Derision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I was brought up a catholic, because mum was a catholic, because her mum was a catholic and so on, and so it is with many, go to church because it is ingrained into them for others its a house of fun, entertainment, but everything after "pentecost" was by teh Spirit all before was teh flesh. Many choose to remain in teh flesh, not God doing, but it does all have something to do with this

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

and

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

so we much choose, mens religion, teh great harlot and her daughters or Jesus..

You take a white stick and put it into a red tin of paint what colour does it become, and so it is with us, whatever we submit ourselves to will stick to us. So ill stick to Jesus so His righteousness can be bestowed upon me,
Are you saying the CC is the great harlot?
I don't believe this. I believe they have some doctrine I can't agree with, but they also have many teachings I find nowhere else.

I'll tell you a church I dislike: The Word of Faith churches. They do harm to Christians; making them expect things that they will not get and that are not of God. Eventually they get disappointment and turn away from God (many, not all).

Reformed, or Calvinist churches. They make God into a monster.

Don't hate all "religion" and churches because you had a bad experience with one.

I do agree that we should stick to Jesus and not a church. (small c)
Some need them more than others. We all should have one that we could attend when we want to.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Actually I prefer that which is defined by God, God doesnt fit into mans ideas or concepts, "reasonings" , Man made a box, called it Christianity, stuck God in it, than demanded He dance for them, and He wont, and than when people refuse to be defined by mens rules they get castigated, a big word dont know where that came from even spelt it right. Your God is defined by your reasoning, your religion, your understanding and your doctrines, if you want to find out who God is, why dont you simply ask Him,?? Than when your life gets screwed up as He show you who He is, you wont need to define him by wrote.
I also agree that God will not be put into a box.
BUT, what do you think YOU know about God that we here don't?
Honest question.
Could you enlighten us?

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He has some good points.
Maybe God is a little bit of everything.
Have you reconciled his Sovereignty with our free will?
Sometimes prayers ARE answered and the Word of Faith become correct.
He HAS chosen some for specific works. So a little of Calvinism is correct.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmmm. Don't we all have SOME of those qualities?
that article is not explaining very well any more the nature of reliance that a codependent has emotionally upon others. A man lying to his partner about "do i look fat in this dress?" is being codependent, is being drawn into a codependent exchange, if her self esteem relies on his answer.

and yes, in developed countries especially, codependence is fostered by the state, who wants codependents, and an interdependent person might easily slip into codependency around a certain parent or whatever, lying to keep the peace, or lying for them to cover, several diff ways

Reactions: GodsGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your God is defined by your reasoning, your religion, your understanding and your doctrines, if you want to find out who God is, why dont you simply ask Him,?
thing is, it seems that you have been called into judgement of others, which i understand we are on a forum specifically discussing this, so it can be hard to separate, and i certainly get the negative reaction to organized religion, but tbh i put this more on the hearer than the institution, at least nowadays

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
that article is not explaining very well any more the nature of reliance that a codependent has emotionally upon others. A man lying to his partner about "do i look fat in this dress?" is being codependent, is being drawn into a codependent exchange, if her self esteem relies on his answer.

and yes, in developed countries especially, codependence is fostered by the state, who wants codependents, and an interdependent person might easily slip into codependency around a certain parent or whatever, lying to keep the peace, or lying for them to cover, several diff ways
You know too much!
How do you stay happy???

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't believe this. I believe they have some doctrine I can't agree with, but they also have many teachings I find nowhere else.

I'll tell you a church I dislike: The Word of Faith churches. They do harm to Christians; making them expect things that they will not get and that are not of God. Eventually they get disappointment and turn away from God (many, not all).

Reformed, or Calvinist churches. They make God into a monster.

Don't hate all "religion" and churches because you had a bad experience with one.

I do agree that we should stick to Jesus and not a church. (small c)
Some need them more than others. We all should have one that we could attend when we want to.
funny to me, the perspective we have of churches, their function, v the reality, i bet there are even comparisons of the fall of church to the Israelites in the Promised Land; hmm, not as many as i thought, but anyway, imo that is what church is for, mostly, to learn the law (even as they purport to teach grace, preach out of the NT; after recruiting in fear), and to watch the law fail, which might be likened to the "down" cycle most every church experiences at times (if there is any grace there at all anyway)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
funny to me, the perspective we have of churches, their function, v the reality, i bet there are even comparisons of the fall of church to the Israelites in the Promised Land; hmm, not as many as i thought, but anyway, imo that is what church is for, mostly, to learn the law (even as they purport to teach grace, preach out of the NT; after recruiting in fear), and to watch the law fail, which might be likened to the "down" cycle most every church experiences at times (if there is any grace there at all anyway)
You kind of have to go to church but not allow them to put you under bondage.
Maybe this is what @mjrhealth is always talking about.
Jesus comes first, the church comes second.
?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus comes first, the church comes second.
i guess everyone would agree there, right; only many will cry Lord, Lord
and i cannot help but be sceptical whenever i hear someone saying that they joyfully embrace Christ in all His aspects,
and we should just follow them? This is why i seek to be disagreeable in a sense lol, not looking for followers. The truth is usually disagreeable, we have sayings about this, a la "whenever you find yourself in agreement with the herd..." etc

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i guess everyone would agree there, right; only many will cry Lord, Lord
and i cannot help but be sceptical whenever i hear someone saying that they joyfully embrace Christ in all His aspects,
and we should just follow them? This is why i seek to be disagreeable in a sense lol, not looking for followers. The truth is usually disagreeable, we have sayings about this, a la "whenever you find yourself in agreement with the herd..." etc
Who do you mean by "follow THEM"?
I follow the Lord.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You cannot serve someone out of fear.
The CC has realised this and is trying to change.
Only love can work.
Only by loving another can we do for them.
Money can't do it and fear can't do.
I know this for sure.
If it's out of fear the heart will still be the same.
If it's for money the heart will still be the same.
Jesus demands a change of heart...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
them being whomever is forwarding some belief of theirs that they posit no one else is following?
I don't follow persons.
I went to two churches that taught me a lot.
I like theologians. (the ones I agree with!)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bad experience, all I got out of religion is it taught me everything God is not. Ever bothered to read about teh history of the
catholic church and where all these religions come from, none of them are from God its all mens hands.

Like I said, Come out of her my people,

So many called out, but dont know what to do, because religion has not prepared them for there walk alone with Jesus. There is His "ecclesia" and the Harlot, choose to which you will be joined, that is a decision you must make. This bit

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

To make it easy, if Jesus is a white stick and mens religions
RC - red
Jw - blue
SDA - pink
Morman - green and so on

What colour would you prefer to stain your garment.