Defending the Godhead (Trinity) & the Divine Nature of Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Bible Highlighter

Diluting a thread with cut and paste walls of text does not a doctrine prove.

Every doctrine in God’s Word is supported by many verses. Walls of texts is only a threat to those who don’t want to deal with them.
Again, you are not dealing with things like 1 John 5:7, or John 1:1, and many other points I brought up with Scripture.
The Word WAS God.
The Word was made flesh.
God was manifest in the flesh.
Keep denying the obvious if you like.
It’s Jesus who is God.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said if you do not believe I am he, you will die in your sins.
The word “he” is not in the original languages.
So Jesus is saying if you do not believe He is the I AM from Exodus 3, you will die in your sins.
For the Jews went ape crazy and wanted to stone Jesus for saying that He was the I AM in John 8.

Reactions: DavidTaylor

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 1:7-8
“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”

This is Jesus and He declares He is the Almighty.

Believe it.

Reactions: DavidTaylor

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let us make man in our image, and our likeness (Genesis 1:26).
Who is God talking to? Proverbs 8:30-31 explains.....
"Then I was beside Him, as a master workman;
And I was His delight daily,
Rejoicing always before Him,
31 Rejoicing in the world, His earth,
And having my delight in the sons of mankind."

This is God's son speaking as "wisdom personified", the one "through whom" God created all things, it means that Jesus has a special connection to the human race, having had a hand in their creation. (Colossians 1:15-17) All things were made "through" him...do you understand the concept of agency?

This makes sense when we read John 1:1.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.
That is not the way that verse reads in Greek, hence why original words studies are so important.

Here is that verse in a Greek Interlinear....
"In en the beginning archē was eimi the ho Word logos, and kai the ho Word logos was eimi with pros · ho God theos, and kai the ho Word logos was eimi God theos." (Mounce)

There is one little word that is omitted in the English translation, that belongs in that verse. That little word "ho" means "the" and you can see that it is translated in every other instance but one.....and that is in the identification of God himself. The Jews had refrained from uttering the divine name for a long time before Jesus walked the earth, so in Greek the word "theos" is translated "god" and it means "any god, goddess, deity or divine personage". So calling Jesus "theos" doesn't make him Yahweh. The Greeks used the definite article "the" to differentiate the one nameless God of the Jews from any other divine personage, including Jesus. They were polytheists and all their gods had names.
Satan is called "the god (theos) of this world"...is he Yahweh?

Jesus is therefore not identified in John 1:1 as "the god"...but just as "theos", which in other scripture means "a god or divine personage". No one can deny that Christ was "divine", but he was never said to be Almighty God. He worshipped his Father and gave him the glory he deserved without taking any of it for himself. Even after his return to heaven, Jesus referred to his Father as "my God". (Revelation 3:14)

"The Word (Logos) was with God", so how can he BE God? It says that "the Word was made flesh", not that God was made flesh.

So Jesus is saying if you do not believe He is the I AM from Exodus 3, you will die in your sins.
For the Jews went ape crazy and wanted to stone Jesus for saying that He was the I AM in John 8.

1 John 5:7 says that there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one.
So one God and yet three persons.
If you do some research you will see that this is a spurious verse that was never in the Bible at all, but added later to support a trinity.

Read it and the following verse in other English translations and see that what you are reading is not even there....
"For there are three witness bearers: 8 the spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement."

All three persons of the Godhead are present at Jesus’ baptism.
There is no denying that "Father, son and holy spirit" were present at Jesus' baptism and indeed at the baptism of all Christians who willingly submit to enter into a special relationship with God "through" Jesus Christ in order to obtain salvation. (Matthew 28:19-20)
It doesn't mean that there are three 'people'.....it simply means that we need to recognize the role that each one plays in our baptism and in our salvation.

Colossians says that the fulness of Godhead (Trinity) dwelt within Christ bodily.
There is no such word as "godhead" in the Bible....it is a word made up by trinitarians.

Colossians 2:9 from Mounce Interlinear...
"For hoti in en him autos the ho whole pas fullness plērōma of ho deity theotēs dwells katoikeō in bodily sōmatikōs form."

This word theotēs is not "godhead" but "deity" or "divinity"....the fullness of who God is, was in Jesus. As Paul said in Colossians 1:15....

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"....
This is not saying that Jesus is God, but saying that he was the first or "beginning of God's creation". (Revelation 3:12)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That is just A BLATANT LIE. But then what should one expect from those who are called "antichrists" because they reject the doctrine of Christ?
The Bible teaches the Trinity in many other ways as I have already demonstrated. Just because God’s Word does not conform to your own rules in how you wish does not invalidate the truth. In other words, it would be like a person who denies the Bible’s existence because the word Bible is not in the Bible. See how silly your argument is?

Deedat: "Thow me one plassthe where Jesus said: I'm God, or worthship me..."

Like you, I firmly believe in the Triune Godhead

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps you need to read that verse in many other translations to see if "he" belongs there? Who was Jesus claiming to be? The Messiah...not God.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/John 8:24

Have you ever read Exodus 3:13-15 in the Jewish Tanakh?

"And Moses said to God, "Behold I come to the children of Israel, and I say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" יגוַיֹּ֨אמֶר משֶׁ֜ה אֶל־הָֽאֱלֹהִ֗ים הִנֵּ֨ה אָֽנֹכִ֣י בָא֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ וְאָֽמַרְתִּ֣י לָהֶ֔ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י אֲבֽוֹתֵיכֶ֖ם שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם וְאָֽמְרוּ־לִ֣י מַה־שְּׁמ֔וֹ מָ֥ה אֹמַ֖ר אֲלֵהֶֽם:

14 God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'" ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:

15 And God said further to Moses, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'The Lord [יְהֹוָ֞ה] God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is how I should be mentioned in every generation. טווַיֹּ֩אמֶר֩ ע֨וֹד אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶל־משֶׁ֗ה כֹּ֣ה תֹאמַר֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ יְהֹוָ֞ה אֱלֹהֵ֣י אֲבֹֽתֵיכֶ֗ם אֱלֹהֵ֨י אַבְרָהָ֜ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֛ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֥י יַֽעֲקֹ֖ב שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם זֶה־שְּׁמִ֣י לְעֹלָ֔ם וְזֶ֥ה זִכְרִ֖י לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר:"

Do you see the meaning of God's name there? "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be"...."'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"
Do you think that Jewish people know how to translate their own scripture? There is no "I AM" there.....Yahweh was not talking about his existence because the Jews already knew who he was....he was making a statement about his intentions...to "be" whatever he needed to be in order for his purpose to be accomplished.

Exodus 3:14 has no connection whatsoever with John 8:58.
Jesus was answering a question about his age...not whether he was God. Look at verse 57...
"Then the Judeans replied, “You are not yet fifty years old! Have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the solemn truth, before Abraham came into existence, I am!” [or I have been] 59 Then they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus was hidden from them and went out from the temple area."
Why did the Jews want to stone him? Not because he claimed to be "GOD" because he never once did. They were looking to hang a charge of blasphemy on him so that they would have an excuse to execute him.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Walls of texts is only a threat to those who don’t want to deal with them.

I rather spend 10 minutes reading the Holy Bible than a looong post by a sectarian zealot.

Long explanations are not needed to prove truth.

Here’s a small wall of scripture, deal with them:

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

“I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” (John 8:18)

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.” (John 8:24)

“He” what? He “the light of the world” who God sent! See the context? Or is your trinity doctrine making you seek vain things?

Debunked above.

the Jews went ape crazy and wanted to stone Jesus for saying that He was the I AM in John 8.

Nonsense!

They were mad for the same reason as is shown here:

“…And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.” (Matthew 26:63-65)

Get your trinity nonsense out of my face and repent!

Such foolishness!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people who don't understand the Godhead (Trinity). It's not three gods in one God.
It's one God who co-exists as three distinct persons (yet not separated).

full

The Godhead (Trinity):

The Bible teaches that there is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) (1 Timothy 2:5) (Isaiah 45:5).

Yet, the Bible also teaches that there are distinctions within the Godhead or that there is a plural nature to God.

Here are a couple of quick points:

#1. The word Elohim (אֱלֹהִ֔ים) is both a singular and a plural noun.
#2. God refers to Himself in plural form (Genesis 1:26) (Genesis 3:22) (Genesis 11:7) (Isaiah 6:8).
#3. Plurality of God in New Testament (Matthew 28:19) (2 Corinthians 13:14) (John 14:16-20).
#4. Introductions to both the Son & Holy Spirit (Daniel 7:9-10, Daniel 7:13-14) (John 14:16)
#5. Different persons of Godhead appear at one time (Luke 3:21-22)
#6. Distinctions of Wills (Luke 22:42).
#7. Conversations Between the Godhead (Psalms 2:1-12) (Psalms 45:6-7) (Psalms 110:1) (Matthew 11:27) (John 17:24).​

The most clearest verse in Scripture that describes the Trinity is 1 John 5:7.

“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7).​

This verse appears in the King James Version but it is wrongfully removed from many Modern Translations.

Now, there are two wrong extremes people have made involving the Trinity.

#1. Modalism
(Which is a belief held by United Pentecostals).

This says that there are no distinctive persons within the Godhead. That God the Father just puts on a mask and pretends to be the Son; Others believe it says all three persons are smashed together whereby the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost do not have any kind of distinctiveness anymore. But the Bible makes it clear that the Father sent the Son to die for our sins (And it was not the Son sending the Father) (1 John 4:14). The Bible makes it clear that one cannot be forgiven if they speak a word against the Holy Spirit but yet, this is not the case if one speaks a word against the Son, though (Matthew 12:32).​

#2. Tritheism
(Which is a belief held by Mormons).

This says that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are three separate and distinct gods. This is polytheism or the worship of more than one God. But the Bible makes it clear that the Lord our God is one God (Deuteronomy 6:4).​

Then there is the correct view of the Trinity:

The Lord our God exists as one God, but He exists as three distinct persons (i.e. The Father, the Word (Christ), and the Holy Ghost). All three persons co-existed as one God for all eternity. Also, in the Trinity, the Father and the Son can dwell within one another despite their distinctiveness as persons within the Godhead, too. For Jesus said He dwells in the Father and the Father dwells in Him (John 14:10) (John 17:21).

Romans 1:20 says,

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"​

Meaning, even nature itself declares the Godhead (or the Trinity).

Atoms = Nucleus, Protons, Electrons.
Water Molecules = Hydrogen Atom, Hydrogen Atom, Oxygen Atom.
Colors of White Light = Red, Blue, Green.
Man's Formation = Dust, Mist (i.e. Water), Breadth of Life.
Man Made in God's Image = Physical Body, Spirit Body, Soul.​

Although the word "Trinity" is not found within the Scriptures, the word "Godhead" is used instead (Acts 17:29) (Romans 1:20) (Colossians 2:9).

Jesus had power as God.

#1. Jesus said He has power to raise the dead to life just as the Father had power to raise the dead (John 5:21).
#2. Hebrews 1:3 talks about how Christ held all things together by the word of His power when He purged us of our sins.
#3. Jesus said, He would raise up this Temple (His body) three days later (John 2:19).
#4. Jesus had the power to forgive sins and give eternal life (Mark 2:7) (Luke 7:44-50) (John 14:6).
#5 Jesus had the power to take away the sins of the entire world (John 1:29).
#6. Jesus Christ said wherever two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them (Matthew 18:20). This was said to the people he was around and not to just us today.
#7. Jesus knew men's thoughts (Matthew 9:4) (Matthew 12:25) (Mark 2:8) (Luke 5:22) (Luke 6:8) (Luke 9:47) (Luke 24:38).
#8. Jesus knew about the lives of others (John 2:24) (John 4:17-18) (John 4:29) (John 6:64).​

God purchased us with His own blood:

“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” (Acts of the Apostles 20:28).​

There is no Savior beside or next to God:

“I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.” (Isaiah 43:11).​

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.” (Matthew 16:19).

Does Jesus Have a God?

(Explaining John 20:17):

Jesus saith unto her,

"Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."" (John 20:17).​

Is Jesus (Who is God) really saying He has a God?
In other words, does God have a God?

Well, in the beginning of the gospel of John, it says this...

John 1:1-2 KJV - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God. The same was in the beginning with God."

In other words, John 20:17 is speaking in a similar way as John 1:1. The Word (Jesus - who is God) was with God the Father.

So when Jesus says... "I ascend unto... my God..." He is acknowledging that He is ascending to the Father who is God in essence in being (as a part of the plurality of the Godhead).

Yet, how can God have a God? Doesn't that imply a possession?
Yes, but Jesus says elsewhere, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).
Also, when Jesus uses the word "my" in the words "my God" He is also referring to whom He always obeys, too (Sort of like how a loyal servant always obeys His ruling King).

For Jesus says elsewhere, "... for I do always those things that please him." (John 8:29).
Also, when Jesus claimed to be God, and the Pharisees wanted to kill him for it, Jesus quoted Old Testament Scripture that says, "ye are gods." (i.e. gods = kings) as a way of protecting His mission in going to the cross (John 10:34).

Holy Spirit is God:

The Holy Spirit is called God:

“Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.” (Acts of the Apostles 5:3-4).

The Holy Spirit is on equal level with being God:

“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:” (Matthew 28:19).

The Holy Spirit is eternal:

“How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?” (Hebrews 9:14).

The Holy Spirit is a person:

“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever;” (John 14:16).

The Holy Spirit can be grieved:

“And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.” (Ephesians 4:30).

The Holy Spirit can be blasphemed:

“And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.” (Matthew 12:32).

Important Note: Only God can be blasphemed.

The Father Sent The Holy Spirit

The Bible says that God the Father sent the Holy Spirit. Jesus said.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you (John 14:26).

The Father will send the Holy Spirit, not Himself, to help believers.

There Is A Difference Between The Father And The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit does the will of God the Father. Paul wrote.

And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will (Romans 8:27).

Source used for Holy Spirit being distinct from the Father:

Is the Holy Spirit a Distinct Person from God the Father?

(Note: While I agree with this article by this author, that does not mean I agree with everything this author or website says).

Best to believe the Bible sir. Jehovah is God, Jesus is God's son, and the unnamed holy Ruach is God's power which is used in multiple ways.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you need to read that verse in many other translations to see if "he" belongs there? Who was Jesus claiming to be? The Messiah...not God.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/John 8:24

Have you ever read Exodus 3:13-15 in the Jewish Tanakh?

"And Moses said to God, "Behold I come to the children of Israel, and I say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" יגוַיֹּ֨אמֶר משֶׁ֜ה אֶל־הָֽאֱלֹהִ֗ים הִנֵּ֨ה אָֽנֹכִ֣י בָא֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ וְאָֽמַרְתִּ֣י לָהֶ֔ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י אֲבֽוֹתֵיכֶ֖ם שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם וְאָֽמְרוּ־לִ֣י מַה־שְּׁמ֔וֹ מָ֥ה אֹמַ֖ר אֲלֵהֶֽם:

14 God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'" ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:

15 And God said further to Moses, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'The Lord [יְהֹוָ֞ה] God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is how I should be mentioned in every generation. טווַיֹּ֩אמֶר֩ ע֨וֹד אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶל־משֶׁ֗ה כֹּ֣ה תֹאמַר֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ יְהֹוָ֞ה אֱלֹהֵ֣י אֲבֹֽתֵיכֶ֗ם אֱלֹהֵ֨י אַבְרָהָ֜ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֛ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֥י יַֽעֲקֹ֖ב שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם זֶה־שְּׁמִ֣י לְעֹלָ֔ם וְזֶ֥ה זִכְרִ֖י לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר:"

Do you see the meaning of God's name there? "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be"...."'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"
Do you think that Jewish people know how to translate their own scripture? There is no "I AM" there.....Yahweh was not talking about his existence because the Jews already knew who he was....he was making a statement about his intentions...to "be" whatever he needed to be in order for his purpose to be accomplished.

Exodus 3:14 has no connection whatsoever with John 8:58.
Jesus was answering a question about his age...not whether he was God. Look at verse 57...
"Then the Judeans replied, “You are not yet fifty years old! Have you seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “I tell you the solemn truth, before Abraham came into existence, I am!” [or I have been] 59 Then they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus was hidden from them and went out from the temple area."
Why did the Jews want to stone him? Not because he claimed to be "GOD" because he never once did. They were looking to hang a charge of blasphemy on him so that they would have an excuse to execute him.

There is no I AM in Exodus 3?
See you guys will do anything to change the text because you don’t like what it says.
For if the text favored you in the English, then of course you would not change it.
This is the silly games you guys like to play with the Bible. The Bible is silly putty in your hands and you can change it whenever you don’t like it.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I rather spend 10 minutes reading the Holy Bible than a looong post by a sectarian zealot.

Right because name calling just makes you look mature and proves your case on this topic biblically.
I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior in 1992 by mini comic tract, and I felt a love, joy, and peace that I had never known before.
I was on fire for the Lord greatly.
The Lord still is the driving focus of my life in everything I do.

You said:
Long explanations are not needed to prove truth.

Then you must have missed the sermon on the Mount or you missed the whole of the New Testament.

You said:
Here’s a small wall of scripture, deal with them:

“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

“I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.” (John 8:18)

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.” (John 8:24)

“He” what? He “the light of the world” who God sent! See the context? Or is your trinity doctrine making you seek vain things?

No contradiction or problem here in these verses. The Godhead (Trinity) is that the Lord our God is one God and yet He exists also as three distinct persons. Jesus is a distinct person and yet He is one with God the Father (because all three persons of the Godhead make up one God).

Think of it like those paper chain cut outs of people holding their hands. You can see the distinctiveness of each person but they are connected by holding hands. While I am not saying God is connected exactly in this way, the Bible says that there are three that bear record in Heaven: The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one (1 John 5:7). They are all one God. Yet, they are three persons.

Anyways, in Exodus 3, God declares He is the I AM.
In John 8 Jesus basically says that before Abraham was born, He is the I AM.
This led the Jews to go ape crazy in wanting to stone him to death.

You said:
“…And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.” (Matthew 26:63-65)

Get your trinity nonsense out of my face and repent!

Such foolishness!

Uh, hello. Blasphemy is dealing only with speaking bad words against God. Then again, you guys change words in the Bible to fit your own agenda in denying the one True GOD. It is you who needs to seek forgiveness with the Lord over denying how He is truly revealed in Scripture.

Again.

John 1:1 says the Word WAS God.
John 1:14 says the Word was made flesh.
What is the gospel of John talking about?
Jesus. The birth of Jesus. Hello?
1 Timothy 3:16 says God was manifest in the flesh.
1 Timothy 3:16 says He was received up into glory.
That’s Jesus. Jesus was received up into glory in Acts 1.
Revelation 19 talks about the return of Jesus.
He is called the Word of God in Revelation 19.

It’s so obvious but of course many of you will deny the obvious time and again in seeing the truth.

Jesus is GOD.
Jesus is LORD.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...let's make this real simple....please provide one clear statement FROM EITHER GOD OR JESUS, stating that the son is Almighty God
Shouldn't be too difficult.... :watching and waiting:

Easy Squeezy :)

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the Lord God Almighty !

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that lives, was dead but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

The immediate text clearly tells us that it was Jesus who was pierced and who is Coming in the clouds. This person coming in the clouds is God(Jesus-the Son of Man),

Daniel 7:13-14
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 "And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Matthew 24:30-31
30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64
Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

7 BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen.
8 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

hope this helps !!!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right because name calling just makes you look mature

Are you biblically illiterate or just caught up in an emotional response?

There was plenty of name calling done by Christ and the Apostles against heretics.

Then again, you guys change words

Until the next ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED debate gets lit up, then “you guys” becomes “my guys”.

If I changed the Bible I’d fall right inline with OSAS’ers.

That’s quite a mystery. You know that OSAS is false, so who/what in the world got you seduced into the 3-Gods-In-One click? Did you stop reading your Bible and dabble in mens books?

You are caught up in a tradition of men regarding the trinity.

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT TEACHES IT.

And you got the nerve to accuse me of changing words in the Bible.

You are adding the leaven of the trinitarians into the text.

Give me a break!

DavidB

Feb 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone actually read the OP? Long cut and pastes should be against the rules. If you can’t write it yourself then study until you can.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God. Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.

We know from Revelation 1:8 that Alpha and Omega is the Almighty. So we can see that Christ is the Almighty

Revelation 1:17
17And when I saw Him, I fell at his feet as dead. And He laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I Am the first and the last:

We know from Revelation 1:17-18 that the first and the last is He that lives, was dead but is alive forevermore is Christ.

Revelation 2:8
"To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.

Revelation 22:12-13
12 "Behold, I Am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 "I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

We know from Revelation 22:13 that the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

Revelation 22:16,20
16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I Am coming quickly." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

The immediate text clearly tells us that it was Jesus who was pierced and who is Coming in the clouds. This person coming in the clouds is God(Jesus-the Son of Man),

Daniel 7:13-14
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 "And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Matthew 24:30-31
30 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.

Matthew 26:64
Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

So we can see that the One who comes/is coming in the NT always refers to Jesus the Son of Man and NEVER refers to the Father. Therefore we can conclude it is Jesus who is coming whom John calls God the Alpha and Omega. This is sound biblical exegesis based on the context of the passage as well as the principle established in both Testaments on the One who is Coming in/with the Clouds- The Son of Man not the Father !!!!!!

Isaiah 44:6
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
'I am the first and I am the last,
And there is no God besides Me.

Isaiah 48:12
"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called;
I am He, I am the first, I am also the last.

hope this helps !!!

Well said brother.

Amen.

Reactions: ChristisGod

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did anyone actually read the OP? Long cut and pastes should be against the rules. If you can’t write it yourself then study until you can.

Good thing you don’t make the rules suppressing the freedom of speech. Only people who don’t like the Bible or biblical support of doctrines would say this. God’s people love His Word and they don’t treat it as a chore to read or a burden.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing you don’t make the rules suppressing the freedom of speech. Only people who don’t like the Bible or biblical support of doctrines would say this. God’s people love His Word and they don’t treat it as a chore to read or a burden.
Truth is truth regardless of the source .

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let's see how "squeezy" it becomes then....?

These passages in Revelation make it clear that Jesus is God.
Do they? :smlhmm:
"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.” (Revelation 21:6-7) This reference is certainly to Jehovah, because he is God to the spirit anointed members of the body of Christ and they are "adopted" as his spiritual "sons". But in other verses, they are spoken of as Christ’s "brothers", not his sons, so the text is speaking of Jehovah, and it calls him “the Alpha and the Omega”. So when the Alpha and Omega is mentioned again in the very next chapter, why must the term suddenly shift to Christ Jesus instead of Jehovah? It doesn't.

Remember it is Jesus in the NT who is Coming back to earth that every eye will see. It was Jesus who was pierced on the cross for our sins. John is clearly once again calling Jesus God!!!!!!! The Coming and the coming in the clouds never refers to the Father in the NT but always to Jesus.
Well, you must remember that the Revelation God gave to Jesus Christ was passed on to the apostle John by one of Christ’s angels, and that this angel sometimes spoke for Jehovah and sometimes for Christ Jesus; so we must watch for these changes and note them on the basis of content and context. If Jesus was God, why did he need his Father to give him the Revelation to pass on to John? He had returned to heaven quite some time previous to this.

The term “the First [pro’tos, not alpha] and the Last [e’skha·tos, not omega]” occurs at Revelation 1:17-18 and Revelation 2:8.
In these verses, the context shows that the one referred to died and later returned to life. Thus, these verses cannot refer to God because he has never died. (Habakkuk 1:12) But Jesus died and was resurrected. (Acts 3:13-15) He was the first human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life in heaven, where he now lives “forever and ever.” (Revelation 1:18; Colossians 1:18) Jesus is the one who performs all resurrections thereafter. (John 6:40, 44; John 5:28-29) Therefore, he was the last one to be resurrected directly by his God. (Acts 10:40) In this sense, Jesus can properly be called “the First and the Last.”.....but it doesn't make him God.

Don't you find it strange that something as important as the very nature of God is not expressly stated by either the Father or the son?
Who did the Jews believe God to be? A threesome? or as Deuteronomy 6:4 stated....
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one. דשְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהֹוָ֥ה | אֶחָֽד:" (Jewish Tanakh)

Who did Jesus' apostles say was their "one God"?
1 Corinthians 8:5-6...
"If after all there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we live, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we live." (NET)

Any ambiguity in those statements?

Revelation 3:12...
"The one who conquers I will make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will never depart from it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God that comes down out of heaven from my God, and my new name as well.

If Jesus is God and he returned to heaven to assume his former position in the "godhead", how can he call his Father "my God" if he is God?

He goes on in Revelation 3:14 to declare...."‘The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation."
"Beginning" in Greek is "archē" and it means....

"1. beginning, origin;
a. used absolutely, of the beginning of all things: ἐν ἀρχῇ, John 1:1 (Strongs)
Citing John 1:1 "the beginning" in that famous verse is the beginning of creation because God himself is an eternal being with no beginning or end.
Jesus said that he was the "beginning of God's creation".

The son never once called himself "God".....he only ever claimed to be "the son of God"....never was he called "God the Son". (John 10:31-36)

Sorry, but your claims do not stand up to scrutiny....:doldrums:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no I AM in Exodus 3?
I gave you the direct quote from the Jewish Tanakh...how have I changed anything? The Jews surely know how to translate their own language....? Before and after the Israelites were liberated from Egypt, do you think they needed to know that God existed?
When Moses asked about God's name, the reply was a statement of God's intentions towards his nation, chosen to form the direct family lineage to Abraham through which the promised seed would come.

John 8:58 has no connection with Exodus 3:14 at all. Do you know how many times Jesus said "I am" without ever saying that he was God...? Good grief! :IDK: And 'I am' the one twisting scripture....it was twisted way before any of us were even thought of...

See you guys will do anything to change the text because you don’t like what it says.
Sorry, but "you guys" accept what was twisted by Christendom centuries ago. You accept what is taught without even checking to see if it fits in with the rest of the scriptures. The Bible does not contradict itself, so it is you guys who have to provide the proof that what you believe about the trinity us not a satanic lie. I have seen no evidence so far that is not suggestion dressed up to look like fact.

You don't have one God in three persons, you swallowed three gods in one person....big difference.
If you have "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit" that is three gods, and it is in clear breach of the first Commandment. We are to have "no other gods" but Yahweh. Jesus is not Yahweh and never once claimed to be. The holy spirit is never once said to be "God" either. It is "God's spirit"...it belongs to him. It has no personality or name. It is the exercise of God's power, given even to his son at his baptism. Jesus was just plain Jesus, son of Joseph the carpenter as far as anyone knew

For if the text favored you in the English, then of course you would not change it.
This is the silly games you guys like to play with the Bible. The Bible is silly putty in your hands and you can change it whenever you don’t like it.
The silly games were played long before you or I were even born. The rot set in around the beginning of the second century when there were no apostles left to keep things on track....but as Jesus warned, "while men were sleeping" God's enemy sowed "weeds" of false Christianity and like weeds always do, they took over the whole arrangement. God allowed captivity in a greater Babylon in order for the fulfillment of prophesy to come to its conclusion...and here we are, situated in a world where "Christianity" is the most pathetic imitation of what Christ started that can be imagined. If Jesus said that "the gates of hades" would not prevail against his church....(Matthew 16:18) what is his "church" in our day? Is Christ hiding in amongst the disunited and bickering rabble that Christendom has created? Who is teaching the truth? Who are obeying Christ in all things?

It seems to me that the countries who claim to be "Christian" are the worst offenders, making excuses for why they won't obey what Christ commanded. They would rather be "friends of the world", sanctioning bloodshed rather than standing up for Christ's truth.
When Jesus comes as judge, any wonder he will say to the "many" "I NEVER KNEW YOU" condemning them as "workers of lawlessness". (Matthew 7:21-23) The Christianity passed off as such today is nothing but a sham....it does not resemble first century Christianity at all.
The emphasis was on preaching the gospel, which we don't really see the churches emphasizing.....most people who go to church do so out of a sense of duty and they have somehow been convinced that their Pastor knows it all for them and so they rarely do any real Bible study. So being short on Bible knowledge does not equip them to preach so they don't. That is somehow someone else's job. :Broadly:

There are reasons and excuses.....and we have to know the difference. :ummm:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you biblically illiterate or just caught up in an emotional response?

There was plenty of name calling done by Christ and the Apostles against heretics.

Until the next ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED debate gets lit up, then “you guys” becomes “my guys”.

If I changed the Bible I’d fall right inline with OSAS’ers.

That’s quite a mystery. You know that OSAS is false, so who/what in the world got you seduced into the 3-Gods-In-One click? Did you stop reading your Bible and dabble in mens books?

You are caught up in a tradition of men regarding the trinity.

THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT TEACHES IT.

And you got the nerve to accuse me of changing words in the Bible.

You are adding the leaven of the trinitarians into the text.

Give me a break!

Grace, peace, and love to you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ (Who is GOD).

Anyways, I love you in Christ, but the problem I see my friend is that you are not dealing with the text and you are appealing to emotionalism.
You also just label it as a mystery (Which is not really receiving what the text says).

Again, lets go over the facts of Scripture:
The Word WAS God according to John 1:1.
The Word was made flesh (John 1:14).
God was manifest in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16).
The same one who was referred to as being God was manifest in the flesh is also mentioned in being received up into glory.
Jesus was received up into glory in Acts 1.
The gospels talk about the birth of Jesus.
So logic dictates that Jesus is God based on just these verses alone.
But wait. There’s more. Several pieces of Scripture in Revelation refers clearly to Jesus.

Revelation 19:17-18
17 “And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

According to verse 18, he is the one who lives and was dead, and He is alive forevermore. This is clearly in reference to Jesus because Jesus died, and then He lives forever more (because of the resurrection).

In verse 17, same person speaking, Jesus says He is the first, and the last.

In Revelation 22:13, the one who declares they are the first and the last is the Alpha and Omega.

In Revelation 1:8 says that the one who declares they are the Alpha and Omega is the Lord God and the text of Revelation says this one is the Almighty.

In Revelation 19, we know that the one who is riding the white horse is Jesus. This is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
In Revelation 19:13, we learn that the one riding the horse is called… the Word of God.
This is the same Word who is called God in John 1:1.
1 John 5:7 says there are three that bear record in Heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla
Status
Not open for further replies.