Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
lol, you didn't have to assume that what they were getting was bad forrest
i deserve what i get too i guess

Rather they are worthy or not, the only scriptures I can recall are:

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Luke 14:26 KJV

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Matthew 10:38 KJV

I don't see levels of merit or anything earned making them worthy. Not that you are saying that...
Someone is either in or their out. The theme is obedience to Christ above all.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe they were forgiven based on these 2 scriptures:
Genesis 3:7
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

So when their eyes were opened they tried to clothe themselves with fig leaves but after God saw that they had disobeyed he chastised them and then clothed them Himself with skins of animals.

Reactions: Helen

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

I don't see levels of merit or anything earned making them worthy. Not that you are saying that...

Of course, Christ's earthly ministry was ONLY to Israel, Matthew 15:24 , Matthew 19:5 , Romans 15:8 , John 1:31 ,so none of the things commanded by Christ are TO or ABOUT us Gentiles today. Christ did minister to maybe a handful of Gentiles, but to none of them did He preach the Gospel of the Kingdom, which those 2 verses, and everything else in the Gospels and Acts, are associated with.

The Jews, the people Christ was sent to, had a hope of spending eternity on the New Earth, as outlined in the original promises made to Israel's fathers. Our calling today, during this present 2000 year, all-Gentile, parenthetical period, is a Calling to the Holiest of All, Heavenly places, where Christ sitteth at the right hand of God, Ephesians 1:20 (Christ), Ephesians 2:6 (Us). Everything involving this new after-Acts dispensation was contained in a Mystery that was hid in God since the world began, Ephesians 3:9 , Colossians 1:26 and only revealed to Paul after the end of Acts. Paul, then, revealed it to us, starting with the book of Ephesians. Therefore, nothing that pertains directly TO or ABOUT us today can be found in those 59 all-Israel books, i.e., the OT, the Gospels, the Acts, including Paul's 7 Acts epistles (the basis of everything Paul taught in Acts can be found in the all-Israel OT - Acts of the Apostles 26:22 ). Only in Paul's dispensation of the Mystery, found in his 7 post-Acts books, will you find what is our Truth For Today. In those other 59 all-Israel books, you will find NOTHING about your future.

Every word in the Bible was God-breathed and it is important for us to study those all-Israel books, mainly for our knowledge of God. However, when it comes to dispensational things, we must obey 2 Timothy 2:15 and rightly divide (Correctly Cut) God's Word of Truth, in order to find out what was and what wasn't written TO or ABOUT us. If we do this Cutting Correctly, we will be approved unto God and will have no reason to feel ashamed - see 2 Timothy 2:15.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! It means that Edom adds to the works of Adam.

In Shebna's case his vav was removed...taking away what he previously had. IOW he never repented.

I'm encouraged that you took the time to read carefully one of my posts! ;)

Blessing to you

I always read your post carefully. For over a year I went every week for counseling sessions. At the time I didn’t read the word or know Him. God wasn’t even on my radar. My counselor spoke every session about God and things I couldn’t even begin to grasp. Her favorite quote was “ perfect love cast out fear.” She told me to memorize it but I couldn’t remember the verse from one session to the next. Now it has depth. She shared many things that seemed to me at the time to have no value what-so-ever. Eventually I stopped seeing her. Years later things she had shared would resurface and had impact and I could see... “that is what she meant! Now I see its significance!” ...I don’t discount anything you share in your post.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm encouraged that you took the time to read carefully one of my posts! ;)

I read all your posts...some I give a "like" but I must help to keep you humble...so I don't "like" all of them.
.....LaughingSmiley.gif

Reactions: Episkopos

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

So...are you voting here that they were lost?

If so, how come? We hear nothing about them after they were thrown out of the Garden.
We have no idea what fruit they bore or didn't bare after Eden.

In my book , tis is a thread with no clear conclusion...God alone can answer this one...and He ain't saying....

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
So...are you voting here that they were lost?

If so, how come? We hear nothing about them after they were thrown out of the Garden.
We have no idea what fruit they bore or didn't bare after Eden.

In my book , tis is a thread with no clear conclusion...God alone can answer this one...and He ain't saying....

I can't say with any certainty.

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe they were forgiven based on these 2 scriptures:
Genesis 3:7
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

So when their eyes were opened they tried to clothe themselves with fig leaves but after God saw that they had disobeyed he chastised them and then clothed them Himself with skins of animals.

But this is a play on words in Hebrew. There is a word play on the "OWR" for skins....which sounds the same as "light".

So it means that God has previously clothed them with His light.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And even so you should be thankful that you came from the first Adam, for in him you were not only condemned, but likewise saved, for the ransom which was given by Christ was given directly in exchange for the life of Adam, and as such all his seed in him. Thus when Adam was saved, you were saved.

Somewhat disagree.

I became naturally born through Adam.
I became forgiven, saved, restored, sanctifed, born again through Christ Jesus.

Understand it was notthe man Christ Jesus” who was the second Adam, but the risen Lord; not as Redeemer, but as father to our race does our Lord correspond to Adam--as the second Adam.

Somewhat disagree.
Jesus (not Christ), came in the likeness as a Man; as a Visable, Audible Example "For" terrestrial mankind To See and Hear ....
From God Himself......

From the beginning of when Adam was Created and PUT in Gods Garden, and Had the pure goodness of Hearing Gods voice, (and then listened elsewhere,) To the Lord Gods Visions, To the Lord empowering great Teachers.... men begged....to SEE God...because the Task of believing Teachers, Teaching stiffnecked men, who could not Believe "in prophecy foretold and coming to pass before their eyes"....still were wanting to SEE God.
God Promised, MAN would SEE, and God delivered. But oops, even then MANY, could NOT Believe.....Because He was NOT REVEALED in a 'FASHION' they thought
SUITABLE to be their God, their King.

Christ did not become the second Adam until he was made a "quickening spirit."

Disagree. Adam "was" a bodily man of dust.
Jesus "appeared as" a bodily man of dust.

The parallel...
Adam the man was NOT born, and the female was NOT born, but came forth Out of the man. Both were called ADAM, same name.

God was not born, Jesus came forth out from God; they are one LORD God, and revealed "Will be" their Name, one Name.

God does not change. Jesus does not Change.
When we learn something more about God/Jesus....it has always been.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we know God didn't mean that their spirit would die because it is eternal, so the only alternative was that which is related to the body; and considering all God did for them after their disobedience I find it practical to conclude He made them right with Him. Plus, it doesn't make sense to consider God would eternally damn the first humans He created without resolution. After all, they did believe in Him!
Blessings!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
then clothed them Himself with skins of animals.
prolly not literally, you might note that the language would likely be different in that case, what we have is "God made a coat of skins," not "God killed several badgers and draped the skins over A&E." The "animals" are provided by our imagination iow

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, we know God didn't mean that their spirit would die because it is eternal, so the only alternative was that which is related to the body; and considering all God did for them after their disobedience I find it practical to conclude He made them right with Him. Plus, it doesn't make sense to consider God would eternally damn the first humans He created without resolution. After all, they did believe in Him!
Blessings!
imo the confusion comes when we try to shoehorn a single individual into either "lost" or "saved" forever, and what is really being asked here is if A&E are really alive and partying with Jesus in heaven right now, which is moot anyway

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
imo the confusion comes when we try to shoehorn a single individual into either "lost" or "saved" forever, and what is really being asked here is if A&E are really alive and partying with Jesus in heaven right now, which is moot anyway

Then what of God's promises?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blessings!

Amen...Agree.
Thumb.gif

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
imo they are alive and well forrest, they are just terminally misconscrewed.
so i would ask which specific promises you want to examine and maybe we could see

That may drive us off topic, as there are enough promises for many new topics. To start with if you wish to make the topic, "whom the Son sets free is free indeed."

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
10I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly

surely applies to A&E too, but imo we are making too much of a mythology of two composite characters that are meant to relay a different concept.

We might consider the hypocrisy inherent in first finding a "Fall of Man" where there is none in Scripture and then wondering whether they were "saved" or not? Which i don't mean to denigrate the op, great Q imo