Depression

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, I honestly do wish you were capable of having a rational discussion about how we actually are NOT protecting our children yet.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Dairy, for adults, can affect almost EVERYTHING. It, along with sugar, are possibly the worst things we can put in our bodies.
sugar is just pure carbohydrate, nothing wrong with sugar per se, weird as that sounds.
It is really only poison to those who consume little or nothing else i guess, and then compound the mistake by not burning any of it off? Glycemic index is likely more important.

there are about 25% of the world pop that continues to produce lactase into adulthood, but i doubt that is anyone reading this. Milk products are a great thing for most ppl to avoid imo; consume cheese instead. From raw milk, not the poison in the grocery store.

the links for dairy and depression are pretty well known now; or at least one highlight/search can reveal them i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sugar is just pure carbohydrate, nothing wrong with sugar per se, weird as that sounds.
It is really only poison to those who consume little or nothing else i guess, and then compound the mistake by not burning any of it off? Glycemic index is likely more important
Sugar has been found to be one of the main things cancer feeds off of.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's right. Sugar has received a bad rap for no good reason, but carbohydrates are as essential as proteins and fats.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, I honestly do wish you were capable of having a rational discussion about how we actually are NOT protecting our children yet.

What does that have to do with this discussion? Nothing. Which is all your are contributing.

By the way, are you 'inflaming' or 'baiting' with these remarks?

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Good night...dairy products causing depression? Give me a break. Depression is caused by life and ones recognition that it isn't good. It is a spiritual thing. Every thing always changing. People you knew dying. You moving forward to die yourself. Your understanding that things are wrong that are done, yet there is nothing you can do to change any of it.

I have always said, if your depressed, your thinking is right. It is those who act like they are on top of the world, and everything is going great are lying to themselves. Jesus was called a 'man of sorrows'. He was no 'good time charly'.

The believer in Christ knows what he can do and what he can't. And to those things he can't, he leaves to God. It is God's problem. Should you be depressed about it?....of course. But because you know God is in control of it, there is no need to be depressed. If you don't believe God is in control of it,...that is depression.

Stranger
I agree with what you've said Stranger...but what you're talking about is sadness or feeling low or realizing what reality is and facing up to it. I'm not sure of a name I could give it.

Depression, OTOH, is a clinical sickness. It's like having any other sickness that can be treated. It can be triggered by an event in life, but sooner or later it would have come about anyway.

It doesn't really have a cause ... not in the way you're expressing up above.
It's real cause is lack of seratonin in the brain. This brings on depression.

Knowing God is a real help, but it will not make it go away anymore than God will make pneumonia go away...if it does, it's a miracle.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with what you've said Stranger...but what you're talking about is sadness or feeling low or realizing what reality is and facing up to it. I'm not sure of a name I could give it.

Depression, OTOH, is a clinical sickness. It's like having any other sickness that can be treated. It can be triggered by an event in life, but sooner or later it would have come about anyway.

It doesn't really have a cause ... not in the way you're expressing up above.
It's real cause is lack of seratonin in the brain. This brings on depression.

Knowing God is a real help, but it will not make it go away anymore than God will make pneumonia go away...if it does, it's a miracle.

Of course depression has a cause. It is life. Sorry, I don't buy your 'clinical sickness'.

What I said was the believer who knows God, and knows that He is in control of all these things which lead to depression, will remove that depression from the believer.

The person who does not have that faith in God, whose theology is flawed and man centered, has no help from God, and is depressed.

Stranger

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You left out "positively" after "EVERYTHING". Dairy products are some of the most beneficial and enjoyable foods, hence "the land of milk and honey" was given to Israel.
milk and honey are spiritual references in that context anyway, but also mid-easterners have a lot higher incidence of lactase production into adulthood i guess. If you do not produce lactase any longer, i would at least contemplate that as a sign.

Homogenized, pasteurized milk is pretty much just poison, regardless

Last edited:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Of course depression has a cause. It is life. Sorry, I don't buy your 'clinical sickness'.

What I said was the believer who knows God, and knows that He is in control of all these things which lead to depression, will remove that depression from the believer.

The person who does not have that faith in God, whose theology is flawed and man centered, has no help from God.

Stranger
It's comments such as yours that send believers in a tizzy.
Have you ever been depressed?
It's not MY "clinical sickness" idea.
Maybe you could read up on it...or speak to someone that has it.

Try praying with them for it to go away.
And then when it doesn't go away, BLAME THEM for not having enough faith.

What nonsense!
Are you of the Word of Faith movement?
Everything wrong is blamed on the believer...this is a great way to encourage persons, don't you think? Just blame the fact that they don't have enough faith.

So...if depression is not real...why do pills cure it?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's comments such as yours that send believers in a tizzy.
Have you ever been depressed?
It's not MY "clinical sickness" idea.
Maybe you could read up on it...or speak to someone that has it.

Try praying with them for it to go away.
And then when it doesn't go away, BLAME THEM for not having enough faith.

What nonsense!
Are you of the Word of Faith movement?
Everything wrong is blamed on the believer...this is a great way to encourage persons, don't you think? Just blame the fact that they don't have enough faith.

Pills and drugs cure a lot of things...till they wear off.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
When all we had was faith?

Stranger
How far back would you like to go?
Do you have a daughter? Maybe she could birth her baby without an epidural?
Maybe someone could have their leg cut off without anesthesia?
Maybe my husband would already be dead from Parkinson's?

What are you saying Stranger??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How far back would you like to go?
Do you have a daughter? Maybe she could birth her baby without an epidural?
Maybe someone could have their leg cut off without anesthesia?
Maybe my husband would already be dead from Parkinson's?

What are you saying Stranger??

We are talking about 'depression'.

And, nothing we do is going to keep us alive down here forever.

Stranger

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
We are talking about 'depression'.

And, nothing we do is going to keep us alive down here forever.

Stranger
Ha!
I don't want to be alive down here forever.
But, while I'm here, I'd LOVE not to be depressed.
If God can help me, fine.
If I need a pill, fine.
If I have a headache I'll take a pill...
etc.

I don't think persons that want to heal necessarily want to live forever.
Been hearing about some robot thing, can't think of the name right now...people that want to live forever. I think it's sick. I think we're near the end. But I do not believe in suffering. And depression causes A LOT of suffering.

Must go.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha!
I don't want to be alive down here forever.
But, while I'm here, I'd LOVE not to be depressed.
If God can help me, fine.
If I need a pill, fine.
If I have a headache I'll take a pill...
etc.

I don't think persons that want to heal necessarily want to live forever.
Been hearing about some robot thing, can't think of the name right now...people that want to live forever. I think it's sick. I think we're near the end. But I do not believe in suffering. And depression causes A LOT of suffering.

Must go.

And God can help you.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many drugs can cause temporary euphoria.The world turns to alcohol and drugs to relieve depression. That is not a cure.

Depression is the result of allowing our minds to dwell on problems and generate negativity. However, since there is always a solution to every problem, focus on solutions which lead to action will drive away depressed thoughts.

Reactions: Mayflower