Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't think that had really even sunk in yet, what separation from God really meant, but anyway,

23So the LORD God sent him away from the garden of Eden towork the ground from which he was taken.
24He drove man out and stationed the •cherubim and the flaming, whirling sword east of the garden of Eden to guard the way to the tree of life.w

doesn't sound like "saved" to me, although imo we don't have a very good definition of that either

Being expelled from the garden was not them becoming "saved".
Being expelled from the garden was their consequence for disobeying God.

God covered their sin with animal flesh. (Correction....animal skins).
Taking a wild guess, I would guess the animals were slain, and their blood spilled, before God made clothes out of the animal skins and covered their disobedient flesh.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the problem with the lukewarm Laodiceans is they thought they could see....and that they understood things.

Be careful that by pointing one finger...3 others are pointing back at you.

Why? do you yourself feel judged?

Remember the sword of the spirit is a double edged sword, it cuts both ways.

In this instance it appears that it is you my brother who are the one doing the judging here. You seem to believe that you're the only one who is capable of comprehending the truth, that it is you who decides what is and what is not truth. Sorry but that is not your decision to make, the Word of God is the final authority on all matters. If we have a "Thus saith the Lord", having consulted the whole counsel of the Lord (Acts 20:27), we can be assured that we are on the right track.

As Bible Students (like the Berean's of old) we make it our policy to thoroughly examined the facts, "proving all things", before we arrive at any conclusions.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some are under the impression that Christ sacrificeonce for all” (Heb 10:10) is not all inclusive (thus insufficient), that although it does cover the sins of the whole world this is with the exception of the sins of father Adam or his wife Eve, supposing that they as perfect creatures have already had their individual trial.

The problem with this is that these forget that although perfect in every sense of the word, both Adam and Eve lacked a sufficient knowledge and understanding of the exceedingly sinfulness of sin and its consequent results, (i.e. sorrow, pain, disease and death) and so not being properly acquainted with both good and evil they were unable to perceive the true consequences of their actions, i.e. both to themselves and to their posterity. We are not here in any way excusing their guilt; we merely wish to point this out.

Regardless of this the scriptures are quite clear as to the fact that the “sinless undefiled one” (Heb 7:26) the Man Christ Jesus became the ransom, (anti-lutron, i.e. a corresponding price) for the sins of the WHOLE world (which naturally would include father Adam and Eve) that he by the grace of God tasted death for ALL MEN, becoming our propitiation (satisfaction of justice) 1 John 2:2.

THE FOLLOWING THOUGH IS ONE WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO GRASP:

The very fact that Christ sacrifice of himself (his perfect human life) was considered as an equivalent or corresponding price to offset the requirements of justice naturally implies that the one for whom he was to atone must have been one who held an equal value before the eyes of justice, for this is God’s Law (Exod 21:23-24) and seeing as there has never existed but the one other perfect man prior to Christ, i.e. Adam then it is abundantly clear as to whose sins were forgiven.

Now let us reason this out, since Christ died as a ransom taking the place of father Adam, then father Adam is no longer condemned under the divine penalty which was originally imposed upon him, nor is any of his posterity. “Therefore, as by the offense of one (Adam) judgment (the sentence) came upon all men to condemnation; even so as by the righteousness of one (Jesus) the free gift (the gift of life secured through the ransom) came upon all men unto justification of life." (Rom 5:18) What could be any clearer?

Now suppose for the moment that we agreed with those who say that Christ did not atone for Adam’s sins or his wife’s, where would this leave us?

If Christ’s sacrifice was a corresponding price and equivalent for another of equal value, whom did he take the place of as required by the divine law?

Who was there who ever possessed a life of equal value, another perfect man with whom Christ was supposedly to have taken the place of as an anti-lutron or corresponding price?

If Adam was not redeemed then we are all still lost, for we all shared in his trial, his failure, and thus in his sentence and his penalty and unless he personally is freed from the original sentence imposed upon him and its subsequent penalty we likewise all still remain condemned under the curse.

Suppose once again for argument sake we were to concede that perhaps there was some other son of Adam’s whom the Lord redeemed, someone not mentioned prior to Adam’s fall (although we are clearly taught that Cain was the first son of Adam following Adam’s fall, Gen 4:1) suppose the Lord took the place of this “other supposed” individual, what would be the implications?

Well for starters since the Lord only took the place of one man redeeming HIM and his seed alone, then everyone else not associated with this supposed individual who was ever born of Adam (directly or indirectly as offspring of one of his other sons) would have no redeemer and thus would live and die never to be resurrected again, this would include quite a few notable characters mentioned in the bible, including for example Enoch, Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and etc. None of these could ever be resurrected seeing as they all share in the genealogy of their father Adam and thus in his condemnation. They are all eternally lost for divine justice is very strict, a fallen man could not redeem another fallen man nor could divine justice be satisfied with the sacrifice of a perfect man in behalf of a fallen man, and even if that were acceptable it would still require a sacrifice of one perfect man for every one individual to be redeemed, this would require millions if not billions of redeemers, how foolish and unwise.

Let us concede the wisdom of God’s Plan of condemning all in one that he might equally save all in one.

Reactions: APAK

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess that is generally assumed, but the text does not say that

No, THAT text does not say, the animal blood was spilled....which I see as a foreshadow...

As... shortly thereafter, being taught was...the killing an animal and the blood (life) of the animal was sacrificed for the temporary Forgiveness of a mans sin.

And ^ THAT was a foreshadow of Jesus' blood being given for the permanent Forgiveness of a mans Sin.

God Bless,
Taken

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why? do you yourself feel judged?

Remember the sword of the spirit is a double edged sword, it cuts both ways.

In this instance it appears that it is you my brother who are the one doing the judging here. You seem to believe that you're the only one who is capable of comprehending the truth, that it is you who decides what is and what is not truth. Sorry but that is not your decision to make, the Word of God is the final authority on all matters. If we have a "Thus saith the Lord", having consulted the whole counsel of the Lord (Acts 20:27), we can be assured that we are on the right track.

As Bible Students (like the Berean's of old) we make it our policy to thoroughly examined the facts, "proving all things", before we arrive at any conclusions.

I am very careful in my judgments. I do consider the whole counsel of God. Everything has to work from both testaments...the prophecy and the fulfillment.
And the sword does cut both ways...

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some are under the impression that Christ sacrificeonce for all” (Heb 10:10) is not all inclusive (thus insufficient), that although it does cover the sins of the whole world this is with the exception of the sins of father Adam or his wife Eve, supposing that they as perfect creatures have already had their individual trial.

The problem with this is that these forget that although perfect in every sense of the word, both Adam and Eve lacked a sufficient knowledge and understanding of the exceedingly sinfulness of sin and its consequent results, (i.e. sorrow, pain, disease and death) and so not being properly acquainted with both good and evil they were unable to perceive the true consequences of their actions, i.e. both to themselves and to their posterity. We are not here in any way excusing their guilt; we merely wish to point this out.

Regardless of this the scriptures are quite clear as to the fact that the “sinless undefiled one” (Heb 7:26) the Man Christ Jesus became the ransom, (anti-lutron, i.e. a corresponding price) for the sins of the WHOLE world (which naturally would include father Adam and Eve) that he by the grace of God tasted death for ALL MEN, becoming our propitiation (satisfaction of justice) 1 John 2:2.

THE FOLLOWING THOUGH IS ONE WHICH IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO GRASP:

The very fact that Christ sacrifice of himself (his perfect human life) was considered as an equivalent or corresponding price to offset the requirements of justice naturally implies that the one for whom he was to atone must have been one who held an equal value before the eyes of justice, for this is God’s Law (Exod 21:23-24) and seeing as there has never existed but the one other perfect man prior to Christ, i.e. Adam then it is abundantly clear as to whose sins were forgiven.

Now let us reason this out, since Christ died as a ransom taking the place of father Adam, then father Adam is no longer condemned under the divine penalty which was originally imposed upon him, nor is any of his posterity. “Therefore, as by the offense of one (Adam) judgment (the sentence) came upon all men to condemnation; even so as by the righteousness of one (Jesus) the free gift (the gift of life secured through the ransom) came upon all men unto justification of life." (Rom 5:18) What could be any clearer?

Now suppose for the moment that we agreed with those who say that Christ did not atone for Adam’s sins or his wife’s, where would this leave us?

If Christ’s sacrifice was a corresponding price and equivalent for another of equal value, whom did he take the place of as required by the divine law?

Who was there who ever possessed a life of equal value, another perfect man with whom Christ was supposedly to have taken the place of as an anti-lutron or corresponding price?

If Adam was not redeemed then we are all still lost, for we all shared in his trial, his failure, and thus in his sentence and his penalty and unless he personally is freed from the original sentence imposed upon him and its subsequent penalty we likewise all still remain condemned under the curse.

Suppose once again for argument sake we were to concede that perhaps there was some other son of Adam’s whom the Lord redeemed, someone not mentioned prior to Adam’s fall (although we are clearly taught that Cain was the first son of Adam following Adam’s fall, Gen 4:1) suppose the Lord took the place of this “other supposed” individual, what would be the implications?

Well for starters since the Lord only took the place of one man redeeming HIM and his seed alone, then everyone else not associated with this supposed individual who was ever born of Adam (directly or indirectly as offspring of one of his other sons) would have no redeemer and thus would live and die never to be resurrected again, this would include quite a few notable characters mentioned in the bible, including for example Enoch, Noah, Shem, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and etc. None of these could ever be resurrected seeing as they all share in the genealogy of their father Adam and thus in his condemnation. They are all eternally lost for divine justice is very strict, a fallen man could not redeem another fallen man nor could divine justice be satisfied with the sacrifice of a perfect man in behalf of a fallen man, and even if that were acceptable it would still require a sacrifice of one perfect man for every one individual to be redeemed, this would require millions if not billions of redeemers, how foolish and unwise.

Let us concede the wisdom of God’s Plan of condemning all in one that he might equally save all in one.

Adam is never called righteous as so many others are. Isn't that a curious omission? There was no mention of his own rehabilitation.

And the very severity of the fall! Unless a sin was as complete as we see...would such drastic measures be required?

I'm not for the judgment of Adam....I don't have a horse in that race.

Adam is always named in reference to fallen man....who passed on his nature to all after him. Did he not die in his sins? Was there some mitigating factor...than lessened his rebellion....some repentance?

I don't think any of us can judge Adam one way or another.....but it doesn't look so good.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems that the higher the access to God....the worse the rebellion has dire consequences.

Look at the devil. The devil has access to God....or had. So then his rebellion is without repentance.

Adam chose his wife over God...in a way that was very permanent. This is not a case where a human atonement is possible.

The rebellion of Adam then is linked with the rebellion of the devil. They saw eye to eye. Sure, Eve was fooled...but Adam? It seems he knew what he was doing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
which I see as a foreshadow...
so the text does not say that blood was spilled, yet you see a foreshadow
As... shortly thereafter, being taught was...the killing an animal and the blood (life) of the animal was sacrificed for the temporary Forgiveness of a mans sin.
of something that Scripture plainly tells us did not work, and God directly states that He did not need or want
And ^ THAT was a foreshadow of Jesus' blood being given for the permanent Forgiveness of a mans Sin.
aaand 2+2 now = 5, just like that. Now a Vengeful God needed a blood sacrifice to somehow pay for the sins of others, rather than humans needing the sacrifices, under the law almost everything requires blood. We read what we expect to see, not what is written i guess

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there is a difference in eternal life and salvation. Those with a Calling, like the present church in Paul's 7 post-Acts epistles, to the Highest Heaven, or the church in Acts to the New Jerusalem, have salvation. All of those with no Calling, but with eternal or everlasting life, like Adam or those in Jn 3:16, will go through the White Throne Judgment and will end up on the New Earth

Reactions: charity

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the text does not say that blood was spilled, yet you see a foreshadow
of something that Scripture plainly tells us did not work, and God directly states that He did not need or want
aaand 2+2 now = 5, just like that. Now a Vengeful God needed a blood sacrifice to somehow pay for the sins of others, rather than humans needing the sacrifices, under the law almost everything requires blood. We read what we expect to see, not what is written i guess

Scripture reveals little to early men then builds revealing bit by bit as mankind has matured, had a history of experience.

Same thing we do with babies, children, teens....convenient would have been, have a baby, read and tell them every book and there...our foundational work accomplished by age 1! LOL

God requires the blood of man. Blood is a body's life. Without it the body becomes Dead. And all bodies are sentenced To Death.

Our blood is tainted, (yet we still give it up) It pays our price for the Sin of our Bodies.

Jesus' pure Blood, pays the price for our Forgiveness.

Not ALL ACCEPT His Offering.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God requires the blood of man.
at least the god that we have made in our image, yes. God is Love.
But ty for the Wolf Interp, good to be reminded
you might try Quoting that and see btw

but what really happened--and i did it too ok, i mean this wadr--is that you went and got "saved," according to Some Guy, but you didn't know Thing 1 about Scripture then, and you have just been repeating what you were shown by Mr Guy since then, in between singing verses of "when we all get to heaven," see, which is like just another little joke in the same vein that got played on you since you didn't know any Scripture.

so, Quote "God requires men's blood" and we'll move on if you like

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
at least the god that we have made in our image, yes. God is Love.
But ty for the Wolf Interp, good to be reminded
you might try Quoting that and see btw

but what really happened--and i did it too ok, i mean this wadr--is that you went and got "saved," according to Some Guy, but you didn't know Thing 1 about Scripture then, and you have just been repeating what you were shown by Mr Guy since then, in between singing verses of "when we all get to heaven," see, which is like just another little joke in the same vein that got played on you since you didn't know any Scripture.

so, Quote "God requires men's blood" and we'll move on if you like

Not sure who "some guy" is that you think I sponged up his words.

Elaborate?

Gen 9;
4) But the flesh with the life thereof, Which IS THE BLOOD, shall ye not eat.
5) And Surely YOUR BLOOD OF YOUR LIVES I WILL REQUIRE.............
I WILL REQUIRE THE LIFE OF MAN.

God Bless,
Taken

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
1 Corinthians 15:47‭-‬50 KJV

This does not bode well for Adam, but with God anything is possible.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This does not bode well for Adam, but with God anything is possible.

my guess is...that as he was the 'first Adam'...he is most probably in 'the Last Adam'.
I hold these things lightly...God didn't tell us either way.

Reactions: bbyrd009

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation from God?
From separation from God due to their sin.
Yes, their nakedness was covered by the shedding of blood in Gen 3:21.
Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. Even Abel had learned that, in that he offered the firstlings of his flock which God had respect of in Gen 4:4.

In Gen 4:3 Cain also brought a sacrifice, the work of his own hands, and in Gen 4:7 he was told sin (actually sin offering) lied at the door, and he could be accepted also.

These things represented the blood Christ shed from the foundation of the world. Rev 13:8.