Describe your yard or garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I love Hawaii. Haven't been for many years. The first visit (1970) I spent a month on Oahu. Afterwards I saved up and took my mom....we saw Kauai, Maui, Oahu and the Big Island of Hawaii.

Love Kauai the most because it is so lush.
I've only visited Kauai. It was wonderful and the beaches were great! You must have some fond memories of Hawaii.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very brief. It's the fountain and pond at the outdoor shopping complex The Grove, Los Angeles....next to the old Farmer's Market.

The Grove also has a free double decker trolley you can ride.

Reactions: Ritajanice

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is very brief. It's the fountain and pond at the outdoor shopping complex The Grove, Los Angeles....next to the old Farmer's Market.

The Grove also has a free double decker trolley you can ride.
That's pretty great. Reminds me of Disney land for some reason. They should put Gold Fish in the pond :)

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've only visited Kauai. It was wonderful and the beaches were great! You must have some fond memories of Hawaii.

I do. I first went there because I had a pen pal there. She lived on Oahu. Her dad worked at a smaller hotel so I got a room there. After awhile I got a studio apartment by the Ala Wai Canal, Waikiki. Only spent a month but my pen pal took me all over sightseeing. It was great.

This is Nuuanu Pali, a lookout point which offers tremendous views of Oahu. It really was windy when I was there.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do. I first went there because I had a pen pal there. She lived on Oahu. Her dad worked at a smaller hotel so I got a room there. After awhile I got a studio apartment by the Ala Wai Canal, Waikiki. Only spent a month but my pen pal took me all over sightseeing. It was great.

This is Nuuanu Pali, a lookout point which offers tremendous views of Oahu. It really was windy when I was there.

Beautiful scenery. Great point for pictures and just enjoying nature. Islands have some of the best nature.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful scenery. Great point for pictures and just enjoying nature. Islands have some of the best nature.

Here's another very brief video....Byodo Inn Temple on Oahu.
My pen pal took me there. The mountains are like green velvet, so pretty!

We fed the Koi in the ponds. There were also peacocks roaming around the grounds and sitting on the roof.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another very brief video....Byodo Inn Temple on Oahu.
My pen pal took me there. The mountains are like green velvet, so pretty!

We fed the Koi in the ponds. There were also peacocks roaming around the grounds and sitting on the roof.

Asian people are really into gardens, some of them. We used to have this Asian house in the neighborhood where I grew up. I used to walk by and enjoy the meticulous garden they had. Let me see if I can find a picture of something like it:
japanese-garden-bonsai-tree-japanese-cherry-zen.jpg

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did the wall and pond last year. Pretty basic at present. I'll get back to it soon.
View attachment 36034

Look forward to the finished pond. You did a really nice job on the wall.

Do you have a couple of fish in the pond? If you get some kind of air bubbles that will help them breathe easier.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asian people are really into gardens, some of them. We used to have this Asian house in the neighborhood where I grew up. I used to walk by and enjoy the meticulous garden they had

While in the travel field I visited Japan for a week.

Kyoto had thousands of lovely gardens. Most of them were connected to the temples (different architecture, too.). All of the gardens were different. One I saw was gravel and big rocks...they call it a zen garden.

Of course, I preferred the ones with flowers, greenery and water features.

Here is one called The Golden Pavilion which I also saw.
It is most famous because of the perfect mirror image that appears in the lake.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many beautiful pictures in this thread.

I would post photos of what I have been working on.

But its not far from resembling an ecological disaster atm and not fit for public consumption.

:p

• Haha
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many beautiful pictures in this thread.

I would post photos of what I have been working on.

But its not far from resembling an ecological disaster atm and not fit for public consumption.

:p

Will look forward to seeing your garden or yard in the future.