Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation from God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Adam and Eve obtain salvation?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam is never called righteous as so many others are. Isn't that a curious omission? There was no mention of his own rehabilitation.

And the very severity of the fall! Unless a sin was as complete as we see...would such drastic measures be required?

I'm not for the judgment of Adam....I don't have a horse in that race.

Adam is always named in reference to fallen man....who passed on his nature to all after him. Did he not die in his sins? Was there some mitigating factor...than lessened his rebellion....some repentance?

I don't think any of us can judge Adam one way or another.....but it doesn't look so good.

As we had stated, if Adam is not saved neither are we.

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As we had stated, if Adam is not saved neither are we.

We have another Adam... Jesus Christ. So unless HE be raised from the dead we are indeed all dead in our sins.

You have to choose an Adam.

I'm with the Lord from heaven on this one.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I am long gone and people only have the post I put on social media and even here, to view about what I did / said. I'm curious how they will judge and think about where I am. We can see snapshots of things people did in their past without seeing the full picture of their life lived.

Reality is, who knows but God alone. I hope they are in Heaven.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not sure who "some guy" is that you think I sponged up his words.

Elaborate?
too late in the day for me to elaborate, sorry, maybe that was for someone else ok
Gen 9;
4) But the flesh with the life thereof, Which IS THE BLOOD, shall ye not eat.
5) And Surely YOUR BLOOD OF YOUR LIVES I WILL REQUIRE.............
I WILL REQUIRE THE LIFE OF MAN.
:rolleyes:
Genesis 1:9 And I will require the blood of anyone who takes another person's life. If a wild animal kills a person, it must die. And anyone who murders a fellow human must die.

so now you got jokes instead of Quotes, ok. have a nice evening

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is the opposite of grace.

Unless grace is given to us to teach us what real love is....and to empower us to overcome....so that we can be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ. God has no favourites....nor does He respect persons. All will be judged based on what they have been given.

To whom much is give (like grace) MORE is required. The grace of God ups the ante....and empowers us to be like Christ.

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the opposite of grace.

God gives us Grace, that opportunes us to have a relationship with Him.

Among mankind, there are consequences for behavior between men, and that is the burden of man....Once can seek comfort from God.... but the consequence of the burden is still on the man.

Not sure bb~ was saying that....but how I took it.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless grace is given to us to teach us what real love is....and to empower us to overcome....so that we can be transformed into the image of Jesus Christ. God has no favourites....

Sure He does. :)
All are Loved.....
some are beloved, ie MUCH Loved.

nor does He respect persons.

Agree.

All will be judged based on what they have been given.

And would add, What they DO with what they are given.

To whom much is give (like grace) MORE is required. The grace of God ups the ante....and empowers us to be like Christ.

Yes, what they DO with what they are given.
Bummer for those whose life is consumed with shirking Responsibility.

Taken

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have another Adam... Jesus Christ. So unless HE be raised from the dead we are indeed all dead in our sins.

You have to choose an Adam.

I'm with the Lord from heaven on this one.

And even so you should be thankful that you came from the first Adam, for in him you were not only condemned, but likewise saved, for the ransom which was given by Christ was given directly in exchange for the life of Adam, and as such all his seed in him. Thus when Adam was saved, you were saved.

The word Adam means: "Root" or life-giver.

The first Adam was the original "root" even our Lord Jesus in the flesh, son of Mary, son of David, son of Abraham, was in the same sense a shoot or branch of this root, however the difference was that he did not partake of the condemned or forfeited life of Adam through Joseph, but of a life as directly from God as was the first Adam's; an un-forfeited life which he could give (as a ransom: anti-Lutron or corresponding price) for the life of Adam and all who died in him.

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.” (1 Cor 15:45)

As death came by the first Adam, so life comes by Christ, the second Adam.

He is called the second Adam, in that he takes the place of the first Adam--undertakes to be the Father and life-giver to Adam AND every member of his race upon condition of their obedience to him.

Understand it was notthe man Christ Jesus” who was the second Adam, but the risen Lord; not as Redeemer, but as father to our race does our Lord correspond to Adam--as the second Adam.

Christ did not become the second Adam until he was made a "quickening spirit."

When Christ became the second Adam, he became the new “rootor life-giver. However he has not yet begun his work as the second Adam. Before beginning his work of regenerating the world, God has arranged that first from the wound in Christ's side, figuratively speaking, an elect Church shall be formed--the second Eve.

The second Adam will generate no children (restore life to the world) until the Church, the second Eve, shall have been perfected; made joint-heir and help mate in the Kingdom and its work of regeneration. For the work of the second Eve is to nourish and instruct, all the willing and obedient of mankind back into harmony with God during the Millennial age.

Adam was the father of the race and failed to give it life. Jesus is to become its second father, the Second Adam, through whom everlasting life may be attained.

So in respects to your statement: You have to choose an Adam.

I chose neither, for our Lord (as the second Adam) is to be the father or re-generator of the race of mankind, and we the Church are to be his help-mate in that work. He is not our father, he is our elder brother; our Father is the Lord God Almighty in whom we were begotten as sons.

The faithful of the Gospel age are not children of Christ, but children of his Father, begotten of the Father's spirit and the Father's nature.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I am long gone and people only have the post I put on social media and even here, to view about what I did / said. I'm curious how they will judge and think about where I am. We can see snapshots of things people did in their past without seeing the full picture of their life lived.

Reality is, who knows but God alone. I hope they are in Heaven.

I am with you!
God set them in the Garden...if He didn't intend it to be the Beginning of His divine Plan..then He wouldn't have placed a tree and a serpent right there in the midst too.
Much like Job. It was GOD who said to Satan.. " Hast thou considered my servant Job...."

On both occasions, God knew what He was doing. :)
The Last Adam had already said " Here I am send Me"...before the creation of the world...

God always wins.

Reactions: LC627 and Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And even so you should be thankful that you came from the first Adam, for in him you were not only condemned, but likewise saved, for the ransom which was given by Christ was given directly in exchange for the life of Adam, and as such all his seed in him. Thus when Adam was saved, you were saved.

The word Adam means: "Root" or life-giver.

The first Adam was the original "root" even our Lord Jesus in the flesh, son of Mary, son of David, son of Abraham, was in the same sense a shoot or branch of this root, however the difference was that he did not partake of the condemned or forfeited life of Adam through Joseph, but of a life as directly from God as was the first Adam's; an un-forfeited life which he could give (as a ransom: anti-Lutron or corresponding price) for the life of Adam and all who died in him.

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.” (1 Cor 15:45)

As death came by the first Adam, so life comes by Christ, the second Adam.

He is called the second Adam, in that he takes the place of the first Adam--undertakes to be the Father and life-giver to Adam AND every member of his race upon condition of their obedience to him.

Understand it was notthe man Christ Jesus” who was the second Adam, but the risen Lord; not as Redeemer, but as father to our race does our Lord correspond to Adam--as the second Adam.

Christ did not become the second Adam until he was made a "quickening spirit."

When Christ became the second Adam, he became the new “rootor life-giver. However he has not yet begun his work as the second Adam. Before beginning his work of regenerating the world, God has arranged that first from the wound in Christ's side, figuratively speaking, an elect Church shall be formed--the second Eve.

The second Adam will generate no children (restore life to the world) until the Church, the second Eve, shall have been perfected; made joint-heir and help mate in the Kingdom and its work of regeneration. For the work of the second Eve is to nourish and instruct, all the willing and obedient of mankind back into harmony with God during the Millennial age.

Adam was the father of the race and failed to give it life. Jesus is to become its second father, the Second Adam, through whom everlasting life may be attained.

So in respects to your statement: You have to choose an Adam.

I chose neither, for our Lord (as the second Adam) is to be the father or re-generator of the race of mankind, and we the Church are to be his help-mate in that work. He is not our father, he is our elder brother; our Father is the Lord God Almighty in whom we were begotten as sons.

The faithful of the Gospel age are not children of Christ, but children of his Father, begotten of the Father's spirit and the Father's nature.

In Hebrew Adam means "red"...which is the colour of the dust he came from. Everything comes from the lord. I owe nothing to the flesh.

Reactions: Nancy

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Hebrew Adam means "red"...which is the colour of the dust he came from. Everything comes from the lord. I owe nothing to the flesh.
I agree it does mean "red", but as Adam was the "root" or life-giver from which all mankind come, so too the second Adam is the "root" or life-giver from whom mankind will be regenerated.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that Adam also, in Hebrew means "man". Yes, "red" comes from the root word that looks like DTM...lol...I do not have Hebrew characters on my keyboard...even if I did...I would not be able to "type" from right to left :D

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find that Adam also, in Hebrew means "man". Yes, "red" comes from the root word that looks like DTM...lol...I do not have Hebrew characters on my keyboard...even if I did...I would not be able to "type" from right to left :D

Adam looks like this אדם and Edom looks like this אדום both of which mean "red". So then Adam's posterity is seen through Edom...a son of Cain.

The difference between the 2 words is the added vav to "Edom."

So then Edom is just adding more of the same to Adam. The vav means to add to.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam looks like this אדם and Edom looks like this אדום both of which mean "red". So then Adam's posterity is seen through Edom...a son of Cain.

The difference between the 2 words is the added vav to "Edom."

So then Edom is just adding more of the same to Adam. The vav means to add to.

In another thread you said: “Shebna's peg (the letter vav) was removed. And so all the works were lost (just like the one who builds with wood, hay and stubble).” —the same or not related?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In another thread you said: “Shebna's peg (the letter vav) was removed. And so all the works were lost (just like the one who builds with wood, hay and stubble).” —the same or not related?

Yes! It means that Edom adds to the works of Adam.

In Shebna's case his vav was removed...taking away what he previously had. IOW he never repented.

I'm encouraged that you took the time to read carefully one of my posts! ;)

Blessing to you