Did Jesus claim to be God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good statement but applied incorrectly.
listen and understand. the Father and the Son are one, good. and God is omnipresent, great. but listen, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"
are you really understanding what God is saying here? "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF". this is one PERSON. if this one person is alone, where is the omnipresent of the other 2? .... well? remember as said, "GOD IS OMNIPRESENT". so where was the other 2 who suppose to be God also? how can God as you say is three separate and distinct person, and yet one is "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF?". cain't be if all three are omnipresent as God? see the error now?.

PICJAG.
I understand it better. You stress the fact the omnipresent God created the heaven and earth alone, and by himself. Then you ask where is the other? What a silly question. There is no other! God is ONE. On earth, we call Him Jesus, in heaven we call him Jehovah. It is the same One God. Being omnipresent means God can be in heaven, on earth, and in our hearts at one and the same time. We call Him Almighty God because he can do all things.

Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in their midst." That is because HE is THE omnipresent God. Only the Almighty God can be with us, in the spirit, on earth, and in heaven at the same time.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand it better. You stress the fact the omnipresent God created the heaven and earth alone, and by himself. Then you ask where is the other? What a silly question. There is no other! God is ONE. On earth, we call Him Jesus, in heaven we call him Jehovah. It is the same One God. Being omnipresent means God can be in heaven, on earth, and in our hearts at one and the same time. We call Him Almighty God because he can do all things.

Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in their midst." That is because HE is THE omnipresent God. Only the Almighty God can be with us, in the spirit, on earth, and in heaven at the same time.
you still didn't get it did U?
himself indicate ONE person. I'm after the so-called persons. if the scriptures would have said, "WE" Scratched out the heavens "alone", ok good, but it don't. or "they" made the earth. nope it's not there, nor any other so=called second or third persons.

why not use "us" and "we" as in Genesis 1:26, in Isaiah 44:24?. for in Genesis 1:26 it was referring to the one who "diversified"... HIMSELF, by coming in flesh. and he was "ALONE", for Genesis 1:27 the very next verse verified this, "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF". see how the bible do not contridict itself. men lie all the time, but God do not. it's silly to contuine in a lie. especially when the bible points out the lie.

U said, "Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in their midst." That is because HE is THE omnipresent God. Only the Almighty God can be with us, in the spirit, on earth, and in heaven at the same time".

ok Good, so where is the other two, on vacation? .. :eek: where, see it no other God, nor any other PERSONS. get over it, there is only one person who is God, and this one person "Diversified" himself, himself, himself, meaning only ONE. the ordinal "ONE" who diversified.

Look Cooper, I'm not aganist you, it's just your doctrine that is flawed. I'm asking you to read all the verses and then go to God and ask him, is this is true or not, instead of taking a man's word for it, and assuming or taking for granted that the man is correct..... as they say in the medical field "GET A SECOND OPiNION.

PICJAG.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psalms 45:9 "Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir."
symbolism of what's to come..... the king's daughters are only maids of honour, (which Mary was of one). and the "QUEEN" is the church, the Lamb's wife.
let get Mary correctly, Psalms 45:9a "Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women". among, now this, Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." BINGO, Mary is just among any other women, nothing special. no better nor worest than any other woman. so no special privilege here. God is no "RESPECTOR" of person.

PICJAG.
Some commentators say:
In completion of this picture of a marriage festival, female attendants or bridesmaids of the highest rank attend Him, while the queen, in rich apparel (Psa_45:13), stands ready for the nuptial procession.

Others say they are Solomon's 700 wives. Others say they are the remnant, but regardless, they are HIGHLY honoured to be the bride of Christ.

To speak of Mary, and the Bride of Christ in this way is sacrilege. "Mary is just among any other women, nothing special. no better nor worest than any other woman. so no special privilege here."

Wash your mouth out. What you say about those highly honoured women is dreadful.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also has a Mother who gave birth to God the Son. (yep I got you guys now)
ERROR, God don't have a biological mother, nor do the Son of Man. only the son of God have a birth, or biological surrogate mother... (smile).

Got that?

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some commentators say:
In completion of this picture of a marriage festival, female attendants or bridesmaids of the highest rank attend Him, while the queen, in rich apparel (Psa_45:13), stands ready for the nuptial procession.

Others say they are Solomon's 700 wives. Others say they are the remnant, but regardless, they are HIGHLY honoured to be the bride of Christ.

To speak of Mary, and the Bride of Christ in this way is sacrilege. "Mary is just among any other women, nothing special. no better nor worest than any other woman. so no special privilege here."

Dreadful.
do you believe men or God. I believe God and because I believe God I can Speak this way. now what's so sacrilege is it that I said... please quote me..... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
you still didn't get it did U?
himself indicate ONE person. I'm after the so-called persons. if the scriptures would have said, "WE" Scratched out the heavens "alone", ok good, but it don't. or "they" made the earth. nope it's not there, nor any other so=called second or third persons.

why not use "us" and "we" as in Genesis 1:26, in Isaiah 44:24?. for in Genesis 1:26 it was referring to the one who "diversified"... HIMSELF, by coming in flesh. and he was "ALONE", for Genesis 1:27 the very next verse verified this, "ALONE", and "BY HIMSELF". see how the bible do not contridict itself. men lie all the time, but God do not. it's silly to contuine in a lie. especially when the bible points out the lie.

U said, "Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in their midst." That is because HE is THE omnipresent God. Only the Almighty God can be with us, in the spirit, on earth, and in heaven at the same time".

ok Good, so where is the other two, on vacation? .. :eek: where, see it no other God, nor any other PERSONS. get over it, there is only one person who is God, and this one person "Diversified" himself, himself, himself, meaning only ONE. the ordinal "ONE" who diversified.

Look Cooper, I'm not aganist you, it's just your doctrine that is flawed. I'm asking you to read all the verses and then go to God and ask him, is this is true or not, instead of taking a man's word for it, and assuming or taking for granted that the man is correct..... as they say in the medical field "GET A SECOND OPiNION.

PICJAG.
You do not understand that even we, can be different things to different people, while being ONE person.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a biological mom = normal Jesus.. Jews believe that. (yes, I have you guys in a pickle)

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
do you believe men or God. I believe God and because I believe God I can Speak this way. now what's so sacrilege is it that I said... please quote me..... :rolleyes:

PICJAG.
I did quote you, "Mary is just among any other women, nothing special. no better nor worest than any other woman. so no special privilege here."

You have a false god and a false message.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Mary is nothing special then so is Jesus. ( I know your guys logic) and it means my faith is way better.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did quote you, "Mary is just among any other women, nothing special. no better nor worest than any other woman. so no special privilege here."

You have a false god and a false message.
was I incorrect? why did you not post where I got it from? , Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." the bible says she is just as blessed "AMONG" women, NOT "ABOVE" Women. so is the bible committing a sacrilege? ... well?

PICJAG.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No he actually said Blessed art thou among all women.

She was elevated higher than all woman.

Reactions: 101G

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
was I incorrect? why did you not post where I got it from? , Luke 1:28 "And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women." the bible says she is just as blessed "AMONG" women, NOT "ABOVE" Women. so is the bible committing a sacrilege? ... well?

PICJAG.
Go away.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can easily go to the Douay Rheims version... to get the beautiful version of Luke 1:28

Reactions: Cooper

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't attack Jesus mother to prove my faith in him. (checkmate)
can you get this, all hands on deck... JESUS don't have a mother. did you not read? Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

knock, knock, the Son of Man came from Heaven not out of Mary's womb, listen, John 3:31 "He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all." JESUS did not come out of Mary, he came from heaven as Isaiah states, "GIVEN", not born, only the flesh he came in was "BORN"... :rolleyes: my, my, when will they LEARN.

PICJAG.