Did mind–body dualism exist before original sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becoming physical sin to interact doesn't mean He had sin in His heart.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Becoming physical sin to interact doesn't mean He had sin in is heart.
And that still only occurred on the Cross, not before. You are trying to shoehorn a doctrine that just isn't there.
(I am beginning to suspect that you realize that. [I know, slow learner...
full
])

Last edited:

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that still only occurred on the Cross, not before. You are trying to shoehorn a doctrine that just isn't there.
(I am beginning to suspect that you realize that. [I know, slow learner...
full
])
Where does it say it was only on the cross?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know how people with near death experiences can account for themselves in Heaven? Do you think they are physical when their body is temporarily dead on Earth?

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if Adam and Eve were incorporeal before the fall? And the passage that tells us God clothed them in skin after the fall was when Adam and Eve obtained physical mortal bodies.
full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...the human soul dwelt in the human body which was affirmed and valued as the microcosm. According to Abraham ibn Ezra, God began his work of creation with the intangible (including angels and the highest dimension of the human soul created in the image of the angelic sphere), which could be denominated as the macrocosm, while he completed his work of creation by engendering the material world inclusive of the human body which was the very microcosm."

Luke 17:21
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

full

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anyone getting the hint that physicality isn't in Heaven for humans that are not Jesus?

pittsburghjoe

Jan 20, 2021
West PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anyone suggesting that Jesus and Elijah are floating around outer space? Of course there is point where they transition over to God's Kingdom.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say it was only on the cross?

The Bible is clear that Jesus was without sin when He walked the earth.

It follows that He became sin for us while dying on the Cross; because He was without sin before that occurred.

I'm saying it is quantum waves.

Sounds like gnosticism to me.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...the human soul dwelt in the human body which was affirmed and valued as the microcosm. According to Abraham ibn Ezra, God began his work of creation with the intangible (including angels and the highest dimension of the human soul created in the image of the angelic sphere), which could be denominated as the macrocosm, while he completed his work of creation by engendering the material world inclusive of the human body which was the very microcosm."

Luke 17:21
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

full
Is it me or does the depiction of Heaven 1 in that diagram make one think of the Borg?

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it me or does the depiction of Heaven 1 in that diagram make one think of the Borg?
I think Roddenberry was mocking New Jerusalem for sure.

Personally, I believe the shape alludes to a Tesseract...

full

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is anyone suggesting that Jesus and Elijah are floating around outer space? Of course there is point where they transition over to God's Kingdom.
I believe the Saved are still in Abraham's Bosom. It is not until New Jerusalem descends that Abraham's Bosom is finally emptied out. I would assume Elijah is there. Some believe Elijah was transported to the future to be one of the Two Witnesses.

If we simply look at the New Heaven and New Earth from a Scientific standpoint, we would conclude that it is a Parallel Universe.

Not only is the New Heaven and New Earth a Parallel Universe, it is also a place that Humans can travel to and from via Portals...

Revelation 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

John literally traveled to a Parallel Universe and back. I find that to be absolutely extraordinary.

If John can travel through an Interdimensional Portal, then technically, so could other entities.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying it is quantum waves.
Behind the Quantum Wave is the Software Code that makes up the framework of our Physical Reality...

Hebrews 11:3
"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

full

That is your Highest Heaven right there, where the Father, Word, and Holy Ghost are unified in a field of pure information. It is where the Three become One.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it is a matter (no pun intended) of not knowing what QW's are?

In Quantum Physics, Even Humans Act As Waves

Wave Function Collapse was a major component of Ezekiel's vision of the Whirling Wheels...

Ezekiel 1:4
"And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire."

A 'fire infolding itself' is a perfect description of Electrons as they whirl about the Nucleus, and this is precisely what God was showing Ezekiel...

full

In fact, the word 'Amber' is where we get our word for 'Electron'. Ezekiel was literally being shown Electron Orbitals.

God gave the Electrons themselves the symbol of the Eye. That is what Freemasons call the 'All Seeing Eye' BTW...

Proverbs 15:3
"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good."

The All Seeing Eye is the Holy Ghost...

Ezekiel 1:20
"Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels."

Why did God give Electrons the symbol of the Eye? I believe it is to teach us about Wave Function Collapse.

The Electron Eye is also Light, which is Electromagnetism...

Matthew 6:22
"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."

Scientific proof of God is all throughout the Bible.

;)

Reactions: WaterSong

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another great video explaining Wave Function Collapse and the *CONSCIOUS* All Seeing Eye of the Holy Ghost Electron...

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It always pains me to see Christians endlessly debate the Godhead/Trinity when it is so clearly explained to us in Scripture...

Romans 1:20
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

The Invisible Things of God would be the Word of God Software Code. This Software Code provides the Framework that creates Matter.

The 'Things that are made' are made up of Matter. Romans 1:20 teaches us that Matter is made of the Godhead. Thus, what the Bible calls the Godhead (Holy Trinity), is what Science calls the Atom.

Ezekiel was being given a vision of the Godhead...

full

Not only was Ezekiel's vision of the Holy Trinity, it was also a vision of the Word becoming Flesh. It was a Prophecy of the future Messiah in the context of how he would be incarnated via the Holy Ghost...

Matthew 1:20
"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost."

The Gnostics have it wrong. Matter is not evil. Matter is simply God manifesting himself in all of creation as the Godhead...

Colossians 1:17
"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

It is Truly amazing what One can learn by taking the Bible literally.

;)

Reactions: justbyfaith