Demons Fear the Name of Jesus!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chapter 2
After that night of telling God I would serve anything but Him I began a very treacherous journey...I started studying astrology, seeking out psychics and searching for answers.
Within a year I was being tormented by demons...I would see their faces in the carpet, in shadows and various places...I started having recurring nightmares of tornados and aliens killing my family, 3 times I woke up at night and my bed would be soaked in blood...I would see the doctor and he couldn't find anything wrong...
I would hear voices chanting in my head....
Edit to add this: I forgot to mention standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom putting on my makeup and while I was looking in the mirror a Death Spirit appeared where my face was...I was seeing a skeleton in the mirror! Okay that scared me...i ran out of there.
I became fearful of sleeping at night and being alone in my apartment..
Finally, I decided maybe if I went to church that would help...I went to a church just down the road from me.
I walked in and sat down on the back pew and when the praise and worship team began singing I became extremely nauseated and felt like I was about to vomit.
I quickly got up and left....
The next day I called my cousin who was (along with her husband) a youth pastor at their church.
I told her everything and the last thing I told her was that Satan was trying to kill me...
She had me drive to her church in Pawnee and meet her...she had the keys and we went into the sanctuary and I went straight to the alter and knelt down...she prayed over me, played the piano, sang worship songs, prayed over me, played CD's of gospel music, prayed over me...and this continued for what seemed like an eternity....I couldn't pray...I couldn't speak...I couldn't even cry....then she played a song that forever changed my life...
NO OTHER NAME BUT JESUS....
As that song played a tear fell down my cheek...then another...pretty soon I was flooding the alter with my tears and it was then that I cried out...."!Jesus!, Jesus save me! I am so sorry!!! Forgive me, Lord...help me...satan is trying to kill me!"
That was when I felt the most peaceful, gentle, loving presence of my Lord I had ever known...I had never felt Him like that before...it was beautiful and words can't describe it..m
The song. No other name but Jesus...there's power in the precious name of Jesus...
Then I began to worship and praise Him and it was from my heart in a way I had never felt...
And I vowed to never deny Him or turn from Him again...and I haven't...but most importantly I vowed to never entertain witchcraft again..(psychics operate under the power of a witchcraft spirit)...
That was 1984.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conclusion: has anyone changed their mind about how demons operate and whether your wrestling flesh and blood or evil powers...

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Conclusion: has anyone changed their mind about how demons operate and whether your wrestling flesh and blood or evil powers...
My neighbour who is a very strong atheist accuses me of the weird thing he does, this is the accuser at work. He walks away smiling all over his face. The trouble is, people believe him. There is nothing I can do except move, and I do not want to do that.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am taking this slowly to perhaps help someone understand demonic spirits and their influence in our lives.
Mostly I hope to help you how to take back the peace and joy from living a life of freedom in Christ.

Between, you me and the gatepost, ministry and doctrtinal statements are a bain and detract from exalting Christ. You can be a full on dedicated Christian but if you dont sign up to their statement of belief you are toast.

An hour ago I looked up the statement of faith of a denomination and it said, this that and the other. In other words, we are different to you so don't come near us if you dont subscribe to our way of thinking and doing.

For me, my statement of faith is simple. It is "Jesus Christ is Lord" and if he is everything else is put in place.

There is no freedom outside of the Lordship of Jesus Christ so why do we need all the other mumbo jumbo?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let His Name be continually on your lips, let your Praise lift Him up and Glorify the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Prince of Peace....His NAME IS JESUS...EMANUEL....Holy Holy Holy is He and worthy of all praise!
And demons tremble at the Name of Jesus! Yeshua!
Got any demons tormenting you?
According to scripture He has given us authority over them in His Name...
Take authority and command them to get behind you...speak His Word...It Is Written.. ..
Spiritual Authority
"In My Name you will cast out evil spirits…" Mark 16:17

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

What gives you the idea we have authority over them? According to cessationist the only thing we have authority over is the status quo. Keep that going and you will save the world. Oh yeah????

In today's climate one of the best weapons that Satan uses is to keep the church quiet. Don't rock the boat. Don't get involved in anything the world might not agree with you on. Don't tarnish your reputation by being controversial. Don't tell the truth because you will upset someone. Always apologise if someone disagrees with you. And whatever you do, don't do anything that might suggest the power of God is natural and normal.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My neighbour who is a very strong atheist accuses me of the weird thing he does, this is the accuser at work. He walks away smiling all over his face. The trouble is, people believe him. There is nothing I can do except move, and I do not want to do that.

What is more weird than facts staring you in the face and rejecting them? An atheist speciality.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

These are my thoughts on these things Heart2soul:

Most certainly is there an internal warfare in Christian believers: A war between their (our) flesh, and the Spirit given from God through and by the Lord Jesus Christ through faith. Internal warfare - struggles of the flesh - suffering for Christ - choices in between the two a long with outside situations that test our faith, and if we are going to react by the spirit or by the fleshly ways.

Darkness vs Light. (living by my self will (Flesh) - or living by the spirit of God/Holy Spirit/ Spirit of Christ.)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come to just be bold...
I had a boss who was trying to set me up...I said you better be nice...you don't know who my daddy is....and let him ponder that....he got fired a month later..(the whole time I was actually talking to that spirit operating through him)
You might try doing this...the next time he does that..say "The Lord rebuke you foul spirit, get behind me satan" then walk away...say nothing else and keep smiling.

Reactions: Truman and Cooper

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Between, you me and the gatepost, ministry and doctrtinal statements are a bain and detract from exalting Christ. You can be a full on dedicated Christian but if you dont sign up to their statement of belief you are toast.

An hour ago I looked up the statement of faith of a denomination and it said, this that and the other. In other words, we are different to you so don't come near us if you dont subscribe to our way of thinking and doing.

For me, my statement of faith is simple. It is "Jesus Christ is Lord" and if he is everything else is put in place.

There is no freedom outside of the Lordship of Jesus Christ so why do we need all the other mumbo jumbo?
Amen!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come to just be bold...
I had a boss who was trying to set me up...I said you better be nice...you don't know who my daddy is....and let him ponder that....he got fired a month later..(the whole time I was actually talking to that spirit operating through him)
You might try doing this...the next time he does that..say "The Lord rebuke you foul spirit, get behind me satan" then walk away...say nothing else and keep smiling.

Congratulations Heart2Soul...Grailhunter is speechless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't finish about the pastor...didn't mean to leave you guys hanging....
I don't know much except 7 years later I saw on the news a tornado hit the church...https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQICxAC&usg=AOvVaw2wyl6Gr7P-0zT7TYwce7mG
Apparently the pastor had left the church prior but came back to deliver a a special sermon....and during service it hit.
It was 20 years later...I was now 37 and the Holy Spirit told me to call him and forgive him....how do you find someone 20 years later? With the help of the Holy Spirit!
I found Joe's parents in the phone book...called and asked if they knew how to reach the pastor....they gave me the number...he was in Virginia...I called, he answered and I said do you remember me...he said yes...I said I have called to say I forgive you....but just know that after that happened I went through hell....he began to cry....he said this is no accident you called today....he said I am at a pastor's conference and the message today was about causing the sheep to go astray....(HOW CAN THAT NOT BE GOD! HIS TIMING IS PERFECT)....we both cried....said our goodbyes and that was the final door that had to be closed on that whole ordeal.
Edit:
Had to correct 37 years later to 20...

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't finish about the pastor...didn't mean to leave you guys hanging....
I don't know much except 7 years later I saw on the news a tornado hit the church...https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQICxAC&usg=AOvVaw2wyl6Gr7P-0zT7TYwce7mG
Apparently the pastor had left the church prior but came back to deliver a a special sermon....and during service it hit.
It was 20 years later...I was now 37 and the Holy Spirit told me to call him and forgive him....how do you find someone 37 years later? With the help of the Holy Spirit!
I found Joe's parents in the phone book...called and asked if they knew how to reach the pastor....they gave me the number...he was in Virginia...I called, he answered and I said do you remember me...he said yes...I said I have called to say I forgive you....but just know that after that happened I went through hell....he began to cry....he said this is no accident you called today....he said I am at a pastor's conference and the message today was about causing the sheep to go astray....(HOW CAN THAT NOT BE GOD! HIS TIMING IS PERFECT)....we both cried....said our goodbyes and that was the final door that had to be closed on that whole ordeal.

That is wonderful...but still, I am so so so sorry that happened to you.
When the church fails Christ. So sad.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is wonderful...but still, I am so so so sorry that happened to you.
When the church fails Christ. So sad.
Well I would rather it hadn't but I learned so much from it and am able to share it with others and help open their eyes to the works of the enemy in their lives. It's not so obvious unless you know how he works.
I see it everyday here on the forum...it makes me so angry at him...I want to say so much when I see it but I have to restrain myself because of forum rules...so I just pray.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I would rather it hadn't but I learned so much from it and am able to share it with others and help open their eyes to the works of the enemy in their lives. It's not so obvious unless you know how he works.
I see it everyday here on the forum...it makes me so angry at him...I want to say so much when I see it but I have to restrain myself because of forum rules...so I just pray.

You are right-o. Satan works through people. Can't actually see him, but he has footprints.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for sharing such an important subject that, though not in fear, we all need to be reminded of.
I live in a household with a daughter of a freemason...I'm just beginning to see how the enemy has been attacking me through her for years.

What do you think of the song, "Best Friend," by Yelawolf ft. Eminem?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing such an important subject that, though not in fear, we all need to be reminded of.
I live in a household with a daughter of a freemason...I'm just beginning to see how the enemy has been attacking me through her for years.

What do you think of the song, "Best Friend," by Yelawolf ft. Eminem?

Not a yelawolf listener, but do enjoy Eminems song 'tone deaf'.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe that these are real events that did happen. Though because now of believing after the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Yeshua, by the Father. The Revelation indicates the defeat of Satan, and his angels (demons), and do believe this really did take place and is done which means Satan no longer roams around anymore.

Hello again, Matthew. I keep hearing this doctrine espoused on the forum lately, but I have yet to have anyone discuss it with me.

If you could, tell me what verses you base this belief on. I'd like to discuss it.