• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not here to argue the point. I will leave you to it. God knows all of the "whys".
Stay refreshed in prayer and sound biblical doctrine my friend . far too many are being led away by emotions and feelings
Let us stick to what GOD inspired as our meat . HIS WORDS . march on my friend . THE LORD is with us
and HE is our hope and our salvation .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stay refreshed in prayer and sound biblical doctrine my friend . far too many are being led away by emotions and feelings
Let us stick to what GOD inspired as our meat . HIS WORDS . march on my friend . THE LORD is with us
and HE is our hope and our salvation .
Thank you my friend!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures are a unique collection of writings...that either a madman genius or a God wrote over a period of 35000 years by 40+ authors.

Now the interpretation of the scriptures are often very flawed due to poor hermeneutics.
But the writings are written on an extremely complex level. Many levels of intent and purpose in EVERY book.

The accuracy of what was originally written being preserved today?
Actually yes....very much so.

Maybe a word here and there or a sentence but nothing that will change any of the sins or major theologies held today. And these contested scriptures are always noted in study Bibles.

How can themes going across 40+ books and 3,000 years happen? Then there's the accuracy of prophesy....

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you did, absolutely and conclusively...<

See, anytime a Devil, a Fool, a Fake Christian, an Atheist, or a deceived person comes to a "christian forum" to proclaim that the "bible has errors in it".

A.) What they are doing, is CASTING DOUBT on the bible, that proves they are AGAINST the Bible.

See, when you respect the Bible as the word of God, you would never try to cause people who are on a "christian forum" to believe that they can't trust it.

So, when a Bible MOCKER, comes to Christians and says....>"psssst...hey.... that bible you use.. .its just ERRORS">. = you can't trust it".

Now, i'll tell you again... when you do that, .. you are "Doing the Devil's Work".

-see you there. @RedFan
Is it the devil's work to point out Biblical inconsistencies that prove just how much the human element is at work in Scripture? I don't think so. We can respectfully disagree on this.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it the devil's work to point out Biblical inconsistencies that prove just how much the human element is at work in Scripture? I don't think so. We can respectfully disagree on this.
Whether its done in ignorance or not it is the work of darkness .
What folks see as inconsistencies are a huge lack of understanding .
example . many try and pit james and paul against each other and say they contradicted each other
concering faith and works . WHEN in truth THEY DONT . this is simply a lack of understanding on the part of the person
who is doing such a thing .
Even paul spoke about how one can DENY THE FAITH by not DOING .
IF any provides not for his own ,specially for those of his own household HE has DENIED the FAITH .
James also knew IT WAS TRUE FAITH that did save . But he was explaining the difference
between true faith and dead faith .
Often this is done through the minds of either babes , or the denominations of men who picked and chose
a certain teaching and were not rightly dividing the word .
What many see as inconsitences or errors or contradictions , ARE NOT . its a lack of understanding
a lack of learning the bible for themselves .
AND OH YES it is a work of darkness to try and say the human element at work in scripture .
Because ALL SCRIPTURE was INSPIRED BY GOD . its men who mess it up and lack understanding
that are at fault . GOD inspired torah . and believe me He had men who recopied it
accurately through the ages . EVEN though the leaders were bankrupt in many places
STILL GOD preserved the torah . JUST as HE DID with the letters of the apostels and etc .
The inconsistencies you THINK exist , they are but a lack of understanding . We need to triple
down on getting people back into the bible not trying to do the work of the dark one who is
trying to twist things .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief (faith)

I agree, there is right faith and there is wrong faith. But I think it may be easier to see what ones faith is in.

Abraham Believed God. He trusted God. (although we see in the records it was not a perfect trust) But he trusted him anyway. and God accounted or imputed to him as righteousness based on his trust in God.

on the other hand, we see many of Abraham offspring also said they had faith or trusted God. but did they?

We see in their dealing with Christ that their faith was not so much in God. but in their works. Their faith in themselves was so strong, they ended up Crucifying their messiah who came to save them.

so we see both sides of faith or a false and true faith.

Abraham trusted God. His faith caused him to walk. And God grew his faith.

His offspring sadly trusted in self. and Their walk was fake and self righteous. And god rejected their faith.

The same things happens today. We have religious faith (faith in self) and Godly faith (faith in God)

sadly. like the op posted. we also have Calvinistic faith or fatalistic faith. which in my view is realy no faith at all..

Reactions: amigo de christo

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Each denomination has their own translation of the scriptures....
That in itself should tell you that translations are not the most straightforward. You can use synonymous words to highlight/promote or to de-emphasise something. Then provide chapter and verse numbers to really confuse people by breaking up the scriptures unnaturally.

If you view an English translation made in South Africa you can see that they emphasize the scriptures differently than UK or American scriptures do.

All of these are working with the same manuscript conglomeration....

Add to the mix the highly personalized interpretation hermeneutics and viola....a slew of denominations abound. (Some people use nothing but flat reading...cough cough.... many above in this thread...cough cough. )

Homer's Illead has 4 copies of old manuscripts....but nobody argues about lines, interpretation, translation, and accuracy. Nobody even tries. But it seems that everyone argues against these things when it comes to scriotures....because they don't want the Bible to say what it does or they don't want to it to be true...because if the Bible is true then they are in trouble.

But.....
Equal distant letter spacing (a word or phrase is spelled consistently when using a strict character count) and the interconnected lines and subject matter (a rhyme using the formula of ABBcA . BCCdB. CDDeC) and on it goes continuously.

So....things become broken when the contents are changed.

We are sure of the accuracy of scriptures....the interpretation? Not so much.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What is wrong faith?

A few examples....

1). Its any faith that does not BELIEVE that Jesus Keeps you saved.

2.) Wrong faith is any faith that suggests that The Cross of Christ only started your salvation, and now its on you to finish it.

3.) Wrong faith is trying to perform for God, believing that this is your salvation.

4.) Wrong faith is believing that water baptism washed your sin away.

5.). Wrong faith is believing that you have to agree to make Jesus ..= LORD, before God will forgive you to begin with.