Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Thank you! I 100% understand it would be hard. It's a new thing I'm saying, when millions and millions for centuries believed something else! Were told something else!
I know...I was one of them!! I believed the logic that God 'needed' blood; that someone or
something (a lamb) could take away the sins of another.

This is the thing, tho, charity...you don't have to believe a word I say or believe.
You are fine believing what you do.
Your heart is all that is important...and it's obvious it is doing great!
Stay on your course.

I was shocked when I 'got'....it was 'us' that strayed away so far, we forgot
even Who our Father even was! Where we came from...so Man blamed God,
made up stories that got written down... blamed, for so many many
things that He had nothing to do with....all He wants is our love...that is all
He ever wanted and still waits for.
He is absolute Pure Puppy Love...as pure as a baby...and His desire for our love is
bottomless....oh my...He will wait forever for every single last one of us to
acknowledge Him and truly know Him...I digressed...
icon_cool.gif

But, that is my experience...each person should have their own.
You are fine right where you're understanding is, my dear.
I should never have brought this up here.
i would reiterate that all of this can be extracted from those stories, too, ok, if you just let the right eyes read it. But the Book is written in such a way so as to be hidden from the wise.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What do people think is God's "standard of justice "?
Seems it may be if you don't tow the line...He kills you.
If you are pure of heart He kills you... for others that didn't tow the line.
I mean, according to the Bible.
I say this with all seriousness.
ha, i have seen through maybe a couple of these, but i am a bit too wise myself lol, and this is still new to me. So all i can say there is, if you posted an example we might look at it, and surely the passage is still being perceived from the wrong pov there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Now, is God in a place where there is no space and time and we are an ant
terrarium project?
"Darn, these ants are boring...toss 'em...let's see what the brown ants do."
I dunno, is that the general belief here?

If I came from outer space and read all these beliefs I would
think This God was a tosser
I said that for the Brits here, hahahaha!
yes, the very thing i mean to get at, what a jaundiced pov lol. It is not the Scriptural pov, i am sure.
We can contrast most believers' perspective on Job with Scripture's here as well; Job is widely perceived as "when bad things happen to good people," right. Or even "Why does God punish ppl for no reason?" When simply reading the Book provides a quite different perspective, see.

Job confessed to his sin, twice. There is no Capricious and Angry God, deliberately visiting calamity upon the righteous for no reason, or to win a bet with satan.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that we may have life everlasting who are trusting in the efficacy of His finished work.
ok, i would just be pausing and reflecting if that "finished work" turns out to be "well, almost finished, as soon as He comes back for us," and also seems to somehow exclude any "picking up your cross" or "changing your mind" criteria, ok. Because no Son of Man may die for your sins, and the soul that sins will still die. Iow i would be making sure what is "finished" @ "it is finished," because pastors either do not know, or are afraid to tell you ok.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My knowledge comes only from me? Where else should it come from?
Hearsay?

Ignorant, as you know doesn't mean stupid, but uninformed, uneducated about something. A concept is not a truth..but an idea, opinion.
Early man had an ignorant concept about the earth being flat.
When he saw the earth, some made calculations I guess, he then knew it was round....
Also that it wasn't the center of the solar system.
So, primitive minds thought God was a scary anthropomorphic 'Being' of some sort.
Many still think in his way...thus, that 'He' wanted, needed, was happy and pleased with any and all blood sacrifices.
So far, so good?...I mean I'm trying my best to "explain", again.

When a person finally knows and understands God...he then knows God never ever could want or need or be pleased with such atrocities, nor could God do such atrocities....but was blamed for atrocities...just as early man man thought a comet was a harbinger of doom or you would sail off the edges of earth.

Please, please, I beg you...Do not believe me.
Find out for yourself, personally.
Be still....for hours...for days and decades...ask if this is true...
"Lord, are you only love? Are the stories men have told misconceptions of You.
Have I always been able to join You, know You without the murder of Jesus?
Were You always waiting for us to just open our eyes with no need of blood shed?"

If I am wrong...gee, my mistake was saying God is only glorious, kind, patient, unconditional love and could never have done or said the cruel things He is blamed for
under the rationale it was 'just' and it is His Nature...when His Nature is only pure eternal love....not the kind that tortures under the guise it will take away some one else's sins...and satisfies Him now.

Third time, btw...I base my understanding from direct contact from, with God...which many think is some impossible thing...another uninformed, uneducated idea.

Be still....ask.

What makes your knowledge of God any different than those you claim were ignorant of God in the past. If you are just basing your knowledge of God on yourself, which you are, and you do not recognize any written revelation from God, how are you any different? Your not.

If God revealed to man He wanted blood sacrifice, why is that primitive. It is not. It is just as true today as it was then. You don't like blood sacrifice, so it must be just ignorant men that came up with that. You like a god who does nothing but love you. So any thing else is just ignorant and primitive.

Your mistake is creating your own god. Your god is like you want him to be. He is all love, and nothing but love. You may as well have taken a piece of wood and fashioned it for your god, and made him look like you.

I have no problem with direct contact with God. I was still and asked. But my God who is the Father of Jesus Christ and Author of the Bible says differently than you.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only it is a lie, and you cannot cite a single Scripture saying that

Hebrews 9:22-24 KJV
[22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission. [23] It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. [24] For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Exodus 24:6-8 KJV
[6] And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. [7] And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient. [8] And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.

Leviticus 21:23 KJV
[23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

Exodus 29:37 KJV
[37] Seven days thou shalt make an atonement for the altar, and sanctify it; and it shall be an altar most holy: whatsoever toucheth the altar shall be holy.

Amos 9:1 KJV
[1] I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now, is God in a place where there is no space and time and we are an ant
terrarium project?
"Darn, these ants are boring...toss 'em...let's see what the brown ants do."
I dunno, is that the general belief here?

If I came from outer space and read all these beliefs I would
think This God was a tosser
I said that for the Brits here, hahahaha!

God is the standard for God's justice.

I don't know what you mean about God killing you if you don't tow the line and if you are pure of heart.

When you ask about God being in a place, are you asking about your god or the God of the Bible? Where is your god? When you fashioned him after yourself, did you give him a nose so he could breathe?

But you didn't come from outer space. And you have a belief in god which adds to the many beliefs. Is yours the right one? Did he tell you so? How?

Stranger

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes your knowledge of God any different than those you claim were ignorant of God in the past. If you are just basing your knowledge of God on yourself, which you are, and you do not recognize any written revelation from God, how are you any different? Your not.
If God revealed to man He wanted blood sacrifice, why is that primitive. It is not. It is just as true today as it was then. You don't like blood sacrifice, so it must be just ignorant men that came up with that. You like a god who does nothing but love you. So any thing else is just ignorant and primitive.

Your mistake is creating your own god. Your god is like you want him to be. He is all love, and nothing but love. You may as well have taken a piece of wood and fashioned it for your god, and made him look like you.
I have no problem with direct contact with God. I was still and asked. But my God who is the Father of Jesus Christ and Author of the Bible says differently than you.
I was perfectly content with what you all believe in. Why? Because
it kinda made sense...I followed all the reasons and logic...what I thought was God's righteous judgment and so on. I was a happy regular Christian...above average
, however because my particular sufferings influenced me greatly to seek the Kingdom a tad more than my friends...no grace...intolerance of my miserable state from a very bad childhood.

I was shown what I say.
And again, I am just saying it, not trying to change anyone...
I'm way too self centered to care what other people think or believe...really! *wink*

If someone thinks, "Yeah, shown by satan!".....even that thought of others is fine with me.
God showed me who He was a few times...Jan 24, 2016 was the biggy....I cried for 3 months in awe.
Lemme tel ya...notice I didn't say 'Trust me,' ha....There is nothing in Him but Purity and Love
almost unimaginable...to even think He could ever want any blood torture is nuts.
But, I can't stop ppl. But, I have a right to present that God is love beyond belief and doesn't want torture.

But, hey, maybe there is no harm in thinking that...continue, then. It is fine with me that you think my Father is brutal....another word for your "just", right?

You are fine and exactly doing what you are supposed to be doing...don't listen to people like me.
I mean it....I'm not being sarcastic...block ppl like me.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
[22] And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
yes, by the law, which we know will fail you, right. So iow this is a restatement of the failure of the law.
[23] It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.
"So, since you are all such judgemental and bloodthirsty little snots, it had to be presented this way; but don't kid yourself, blood sacrifice will not save you, it is Living Sacrifice that you must accomplish"
[24] For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
for us, see, no for God in there anywhere

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the standard for God's justice.
I don't know what you mean about God killing you if you don't tow the line and if you are pure of heart.
When you ask about God being in a place, are you asking about your god or the God of the Bible? Where is your god? When you fashioned him after yourself, did you give him a nose so he could breathe?
But you didn't come from outer space. And you have a belief in god which adds to the many beliefs. Is yours the right one? Did he tell you so? How?
Stranger
Sorry, this post doesn't make sense....I have no comment.
Huh. ...a nose?...the whole thing is silly for me to respond
to ...god and God, silly...now this has become a waste of my time.
I'm not mad...it's just silly.
I may not be reading your posts...skim, maybe, until they are making sense and respectful.
C'ya.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Exodus 24:6-8 KJV
[6] And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. [7] And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient. [8] And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.

Leviticus 21:23 KJV
[23] Only he shall not go in unto the vail, nor come nigh unto the altar, because he hath a blemish; that he profane not my sanctuaries: for I the Lord do sanctify them.

Exodus 29:37 KJV
[37] Seven days thou shalt make an atonement for the altar, and sanctify it; and it shall be an altar most holy: whatsoever toucheth the altar shall be holy.

[1] I saw the Lord standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered.
and all OT here, wherein Law was being established, specifically so that its failure as a means to attain oneness with God again can be revealed.

Or to put that another way, God even here was not requiring anyone to enter into a covenant with the law, even though that might appear to be the case. The Good Samaritan was not called to enter any covenant. And the First Son directly refused to enter, stating unequivocally "i will not go."

Those inside the camp were required to enter this covenant, see; the ones getting their heads split in that other verse.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and who are "they" here, lol? "They" are the very ppl called into a covenant with the law, "Israel."

so we have opened up a fascinating new thread here, but i am not seeing how you think this emphasizes God's need, sorry.
Maybe i am just not getting your point there yet?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry, this post doesn't make sense....I have no comment.
Huh. ...a nose?...the whole thing is silly for me to respond
to ...god and God, silly...now this has become a waste of my time.
I'm not mad...it's just silly.
I may not be reading your posts...skim, maybe, until they are making sense and respectful.
C'ya.
you can't mix oil and water :)

"Fear and faith do not mix – they're like oil and water. When faith kicks in, fear moves out, and when faith disappears, fear moves in like a tidal wave."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and who are "they" here, lol? "They" are the very ppl called into a covenant with the law, "Israel."

so we have opened up a fascinating new thread here, but i am not seeing how you think this emphasizes God's need, sorry.
Maybe i am just not getting your point there yet?

What exactly did Jesus Christ do then?
You say that is OT...and you are right. It all pointed, a sign, for what was to come which was the risen Christ. How can you rise if there is no death? Explain it to me?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What exactly did Jesus Christ do then?
for that i would reflect upon what the skin did for Adam and Eve. I'm not saying that Christ is not necessary, just that God obviously was not having any problems walking with Adam and Eve--it was them had the problem, walking with God.

So to put it baldly, you got a scapegoat, strictly to bring you to a better understanding. The implications here can be pretty unsettling, and as we can see various ppl interpret this as some rejection of Christ, when it is likely that perceiving God as needing Christ is the actual rejection of Christ.

Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How can you rise if there is no death? Explain it to me?
ah, but whose death? Christ's death? Aren't you called to pick up your cross and follow? So then, who needs to die here, in order for you to rise? Not Christ, even though that is what we are told, right. See how this is worshipping Jesus as an idol, rather than accepting Christ as an example, to be followed.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, but whose death? Christ's death? Aren't you called to pick up your cross and follow? So then, who needs to die here, in order for you to rise? Not Christ, even though that is what we are told, right. See how this is worshipping Jesus as an idol, rather than accepting Christ as an example, to be followed.

I understand your point, but yet, you wouldn't even have the model to follow without Christ. You wouldn't know the way without Christ. You would still be in darkness withOUt Christ.

Hebrews 9:16-17 KJV
[16] For where a testament is , there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. [17] For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

First Christ.
Yes, I am told to follow.
He provided the way. Taking Christ out of the place as head and lead...makes you Christ and all scripture points to your coming. That is pretty bold. Does this speak of you also:

Revelation 5:2-5 KJV
[2] And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof? [3] And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. [4] And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. [5] And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.