Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused. I agree with that. :)
It has been your claim that God has changed His views.

I don't see too many Christians walking about that even did what Jesus said about plucking out the eye and chopping off the hand...I never met one yet.

Yet the Love commands Jesus left us covers all the old Law and the added laws...
Yet strangely I don't hear many contending on here , that those commands must be kept... o_O

Then you see my confusion.

This must have something to do with government changing:

Proverbs 21:1
The king's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My church has stopped it's practice of stoning adulterous couples to death when discovered.
I grant you the religious liberty to keep up the practice for your blood relations.

What Does the Bible Say About Stoning?

The New Testament does NOT affirm the stoning of adulterers or other sexual sinners--it was NOT done within churches. An adulterer would have been simply put out of the church, if they did not turn from their wickedness--the church had no legal authority to do such a thing as stoning. But, ancient Israel combined both temporal and religious authority. Stoning was done in ancient Israel as a way of purifying them of heathenish practices. Adultery and fornication was nearly universal among the pagans and heathen surrounding them.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyWriting

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see too many Christians walking about that even did what Jesus said about plucking out the eye and chopping off the hand...I never met one yet.

Yet the Love commands Jesus left us covers all the old Law and the added laws...
Yet strangely I don't hear many contending on here , that those commands must be kept... o_O
Matthew 5:27-30 New International Version (NIV)
Adultery
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’a]">[a] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Not a commandment. An explanation that it would be better to lose the offending part than continue with the sin.

What love commands?

Out of love and justice (an essential element), not a law.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus fulfilled all the laws himself.

Hebrews 8:13
In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete.
And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

2 Corinthians 3:3
It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry,
written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God,
not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
You are misapplying the scripture to say what it did not intend.
So, you think Murder , adultery , fornication, and idolatry , taking God's name in vain is acceptable by God now?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Judged by the law Jesus fulfilled with his new covenant of Grace and forgiveness, you mean.
He only fulfilled it for those who are His. Only those who have been washed clean of their sin, by His Blood, are saved from the due penalty of their violations of the Law.

Reactions: SkyWriting

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I read a very interesting book recently which explained that all foetuses are female until around six to eight weeks. At that age the hormones begin to kick in and gender is established. If the levels of testosterone released at that time are unusually low the article explains that by puberty the boy will be more likely to have homosexual tendencies and the same with girls who receive a low dose of female hormones and have more of a tendency to lesbianism in later years.

This has made me look at the whole subject of homosexuality in a new light. A friend used to say that God made him that way and I now wonder if that could be true.

But I also believe that just as heterosexual couples should not be promiscuous then neither should gay people. I don't agree with same sex marriage and believe that as Christians we are meant to abstain from sexual relationships unless we are married.

But not everyone is a Christian and how they live their lives is heir choice. It is only when a person has given their life to God through Jesus that the church ought to be having any say in how they live.

That is probably quite a simplistic account of my beliefs but it isn't always easy to get one's point across in writing.

Reactions: Helen

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are misapplying the scripture to say what it did not intend.
So, you think Murder , adultery , fornication, and idolatry , taking God's name in vain is acceptable by God now?

Like when eve sinned first, so no woman can speak in church or be a leader.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All who have ever been saved have been saved by the grace of God. NO ONE qualifies on their own.
Paul was. He had no faith. No repentance.
Jesus just appeared to him and told him to change his ways......just like it worked for all of us?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He only fulfilled it for those who are His. Only those who have been washed clean of their sin, by His Blood, are saved from the due penalty of their violations of the Law.
So true.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I read a very interesting book recently which explained that all foetuses are female until around six to eight weeks. At that age the hormones begin to kick in and gender is established. If the levels of testosterone released at that time are unusually low the article explains that by puberty the boy will be more likely to have homosexual tendencies and the same with girls who receive a low dose of female hormones and have more of a tendency to lesbianism in later years.

This has made me look at the whole subject of homosexuality in a new light. A friend used to say that God made him that way and I now wonder if that could be true.
Just because someone has more of a susceptibility to a specific sin does not give them license to go ahead and commit the sin. Some people have a genetic predisposition to alcoholism but that does not entitle them to become alcoholics.

But I also believe that just as heterosexual couples should not be promiscuous then neither should gay people. I don't agree with same sex marriage and believe that as Christians we are meant to abstain from sexual relationships unless we are married.
God has already told us what is acceptable sexual expression. It is one man, one woman in marriage, for life. He has forbidden all other sexual expression. Doesn't mean that the standard was not violated (look at what King David did--incurring God's wrath) --but nevertheless, that is the standard.

But not everyone is a Christian and how they live their lives is heir choice. It is only when a person has given their life to God through Jesus that the church ought to be having any say in how they live.
True. But, we as the Church, have a responsibility to inform our culture as to what is right and what is wrong by God's standard of righteousness.

Reactions: tzcho2

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we are not to associate with one in the Church who is such a person, why would we be willing to accept one into our midst as a brother who is such a person and has absolutely no intention of repenting of such a lifestyle? Before becoming a Christian, one must be willing to repent and leave the old man of sin behind. If not, then there is no conversion, only the pretense of conversion.
but we have to get them through the front doors i was lost no good foul mouthed told dirty jokes smoked pot drank some beer..they accepted me just as i was in the church. a sign read fishers of men e catch em God cleans them

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Paul was. He had no faith. No repentance.
Jesus just appeared to him and told him to change his ways......just like it worked for all of us?

What??!! I think you need to read the NT over again. Your version of it does NOT comport to the understanding of millions upon millions of Christians. Paul expressed plenty of faith and repentance. You are mistaken because you do not know or understand the Scriptures.

Reactions: tzcho2

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Pearl One day we will have all the answers. :)

I feel it is easy for us to judge others , not only on the subject of Homosexuality but other things too, ....... but we perfect, holy, loving, overcoming, giving, righteous Christians who have not had to walk in their shoes or live through their life, find it so easy to condemn others.

I'll leave that to the Lord on that Day. ✟

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but we have to get them through the front doors i was lost no good foul mouthed told dirty jokes smoked pot drank some beer..they accepted me just as i was in the church. a sign read fishers of men e catch em God cleans them

And so He does--but often, new believers behave that way out of ignorance and our job as the Church is to educate them as to God's way. If they then flagrantly disregard God's way, we are told to put them out of the churches. (See 1 Corinthians chapter 5)

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Pearl One day we will have all the answers. :)

I feel it is easy for us to judge others , not only on the subject of Homosexuality but other things too, ....... but we perfect, holy, loving, overcoming, giving, righteous Christians who have not had to walk in their shoes or live through their life, find it so easy to condemn others.

I'll leave that to the Lord on that Day. ✟

Are you denying that we are told, in Scripture, to judge sin in the church? If we don't judge it, we are enabling it. We are especially to judge the conduct of leaders in the Church. I don't know if you are following the horrible debacle of mega church pastor, James MacDonald but it is an example of what happens when a church does not judge sin in their leaders.

Reactions: oldhermit