Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps God uses such people to contrast Jesus with the obsolete first covenant.
Part of "what God uses for good".
The Mosaic Covenant was never made obsolete. Do you think taking God's name in vain, worshiping idols, adultery, fornication, & murder for eg is acceptable to Jesus?

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for you! I am well familiar with scripture than has changed my mind on both those issues!
It's not scripture that changed your mind, it's your mind that has changed scripture. Your application shows a misuse & abuse of scriptures. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is referring to keeping the Law of Moses. While Christians do, in general, they typically exceed the demands of the Law. The only point of the Law which Jesus did not affirm for His followers was Sabbath observance. That is for the Jews to observe--it is part of what makes them a group which is special to God.

Reactions: tzcho2

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, they were guided in it by the Holy Spirit and He does not disagree with Himself. If a teaching from anyone disagrees with the clear teaching of Scripture, then it is a false teaching.

Thank you! So what is your complaint about quoting out of context, when the NT is the model for quoting out of context?

Reactions: Helen

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not scripture that changed your mind, it's your mind that has changed scripture. Your application shows a misuse & abuse of scriptures. ;)
I know a bit more of my history than you do. :eek::rolleyes:o_O:confused:;)

But with some work, I can point you to my posts over the last decade
showing the changes.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That passage is about those who were insisting that Christians must obey the 613 laws of Judaism. Christians live by walking in the Spirit, not by keeping the Law which you have conveniently skipped over. But, ALL who are not under the Blood of Christ, WILL be judged by the Law at the Final Judgment.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you! So what is your complaint about quoting out of context, when the NT is the model for quoting out of context?

Because those who quote out of context often do so in an attempt to persuade that Scripture says something it does not say, which I have pointed to in your quotes of Scripture that are outside of the context.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lady Crosstalk is referring to your claims that God has changed His mind about fornication, sexual morality and sodomy etc... Those that claim God's teachings have changed by using the NT to discount other scriptures is a mishandling of scripture, as the Holy Spirit doesn't contradict Himself & say oh btw, I changed my mind.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know a bit more of my history than you do. :eek::rolleyes:o_O:confused:;)

But with some work, I can point you to my posts over the last decade
showing the changes.
No need . I've seen enough of your activity on christian topics and it's antithetical to God's Word. Back to the topic of the thread.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lady Crosstalk is referring to your claims that God has changed His mind about fornication, sexual morality and sodomy etc... Those that claim God's teachings have changed by using the NT to discount other scriptures is a mishandling of scripture, as the Holy Spirit doesn't contradict Himself & say oh btw, I changed my mind.

My church has stopped it's practice of stoning adulterous couples to death when discovered.
I grant you the religious liberty to keep up the practice for your blood relations.

What Does the Bible Say About Stoning?

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage is about those who were insisting that Christians must obey the 613 laws of Judaism. Christians live by walking in the Spirit, not by keeping the Law which you have conveniently skipped over. But, ALL who are not under the Blood of Christ, WILL be judged by the Law at the Final Judgment.

Judged by the law Jesus fulfilled with his new covenant of Grace and forgiveness, you mean.

What Does the Bible Say About New Covenant?

Keeping local law like Jesus submitted to at His trial?
1 Peter 2
Titus 3:1
1 Timothy 2
Psalms 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21
Romans 13:7
1 Timothy 2
Deuteronomy 16
Revelation 1:5
Romans 13:4
Proverbs 21:1
John 19:11
Mark 3:24
Proverbs 29:2
Proverbs 8:15
Psalms 94:20
Deuteronomy 28
Daniel 2:21
John 19
Colossians 1

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My church has stopped it's practice of stoning adulterous couples to death when discovered.
I grant you the religious liberty to keep up the practice for your blood relations.
You must be really , really old..... since that is pre-Christian.
I've never attended a church that ever in it's history stoned people. ;)

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because those who quote out of context often do so in an attempt to persuade that Scripture says something it does not say, which I have pointed to in your quotes of Scripture that are outside of the context.

I encourage you to read them in context at all times.
The context helps my case in every instance.

Last edited:

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be really , really old..... since that is pre-Christian.
I've never attended a church that ever in it's history stoned people. ;)
So.......what changed then? I'm confused.

• Murder[13]
  • Adultery[13]
  • Bestiality[14]
  • Rape of a betrothed virgin[15]
  • Male-male sexual intercourse[16]
  • One man picked up sticks on the Sabbath, he was taken into custody because a punishment was not known. The LORD told Moses that the man in custody must be killed. This particular crime and punishment is isolated case law.(Numbers 15:32–36)
  • The man and woman when a man meets a betrothed woman in town and sleeps with her. But if it is a case of rape where out in the country she called for help and no one heard, the death penalty only applies to the man[17]
  • A woman who is found not to have been a virgin on the night of her wedding[18]
  • Worshiping other gods[19][20]
  • Witchcraft[21]
  • Taking the LORD's name in vain or cursing his name[22]
  • Cursing a parent[23][24][25]
  • Kidnapping[26]
  • Rebellion against parents[27]
  • Having a spirit of divination[28]

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So.......what changed then? I'm confused.

• Murder[13]
  • Adultery[13]
  • Bestiality[14]
  • Rape of a betrothed virgin[15]
  • Male-male sexual intercourse[16]
  • One man picked up sticks on the Sabbath, he was taken into custody because a punishment was not known. The LORD told Moses that the man in custody must be killed. This particular crime and punishment is isolated case law.(Numbers 15:32–36)
  • The man and woman when a man meets a betrothed woman in town and sleeps with her. But if it is a case of rape where out in the country she called for help and no one heard, the death penalty only applies to the man[17]
  • A woman who is found not to have been a virgin on the night of her wedding[18]
  • Worshiping other gods[19][20]
  • Witchcraft[21]
  • Taking the LORD's name in vain or cursing his name[22]
  • Cursing a parent[23][24][25]
  • Kidnapping[26]
  • Rebellion against parents[27]
  • Having a spirit of divination[28]
Mosaic law to the church age.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What Does the Bible Say About Stoning?

I don't see too many Christians walking about that even did what Jesus said about plucking out the eye and chopping off the hand...I never met one yet.

Yet the Love commands Jesus left us covers all the old Law and the added laws...
Yet strangely I don't hear many contending on here , that those commands must be kept... o_O

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Mosaic Covenant was never made obsolete. Do you think taking God's name in vain, worshiping idols, adultery, fornication, & murder for eg is acceptable to Jesus?

Jesus fulfilled all the laws himself.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.
And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

2 Corinthians 3:3
It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry,
written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God,
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.