Did Jesus baptize with the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Shan Missions;39036)
Matthew 3:11 I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. John 1:33 I would not have known Him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, "the man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is He who will baptize with the Holy Spirit." John said that Jesus would baptize with Holy Spirit.But I don't see anywhere in the NT telling us that Jesus baptized any one with the Holy Spirit.Can someone tell?Thanks.
Jesus is the baptiser in the Holy Ghost. Luke 24: 49, John 15: 26, John 16: 7, Acts 2: 32--33,And the Holy Ghost baptises us into Christ.1 Corinthians 12: 13,THREE BAPTISMS.Hebrews 6: 2, says, "The doctrine of baptisms". Plural, Yet Ephesians 4: 5, Says, "There is one baptism" This might seem a contadiction, But There are three baptisms, in the Bible.[1] "The baptism in water". [This might be the only one some people know.]Acts 8; 35--38, Acts 19: 3--5, [2] "The baptism into the body of Christ" 1 Corinthians 12; 13,[3] "The baptism in the Holy Ghost"Acts 1: 5,

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Setfree I think you are missing the entire point I will try to better explain Sorry if Im not getting this through to you.There was no requirement to believe in Christ before Jesus accepted the role of Christ when John baptised him Johns baptism of water was a smybolic type that is why he said one will come that will baptise with spirit this was the true baptism not the waterIt was saying there will be a Christ coming he alone by believe and repentance is the true baptism. There was no certain time he Christ would do this as soon as he accepted the role of Christ and died for our sins all must be baptised in his Name to this very day he has been doing this Pencost Day had nothing to do with being baptised.Baptisim is believing and repenting thus awaking your spirit to Gods Example: if two people wittness a miracle and one becomes a believer and repents and the the other denys what he wittnessed and turns away it wasnt the miracle that baptised the one it was becoming a believer this is What happened on Pencost Day many became believers thus were Baptised but it had nothing to do with the Miracle The miracle was the Holy Ghost coming on the Aspostels (who were already baptised)and them speaking the Words of God that could be understand by all this made believers out of many but it in itself baptised no one. each decided on their own to believe or not.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Alanforchrist;39126)
Jesus is the baptiser in the Holy Ghost. Luke 24: 49, John 15: 26, John 16: 7, Acts 2: 32--33,And the Holy Ghost baptises us into Christ.1 Corinthians 12: 13,THREE BAPTISMS.Hebrews 6: 2, says, "The doctrine of baptisms". Plural, Yet Ephesians 4: 5, Says, "There is one baptism" This might seem a contadiction, But There are three baptisms, in the Bible.[1] "The baptism in water". [This might be the only one some people know.]Acts 8; 35--38, Acts 19: 3--5, [2] "The baptism into the body of Christ" 1 Corinthians 12; 13,[3] "The baptism in the Holy Ghost"Acts 1: 5,
So which baptism is he referring to in Matt. 3:11?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
But they are one in the same if you are baptised you have become a believer in Christ and are cleansed of your sins (symbolic of water)thus given the Holyspirit and become a member of body of Christ these are not three baptisms but better said three parts of the One baptism

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Kriss, Yes! I am missing your point. I can not follow your answer to the original question.If John says He WILL, then he hasn't yet. I disagree with the Holy Spirit having nothing to do with the Day of Pentecost, because scriptures states in Acts 5:1 They will be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. This is when Jesus sent his Holy Spirit to baptize.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(setfree;39129)
So which baptism is he referring to in Matt. 3:11?
John the baptist was referring to the Baptism in the Holy Ghost.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Alanforchrist;39140)
John the baptist was referring to the Baptism in the Holy Ghost.
Which Happen the Day of Pentecost? Right?

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(kriss;39042)
Upon belief and repentance you are baptisted in the holy spiritWater is only symbolic of washing away of sin in the living waters of Jesus Christremember the thief on the cross who was told Christ would see him in heaven that very day he believed and repented and was baptised by the Holy Spirit
[1] Where does it say that the thief was baptised in the Holy Ghost.[2] Upon faith and repentance you receive the Holy Ghost when you are born again. but not baptised in the Holy Ghost.Acts 8: 14--17, Acts 9: 17, Acts 19: 1--6,Note, Acts 19; 2, Paul said "Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed"??If we get the baptism in the Holy Ghost at the rebirth, Pauls question wouldn't make sense. He would have known they had received Him.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(setfree;39141)
That is right, John was refering to the time when Jesus was raised up and back in heaven. Acts 11: 15--16.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(setfree;39141)
Thats right, John was refering to when Jesus was raised up and back in heaven, Acts 11: 15--16.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Is it me? or is it that I'm seeing false accusation going on?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Nov 8, 2007
(Kriss)
There is no qualifications for one to be able to baptise someone other than being a true believer you do not have to have any credituals or schooling Baptism comes from God not men
I know but Notice what he put.(Tim)
I am more than willing to submit to a "domata" if they are worthy to show me they understand Scripture. But if they don't, why should they be over me to baptize me? I can (and have the authority) to do the same myself. It's sad there there are not many around, although there are many puffed-up people who think they are.
Seems like he's saying who is Worthy to baptize me. Don't get me Wrong I understand where he's coming from. God Along Baptizes, no man has that Authority. But It seems like he's implying that I am advocating for other's to Baptize Others.(setfree)
I quess John the Baptist understood the scriptures more than Jesus.
Brother what are you talking about?

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Interestingly, John the baptist never said that Jesus would make people "born again"..If the baptism in the Spirit is secondary & not as essential, why would he do this?The answer of course is, the baptism in the Spirit is what Jesus is now primarily concerned with. The work of lamb of God is "finished". this enables the work of High Priest, baptising in the Spirit to begin (Pentecost onwards). Anyone not baptised in the Spirit (evidenced by speaking in tongues) has missed the point!

Nov 8, 2007
(TallMan;39159)
Interestingly, John the baptist never said that Jesus would make people "born again"..If the baptism in the Spirit is secondary & not as essential, why would he do this?The answer of course is, the baptism in the Spirit is what Jesus is now primarily concerned with. The work of lamb of God is "finished". this enables the work of High Priest, baptising in the Spirit to begin (Pentecost onwards). Anyone not baptised in the Spirit (evidenced by speaking in tongues) has missed the point!
Please leave that Evidence is Speaking In Tongues somewhere else. It's dogmas like these that stray people away from God from the Real New Birth and Baptism of the Holy Ghost. It's sad how so many people think it's only speaking Tongues. I WENT TO A PENTECOSTAL church, and I was pressured to speak in tongues as a New Convert. I FAKED IT ALL THE TIME. When I left to a non-denominational congregation, who believed in Restored Gifts of the Spirit 1st Corinthians 12, it came Naturally. Sorry to Digress, Speaking In Tongues means Nothing.You see witch doctors and voodooist? They speak Unknown Tongues and they too have interpreters to what the Individual possessed by Demons say.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Let me make my position clear. The Lord Baptizes with His Spirit. However, there is the outward ceremony (as clearly taught in the NT) that is also called "baptism". It was that ceremonial water baptism I was referring to in all my statements.All I was saying is that I would not let just anyone do this. That's because it unfortunately today becomes associated with a certain sect or denomination anyway. What I was saying is that I do not agree much with what's out there, so I would not submit to a ceremony that is in alignment with possible false or incomplete teaching any more than I would take my sick cat to a taxidermist if its alive enough to still need a vet.That's the crux of it all no matter how brash I seemingly came across. Nothing a bit wrong with my position.

Shan Missions

Nov 18, 2007
Dear friends,You guys don't give me the answer I ask.My original question is Did Jesus baptize with Holy Spirt?As far as I know Jesus did not baptize any one with Holy Spirit when He was alive.But baptism of Holy Spirit takes place after ascension of Jesus Christ.Am I right?

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(Shan Missions;39177)
Dear friends,You guys don't give me the answer I ask.My original question is Did Jesus baptize with Holy Spirt?As far as I know Jesus did not baptize any one with Holy Spirit when He was alive.But baptism of Holy Spirit takes place after ascension of Jesus Christ.Am I right?
I do not see that He baptized anyone while he was alive. But it was Jesus that sent the Holy Spirit after the ascension. John did not say when he would baptize just that he would.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;39131)
Kriss, Yes! I am missing your point. I can not follow your answer to the original question.If John says He WILL, then he hasn't yet. I disagree with the Holy Spirit having nothing to do with the Day of Pentecost, because scriptures states in Acts 5:1 They will be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. This is when Jesus sent his Holy Spirit to baptize.
No Jesus did not send his spirit to baptise anyone on Pentecost Day He was refering to a Miracle that was going to make many believers. You keep asking when he did it THERE WAS NO ONE TIME as soon as he took the role of Christ and died for our sins he was qualified and he has never stopped.If you rightly divide time there was No baptism of belief and repentance before Jesus took the role of Christ there were only ritual baths and Sacrafice John was showing them that there would soon be a new way where repentance and belief was the Way. This new Way did not fully take effect until Christ died Get Pentecost out of your mind for a moment it has nothing to do with baptisim Baptism = belief in Christ as Lord and savior repentance of ones sins This awakens a new spirit in us that allows Gods spirit to enter and we are a new person innwardly and joined to the body of Christ. Period the End that is what Baptisim does.Now on Pentecost day a miracle happened God spoke through his ApostelsAll who were present understood Gods Words in their own Language at the same time they all heard this.This was a miracle period it had nothing to do with baptisim itself. What did it do? it(Gods Words) convinced many that Christ was truly Lord so they became believers all believers must repent and confess Christ is Lord thus Pentecost Day was the catylist to make many doubters into believers This was what Jesus was saying would happen.Being baptised in Christ is the new way and only way now I say again there was no one time Baptisim by Christ in the past or future it has been happening ever sense Jesus Christ died on the cross

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Shan Missions;39177)
Yes, that is right there could be no baptisim in the Name of Christ before Christ

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;39184)
No Jesus did not send his spirit to baptise anyone on Pentecost Day He was refering to a Miracle that was going to make many believers. You keep asking when he did it THERE WAS NO ONE TIME as soon as he took the role of Christ and died for our sins he was qualified and he has never stopped.If you rightly divide time there was No baptism of belief and repentance before Jesus took the role of Christ there were only ritual baths and Sacrafice John was showing them that there would soon be a new way where repentance and belief was the Way. This new Way did not fully take effect until Christ died Get Pentecost out of your mind for a moment it has nothing to do with baptisim Baptism = belief in Christ as Lord and savior repentance of ones sins This awakens a new spirit in us that allows Gods spirit to enter and we are a new person innwardly and joined to the body of Christ. Period the End that is what Baptisim does.Now on Pentecost day a miracle happened God spoke through his ApostelsAll who were present understood Gods Words in their own Language at the same time they all heard this.This was a miracle period it had nothing to do with baptisim itself. What did it do? it(Gods Words) convinced many that Christ was truly Lord so they became believers all believers must repent and confess Christ is Lord thus Pentecost Day was the catylist to make many doubters into believers This was what Jesus was saying would happen.Being baptised in Christ is the new way and only way now I say again there was no one time Baptisim by Christ in the past or future it has been happening ever sense Jesus Christ died on the cross
Maybe you can explain Acts 1:5 if Pentecost had nothing to do with the Baptism.

Status
Not open for further replies.