Did Christ instruct His Apostles to pray to His earthly mother?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is the mother of God - unless you deny Jesus is God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can think of only three ways to deny that Mary is the mother of God

1. Denying the divinity of Jesus
2. Denying that Mary conceived Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Denying the doctrine of the Incarnation which rightly describes Jesus as fully man and fully God; thereby excusing all claims that Mary was just the mother of the human part of Jesus.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Vatican and and scripture are equal authorities and therefore in agreement.
Actually they are not, Jesus gave no other than the disciples authority, the vatican usurped the authority, they have none cept to those who give it to them. In fact teh bible and teh vatican are continually at odds, but thats another story, next it will be you are picking on us the story never changes.

Luk 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Yet so many religions have others over them. Christ is supposed to be the only one.

In all His Love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am picking on you, Mjr?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you happen to notice the subject of this thread?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
YEs but when false statements get made to prove a point it makes the thread go side ways. Should we pray to Mary, why we Have Christ, what can she do that He cant. She has no more authority than you or I.

In all His Love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not made any false statements. Mary is not the same as you or me - she is fully redeemed, but this is beside the point. Praying to Mary is not worshipping her, Catholics ask her to pray for us - just like we ask each other to pray for us - there is no difference.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
, Catholics ask her to pray for us -
Aspen you are speaking to one who was a catholic for 16 years of my life. We have a mediator Christ. I have no need of any one pray for me I have Jesus, I just simply ask Him, why do we need middle me, or women in this case.

In all His Love

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told us to pray for one other. Not sure how you misunderstood Catholic teaching on Mary after 16 years .... For the record, I was a protestant for 24 years before going the Catholic church, 14 years ago, not that it matters

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
I can think of only three ways to deny that Mary is the mother of God

1. Denying the divinity of Jesus
2. Denying that Mary conceived Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. Denying the doctrine of the Incarnation which rightly describes Jesus as fully man and fully God; thereby excusing all claims that Mary was just the mother of the human part of Jesus.
there is one God the Father....One God and Father of all....God the Father is the Father of Mary....Mary cannot be the mother of her own father....
Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Do you believe this???? If you do .....then something is terribly wrong with Mary being the mother of God

Jesus being divine has nothing to do with Mary...It has to do with God the Father.....Mary has to do with the humanity of Jesus...
Actually the scripture says God was in Christ.....So Jesus was a man begotten of God and God's Spirit the Word was in Him..

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
Jesus told us to pray for one other. Not sure how you misunderstood Catholic teaching on Mary after 16 years .... For the record, I was a protestant for 24 years before going the Catholic church, 14 years ago, not that it matters
Jesus told us to pray for one another......He never told you to ask Mary to pray for you...did He????

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
I have not made any false statements. Mary is not the same as you or me - she is fully redeemed, but this is beside the point. Praying to Mary is not worshipping her, Catholics ask her to pray for us - just like we ask each other to pray for us - there is no difference.
Mary is dead...that is the difference....speaking to the dead is necromancy.....

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
Mary is the mother of God - unless you deny Jesus is God.
I am certain you cannot find these two statement in scripture...Mary is the mother of God....and....Jesus is God

newbirth

May 23, 2015
aspen said:
Portrays Mary as the mother of God? Are you denying that Jesus is God?
post your scripture that says...."Jesus is God" and "Mary is the mother of God"

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
Jesus was Proclaimed the Son of God by Resurrection from the dead. Prior to that, He was referred to, by Himself and others, the Son of David or the Son of Man. Period.
Mary did not give birth to the Son of God. She gave birth to the Son of David. Because she was of the line of David of the Tribe of Judah, from whence the Promise of the King would Come. That is why SHE was selected. No other reason;

FIRST...

(Rom 1:3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

THEN SECOND...

(Rom 1:4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

So no, Mary was NOT the mother of God. You just read she gave birth to Jesus "the seed of David".

But his BIRTHING FROM THE DEAD declares him the Spirit of Holiness resurrected from the Dead.

Those of us who receive His Spirit of Holiness, are then Filled with His Holy Spirit, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
It seems Rev 17 covers the subject of the Roman church and system and it's apparent anti christ tendencies and divergence from the true teachings of the Bible...as a couple of examples Jesus said "call no man on earth your Father"..what does the Roman church call it's priests? and have the audacity to call the pope "Holy father" if that isn't blasphemy I don't know what is...and or course the second commandments says "do not make and bow down to any graven images" Well these graven images are an integral part of the Roman church services....hmmmm...the list goes on and on....Do these points qualify this organization as an anti christ and or false prophet? Seems so to me!

newbirth

May 23, 2015
whitestone said:
Jesus was Proclaimed the Son of God by Resurrection from the dead. Prior to that, He was referred to, by Himself and others, the Son of David or the Son of Man. Period.
Mary did not give birth to the Son of God. She gave birth to the Son of David. Because she was of the line of David of the Tribe of Judah, from whence the Promise of the King would Come. That is why SHE was selected. No other reason;

FIRST...

(Rom 1:3) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

THEN SECOND...

(Rom 1:4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

So no, Mary was NOT the mother of God. You just read she gave birth to Jesus "the seed of David".

But his BIRTHING FROM THE DEAD declares him the Spirit of Holiness resurrected from the Dead.

Those of us who receive His Spirit of Holiness, are then Filled with His Holy Spirit, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".
if your statement is true then Jesus is not the only begotten of the Father...
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus is the word of God born in the flesh as the Son of God the Father...the scripture does not say Jesus is God the Son....

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
newbirth said:
if your statement is true then Jesus is not the only begotten of the Father...
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Jesus is the word of God born in the flesh as the Son of God the Father...the scripture does not say Jesus is God the Son....
I didn't say that the scriptures said Jesus is "God the Son". If you thought I said that I can understand you being confused.

Nor did what Paul's statement in Rom 1;4 conflict with John 1.

Paul's statement is true. And yes John's statement is true.

Jesus was the Only begotten of God. He had no brother's or sisters begotten of God of His OT Israel "lawful" Wife.

But from the Dead, He was the FIRST begotten of God, first of many. In this "resurrection" by baptism and receiving HIS Holy Spirit, we are His brothers and sisters He said. Do you see?

A difference as big as understanding Isaac being born of Abraham, but then Abraham received Him "Born from the dead" "in like figure" after the attempted sacrifice.

Notice that when Jesus was baptized into His own death and resurrection, is when the public voice spoke from Heaven for our understanding, "This is my beloved Son..."

Sonship of God comes by Resurrection from the dead... that is the entire point God is quite detailed in revealing to us.

(Rom 8:29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It is all about "Life from the Dead" that brings SONSHIP OF GOD. Not "life from a woman".
So the OP is answered.
Being born from Mary son of David, is answered in Rom 1;3.

Being born "The son of God accordingly the Spirit of Holiness", came by Resurrection from the dead.

Verrrrrrrrrry important to recognize :)