Defending Homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
dude you are pretty close to be carnal minded i have read your post and it is pretty darn close to liberalism. if anything you posted your self not Bible . you dont agree with paul writings. to be honest it would be best back off and not even reply . i can deal with different beliefs but yours i cant
Most people cannot. You have lots of company.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the ones i know sure dont line up with your thoughts

Reading literally, I've changed dramatically to the far left.
The Bible supports my claim that the disciples of Jesus did not agree with Him.
I certainly don't expect people outside the direct contact with Jesus to.

How many times did Jesus say "How many times must I say....." (a number of things.)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person believes that a person (a male) has the rights to marry another male then that person is correct. They do have that right and to express that belief
they have that right due to living in the usa . God did not place that thought in them the god of this world has blinded them .if not careful God will turn them over to a reprobate mind . for years many tried to change me .begging me to get saved

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I too have a younger brother...a wonderful preacher.
My children when young didn't talk long to see how ungracious, unkind, unloving etc that he was...I had to tell them "Listen to his words , under the anointing he speaks life...but do not think his pattern of life and actions are of God."

Sadly...40 years later , they do not respect or care to be around their uncle.

I would not wish to be in his shoes when the roll is called up yonder.
He has hurt so many of God's people.

Saved yes, but the "well done thou good and faithful servant"...I doubt very much. Yet, God, not I , sees the heart of him...

I'm not God :D

Above all, love and graciousness should mark a true disciple of Christ. Our faith is not an intellectual exercise.

Reactions: SkyWriting

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter seemed to have a much different attitude toward the writings of Paul. "...and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen." 2 Peter 3:15-16. Or do also regard Peter's opinion of no value as well?

You are the worse kind of hypocrite. You teach that others should not condemn that which God has already condemned - homosexuality, and then you condemn that which God has sanctified - the scriptures. I think you and I are done here, I am not going to waste any more time with you. Αυτό είναι το τέλος της συνομιλίας ἡμῶν.

"Homosexuality" is a newly created word. It does not match well the intent of the scriptures
against fornacation and promiscuity. I understand your idea that I am attacking your pet peeves
and that is scary to think you might be mistaken.

You have a lot invested in your emotional repulsion of gays, and to investigate your cherished
hatred will take a lot of time.

Very likely you have some gay family members that you have shunned that
can help you see the intent of scripture more clearly.

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While it's true the Christian disagrees with the sexually immoral life style the Christian doesn't hate the person. The Christian also doesn't get involved in trying to stop gay people from marrying, trying to force their beliefs upon them. God doesn't force people to have faith in him or believe in him. God doesn't force people to not be gay and he doesn't force them to not practice all the actions concerning the gay life. We as Christian's should be following his example by not agreeing with the homosexual life style, speaking the truth that those who practice sexual immorality of any kind will not be in his kingdom but also not trying to force people to live the way of our belief. If a person believes that a person (a male) has the rights to marry another male then that person is correct. They do have that right and to express that belief.

That sound pretty sketchy as I doubt many people know the lifestyle of anyone that intimately.
If they do know, then they must be one of the partners.
My wife has been friends with a gay couple over 25 years.
I could not tell you even one detail of their sex life.
Not even a close embrace. Who really knows the details of where somebody's body parts visit?
Except yourself and your partner.

Reactions: Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only if the quotes are misrepresented. Quoting scripture out of context is a time honored tradition founded by all the new Testament writers. Every single writer, every single book.

But, they were guided in it by the Holy Spirit and He does not disagree with Himself. If a teaching from anyone disagrees with the clear teaching of Scripture, then it is a false teaching.

Reactions: tzcho2

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is clearly a teaching about hypocrisy. It is not a prohibition against judging those who claim to be believers, by their behavior. Jesus told us in John 7:24---> "Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly."

LOL ...the first sign of distortion is to paraphrase scripture before providing it.

21 Jesus answered them, “I did one miracle, and you are all astonished. 22 But because Moses gave you circumcision, you circumcise a boy on the Sabbath (not that it is from Moses, but from the patriarchs.) 23 If a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses will not be broken, why are you angry with Me for making the whole man well on the Sabbath? 24 Stop judging by outward appearances, and start judging justly.”

Judging Justly means "Stop being legalistic with scripture" in this context.
Or how about "Stop Judging God Himself". That works.

You find few humans "judging justly."

1 Peter 2:23 but committed himself to God who judges justly. ... was
not threatening, and was committing himself to Him who is judging righteously .

Jeremiah 11:20 But, O Lord of armies, judging in righteousness, testing the thoughts and the heart

But thou, O Lord of Sabaoth, who judgest justly, and triest the reins and ...

Deuteronomy 10:18 He defends the cause of the fatherless and the orphan and widow, and who loves resident foreigners, giving them ... Judging uprightly in the cause of the widow and of the child who has no

Psalm 58:11 Then people will say, "Surely the righteous still are ...
.. for those who live for God; surely there is a God who judges justly here on ...

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are in agreement with 99% of sermons. But I am not reading it backwards as you are claiming.
I have added your requested modifications to scripture below.

Romans 13
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. (Unless it contrasts with scripture!)

1 Peter 2
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, (Unless it contrasts with scripture?) whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Titus 3
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,...(Unless it contrasts with scripture?)

1 Timothy 2
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior,
(Unless it contrasts with scripture?)

Psalm 22:28
For kingship belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations.
(Unless he contrasts with scripture?)

Romans 13Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.
(Unless it contrasts with scripture?)

Daniel 2:20-21
Daniel answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;
(Unless they contrast with scripture?)

Proverbs 21
The king's heart is a stream of water (Unless it contrasts with scripture?) in the hand of the Lord; he turns it wherever he will.

Romans 13
For he is God's servant for your good. (Unless he contrasts with scripture?) But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Deuteronomy 16
“You shall appoint judges and officers in all your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, according to your tribes, and they shall judge the people with righteous judgment (Unless they contrast with scripture?). You shall not pervert justice. You shall not show partiality, and you shall not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and subverts the cause of the righteous. Justice, and only justice, you shall follow, that you may live and inherit the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

You forget that Peter and the Apostles said, in Acts 5:29 "We must obey God rather than any human authority." God has long said in His word what human behavior is not acceptable to Him. It is not my job to reprove an individual outside of the church--but, I can call sin, for what it is, in general. Inside the church, it IS my job to reprove sin in an individual--but it should be done in a civil, loving and kind way.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they have that right due to living in the usa . God did not place that thought in them the god of this world has blinded them .if not careful God will turn them over to a reprobate mind . for years many tried to change me .begging me to get saved

What you say isn't true God has never forced his way on mankind, he has always allowed man a choice to obey or disobey or believe or have faith in God's way or you can choose your own way. If you choose your own way God let's you Know the consequences of that choice. Those who practice all forms of sexual immorality will not be in God kingdom. God has always given you the choice. God doesn't tell us to force people to live their lives his way.

Reactions: SkyWriting

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've lived in a gay neighborhood for 20 years now with one gay man across the street.

The scriptures are extensive on how I should treat my neighbors.
Mr. & Ms. Guided Christian are all dead wrong on this topic of Gay lifestyle.
Hopefully Jesus will forgive them as I do.
You are a liberal "christian" who is pro abortion and pro- homosexuality who tries to bend the scripture to validate your beliefs. I'm familiar with your posts & the unBiblical dogma you promote.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have underlined a pertinent part for you. If I practiced the very same sinful behavior, then it would apply to me.
[
/QUOTE]

Too late for that cop out. It does apply to us.

James 2:10, CSB: "For whoever keeps the entire law, and yet stumbles at one point, is guilty of breaking it all."

SkyWriting

May 19, 2019
Milwaukee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a liberal "christian" who is pro abortion and pro- homosexuality who tries to bend the scripture to validate your beliefs. I'm familiar with your posts & the unBiblical dogma you promote.

Good for you! I am well familiar with scripture than has changed my mind on both those issues!
I really only bring these principles up because I have discovered they are true to scripture, but not sermons.

You've neglected my stand on women being allowed to work outside the home, allowed to speak in church, and my insistence that Pro-Life supporters all register as adoption parents and save babies from being murdered. I hate that babies are murdered because "Christians" are too slack and lazy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Judging Justly means "Stop being legalistic with scripture" in this context.
Or how about "Stop Judging God Himself". That works.

You find few humans "judging justly."

Interesting that three out of the four quotes you have cited are in the OT. Yes, we are not perfectly just as God is, but we have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and the Mind of Christ. Judgment has been given to us.

oldhermit

Dec 19, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. As Paul said in 1Cor 5:9-13, "I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? But those who are outside, God judges. Remove the wicked man from among yourselves."

If we are not to associate with one in the Church who is such a person, why would we be willing to accept one into our midst as a brother who is such a person and has absolutely no intention of repenting of such a lifestyle? Before becoming a Christian, one must be willing to repent and leave the old man of sin behind. If not, then there is no conversion, only the pretense of conversion.