Derision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
BUT, what do you think YOU know about God that we here don't?
Honest question.
Could you enlighten us?
Have you veer asked Him, God show yourself to me, do you desire to know God, you can only do it by experiencing Him, He can teach you much if you are willing to give Him a go. As I said before, a glass filled needs to be emptied before it can be filled, if its filled with your, wisdom, your understanding, your knowledge, than God has to empty it all out, so He can fill you with, his wisdom, His understanding His truth, and if you have religion and its doctrines in teh mix, than that has to go to..More of Him and less of you, question is are you willing , very few learned people are, it is hard for them to say. God I know nothing teach me", and believe me when he starts, you will say, " i really dont know anything".

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bad experience, all I got out of religion is it taught me everything God is not. Ever bothered to read about teh history of the
catholic church and where all these religions come from, none of them are from God its all mens hands.

Like I said, Come out of her my people,

So many called out, but dont know what to do, because religion has not prepared them for there walk alone with Jesus. There is His "ecclesia" and the Harlot, choose to which you will be joined, that is a decision you must make. This bit

1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

To make it easy, if Jesus is a white stick and mens religions
RC - red
Jw - blue
SDA - pink
Morman - green and so on

What colour would you prefer to stain your garment.

The same Apostle (or his scribe) who wrote the above verses also said many things about the church of God, which you hate.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The same Apostle (or his scribe) who wrote the above verses also said many things about the church of God, which you hate.
Oh dont be so offended, I hate all religion equally, and are you going to be the one to tell all those abused children in your religion, its Gods church, or those Jews and christians that where murdered by her the same, much blood has being spilled by all religions as has much abuse surfaced, and it will fall, none of its from God, Jesus will have an "ecclesia", bride, spotless without blemish, He has only one bride not 30 000

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh dont be so offended, I hate all religion equally, and are you going to be the one to tell all those abused children in your religion, its Gods church, or those Jews and christians that where murdered by her the same, much blood has being spilled by all religions as has much abuse surfaced, and it will fall, none of its from God, Jesus will have an "ecclesia", bride, spotless without blemish, He has only one bride not 30 000

You claim to belong to the Christian religion according to your profile.
Me too.
Why do you belong to a religion you hate?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You claim to belong to the Christian religion according to your profile.
Me too.
Why do you belong to a religion you hate?
You are so much fun. laugh a minute, still firing blanks. Dont belong to a religion belong to Christ He is not a religion.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so much fun. laugh a minute, still firing blanks. Dont belong to a religion belong to Christ He is not a religion.

God thinks highly of religion: (from James1)
26. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God thinks highly of religion: (from James1)
26. If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless. 27. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.
You mean James thinks Highly of religion, you can Have it would rather Jesus, religion saved no man. Dont you have anything better to do with your life, all you ever seem to do is come here belittle people than run away, is that it...

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean James thinks Highly of religion, you can Have it would rather Jesus, religion saved no man. Dont you have anything better to do with your life, all you ever seem to do is come here belittle people than run away, is that it...

It is not James. It is the Word of God.
I do not mean to belittle you, or anyone.
I think the Bible is the Word of God, and most Christians think so too.
I think the Bible explains our obligation to meet with other Christians, an ecclesia, the Church.
I'll stop commenting on your posts.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is not James. It is the Word of God.
I do not mean to belittle you, or anyone.
I think the Bible is the Word of God, and most Christians think so too.
I think the Bible explains our obligation to meet with other Christians, an ecclesia, the Church.
I'll stop commenting on your posts.
God never said it, James did, was it the holy Spirit that inspired Peter to say,

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

so that Jesus could rebuke him

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Teh bible is teh bible Jesus is the word of God come in teh flesh which many prefer teh bible before, that makes it an idol in the hearts of men.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
many prefer teh bible before, that makes it an idol in the hearts of men.
imo we should reflect upon the evidence that these say they prefer the Book, but then when you bring the Book to them they run from It; making your assertion there not really true imo. Not to blow my own horn, but for instance Stranger will not even talk to me anymore, yet all i do is ask questions lol.

i understand why you reject the Book ok, but if you just reject the counterfeit interpretations (iow understand what Paul really meant @ "absent from the body," which is not at all what one's pastor means, almost universally), you will see that the Book provides any rebuttal needed

Glen55

Sep 4, 2015
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Jesus used scorn and derision on those who rejected his message.
For us we need to use these very sparingly. We are not in the buisness of winning arguments or scoring points, but of presenting Jesus as Saviour to a lost people.
I would see the scorn as more of a fruit of reaping what had been sown by their unbelief, the law of judging by good and evil/appearances reaps a harvest within the heart, even the unspoken secret thoughts come under the law of thought police, taking no thought concerning appearances or need makes you invisible to them.
Did Jesus teach us to use derision as a tool to witness? It seems to me that baiting others to challenge the truth we are trying to promote fosters pride rather than sowing love, yet I see it all over the Internet (to be fair, this site has really improved and I recognize my negative role in past conversations here).

It is a difficult issue because our culture is built on the dialectic - in order to introduce information we are taught to point out what we believe to be wrong about the status quo. Unfortunately, this method can result in ignoring similarities and blowing differences out of proportion. I remember having a difficult time listening to sermons because I thought it was my job to root out all heresy, mistakes, and molehills spoken from the pulpit - Hell was a jot and tittle away, after all.

So, are we called to use mockery in our witness? Bait others to promote the Kingdom? Hell is scary - does it call for and ends justify the means approach?
Judging by appearance/good and evil is a blind sword that cuts both ways, its wounded include the great and small who use that method.

Reactions: Richard_oti

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would see the scorn as more of a fruit of reaping what had been sown by their unbelief, the law of judging by good and evil/appearances reaps a harvest within the heart, even the unspoken secret thoughts come under the law of thought police, taking no thought concerning appearances or need makes you invisible to them

We have not yet been appointed as judges over the nations.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the water was turned into wine, not emptied, so could you provide some Scrip for this pov, it would help, ty
Did you not notice the vessels where emptied before He filled them. How can God fill you if you are filled with yourself?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Did you not notice the vessels where emptied before He filled them. How can God fill you if you are filled with yourself?
um, i don't think they were emptied, on the run now myself, can you quote that? i don't believe you can, if memery of a previous study there serves me right. The vessels were full of cleansing water, good water for washing, iow, and not emptied, i think anyway