Demon Possessed Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
What is wrong with people man? Seriously, how can a child of God get possessed?He can't! Once you are saved you have the Holy Spirit! You are Sealed! Like a jar of jelly ain't nothin gettin in there! I have half a mind to poke myself in the eye next time I see something like this.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Mar 31 2009, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71496
What is wrong with people man? Seriously, how can a child of God get possessed?He can't! Once you are saved you have the Holy Spirit! You are Sealed! Like a jar of jelly ain't nothin gettin in there! I have half a mind to poke myself in the eye next time I see something like this.
We're sealed? Yes, that true, but we aren't permanently sealed as the Holy Spirit is our deposit... but it won't be permanently sealed until the 144,000 is finished. Not many people... And Christians can still turn away from Father... that's what apostasy is. A great falling away.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 31 2009, 05:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71498
We're sealed? Yes, that true, but we aren't permanently sealed as the Holy Spirit is our deposit... but it won't be permanently sealed until the 144,000 is finished. Not many people... And Christians can still turn away from Father... that's what apostasy is. A great falling away.
If anywone goes out from us they never were of us, so by that definition they are not christians. So, even so sealed as a deposit is the same thing. Repent and be baptised and you will recieve the Holy Spirit. The spirit of our Lord will not just move over because someone made some stupid decision at some point in time and a demon just happens to want in.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 31 2009, 06:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71498
Hi Jordan , where do you get this " great falling away " , and how do you couple it with the 144,00 ?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Mar 31 2009, 05:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71499
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 31 2009, 05:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71498
If anywone goes out from us they never were of us, so by that definition they are not christians. So, even so sealed as a deposit is the same thing. Repent and be baptised and you will recieve the Holy Spirit. The spirit of our Lord will not just move over because someone made some stupid decision at some point in time and a demon just happens to want in.Anybody who came to Christ and accept Him in their own life as Lord and Saviour is automatically gets the Holy Spirit... but we are reliable for temptation... if we fail our temptation, does it mean we stop having the Holy Spirit by our side to work harder? No. But it doesn't change the fact we can follow Satan since God gave everybody free will to do so... but I know, the elect won't follow Satan.QUOTE (dan p @ Mar 31 2009, 05:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71501
Hi Jordan , where do you get this " great falling away " , and how do you couple it with the 144,00 ?
II Thessalonians 2. To be more specific, II Thessalonians 2:3,4

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 31 2009, 07:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71502
If anywone goes out from us they never were of us, so by that definition they are not christians. So, even so sealed as a deposit is the same thing. Repent and be baptised and you will recieve the Holy Spirit. The spirit of our Lord will not just move over because someone made some stupid decision at some point in time and a demon just happens to want in.Anybody who came to Christ and accept Him in their own life as Lord and Saviour is automatically gets the Holy Spirit... but we are reliable for temptation... if we fail our temptation, does it mean we stop having the Holy Spirit by our side to work harder? No. But it doesn't change the fact we can follow Satan since God gave everybody free will to do so... but I know, the elect won't follow Satan.II Thessalonians 2. To be more specific, II Thessalonians 2:3,4
I'm not exactly sure what the great falling away is. I know what it is in my mind, however, since it's just my personal thought's I wont comment. As far as having the Holy Spirit, that proves my point. If you are infact "demon" possessed you are not a christian. I do agree that even though you're saved you can wind up following sinful ways, but, they will not be a permanent life as in, You will not purposfully choose to return to sin as a way of life. It does seem there are people that have purposfully rejected Christ after they were "saved", I can't answer for them, but it seems impossible for me to imagine. People get misslead all the time, It's happened to me. One things for sure, God never left me alone, and he never stopped talking to me.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Mar 31 2009, 07:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71506
QUOTE (Jordan @ Mar 31 2009, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71502
Anybody who came to Christ and accept Him in their own life as Lord and Saviour is automatically gets the Holy Spirit... but we are reliable for temptation... if we fail our temptation, does it mean we stop having the Holy Spirit by our side to work harder? No. But it doesn't change the fact we can follow Satan since God gave everybody free will to do so... but I know, the elect won't follow Satan. ...
I'm not exactly sure what the great falling away is. I know what it is in my mind, however, since it's just my personal thought's I wont comment. As far as having the Holy Spirit, that proves my point. If you are infact "demon" possessed you are not a christian. I do agree that even though you're saved you can wind up following sinful ways, but, they will not be a permanent life as in, You will not purposfully choose to return to sin as a way of life. It does seem there are people that have purposfully rejected Christ after they were "saved", I can't answer for them, but it seems impossible for me to imagine. People get misslead all the time, It's happened to me. One things for sure, God never left me alone, and he never stopped talking to me.You are not getting my point. No Christians are demon processed... but we are not free from temptations. We still get temptations. Even Christ was tempted in the desert... but does it make Him being "demon processed" for being tempted by Satan? No it does not.You don't have to be demon processed to follow Satan is what I'm trying to get at...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Yeah, I get what you're sayin. I think you may have misunderstood that I was agreeing with you on that part. It's hard for me to get my thoughts together and present them in a simple way, sorry about that.Oh yeah, I gotta point out the "demon processed"
biggrin.gif
that seems to apply to people following temptation too I guess. LOL

bethog

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Apr 1 2009, 12:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71496
There is a difference between “being demon possessed” and to be “influence by demons”. I know that this statement “influence by demons” is not a Biblical word but just give me time to explain.Yes we are sealed in the Holy Spirit and yes we are protected and we can not get “demon possessed”, but a Christian can allow the demons to have an influence on them by their own choice. From the outside when people look at them and see them react when something happen, they may think that this Christian is demon possessed. Let us look at an example in Scripture. Job 1 (New King James Version)1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was blameless and upright, and one who feared God and shunned evil.9 So Satan answered the LORD and said, “Does Job fear God for nothing? 10 Have You not made a hedge around him, around his household, and around all that he has on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land.Ok here we see Job a righteous man and he is “sealed” so to speak as even the satan said that God “made a hedge around him”. So we can say that satan or no demon could touched him, he was sealed. Well satan did attacked him and people looked at him said all sorts of things about him, so what happened to his ”seal or hedge”?The answer is in verse 5 5 So it was, when the days of feasting had run their course, that Job would send and sanctify them, and he would rise early in the morning and offer burnt offerings according to the number of them all. For Job said, “It may be that my sons have sinned and cursed God in their hearts.” Thus Job did regularly. At first this look like a very good thing Job did. He offered burnt offerings daily on behalf of his children. But read the rest of the verse. His motivation wasn’t faith but fear. He offered burnt offering for just in case his children sinned and he feared that something would happen to them. So what Job did, he cause a “hole in his hedge” (seal) where satan could have access to him and even he himself said so in Job 3:25 25 For the thing I greatly feared has come upon me, and what I dreaded has happened to me.So to bring this back to the subject of this thread. Yes a righteous man (Christians), can not be demon possessed but a Christian can cause a “hole in their hedge” or “seal” by operating in fear and sin and open themselves to demons.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks guys for pointing out the scriptures. They back what I was saying, I just get ate smooth up when I hear about stuff like that and don't think clearly.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
QUOTE (WhiteKnuckle @ Mar 31 2009, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71496
Would your please be kind enough to explain addictions, or do we tell people to just STOP IT. You can't be serious.In the past 27 years my wife and I have cast 100's of demons out of christians, christian leaders, pastors and bishops.Sorry your too late

2leg

Apr 15, 2009
yeah you're right!!!! You know, i like this website! I learn new things in this website because of your topics but the most i like website is the kimclement website because here, there's a lot of stuff to learn. Good day and God bless.