Did Jesus baptize with the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I already did tell you Ten days later the Miracle of Pentecost turned many to belief and thus they were baptised This will happen again when the Elect are put on trial by Antichrist they are not to premeditate what they will say because the Holy Ghost will speak through them (the Elect)their testomony will turn the hearts of Many to the father(s) Then they will believe and become baptised not because the Holy Ghost baptises them but because they will become believers a chose to be baptised same thing that happened on Pentecost Day

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Mark 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Do you have a post somewhere that all this is backed up with scripture because I would like to read how you put all that together? The scriptures plainly say YE SHALL BE BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT NOT MANY DAYS HENCE-SPEAKING OF THE DAY OF PENTECOST.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Baptism through Jesus and the Holy Spirit are two different things.Baptism through Jesus is required for salvation.Baptism through the Holy Spirit is important too, but this is not necessary. However, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;39210)
Do you have a post somewhere that all this is backed up with scripture because I would like to read how you put all that together? The scriptures plainly say YE SHALL BE BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT NOT MANY DAYS HENCE-SPEAKING OF THE DAY OF PENTECOST.
AND THEY WERE AFTER THE WORDS WERE SPOKEN BY THE ASPOSTELS GODS OWN WORDS THE HOLY GHOST CAME ON THE APOSTELS AND THEY SPOKE and the words turned the hearts of many to the Father.Baptiism must come from ones own heart by choice.When they heard the words they became believers and were baptised in the Holy spirt

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I read that the Holy Ghost came upon them (referring to the 120 in the upper room).Acts 1:15Acts 1:14 says they continued with one accord. Acts 2:1 states they are still in one accord. Same 120!This still does not answer Acts 1:5!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Its called rightly diving the Word what is the siubject of Mark 13?? It is the End times and Jesus is asked by the disciplesMark 13:4Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled? 5And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. 7And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. 8For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows. 9But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them. 10And the gospel must first be published among all nations. 11But when they shall lead you,(Elect) and deliver you up,(put on trial) take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost. 12Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death. 13And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: This happens in the middle of the tribulation 15And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: 16And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. 17But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 18And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. 19For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. This is the tribulation20And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. 21And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not: 22For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. 23But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things. 24But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, after Satan tribulation 5th/6th trump 25And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken. 26And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. This is the second coming the 7th trump27And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven. This is when he gathers his elect from the field (World)28Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near: The parable of the fig Tree sets the time period of the End generation he is talking about in this entire chapter it started in 1948

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;39216)
I read that the Holy Ghost came upon them (referring to the 120 in the upper room).Acts 1:15Acts 1:14 says they continued with one accord. Acts 2:1 states they are still in one accord. Same 120!This still does not answer Acts 1:5!
Ok the Holy Ghost came on the disciples and asposles doesnt change anything

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
No it does not change anything. But my point all along was that this is the baptism of the Holy spirit and Acts 1:5 confirms this.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you dont get we are talking two differnt things by now theres not much else to say guess you'll have to pray on it

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(setfree;39131)
Kriss, Yes! I am missing your point. I can not follow your answer to the original question.If John says He WILL, then he hasn't yet. I disagree with the Holy Spirit having nothing to do with the Day of Pentecost, because scriptures states in Acts 5:1 They will be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. This is when Jesus sent his Holy Spirit to baptize.
You are right, I don't know where Kriss gets his theology from, It certainly is not the Bible.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(kriss;39130)
But they are one in the same if you are baptised you have become a believer in Christ and are cleansed of your sins (symbolic of water)thus given the Holyspirit and become a member of body of Christ these are not three baptisms but better said three parts of the One baptism
When you become a believer, you are born again-by the Holy Spirit,John 3: 3--8, This is the baptism into the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12: 13,Then as an outward expression of an inward experience you are baptised in water.Acts 8: 36--38, Acts 10: 44--48. Note, you can be baptised in the Holy Ghost before your water baptism.Then there is the baptism in the Holy spirit, which is seperate the the rebirth,Acts 8: 14--17, acts 9: 17, Acts 19: 1--6, Note v2, if you are baptised in the Holy Spirit when you are born again Paul question wouldn't have made sense.

haanne

Oct 29, 2007
(setfree;39131)
Kriss, Yes! I am missing your point. I can not follow your answer to the original question.If John says He WILL, then he hasn't yet. I disagree with the Holy Spirit having nothing to do with the Day of Pentecost, because scriptures states in Acts 5:1 They will be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. This is when Jesus sent his Holy Spirit to baptize.
Setfree - When Jesus was dying on the cross what did the thief say to him ? go and look it up. Now why was he able to go to heaven with out Baptism? In Matthew 3: 11 G907
βαπτίζω
baptizō
bap-tid'-zo
From a derivative of G911; to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:—baptist, baptize, The word baptize here means fully wet . So the scripture means he will fully emerse with the holy ghost and with fire. Why do you assume that it had to be while he was still here?John16:13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.So,When did Jesus baptize with the holyspirit? When he no longer walked the earth. Remember he is the Father the Son and the HolySpirit. While he was here he was teaching of repentence so that after the sacrifice was made hearts would be ready for accpetence.Jesus wasnt just looking out for thoose people in that time he was looking out for all that he knew could be saved from that point to the end. The point of Christ walking this earth was to reconcile men to God. The holy spirit was given once christ left . I dont guess you would need it if Christ was teaching you guideing you face to face. Mat28:19 Jesus last command to his disciples . Read that too. Once you believe and repent then the holyspirit is given. Jesus commanded Baptism to help us understand. Can you sort of see where im going with this? re-read the last couple of chapters in Matt.Think about why we need the holyspirit... ... ... ... ...

Nov 8, 2007
(Wakka;39213)
Baptism through Jesus and the Holy Spirit are two different things.Baptism through Jesus is required for salvation.Baptism through the Holy Spirit is important too, but this is not necessary. However, it's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Whoa Slow down brother. What do you mean the Baptism through the Holy Ghost is not necessary?????

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Alanforchrist;39252)
You are right, I don't know where Kriss gets his theology from, It certainly is not the Bible.
Well Im a she not a he and coming from one who believes in a rapture which was never in the Bible And in fact Gods says he hates fly away doctrine. I would not be so so quick to make judgements isnt it strange that the Rapture believers Satans biggest lie and people who follow a mens words instead of Gods Word are blind to the truth. Ill let God be my judge thanks

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;39231)
So you have nothing to say about Acts 1:5?
Ive explained it twenty times as have others but you can not get it that tells me for some reason God has not yet given you this understanding. Thats why I said pray on it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Why dont you explain to me how all the below happen to the disciples if they did not as of yet have the holy spirit in them ????If Christ offered the thief on the cross baptisim by belief and repentance thus allowing him to go to heaven (Christ is the only way)would not the same have already been offered to the disciples??? These aspostels believed and had repented and Christ comunicated with them yet according to you they were not yet baptised please explain your reasoning. Acts 1:2 "Until the day in which He was taken up, after that He throught the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen:"These Apostles that we are to going to be studing, are men that Christ Himself had chosen, and commanded to follow Him. He touched them, and said, "follow Me." The "sent ones" are men and women that are called in this manner, and they know that there is more to God's Word then what was taught them from childhood. They know that there is a closer walk with the Father, and they strive to find that walk in His Word, and then He touches you; and you know the truths as the Holy Spirit of God turns that light on in your mind. Then you plant your feet on the path as a servant to the Living God.Acts 1:3 "To whom also He shewed Himself alive after His passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:"Those disciples of Christ actually walked daily on the paths that Jesus took, walking and talking with our Lord, day after day. They discussed the little things, and the problems that faced them day after day. These apostles heard the teachings Jesus gave to the people, and then in private Jesus discussed the details, such as in Mattthew 13:36 - 43. and Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, and in many other places. The apostles saw Jesus alive after His passion, which is His crucifixion, and they observed first had the many miracles that He did then, such as the two angels appearing in the tomb. He appeared in the room with them, by walking through a wall to be in their presence, and even the infallible proof where Thomas touched Jesus in His side and in the nail prints of his hands. Jesus gave these disciples all these proofs to show that this was truly Him, the Risen Christ, after the resurrection. It is important that you remember that forty days that Jesus was seen by the Apostles, after His resurrection, for "forty" [40] is the number for "probation" in biblical numerics for man. Through the presence of the Holy Spirit, and His own appearance, Jesus spoke to these Apostles of "the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:"Acts 1:4 "And being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, "which" , saith He, "ye have heard of Me."Jesus was there in person, and they could see and touch Him. They talked of matters face to face, and then Jesus told each of them to "wait in Jerusalem", but wait for what? Jesus told them to wait for that time when the Holy Ghost would join with them. Luke the writer of this book, would be very familiar with this because He wrote of it in Luke 24:49.Luke 24:49 "And, behold, I send the promise of My Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high." This has to do with their remain in Jerusalem until they received He [the Holy Ghost] that was promised. The promise of the Father is placed upon the apostles. "Tarry ye" means "wait" in Jerusalem, until the Father sends them the power of the Holy ghost, and that would happen right there on Pentecost day.Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."The miracle of Pencost gave them power the gifts

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(haanne;39290)
Setfree - When Jesus was dying on the cross what did the thief say to him ? go and look it up. Now why was he able to go to heaven with out Baptism? In Matthew 3: 11 G907
βαπτίζω
baptizō
bap-tid'-zo
From a derivative of G911; to make whelmed (that is, fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:—baptist, baptize, The word baptize here means fully wet . So the scripture means he will fully emerse with the holy ghost and with fire. Why do you assume that it had to be while he was still here?John16:13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.So,When did Jesus baptize with the holyspirit? When he no longer walked the earth. Remember he is the Father the Son and the HolySpirit. While he was here he was teaching of repentence so that after the sacrifice was made hearts would be ready for accpetence.Jesus wasnt just looking out for thoose people in that time he was looking out for all that he knew could be saved from that point to the end. The point of Christ walking this earth was to reconcile men to God. The holy spirit was given once christ left . I dont guess you would need it if Christ was teaching you guideing you face to face. Mat28:19 Jesus last command to his disciples . Read that too. Once you believe and repent then the holyspirit is given. Jesus commanded Baptism to help us understand. Can you sort of see where im going with this? re-read the last couple of chapters in Matt.Think about why we need the holyspirit... ... ... ... ...
There is a lot I have to learn about the work of the Holy Spirit, Baptism etc. I learn by asking question. Some people get offensive when I ask questions, but this is how I learn. What I have come to learn this far is that there is more to the work of the Holy SPirit than I was taught. The Holy Spirit has always been even during creation. In the Old Testament the spirit came upon prophets to empower them for what God called them to do. But the Holy Spirit never entered a person until the work Christ-to reconcile us to the Father. It is through Christ all things are possible in the Spirit. The Scripture that I quoted before states that Christ had to die and return to his father before the Holy Spirit came. Knowing this from scriptures is when I ask the question "How did the thief recieve the Holy Spirit if it had not been given yet?" I have not had this answered with scriptures to back it up. I also ask How were the Old testament saints saved if the Holy Spirit did not endwell then? Again, No answer! What I find in scripture is that we are saved by faith in the work of Christ, not our own. The same faith that the old testament saints were saved-faith in the promise of Jesus. But then the Holy Spirit had not come to dwell inside a person. It was their faith that was counted unto them for righteousness. The thief was saved the same way the old testament saints were saved, through faith! The Holy Spirit had not been given at that time.This is my understanding so far. I am open minded enough to except the truth shown in scriptures.

Status
Not open for further replies.