Denominations that teach only they will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoting and referencing Scripture speaking of “us”/‘we”, as being “everyone”, is erroneous.
ALL humans who have EVER been born, WILL NOT lay down their natural blood lives for Belief IN the Lord God Almighty.
Right. But you are adding to God’s word and perniciously calling it an error not to do so. This to support a peculiar works based theology.

Those who ‘lay down their natural blood lives for Belief IN the Lord God Almighty’ are not the only ones made in the image of God. Don’t you see the significance of God giving us a new heart, a trustworthy conscience BEFORE we were born, let alone born again?

Our own conscience convicts us. Praise God!

• Haha
Reactions: wrecked

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't this assume that everyone had, or will have a choice?
I don't think that is true.
Everyone has reflexes, instincts and choices.
Routinely, (via our soul / senses / communication capabilities, EVEN babes, communicate via their choices.

Humans are the ones on a discovery journey…God already KNOWS our journey and destiny.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. But you are adding to God’s word and perniciously calling it an error not to do so. This to support a peculiar works based theology.

Those who ‘lay down their natural blood lives for Belief IN the Lord God Almighty’ are not the only ones made in the image of God. Don’t you see the significance of God giving us a new heart, a trustworthy conscience BEFORE we were born, let alone born again?

Our own conscience convicts us. Praise God!
You are on an accusatory circle according to your understanding, not mine.

A new heart is Given AFTER the circumcision of the Natural heart.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just noticed something interesting in that scripture that I had not taken note of prior.
The word "However". (at the beginning of the second sentence)
Who is being referred to in the second sentence?

"However", is defined as:
Nevertheless, nonetheless, even so... (that being the case) Notwithstanding, aside from that...

John 12:32 NIV
And I, when I am lifted up[a] from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
Christ Jesus Drawing “all people” to Himself, IS, by, through, of Knowledge of and about Christ Jesus being spread across the entire Earth.
That knowledge HAS been ongoing (and continues) since Christ Jesus returned to Heaven.

The “intra-net” began as a computer tool between government agencies….and quickly expanded to an “inter-net” that businesses and people at large could participate in expanding communication capabilities among people across the globe.

The explosion of knowledge, even among toddlers capabilities to operate a computer is astounding.

The “inter-net” information for the public at large, was at first “highly” dominated with people’s history (genealogy) and people’s interest and curiosity in individual world wide religious beliefs. Those things still carry a large world wide interest, YET seem to be downplayed, by, through, of design of “search engines”.

Drawing unto Himself is one thing, the Lord Does.
Keeping ones interest is another thing, the individual man Chooses.

And remember, the interest of the MAJORITY of mankind, is to Draw interest of the population at large to follow other men, NOT to follow Christ the Lord.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And now a word . If one claims to believe in God and yet believes not the testimony GOD gave of HIS SON ,
then their belief IS NOT IN GOD .
Remember . GOD said ABRHAM BELIEVED .
many years later when speaking to the unbelieving jews , CHRIST JESUS
brought that reminder to light again .
This did abraham NOT DO . THEY did not believe JESUS CHRIST . you can bet abraham would have .
GOD SAID ABRAHAM BELIEVED . And now a word . IF JESUS SAID , it means GOD SAID .
Exactly taken . And it was counted to abraham for righteousness .
So how you think anyone is gonna be made or counted righteous . GOTTA BELEIVE JESUS CHRIST .
There is no other plan of salvation , no other way to be JUSTIFIED , made righteous , OR BE SAVED .
Now go ahead taken , LIFT THOSE HANDS AND PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD
Ancient men were given KNOWLEDGE of a Messiah, yet knew not His Name.

Ancient men WHO were called IN Belief, Believed IN God, and His Word….yet KNEW NOT the NAME of Gods Word.

Historical men were given the NAME and TITLE of Gods Messiah and Gods Word and His Status;
Christ Jesus, Son of God.

Men can Hear it, Learn it and Choose to Believe it or Not.

God Bless,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ancient men were given KNOWLEDGE of a Messiah, yet knew not His Name.

Ancient men WHO were called IN Belief, Believed IN God, and His Word….yet KNEW NOT the NAME of Gods Word.

Historical men were given the NAME and TITLE of Gods Messiah and Gods Word and His Status;
Christ Jesus, Son of God.

Men can Hear it, Learn it and Choose to Believe it or Not.

God Bless,
Taken
Just leave me to the preaching of the gospel . Seems like everyone is ready to abandon it
and want rather to accept this end time everyones saved line .
As for me , JESUS BE THE ONLY NAME gettting preached . And oh yes i am gonna remind all
that all other paths are false , all other religoins are false . GOTTA believe in JESUS CHRIST
and if one hears and rejects they damned .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The exchanges show otherwise.

So you claim but that is not what the texts states. Why are you adding to God’s word?
Why are you making unfounded accusations?

God FORMS the Body.
A Heart is part of the FORMED Body.
A natural heart of the believing faithful IS Circumcised.
A NEW heart is then given.

I disagree with your assessment that a NEW heart is given a man BEFORE his natural birth.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you adding to God’s word?

Why are you making unfounded accusations?
Totally founded observation. And not an answer to my question.

A new heart is Given AFTER the circumcision of the Natural heart.
Ezekiel 36:26
The Voice
26 I will plant a new heart and new spirit inside of you. I will take out your stubborn, stony heart and give you a willing, tender heart of flesh.

NOTE: The text sayis nothing about "AFTER lay down their natural blood lives for Belief IN the Lord God Almighty.' as you have repeatedly claimed.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind has a similar likeness. Man knows IF he engages in a sexual encounter with a Female, there is a likelihood of a pregnancy.
Man knows within a short time frame IF a pregnancy has occurred. Man prepares a PLACE for that birth expectation. Mankind is keen on expectation of things that child will pick, choose, do, BEFORE the child knows.
That's a pretty modern view.
In Jesus' day, and well before that, it was common for men to own female slaves as concubines.
Only premarital sex and sex with another man's wife was prohibited.

A Bible search in the KJV produces these results.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Totally founded observation. And not an answer to my question.

Ezekiel 36:26
The Voice
26 I will plant a new heart and new spirit inside of you. I will take out your stubborn, stony heart and give you a willing, tender heart of flesh.

NOTE: The text sayis nothing about "AFTER lay down their natural blood lives for Belief IN the Lord God Almighty.' as you have repeatedly claimed.
Not going to explain the OBVIOUS to you…
TAKE your Stoney stubborn heart and GIVE you a Willing tender heart.

Ezek 18: [31] Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezek 36:
[26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Being GIVEN a NEW HEART is indicative of Understanding an OLD HEART existed.

I am not ADDING to Scripture as you claim…nor am I responsible for your Lack of Understanding.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a pretty modern view.
In Jesus' day, and well before that, it was common for men to own female slaves as concubines.
Only premarital sex and sex with another man's wife was prohibited.

A Bible search in the KJV produces these results.
Don’t want to get into a debate about what ancient concubines, harems and slavery meant in different ancient cultures and nations.

Scripture is pretty much straight forward…
Marriage was establish FOR one man and one woman to marry and for either to not marry or engage sexually with another who is already married.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is pretty much straight forward…
Marriage was establish FOR one man and one woman to marry and for either to not marry or engage sexually with another who is already married.
Is there biblical support for that?
Or is it just religious dogma?

There is a requirement for an elder to be man with only wife.
What does that say about everyone else?
Was there a problem with that, or only for a church leader?

I don't recall Jesus scolding the woman at the well either.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being GIVEN a NEW HEART is indicative of Understanding an OLD HEART existed.

I am not ADDING to Scripture as you claim
Amazing. You double down on doing what you claim you are not. Exegesis much? Add to Gods word to your hearts content I suppose, right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where are we going? What's the plan?
Can’t speak for you, however for myself;
IN brief; I am going to physically die, my soul and spirit depart my body and go to heaven, and my corpse rot and return to dust…whereby my soul and spirit will WAIT for my body to be resurrected in a new body, my soul and spirit return to my new body, Return to Earth with the Lord, enter His Kingdom for 1,000 years, Observe the renewing of the Earth and the city of Lights (the New Jerusalem) descend from Heaven….other events….then Judgement…and eternal life with my Lord God.

In the mean time, I read, study, Gods Word, turn to the Lord for His Understanding, Speak the Word of God to willing listeners, provide and maintain care for my own. Lend a helping hand to the needy, and thank God I am able.