facebook page. "Oh some stars are meant to shine from above, and fly with your wings because you're free now, and you're in a better place now, blah blah blah" and all that kind of stuff.

Most people say those things because they really don't know what else to say. They are not trying to be "cliche". They're trying to extend some type of compassion for those that are grieving.

It kind of made me angry because I saw it as so insensitive... I mean it's easy to have that kind of attitude about it when your heart hasn't just been ripped out of your chest. Well a month later his Mom died... and you know what no longer was there all these optimistic cliches coming out of his mouth... there was anger, and sorrow, and pain, and despair. And I thought to myself that the only reason why I don't feel that way about all death is because my heart is hard... and I'm not really putting myself in the place of that person's mother, or father, or sister and how they're feeling. So I guess I kind of see things closest to the way WhiteKnuckle saw Jesus... it's seeing the pain that death causes that makes me hate death and that wants to see it destroyed... and if my heart was as soft as Jesus heart is... I to would weep over all the death on this planet...

I don't see it as being "insensitive". To the contrary...See above statement. What would you like to hear from others in your time of loss and grief?

Earlier, my comments were based on the thread topic "death", not the heartache, pain and emptiness that is felt by the survivors.

Perfect love hates things that torment His children... death brings torment... death is His enemy... Jesus Christ is the first fruit of destroying death... and because of what He did on the cross He has destroyed death for those who truly believe and they will eventually also walk with death under their feet... and the last will be the first to do this... I believe there are people today who are the last...

If you die and believe you live... but if you live and believe you'll never die... I am going to be one of the last who are the first all because of His power... all Glory to Him!!!

I don't understand what you're saying here.