Describe your yard or garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As an apartment dweller, I'd enjoy hearing about your yards or gardens. I just have a few potted plants on the communal patio.

Does anyone have a water feature? Maybe even a pond or stream? Would love to see some photos.

@TLHKAJ

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As an apartment dweller, I'd enjoy hearing about your yards or gardens. I just have a few potted plants on the communal patio.

Does anyone have a water feature? Maybe even a pond or stream? Would love to see some photos.

@TLHKAJ
We have been on our property coming up 31 years. We renovated a dilapidated inground swimming pool, I added a small lily pond, and there is a stream that becomes a river in heavy rain at the bottom of our gully, which is still being landscaped, as this photo shows.
GULLY STEPS.jpg

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been on our property coming up 31 years. We renovated a dilapidated inground swimming pool, I added a small lily pond, and there is a stream that becomes a river in heavy rain at the bottom of our gully, which is still being landscaped, as this photo shows.
View attachment 35951

Thanks for answering and enjoyed the photo. Do you have a photo of the Lily pond and stream?

@TLHKAJ Do you have any water on your property?

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Our property backs up against some native forest and a river. A hiking trail winds along the river which, when finished, will extend across the state.

I built a little "Prayer Garden" with a bench, a bird bath, and an arbor draped with orange trumpet vine and surrounded by azaleas, rhododendrons, daphne, andromeda, and mahonia. Hikers are welcome to sit and rest and pray.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our property backs up against some native forest and a river. A hiking trail winds along the river which, when finished, will extend across the state.

I built a little "Prayer Garden" with a bench, a bird bath, and an arbor draped with orange trumpet vine and surrounded by azaleas, rhododendrons, daphne, andromeda, and mahonia. Hikers are welcome to sit and rest and pray.

That sounds beautiful. Especially your little prayer garden for all to enjoy. Can I ask what State? If you don't want to say, that's ok.

I grew up in Pennsylvania where there are lovely yards even in the city. And lovely woods very near to the city.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@TLHKAJ
I go for walks around a church nearby. It has a forest behind it and a great garden with lots of flowers. Really I nice scenic walk.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have over an acre on this fruit and nut farm....
Currently I am hoping to bring back my herbs to life.

They used to look great....20230624_122759.jpg

Currently I'm involved in a project working with leather. My father gave me some chrome tanned leather and I'm making some new armrests for a recliner. I might have enough for the seat and back too....I hope so.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That there looks like a nice nut farm . do be advised allow not a liberal to eat from it . cannablism aint good .
. Just a friendly reminder to all . Be blessed now ya hear .

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I go for walks around a church nearby. It has a forest behind it and a great garden with lots of flowers. Really I nice scenic walk.

That sounds so beautiful. Are you able to post a pic of the church if it is one of those old, beautiful ones? Or at least describe it?

I love the old churches. There are some here. But, most of the real old ones are back East and also in the U.K. I watch Escape to the Country and they show many old churches in the villages.
I have over an acre on this fruit and nut farm....
Currently I am hoping to bring back my herbs to life.

They used to look great....View attachment 36001

Currently I'm involved in a project working with leather. My father gave me some chrome tanned leather and I'm making some new armrests for a recliner. I might have enough for the seat and back too....I hope so.

Beautiful yard. What kind of fruits and nuts?

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds so beautiful. Are you able to post a pic of the church if it is one of those old, beautiful ones? Or at least describe it?

I love the old churches. There are some here. But, most of the real old ones are back East and also in the U.K. I watch Escape to the Country and they show many old churches in the villages.

Beautiful yard. What kind of fruits and nuts?
I can't figure out how to upload pictures onto this site. I can do it on Facebook but not here for some reason.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my cottage garden...I also have 3 small ponds for the wildlife and a water feature .

View attachment 36021View attachment 36022View attachment 36023View attachment 36024View attachment 36025View attachment 36026

Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! Can you post any of your ponds?

What county are you in? I have gotten more familiar with various counties in the UK since watching Escape to the Country regularly. If I hadn't been born in the USA, would have loved the UK.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous! Can you post any of your ponds?

What county are you in? I have gotten more familiar with various counties in the UK since watching Escape to the Country regularly. If I hadn't been born in the USA, would have loved the UK.
The UK is to cold!!..LOL..

• Haha

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother before she passed away had a vegetable garden. I would always get fresh garlic for my cooking from that when I lived with her. Later she moved and made a water fall tiny pond. It was super.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mother before she passed away had a vegetable garden. I would always get fresh garlic for my cooking from that when I lived with her. Later she moved and made a water fall tiny pond. It was super.

The waterfall pond sounds lovely. I always love the sound of water. That's why I miss rain so much.

Here in Los Angeles there are various fountains and even fountain complexes. When I was walking better I would search them out. My mom and I would take the subway to get to them.

Here is California Plaza in downtown. We often went to free concerts there. The top part of the fountain can be turned into a stage.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The waterfall pond sounds lovely. I always love the sound of water. That's why I miss rain so much.

Here in Los Angeles there are various fountains and even fountain complexes. When I was walking better I would search them out. My mom and I would take the subway to get to them.

Here is California Plaza in downtown. We often went to free concerts there. The top part of the fountain can be turned into a stage.

When I was married, my wife's family took me on vacation to Hawaii. I worked for 20 years and because of illnesses I had never was able to take a vacation. The vacation was awesome and we went on a short hike down to a natural waterfall. It was so peaceful and awesome to be near. It was great. Let me see if I can find a picture of Hawaii's water falls:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was married, my wife's family took me on vacation to Hawaii. I worked for 20 years and because of illnesses I had never was able to take a vacation. The vacation was awesome and we went on a short hike down to a natural waterfall. It was so peaceful and awesome to be near. It was great. Let me see if I can find a picture of Hawaii's water falls:

Yes, I love Hawaii. Haven't been for many years. The first visit (1970) I spent a month on Oahu. Afterwards I saved up and took my mom....we saw Kauai, Maui, Oahu and the Big Island of Hawaii.

Love Kauai the most because it is so lush.

Reactions: dev553344