Did Jesus raise hiself from the dead or did God yhe father raise him

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Is the Bible contradicting for who raised Jesus.
John 10.18 says he did but what do you think
No contradiction, but rather another example of God The Father and God The Son in complete agreement, Christ doing the Will of His Father, that He rise from the dead.

Act 2:23-27 He was delivered up by God’s set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross. (24) But God raised Him from the dead, releasing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for Him to be held in its clutches. (25) David says about Him: ‘I saw the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. (26) Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will dwell in hope, (27) because You will not abandon my soul to Hades, nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is no contradiction … to begin with…. a dead person cannot do anything when they are dead ….Jesus was dead.

And... the end of this verse in John … explains itself.

The Aramaic Peshitta does a better job of translating John_10:18

John 10:18 - There is no one that taketh it from me; but I lay it down of my own pleasure: for I have authority to lay it down, and authority to resume it again; because I have received this command (directive) from my Father.

With Jesus, anything that the Father told Him was a living reality …It sets a great example to us how we should accept anything → in the Word … or by revelation …as, without a doubt.

1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Rom 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Col 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The Reader can decide for yourself.... what all this means........

Jesus said... "I and my Father are One"
Jesus said.. "if you've seen ME, you've seen the Father"
Jesus said... "You believe in God, believe also, in Me".
Jesus said... "i am from Above, and you are from below"
Jesus said to the 11 Apostles..."As/And He BREATHED on them..... = receive you The Holy Spirit"
"God Breathed into Adam, and Adam became a living Soul".

"God hath raised JESUS from the Dead".

Jesus said, """No man taketh my Life from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up, again"

"in the Beginning God CREATED the Heaven's and The EARTH".

""""Jesus was in the world, and though the world was made by Him, the world did not recognize Him."""

"Study, (Reader)., and show yourself approved unto God'""""".
That word of God is the final answer.
it is the Truth on every Page, you turn, but you have to rightly divide it by spiritual discernment, or it will remain under lock and key.
See a good Teacher for that solution........
The HOLY BIBLE.... is Light for life, and if you find it, you are enlightened, Spiritually.
Believe it.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Hi am FJ, peace be with you all, tq

Apparently in John 10:18, Jesus claiming He have the authority over His own body, to lay it down and take it up again. Romans 8:11, He the Holy Spirit the Power of GOD, who raised Jesus from the dead. And it is also GOD's will, righteousness and justice that the Son should be raised from the dead.

Wherefore, overall GOD in oneness and togetherness in the Trinity, played a role in raising Jesus from the dead.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cassandra

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that sometimes God spoke through Jesus, I believe that God rose his Son up from the dead by the holy spirit.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Reader can decide for yourself.... what all this means........

Jesus said... "I and my Father are One"
Jesus said.. "if you've seen ME, you've seen the Father"
Jesus said... "You believe in God, believe also, in Me".
Jesus said... "i am from Above, and you are from below"
Jesus said to the 11 Apostles..."As/And He BREATHED on them..... = receive you The Holy Spirit"
"God Breathed into Adam, and Adam became a living Soul".

"God hath raised JESUS from the Dead".

Jesus said, """No man taketh my Life from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up, again"

"in the Beginning God CREATED the Heaven's and The EARTH".

""""Jesus was in the world, and though the world was made by Him, the world did not recognize Him."""

"Study, (Reader)., and show yourself approved unto God'""""".
That word of God is the final answer.
it is the Truth on every Page, you turn, but you have to rightly divide it by spiritual discernment, or it will remain under lock and key.
See a good Teacher for that solution........
The HOLY BIBLE.... is Light for life, and if you find it, you are enlightened, Spiritually.
Believe it.
You are one of the few that actually understand. Praise ADONAI!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Really ....Where is that verse?
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Rom 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in all of scripture does it ever say that? Jesus has “brothers”…nowhere does it ever say that he has “sons” because he is a son himself.
Of course he has siblings. I don't know where you get the idea I implied Immanuel has sons.

Immanuel means , God with us. That's pretty clear. Along with all the other verses that has him telling us he is the Father.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I believe that sometimes God spoke through Jesus, I believe that God rose his Son up from the dead by the holy spirit.
Hebrews 1:1&2, Long ago, at many times and in many ways, GOD spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days HE has spoken to us by HIS Son,......

Apparently, GOD did speak to their fathers by the prophets, and indeed too HE did speak through HIS Son to their fathers. As the Son then was referred to as the Word, hence until the Word became flesh and named, Jesus.

And when GOD personally spoke, it was an audible and terrifying voice heard from Heaven, whether in the Old or New Testament. Where upon hearing HIS voice, their people will drop on the ground like dead.

That's why i believe usually GOD spoke through HIS Son, whom is the Word of GOD. Even to their prophets long ago. i believe the Son's audible voice was not so terrifying compared to the FATHER.

Next, like the spirit of truth testifies, GOD mainly indeed had a role in raising Jesus from the dead. And even the Son had His role, and at the end, the Holy Spirit carried out the task.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a lot of places it says God raised Jesus from the dead. No place does it say Jesus raised himself from the dead.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1:1&2, Long ago, at many times and in many ways, GOD spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days HE has spoken to us by HIS Son,......

Apparently, GOD did speak to their fathers by the prophets, and indeed too HE did speak through HIS Son to their fathers. As the Son then was referred to as the Word, hence until the Word became flesh and named, Jesus.

And when GOD personally spoke, it was an audible and terrifying voice heard from Heaven, whether in the Old or New Testament. Where upon hearing HIS voice, their people will drop on the ground like dead.

That's why i believe usually GOD spoke through HIS Son, whom is the Word of GOD. Even to their prophets long ago. i believe the Son's audible voice was not so terrifying compared to the FATHER.

Next, like the spirit of truth testifies, GOD mainly indeed had a role in raising Jesus from the dead. And even the Son had His role, and at the end, the Holy Spirit carried out the task.
Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts on those things, Fred.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
All three persons of the Trinity raised Jesus from the dead!
Indeed, all three played and completed their role, from giving to the fulfillment of the Scripture, and finally to the resurrection.

Now, if the Son did not lay, or fail to lay, or fall short in laying down His life, indeed He will be not able to lift it up ever again. And too, there will not take place the commandment GOD, it's a go, nor the Holy Spirit power able to carry out the resurrection.

And, if the FATHER respond nor command not, the Son remain innocently dead, and the Holy Spirit power move not. Again, if the Holy Spirit power move not, there will be no resurrection at all.

It's a GOD ordained cycle for the Trinity to unite and function as one body, a force to meet and to reckon with. Even, a force that break down and to shreds every strongholds.

Last edited:

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Where in all of scripture does it ever say that? Jesus has “brothers”…nowhere does it ever say that he has “sons” because he is a son himself.
Here you go my lady, Matthew 13:55 and Mark 6:3

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
In a lot of places it says God raised Jesus from the dead. No place does it say Jesus raised himself from the dead.
Romans 8:11, says the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead. Nevertheless, GOD indeed part of the role in raising Jesus from the dead, and even to the Son His role together.

For instant, if Jesus did not complete His role, the other two role in the Trinity cannot complete theirs. In other words, it can be said, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, and the FATHER raised Jesus from the dead, and also the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead.

Scripture contextually testifies that three of them in their individual role performed, completed the resurrection. Overall, on that day, the FATHER resides in Heaven and in secret as always. While, the Son was dead buried for three days and nights in the ground.

Finally, the Holy Spirit who hover over the earth and water, the power who raised Jesus from the dead in the end.