Denominations that teach only they will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To hell with everyone else? (I got mine)
Do you have yours? It is something all spiritually reborn people have - it's what makes us 'Christians' and without it one is not a true Christian. If you haven't yet got that blessed assurance then you are either a very new Christian or need somebody to show you the way.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that's not how I think at all, it is blessed assurance. Do you have it? If not then pray for it.
Assurance? Yes.
I'm actually a fan of OSAS.
We cannot by an act of our own free will lose something that we didn't supply in the first place.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have to respectably disagree on your assessment.

God Creates every natural man with a “natural heart”.
You can disagree all you want but your lack of Scripture shows you've been indoctrinated in Jeremiah and have no Biblical response to Ezekiel 36:26 says God gave us a new heart.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Jesus will be the judge on judgment day of everyone or just the saints?

Judgements are OPINIONS based on the Knowledge of one positioned to MAKE Judgements.

The Knowledge of man, of Saints, is LIMITED.
The Knowledge of the Lord God is ENDLESS.
Not really an answer to my question.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can disagree all you want but your lack of Scripture shows you've been indoctrinated in Jeremiah and have no Biblical response to Ezekiel 36:26 says God gave us a new heart.
Bible versus Bible.
Who will win? - LOL
(and who will lose?)

• Haha
Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Assurance? Yes.
We cannot by an act of our own free will lose something that we didn't supply in the first place.
@St. SteVen When I said, 'My destiny is not at risk' your response was, 'To hell with everyone else? (I got mine)' And yet here you are telling me you have the same assurance.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
Assurance? Yes.
@St. SteVen When I said, 'My destiny is not at risk' your response was, 'To hell with everyone else? (I got mine)' And yet here you are telling me you have the same assurance.
That's a great question, thanks.

I have the assurance of ultimate salvation for EVERYONE, not just for myself.
Most Christians have the attitude of: 'To hell with everyone else? (I got mine)'

1 Corinthians 15:22
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have the assurance of ultimate salvation for EVERYONE, not just for myself.
Most Christians have the attitude of: 'To hell with everyone else? (I got mine)'
Well perhaps you're right. I believe that the assurance I have is based on my personal relationship with Jesus.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well perhaps you're right. I believe that the assurance I have is based on my personal relationship with Jesus.
As it should be.

Wouldn't you say that the assurance you have is a result of a biblical truth,
which is confirmed in your personal relationship? (the indwelling Spirit)

So, ultimately based on a promise of God conveyed in the Bible?
The promise of eternal life.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 NIV
Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us,
22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a very interesting view. I haven't heard that before.
What is the difference between a "natural heart" and the mind?
Basic Concept - is about TRUTH.
Individuals have individual “natural” Truths they Believe. THOSE truths, are the “natural” Truths in, of, a mans natural Hearth’s thoughts”, called the “spirit of man”.

* an individual “can” KEEP his own hearts Beliefs (truths) “secret” (unto himself), WHILE, “perpetuating, speaking, agreeing WITH LIES (non-truths), of his “mind”.

* IF and WHEN, an individual “hears, BELIEVES in his “natural” Heart; THAT God IS the Unseen, Heavenly Creator and Maker of all things, and SENT Jesus, and Jesus IS the Christ Messiah, SENT to SAVE mankind, by, through, of Belief in the mans Heart, Submission via the word of that man to Give his “natural” bodily Life, unto DEATH, FOR his natural Hearts Belief….

* THEN, what occurs IS: The Lord God, searches the Heart of THAT man, to see IF the mans WORD of Belief (in his natural heart ie “natural spirit of man” IS true.

* IF, that mans WORD, Be TRUE…
THEN DOES the Lord God “perform” a SPIRITUAL CIRCUMCISION of that mans “natural TRUTH in his HEART”.

In ancient days, (Before the Messiah was revealed, WHO he is, and BEFORE He was SENT to them)…beginning with the Hebrews, “they” made BELIEF covenants with GOD, and “they” performed a “foreskin” circumcision as “their” submission unto the Covenant WITH God.
(The Covenant being, all ABOUT “them” submitting unto God as THEIR GOD, and FOR their submission God Promised “them” Salvation of their soul, and Everlasting LIFE “with God”.)

What “they” did not KNOW or have the UNDERSTANDING thereof, at THAT (ancient) time, IS while they were performing a foreskin circumcision, God was performing a HEART circumcision.

Ancient reference:
Deut. 10:
[16] Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Also…
Deut 30: 14-20

The SPIRITUAL HEART circumcision, is CUTTING OFF, any and all means that would EVER “trick, sway, convince” an individual TO DENY the ONE TRUE Lord God Almighty.

Individuals can hear Gods Word and BELIEVE in their MINDS, and may even say, humm, that makes sense, that seems logical, and THEN hear OTHER words to convince them Gods Word doesn’t make sense, or appear logical.
It’s the MIND that can continuously waver, “change beliefs” moment to moment, day to day, by, through, of….Logical knowledge, Philosophies, Talents of men to convince and even Promise “rewards” for agreeing with a “changed mindful belief”.

THAT ^^ is the state of the WORLD today. Men in powerful sitting positions, Promising Peace, Safety, Comfort, Tangible freebies…
IF a man will “ONLY” “FOLLOW them and DO as they say.”

If it is NOT Gods “order and way”…(that powerful sitting men are promoting)…Gods Warning IS to BE CAUTIOUS, that you don’t fall for their “TEMPTING TRICKERY”.

IF and WHEN an individual man CHOOSES to BELIEVE in the Lord God, and HEARTFULLY submit by his own WORD of submission unto the Lord God…(and his heartful submission (truth in his “natural” heart BE TRUE)….THEN shall the Lord God, circumcise that mans “Natural heart”…GIVE that man “A NEW HEART”, a “NEW TRUTH”,
Which is called: the man being “CONVERTED”.
Which is called: the natural mans natural spirit (ie mans natural TRUTH in his heart) Becoming SPIRITUALLY given A NEW “born again” spiritual spirit, BORN OF GODS SEED.

It is EFFECTED, by, through, of, THE SPIRIT (Power) of God, giving a man a NEW Heart, a New Truth (which IS JESUS), a New SEED (which is Christ), and the “supreme” Power of God who dwells IN that mans New Heart (Christ which IS the Spiritual Power of God).

THAT is called, being BAPTIZED by the Power of God, converted, born again.

THAT is the moment, NO other man, NO demonic fallen Angel CAN by ANY MEANS, convince (by, through, of promises, threats, trickery, temptations) THAT man to ever reject, challenge, stand against the Lord God Almighty.

Ezek 36:
[26] A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Luke 8:
[11] Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Gal 3:
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

A few References:
Matt 18:3
Mark 4:12
Gal 3:27-27
Gal 3:29

1 John 1:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his (Gods) seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1John.4

[7] Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1John.5

[1] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ isborn of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

[4] For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

[18] We know that whosoever is born of Godsinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

God WILL change a willing mans HEART, a man SPIRIT.
It is thereafter the mans responsibility to change his own MIND to be conformed to the mans HEARTS thoughts.
(Called having a MIND “like” Christ.)
And a man who IS born again, has the Supreme power of God IN him, to accomplish, MAKING his natural MIND conform to the Thoughts of his Heart.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen ~

NOT EVERYONE shall be SAVED.
(THAT would be FORCED, without a man making his own Freewill Choosing).

Salvation is OFFERED to EVERYONE, “WHO” has NOT made a “Commitment TO SATAN”.

An OFFERING, (be it a Bank who offers free checking IF you agree to open an account with them, be it a Nation who offers Citizenship IF you agree to assimilate and make your allegiance to that Nations laws and customs…….etc.)

An OFFERING, always has TERMS.
The TERMS, are the Caveats (the “IF’S) Established BY the one who IS making the Offering, which ARE the Requirements an individual is freely Willing to Agree and Abide by.

God has made an OFFERING to mankind of an ETERNAL LIFE “WITH” God.
God has ESTABLISHED the TERMS.
Individual Living men ARE individually given their own OPTION to freely and willingly AGREE and SUBMIT to Gods TERMS…or NOT.

Those who CHOOSE, to NOT agree or submit to Gods TERMS, are NOT forced to become SAVED, born again, and WITH God forever.

Certainly, God should Desire all men to be converted, stand With Him and be With Him forever…but He forces No one.

Certainly, Men who ARE converted, should Desire all men to stand With God, and be With God forever….but Men can force No one, to do that.

Natural born human men (born of a human mans seed) HAVE ZERO say so in becoming naturally born.)

Supernatural born human men (born of Gods Seed) have ALL the say so to Accept or Reject becoming born again of the Seed of God.

Of ALL the human men EVER naturally born FEW shall Accept Gods Offering (according to His Terms, called Gods Order and Way) and MAKE a committed Standing WITH God.

An offering is one thing.
An individual Accepting the offering is another thing.

Glory to God,
Taken

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God WILL change a willing mans HEART, a man SPIRIT.
It is thereafter the mans responsibility to change his own MIND to be conformed to the mans HEARTS thoughts.
(Called having a MIND “like” Christ.)
And a man who IS born again, has the Supreme power of God IN him, to accomplish, MAKING his natural MIND conform to the Thoughts of his Heart.
Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed explanation of the natural heart.
In your view, is the natural heart different than our God-given human conscience?
This scripture relates to that.

Romans 2:14-16 NIV
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law,
do by nature things required by the law,
they are a law for themselves,
even though they do not have the law.
15 They show that the requirements of the law
are written on their hearts,
their consciences also bearing witness,
and their thoughts sometimes accusing them
and at other times even defending them.)
16 This will take place on the day
when God judges people’s secrets
through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOT EVERYONE shall be SAVED.
(THAT would be FORCED, without a man making his own Freewill Choosing).
I believe everyone is already saved. (in reference to the afterlife)

I disagree with the free-will choice doctrine as it relates to salvation.
I do accept free will to accept/reject a relationship with God in this life.
I believe the Atonement was complete. The death penalty for all of humankind has been paid.

1 John 2:2 NIV
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“US” is subjective.
All humans are born OF a mans seed.
NOT ALL humans ACCEPT God Almighty as “their god”.
A “NEW HEART” is GIVEN by God TO MEN, WHO, willing Commit unto the Lord God, by willingly giving their LIFE unto Death FOR their belief IN the Lord God, and GOD THEN gives “THEM” a NEW SEED (Gods Seed), and a NEW HEART, and a NEW SPIRIT.

Order and Way is effected by Men submitting unto God “according to Gods Order and Way”.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really an answer to my question.
I responded to your statement….that God gives “US” a new heart.

That is TRUE, “WHEN” “US” is defined by only those who give their bodily life unto death for their heartful true believe IN the Lord God.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed explanation of the natural heart.
In your view, is the natural heart different than our God-given human conscience?
This scripture relates to that.

Romans 2:14-16 NIV
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law,
do by nature things required by the law,
they are a law for themselves,
even though they do not have the law.
15 They show that the requirements of the law
are written on their hearts,
their consciences also bearing witness,
and their thoughts sometimes accusing them
and at other times even defending them.)
16 This will take place on the day
when God judges people’s secrets
through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

I believe God, created a body from dust, and called that creation (an animal) and created a body from dust, and called that creation (a man). And thereafter God CREATED (animals, which is not the topic perse’, but is similar to man)….God then MADE such CREATIONS “alive”, via HIS own breath being BLOWN INTO said Creations.

Thus the CREATING and MAKING (ignoring the animal aspect)….is that which Establishes a Human mans created BODY and made SOUL.

The BODY has the same elements as does the EARTH, the habitat of man, from which the man was CREATED, and the THINGS IN the EARTH, (metals, minerals, vitamins, nutrients, water), which are those things that sustain the health of the body, it’s systems, it’s organs, bones, tissues, etc.

The SOUL (Gods Breath), gives LIFE to the body, and the body mantiains it mortal PHYSICAL LIFE via it’s habitat (EARTH).

The SOUL is equated with the BODY’S SENSES…
The created EARS, do nothing without the SENSE to HEAR.
The created EYES, do nothing without the SENSE to SEE.
The created FLESH, does nothing without the SENSE of TOUCH.
The created TONGUE, MOUTH, does nothing without the SENSE of TASTE, utterance of noise, speech.
The created NOSE, does nothing without the SENSE of SMELL.

I believe God having given a CREATED BODY, a soul, is Gods ORDER and WAY, to begin a new borns, ie a natural born mortal man, A WAY tO COMMUNICATE, via, touch, sight, hearing, smelling, tasting………and that those SAME SENSES, become PARAMOUNT as a babe grows, matures, and BEGINS LEARNING ABOUT GOD and ALL the things He has CREATED, (that do not have a soul)…
The sky, a water fall, flowers, oceans, mountains, etc. have “no soul”, but humans WITH a soul, can ENJOY such of Gods Creations, by, through, of their souls.

As well, it is by, through, of a mans soul, the man has the ability to form a personal relationship WITH other men AND with the Lord God.

Some men Choose to form a relationship with some men, and reject forming relationships with other men.

Some men Choose to form a relationship with God, while Choosing to reject to form a relationship with God.

I believe VIA the SOUL, in the body, IS means by which men can COMMUNICATE, with other men AND GOD.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@St. SteVen

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Isa 43:
[7] Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

Isa 57:
[16] For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

Created and Made, two different things.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe everyone is already saved. (in reference to the afterlife)

I disagree with the free-will choice doctrine as it relates to salvation.
I do accept free will to accept/reject a relationship with God in this life.
I believe the Atonement was complete. The death penalty for all of humankind has been paid.

1 John 2:2 NIV
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

I believe everyone is naturally born of a mans seed, WITHOUT the one being born having any say in the matter.

I believe everyone naturally born has the OPTION to freely Choose to believe IN God and Commit by their own Word their belief… or not.

It’s a matter of a natural birth, without a choice, and a spiritual birth that expressly requires an individuals choice.

A forced LOVE is not a TRUE LOVE.
God requires the TRUE LOVE of a man.
God having the POWER to MAKE a man LOVE him, is NOT TRUE LOVE.

The decision for a mortal man to LOVE God, is completely the individual mans choice.

The CAVEAT IS: Any man WHO DOES SO CHOOSE to heartfully commit unto God…
THEN it is by, through, of Gods POWER, He WILL Keep that mans LOVE for God, in tact, and constant, forever.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No hope for Satanists?
I think I have heard some conversion stories. ???

A follower is one thing…
A commitment is another thing.

Men can FOLLOW Christ’s teachings and BELIEVE His teachings as they are FOLLOWING along.

Men can FOLLOW Satanist’s teachings and BELIEVE their teachings as they are FOLLOWING along.

The KEY is “commitment”. Typically a ceremony of sorts, a VOW of commitment, onlooking Witnesses. Which is a type of “INDUCTION”, that puts the “SEAL” upon those individuals.

Individuals “SEALED” in the Lord God, are permanently “KEPT sealed unto the Lord God, BY the Power of God.

Individuals “SEALED” unto Satan, are permanently “KEPT sealed unto Satan, BY the Power of God.

God shall ONLY “justify” to “claim”, “redeem” unto Himself those “SEALED” unto Him.

God shall give unto Satan, those “SEALED” unto Satan.

God IS JUST…everyone shall receive what THEY choose to “commit” to.

Glory to God,
Taken