Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With the exponential rise of defenders of homosexuality in the world, I cannot help but wonder how it is that many who claim to be of the Christian community can defend this lifestyle so fervently. I suppose I will never be able to understand why anyone who claims to be a Christian can feel comfortable defending that which God has condemned.

Part of the falling away in the last days and a means of sorting the sheep from the goats.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With the exponential rise of defenders of homosexuality in the world, I cannot help but wonder how it is that many who claim to be of the Christian community can defend this lifestyle so fervently. I suppose I will never be able to understand why anyone who claims to be a Christian can feel comfortable defending that which God has condemned.
Dysfunction is dysfunction, popular or not. When folk call dysfunction function it's indicative of not having an understanding of what constitutes sin. When tares claim to be wheat the door is open for any sin and is justified at that!

Reactions: marksman

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

What do we do when we're about to sin? Sometimes we resist temptation, but sometimes we don't. In order to knowingly sin we must come up with some justification or rational to commit the sin in the first place. It makes no difference what the sin is. There is no effective difference between a defense and a justification or rational for sinning. Jesus says this is an abomination Luke 16:15.

So it really doesn't matter that homosexuals defend or justify their sin. We do it just as much, if not more. There is no reason to assume that they're any farther away from God's grace than we are.

The takeaway from this is found in Paul's letter to the Romans where he points out that for us to point out the sins of others is to spotlight that God is blasphemed through us. Romans 2:24.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are allowed to recognize personal sin in others in order to throw a spotlight on our own personal sin and to increase our compassion for our neighbors.

Last edited:

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness.

Reactions: Ezra

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do we do when we're about to sin? Sometimes we resist temptation, but sometimes we don't. In order to knowingly sin we must come up with some justification or rational to commit the sin in the first place. It makes no difference what the sin is. There is no effective difference between a defense and a justification or rational for sinning. Jesus says this is an abomination Luke 16:15.

So it really doesn't matter that homosexuals defend or justify their sin. We do it just as much, if not more. There is no reason to assume that they're any farther away from God's grace than we are.

The takeaway from this is found in Paul's letter to the Romans where he points out that for us to point out the sins of others is to spotlight that God is blasphemed through us. Romans 2:24.
You surprise me sometimes.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know, no one has to suffer through and identify crisis. We all have one that can identify with us all.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suffering through it is part of the process of growing out of useless identities. The only identity that matters is Christ's. When we see Christ, our identity is immediately discarded.

Amen brother...on the nose!

Reactions: Pearl

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Really? Since when did you become a Christian and choose to use the word 'us'?

And, you don't know what you are talking about in your perverted use of (Rom. 2:24). The whole of Chapter 2 of Romans is not written to the Christian. The part you paraphrased and butchered is written to the zealous keepers of the Law, the Jews, who do not believe.

Stranger

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can a person take full responsibility for their action when the sin nature is the rulership from within ?
When people believe no one can live above all sin, then which one is OK to do ? do we get to choose ?
So how far can a person go to condemn another person for the sinful flesh, if they have sinful flesh also ?

If you believe you are born with a sin nature.
Then maybe that is how some can justify Homosexuality as equal to any other sin.

Well think about this, The True God gave the Law Covenant and in that covenant, which had more than 10 commands it was stated that anyone caught in adultery should be put to death, both the man and the woman. These people were born with the sinful nature yet the law covenant was clear of those guilty of adultery. It said also that people of the same sex who laid with one another as a man laid with a women that those who were guilty of this were to be put to death and these people were also born with the sinful nature. So just as Christians shouldn't condone those who practice adultery and welcome such people as fine upstanding Christians, neither should they welcome people who practice homosexuality as fine upstanding Christians. If those who practice homosexuality get upset with me for saying such things that are true, so what, those who practice adultery do the same thing. You honestly think I'm going to say that adultery is fine and upstanding for a Christian to do just because such people will get upset with me. There's a difference between persecuting someone and disagreeing what someone is doing when what that person or persons are doing is spoken against in the scriptures. You don't water down the scriptures because someone doesn't like what the scriptures say. Also remember this, just because we don't live by the law covenant today doesn't mean God has changed. What he says is wrong yesterday or in centuries past is wrong today. So God still says it's wrong to steal, bear false witness, lie, commit adultery, etc it's still wrong today.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit that I get kind of exasperated at listening to some of you "Holier Than Thou" Self-Righteous people who I feel are lying through your teeth, possibly thinking that will make God less able to see you for who and what you are.

I hate (absolutely do despise) the organized Homosexual agenda, as a whole. And, I have been fortunate not to have any queers in my family. BUT, I can tell you, 100%, that I would not turn my back on a beloved family member (my baby sister, for instance) who came out of the closet, just because of that admission.

Some of you say, "Well, neither would I... as long as they immediately denied any feelings, and never again looked at someone of the same sex.

Well, life doesn't work that way. And it may take years — decades — of struggling with them through their battle. (I said "struggling WITH" them not AGAINST them) And, you know what, they may go to their deathbed, never having beaten that demon.

I feel so sad for, not you people who so rigidly resist any compassion for these people—even your own family members—who have this particular monkey on their backs, but for those you say you would ostracize. We really should be able to muster some of that kind of concern for even the most painted-up flaming faggot wearing diapers on a Gay Pride float.

My own brother has been in prison five times for drugs. He can't seem to quit. But, as much as it hurts, I will be holding his hand till the end. (And I am pretty sure you already know I do not just accept the crap he does... and he knows it all too well.) I believe I can say the same about any homosexuals who may also need the same kind of support and help from me.

The True God stated that such people who were practicing sexual immorality which includes homosexuality, were to be put to death when he was dealing with the nation of Israel. Now we don't live by the law covenant today but that doesn't mean that the way he views such sins has changed, he still views such sins as very grave sins. I agree that no one including those who practice homosexuality should be persecuted, but just as those who practice adultery shouldn't be treated as fine upstanding Christians neither should those who practice homosexuality. God has made a way in the True Church to help such people, but you don't help such people by watering down the scriptures influencing such people that it's a fine christian thing to practice homosexuality. Now if my brother were to come out and say he's a homosexual and he were living in my house I wouldn't make him leave, but he also wouldn't be having sex in my house either, he also wouldn't be allowed to have his partner or whatever they call them over at my home either. If he wants to have sex or spend time with his partner he can do it elsewhere. I wouldn't have alcohol in my home or allow my brother to drink in my home if he were a drunkard. I wouldn't be showing true love for my brother by allowing him to drink in my home. Same if I allowed my brother to have his sexual partner over to my home or have sex in my home, that wouldn't be showing true love for my brother.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haven't seem you for a while!

This is one subject that I will not even pretend that I can give an answer to. I have gone in circles on it.

I do not understand it. I know three such "Christians" who have come out in that life style. One now 58 that I myself lead to the Lord at age 14.
Beautiful , gentle Christian boy. Always in our house..even dropped by our kitchen with his brother on the way to school ..( same age as my own daughters..) He 'came out' about a decade ago...but had 'been in it for a decade before that. :(

I find it gut wrenching and confusing...
I don't understand how Sodomite and Christian came be in the same sentence. I don't "understand" the none Christians...but the ones ( I know three, ) who still attend meetings and go by "Christian" I shake my head...and yes, they all have partners , two are actually married.

I think it is a ponderable that has no answer.

And no Reggie B, we are not still in the Old Covenant...lets talk, if we are talking, of and in, the New Covenant . I believe some are already "in" hell.

Nothing unusual in what you have said. The homosexual mafia admitted that its biggest opponent was the church so it had to infiltrate it to change its opinion and theology. It latched onto and used one of its biggest weapons and that is language. If you spoke out against homosexuality you were bigoted and hateful so that silenced a lot of Christians. If you didn't love the homosexual Christian then you were not a Christian because God is love.

Then it picked up on the judgment thing. Jesus didn't judge anyone so you should not judge us.

And then the old chestnut of Jesus did not say anything about homosexuality.

As they trotted out one thing after another, they were trotting out lie after lie as Satan is the father of lies and what homosexual said were lies and if you say a lie enough times it becomes the truth. That is where we are at right now. Both the church and the world believing lies about homosexuality.

A few examples.....

You are born homosexual.

If you don't love homosexuals you are not a Christian.

Telling the truth about homosexuality is hate.

You are homophobic if you don't agree with the lies of the homosexual mafia.

Homosexuals are gay.

Homosexuals who are Christian have nothing to repent of.

Homosexuality is not a sin. It is a natural way of life.

Homosexuals make as good as if not better parents than biological parents.

10% of the population is gay.

Love is all that is needed for same-sex marriage.

I could give you many more but that is the crux of the lies they spread. The only way to deal with the lies is to spread the truth and not be ashamed of it. I have noticed that when they attack you on Christian sites like this, if you stick to the truth it wears them down and they give up.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nothing unusual in what you have said. The homosexual mafia admitted that its biggest opponent was the church so it had to infiltrate it to change its opinion and theology. It latched onto and used one of its biggest weapons and that is language. If you spoke out against homosexuality you were bigoted and hateful so that silenced a lot of Christians. If you didn't love the homosexual Christian then you were not a Christian because God is love.

Then it picked up on the judgment thing. Jesus didn't judge anyone so you should not judge us.

And then the old chestnut of Jesus did not say anything about homosexuality.

As they trotted out one thing after another, they were trotting out lie after lie as Satan is the father of lies and what homosexual said were lies and if you say a lie enough times it becomes the truth. That is where we are at right now. Both the church and the world believing lies about homosexuality.

A few examples.....

You are born homosexual.

If you don't love homosexuals you are not a Christian.

Telling the truth about homosexuality is hate.

You are homophobic if you don't agree with the lies of the homosexual mafia.

Homosexuals are gay.

Homosexuals who are Christian have nothing to repent of.

Homosexuality is not a sin. It is a natural way of life.

Homosexuals make as good as if not better parents than biological parents.

10% of the population is gay.

Love is all that is needed for same-sex marriage.

I could give you many more but that is the crux of the lies they spread. The only way to deal with the lies is to spread the truth and not be ashamed of it. I have noticed that when they attack you on Christian sites like this, if you stick to the truth it wears them down and they give up.
andso since you have judged them as guilty, you to by your own judgment are found guilty as you havejudged thme by your flesh

Reactions: Nancy

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some local churches will compromise with social values. It may be from Democratic influence like they are that way by genetics or born that way or just wanting to be sympathetic to someone that "believes in Him" but cannot stop sinning. Even a Presbytery can compromise much to the disagreement of the local churches under its charge.

It may be a compromise just to get members in their church. If a church looks the other way of members living in uncleanness, fornication, and adultery, what is one more unrepentant sinful lifestyle?

Their reasoning can consists of "no sin is greater than any other sin" as if a believer committing everyday sin is God giving grace for unrepentant homosexuality. Not.

They may even say God is love & He accepts all sinners as they are, when in actuality He invites all sinners to come to Him to save them from their sins.

That will be one of the reasons why God will judge His House first when He comes as the Bridegroom. Those found not abiding in Him will be denied by Him because they are workers of iniquity. Any iniquity is a work that denies Him for why they are being denied by the Bridegroom and thus disqualified to participate in the firstfruits of the resurrection and saved but unrepentant believer can be left behind to be resurrected later on after the great tribulation. If you are wondering where I get that from, here are some scripture below testifying to that truth.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some local churches will compromise with social values. It may be from Democratic influence like they are that way by genetics or born that way or just wanting to be sympathetic to someone that "believes in Him" but cannot stop sinning. Even a Presbytery can compromise much to the disagreement of the local churches under its charge.

It may be a compromise just to get members in their church. If a church looks the other way of members living in uncleanness, fornication, and adultery, what is one more unrepentant sinful lifestyle?

Their reasoning can consists of "no sin is greater than any other sin" as if a believer committing everyday sin is God giving grace for unrepentant homosexuality. Not.

They may even say God is love & He accepts all sinners as they are, when in actuality He invites all sinners to come to Him to save them from their sins.

That will be one of the reasons why God will judge His House first when He comes as the Bridegroom. Those found not abiding in Him will be denied by Him because they are workers of iniquity. Any iniquity is a work that denies Him for why they are being denied by the Bridegroom and thus disqualified to participate in the firstfruits of the resurrection and saved but unrepentant believer can be left behind to be resurrected later on after the great tribulation. If you are wondering where I get that from, here are some scripture below testifying to that truth.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. 12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

Luke 12:40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. 41 Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all? 42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath. 45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken; 46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers. 47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
So many christians throwing stones, so nice to be born "perfect".

Reactions: Nancy and Willie T

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nothing wrong with speaking out against all forms of sexual immorality. The scriptures tell us that those who practice all forms of sexual immorality which includes homosexuality will not inherit the kingdom of God. Since the scriptures say that and the scriptures are inspired by God, then God is telling us that among those that will not inherit his kingdom are those who practice all forms of sexual immorality, which, as I said, includes homosexuality. Those who disagree with that show they don't agree with God but instead agree with Satan. People have two choices, agree with God or agree with Satan. There is no other choice.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Christians keep rationalizing sin out of sympathy for the sinner, are they really doing them any favors when they need the Lord?

I believe the infirmity in the flesh, that sinful nature, tends to make any believer a Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde personality. When confronted with that, the believer may think that he or she may not really want to stop sinning. One can resort to their own power in doing the best they can and yet still find that desire or that lust to sin as if their own flesh is betraying them and/or believe their spirit is not really into repenting.

The mistake is looking to oneself to repent. Some evangelicals place repenting from all sins as a stepping stone towards receiving Christ Jesus and most sinners walk away, because they can't do it when in reality, the call to repent is by repenting from unbelief by believing in Him in receiving the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost is how Jesus saves "unbelievers". Then having Jesus Christ in them is how they have power to live a life of repentance in following Jesus because it is by believing Him to be also our Good Shepherd is how we receive His help in laying aside every weight & sin so we can follow Him.

One woman I used to work with said she felt she had to clean up her life first before coming to Jesus. I told her otherwise. I did not think she believed what I had said and I think she had talked to someone else before announcing a short while later that I was right, and she seem quite joyful about it.

Anyway, the point is that Jesus came to save sinners from their sins; from their bondage to sin and to death. That also includes their desire to sin where they acknowledge that they don't want to repent from sin even though they know they should, but they don't care.

That is why calling on Jesus Christ to save them from themselves is key, acknowledging this as to why He came; to save sinners from their sins and their desire ( bondage ) to sin.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. 16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 4:1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia