Did God Need Jesus' Sacrifice to Make You Acceptable to Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is the standard for God's justice.

I don't know what you mean about God killing you if you don't tow the line and if you are pure of heart.

When you ask about God being in a place, are you asking about your god or the God of the Bible? Where is your god? When you fashioned him after yourself, did you give him a nose so he could breathe?

But you didn't come from outer space. And you have a belief in god which adds to the many beliefs. Is yours the right one? Did he tell you so? How?

Stranger
So if someone disagres with you on one point . You have the right to say they dont know God and condem them to hell. Where do you get this authority in Gods word? That is sitting in judgement. and you have no scripture allowing you to do that none.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I understand your point, but yet, you wouldn't even have the model to follow without Christ. You wouldn't know the way without Christ. You would still be in darkness withOUt Christ.
this is not being questioned though, see.
This is a subtly but completely different perspective from "God needs Christ to make you ok to Him."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was perfectly content with what you all believe in. Why? Because
it kinda made sense...I followed all the reasons and logic...what I thought was God's righteous judgment and so on. I was a happy regular Christian...above average
, however because my particular sufferings influenced me greatly to seek the Kingdom a tad more than my friends...no grace...intolerance of my miserable state from a very bad childhood.

I was shown what I say.
And again, I am just saying it, not trying to change anyone...
I'm way too self centered to care what other people think or believe...really! *wink*

If someone thinks, "Yeah, shown by satan!".....even that thought of others is fine with me.
God showed me who He was a few times...Jan 24, 2016 was the biggy....I cried for 3 months in awe.
Lemme tel ya...notice I didn't say 'Trust me,' ha....There is nothing in Him but Purity and Love
almost unimaginable...to even think He could ever want any blood torture is nuts.
But, I can't stop ppl. But, I have a right to present that God is love beyond belief and doesn't want torture.

But, hey, maybe there is no harm in thinking that...continue, then. It is fine with me that you think my Father is brutal....another word for your "just", right?

You are fine and exactly doing what you are supposed to be doing...don't listen to people like me.
I mean it....I'm not being sarcastic...block ppl like me.

All believers suffer to some degree. Your suffering is not unique to Christians. To allow your suffering to turn away from the God of the Bible is unique to Christians. You say you were 'shown'? But what you were shown does not prove true to the Bible. You reject the Bible, Christians reject you.

Yes, God is love...but not just love. Here you run amiss. 'Rights'? A Christian has no 'rights'. If we got our rights we will got to hell. For we 'rightly' deserve it. Do you want your 'rights'?

I don't know who your father is to call him brutal or not. I know my Father and He is love, and brutal to those who try and destroy those He loves. If a mother has a baby and sees a serpent slithering into it's crib...will she love that serpent. Or will she kill it? Will you call her brutal for doing so? Or will you say she loved her baby?

I only block those in whom I believe there is not profit in any conversation. Nothing to be gained, win or lose. In other words, they have nothing to offer.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So if someone disagres with you on one point . You have the right to say they dont know God and condem them to hell. Where do you get this authority in Gods word? That is sitting in judgement. and you have no scripture allowing you to do that none.
but of course if he is not allowed to judge then he is not interested, see.

many false believers love to go right to that "saints will judge the world" part, neglecting that they may not be saints at all lol

Reactions: Ally.s.j

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But what you were shown does not prove true to the Bible.
actually yes, it does, you just need to be ignored here, and everything will be fine
You reject the Bible, Christians reject you.
no, trust me, they don't. We embrace her, and it is you that is rejected, as long as you assume the position of judge anyway.

we could take a poll or something, if you like, since i already know you will not listen to Scripture condemning you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ally.s.j

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Got a violin handy?

Stranger

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Got a violin handy?

Stranger
Its correct what they say about you. Every conversation is a one way conversation. Why do you bother coming here if not to do what God commands you to do. You have habit of doing the opposite. You accuse people of not know God. Well You aint showing God. I see nothing but a little confuseed knowledge come from you. If you were the example of Christ to the world I would tell you to shove. why would anyone come to Christ through you?
You are a poor soul in need of Christ love.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do people think is God's "standard of justice "?
Seems it may be if you don't tow the line...He kills you.
If you are pure of heart He kills you... for others that didn't tow the line.
I mean, according to the Bible.
I say this with all seriousness.

Now, is God in a place where there is no space and time and we are an ant
terrarium project?
"Darn, these ants are boring...toss 'em...let's see what the brown ants do."
I dunno, is that the general belief here?

If I came from outer space and read all these beliefs I would
think This God was a tosser
I said that for the Brits here, hahahaha!

Why do you rant-on as if everyone here believes that God is an evil tyrant?
You against all the rest of Christendom!! God is good, and God is Love.

I believe fully in - Phill 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. " When they see Him as He IS, they will know the truth.

I believe fully in- 1 Cor 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
Relax, all will work out well in the end...it is just not the end yet.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you rant-on as if everyone here believes that God is an evil tyrant?
You against all the rest of Christendom!! God is good, and God is Love.

I believe fully in - Phill 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. " When they see Him as He IS, they will know the truth.

I believe fully in- 1 Cor 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."
Relax, all will work out well in the end...it is just not the end yet.
It wasn't part of any plan, lemme tell ya! I guess one post lead to another...sorry, I won't be responding much anymore anyway...no more going on....on this topic, I mean.
But hey, gotta admit things aren't dull around here!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Its correct what they say about you. Every conversation is a one way conversation. Why do you bother coming here if not to do what God commands you to do. You have habit of doing the opposite. You accuse people of not know God. Well You aint showing God. I see nothing but a little confuseed knowledge come from you. If you were the example of Christ to the world I would tell you to shove. why would anyone come to Christ through you?
You are a poor soul in need of Christ love.

In his defence I used to find him heard hearted and wondered "where on earth he was" in his faith...but to be honest to him...he does often have very good posts. Really. :)
He IS... 'one of the good guys'...and like Jesus said...we know the disciples had a hard time once with some Strangers "ministry", and they wanted him shut down...But Jesus said- “And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.”
When the chips are down...I'd want Stranger "in my corner." ;)
I agree that he is not a very friendly guy, and doesn't seem to like chat (as you probably know by now..I chatter about anything! o_O)
I've never heard him smile in a post, or chuckle...pity, life is so short.
I've been told that my light chatter makes some people mad, and they said as much ...but,tough beans...I am me, and this is just how I post!! :)

Enjoy you 'heavy discussions'...I enjoy reading you both. ✟
Blessings...Helen

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, then how could He possibly walk in the Garden with two naked sinners? What changed?

The promise of coming redemption was issued immediately after the Fall, was prefigured throughout the OT, and realized at Christ's first advent. The final eradication of sin and death are yet future. Scripture clearly shows us this progressive motif. You err in assuming that justice must be immediate, despite the clear and unambiguous teaching of Scripture in this regard.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
The Good Samaritan was not called to enter any covenant.

Since the "Samaritan" would have been from Samaria, which was the place in which the "kings of Israel" [as opposed to the kings of Judah] reigned. To make a point of a "Samaritan" [one of the house of Israel] as being "better" than those of the house of Judah, would have been a slap in the face. However those of the house of Israel, where also a part of that covenant before they went astray. Thus from my perspective, it is not quite accurate to say that one was not called to enter any covenant. But, that is merely my perspective and opinion.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
ah, thats prolly because i wasn't sure where you were headed there, so i just posted what popped into my head to keep the thread alive.

It had a double entendre in purpose, neither of which had you in mind nor the intention of shooting this down. <chuckle>

what you mean by "aforetime is interesting" there might bring this out

How do you read:

Rom 3:25 whom God set forth to be a propitiation, through faith, in his blood, to show his righteousness because of the passing over of the sins done aforetime, in the forbearance of God;

Who set forth the "propitiation"? Through faith in what? To show whose righteousness?

The passing over of sins done aforetime: Aforetime to what?

And if aforetime, what does that mean for the present and the future?

BTW: Hilasterion only occurs one other place in the NT besides Romans 3:25. Hebrews 9:5, in which it is rendered "mercy seat". The "covering" of the Ark of the Covenant.

According to Liddell and Scott's, subaudi [mentally supply] epithema: something put on, a lid, cover.

1Jo 2:2 and he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Hilasmos and hilasmon respectively.

Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their iniquities, And their sins will I remember no more.
hileos

Luk 18:13 But the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote his breast, saying, God, be thou merciful to me a sinner.
hilastheti

Heb 2:17 Wherefore it behooved him in all things to be made like unto his brethren, that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation / reconciliation for the sins of the people.
hilaskesthai

In the passing over of the Exodus, it was the blood of the pesakh lamb that provided a "covering" so to speak from the destroyer. The Feast of the Passover is also known as the Feast of the "Sparing".

For as the blood applied to the head and sides of the door "by faith" [by faith in that it required both belief and action] provided a "covering / skipping over / passing over" from the destroyer, so also does the Blood of the Lamb provide a covering over or a passing over of our thoughts and actions done aforetime, when we did not know "God". A covering or passing over, a skipping over or "sparing" by faith in the Blood, from the destruction that would / should have rightly been ours.

Thus, the "door" as you put it.

<snip NIV>

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is not being questioned though, see.
This is a subtly but completely different perspective from "God needs Christ to make you ok to Him."

Well that is a pointless question: did God need Christ to make me ok to Him? God can do whatever He wants, yet "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." How do you know this is all about humanity. Maybe it is about the Son.

Reactions: 101G

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it wasn't for Jesus, how many of us would even seek God?

Reactions: Helen