Derision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he means that we need to know God and not the bible....
How does one reject ALL doctrine???
It's so difficult to discuss spiritual matters. We don't all have the same language.

Mjr likes to make use of doctrines, the Bible, and concepts about God that are definded by Christianity, but he rejects organized religion and promotes a faith that stands alone.

He reminds me of a person who crusades against animal cruelty over a hamburger because he has no idea it comes from a cow

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Sorry make it simpler. ever seeing those Karate movies, when the sensei, has his boastful apprentice sitting at the fire, He gives the apprentice a empty glass, and tells him to hold it, than proceeds to fill that glass with water till it overflows, which greatly upsets the apprentice, than the sensei takes teh glass and empty's it, and says to teh apprentice, "when you come to me like this glass, than you will be ready to be taught".

To put i simpler, it is hard for God to change what we already have convinced our selves is truth, even to the point of telling God He is wrong, you would be surprised how many do that.

It like cars, our cars have teh indicators on teh right wipers on teh left. I one got to drive a European car. which made me the joke of my Kids, because teh wipers where on the right and the indicators on the left. so every time i went to indicate I started teh wipers, damned annoying but teh kids though it funny.

It is hard to unconvince the brain of what it is already convinced of, try it one day.
OK.
I know what you mean.
But WHO originally convinced my brain if I had never read the bible?
Eventually, in life, we DO have to come to some conclusion of what we believe.

For instance, I believe salvation can be lost if we abandon God and go on about our secular business and sinful life.

Do YOU agree with this? Why or why not?
See what I mean. I don't really want you to answer that here, but YOU also MUST have some doctrinal beliefs.

You can't believe everything!

BTW, the windshield wipers control belongs on the RIGHT.
(see what I mean! It's all relative to what we're brainwashed with)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Mjr likes to make use of doctrines, the Bible, and concepts about God that are definded by Christianity, but he rejects organized religion and promotes a faith that stands alone.

He reminds me of a person who crusades against animal cruelty over a hamburger because he has no idea it comes from a cow
Oh. Well we should belong to a church. Small c.
We need the fellowship. We need to be with others that believe as we do.
Jesus said so. He started a life pattern, a way to live, but He also started a church. At the Last Supper He instituted the Mass.
At the home of one of the disciples on the Road to Emmaus, He broke bread for the first time and had communion with them.
Luke 22
Luke 24:30-31

Jesus said to do this often.
1 Corinthians 11:25

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but he rejects organized religion
Guess who organized it, none of it is from God, all men building there temple to heaven, for many who have " position" simply are unwiling to give up there position for Gods sake.

Like this

Luk 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them,
Luk 14:8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
Luk 14:9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
Luk 14:10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Luk 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

teh devil loves religion, far easier to controll a crowd in one room.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
She's not a member of my household.
Thank God.
She scared me.
(if that's what you meant)
ha, well thank goodness i guess, huh?

but i would encourage a broader def of "household" than the surface one intimated by Scripture, generally speaking at least.
except to an Italian, who has a different concept of family than most people do

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha, well thank goodness i guess, huh?

but i would encourage a broader def of "household" than the surface one intimated by Scripture, generally speaking at least.
except to an Italian, who has a different concept of family than most people do
By household did you mean all of humanity?
How far does this household of yours go??
I do have limits you know!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
How to Tell if You Are Codependent
this has almost been edited into crap now, but will serve i guess

too much info
ha i doubt it, but then anyone could be, sometimes. Anyone might get codependent in certain situations, around certain ppl, etc.
Hmmm. Don't we all have SOME of those qualities?
I guess I'd have to compare it with that other thingy that I also can't remember what it's called...
interdependent??

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Guess who organized it, none of it is from God, all men building there temple to heaven, for many who have " position" simply are unwiling to give up there position for Gods sake.

Like this

Luk 14:7 And he put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them,
Luk 14:8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him;
Luk 14:9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room.
Luk 14:10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Luk 14:11 For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

teh devil loves religion, far easier to controll a crowd in one room.
OK. I see what you mean.
Spirit is of God.
Religion is of man.
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.
The relationship is with Jesus. Good.
But I find it necessary to mingle with other Christians.
That's why I'm writing here right now. Because I live in Italy and I love catholics, some are saved (go figure) but there is a slight difference I don't quite get.

So, yeah. I think we DO need a church. I'll go to Mass every now and then. I miss my church from NY.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's why I'm writing here right now. Because I live in Italy and I love catholics, some are saved (go figure) but there is a slight difference I don't quite get.
I was brought up a catholic, because mum was a catholic, because her mum was a catholic and so on, and so it is with many, go to church because it is ingrained into them for others its a house of fun, entertainment, but everything after "pentecost" was by teh Spirit all before was teh flesh. Many choose to remain in teh flesh, not God doing, but it does all have something to do with this

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

and

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

so we much choose, mens religion, teh great harlot and her daughters or Jesus..

You take a white stick and put it into a red tin of paint what colour does it become, and so it is with us, whatever we submit ourselves to will stick to us. So ill stick to Jesus so His righteousness can be bestowed upon me,

Reactions: GodsGrace

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was brought up a catholic, because mum was a catholic, because her mum was a catholic and so on, and so it is with many, go to church because it is ingrained into them for others its a house of fun, entertainment, but everything after "pentecost" was by teh Spirit all before was teh flesh. Many choose to remain in teh flesh, not God doing, but it does all have something to do with this

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

and

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

so we much choose, mens religion, teh great harlot and her daughters or Jesus..

You take a white stick and put it into a red tin of paint what colour does it become, and so it is with us, whatever we submit ourselves to will stick to us. So ill stick to Jesus so His righteousness can be bestowed upon me,

Sorry your post is too religious for me to read and accept

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You only get so many in a day....

Oh really! See, never too old to learn something new. :)
This site is very generous...one Site I have been on a person can only "like" three per day!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry your post is too religious for me to read and accept
Could care less Aspen we all make our choices, Jesus would love that all would come to Him as I said, cant help it if men prefer to follow after men. How many men do you need between you and Jesus.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus would love that all would come to Him as I said, cant help it if men prefer to follow after men.

How do you know? Because you learned it from organized religion - sorry too religious for me

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know? Because you learned it from organized religion - sorry too religious for me
Maybe this bit

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

you know

Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

is that too religious for you, Yo must love Japanese food, Sarcy Asm seem to be your favourite.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mjr likes to make use of doctrines, the Bible, and concepts about God that are definded by Christianity,
Actually I prefer that which is defined by God, God doesnt fit into mans ideas or concepts, "reasonings" , Man made a box, called it Christianity, stuck God in it, than demanded He dance for them, and He wont, and than when people refuse to be defined by mens rules they get castigated, a big word dont know where that came from even spelt it right. Your God is defined by your reasoning, your religion, your understanding and your doctrines, if you want to find out who God is, why dont you simply ask Him,?? Than when your life gets screwed up as He show you who He is, you wont need to define him by wrote.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I prefer that which is defined by God, God doesnt fit into mans ideas or concepts, "reasonings" , Man made a box, called it Christianity, stuck God in it, than demanded He dance for them, and He wont, and than when people refuse to be defined by mens rules they get castigated, a big word dont know where that came from even spelt it right. Your God is defined by your reasoning, your religion, your understanding and your doctrines, if you want to find out who God is, why dont you simply ask Him,?? Than when your life gets screwed up as He show you who He is, you wont need to define him by wrote.

Sigh