Did the messengers lie about Jesus coming in the first century?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my Perspective God used the Gentile nation to wipe out those in Jerusalem, Nero played a part in the context of history that I provided from Revelation Chapter 17

Nero played a part in history but has nothing to do with biblical prophecy and certainly not Rev 17.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for making it very clear that you do not believe Revelation is completed, or whatever it is you would like to present further, you have made your case very clear and explict, ewq1938.

You are more than free to share your views, on whatever else you want to but just know that there are always two sides of everything.

Some say no, this that and this.
Some say yes, this that and that.

:) Okay friend. Its between individuals and God. And I am not here to judge you nor do I believe I am better than you because of my view @ewq1938 to each their own they must be convinced in their own minds.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are more than free to share your views, on whatever else you want to but just know that there are always two sides of everything.

True. One side is right and the other side is wrong. The evidence will show that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood sir.

So how are you doing tonight? It is 10:10 Pm here, just relaxing not doing to much. I work at night normally but tonight is day off, might grab a bite to eat in a little bit, then finish up the clothes and may take a nap. I just like writing on here sometimes and sharing my views, and many people are going to think I am personally crazy and off my rocker, and people can also hate me because of the hereises that they may deem me in dabbling with-in or whatever.

You know what is great though? God doesn't condemn me for not conforming to other people and what they may deem I need to do, he lets me think and choose for myself, and that is a great mercy all of us should extend to one another, by worshiping the Father in spirit and in truth, though our perspectives may be very different.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am actually glad that you said something about either way, here is something to consider

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six." Revelation 13:18 states that if one is wise and has an understanding to count the number of the beast, which is also the number of a man, the number comes to 666.

So a person can at least know that the beast had a number that would be able to identify a certain person in time, and from that point in time it would be Nero.

Thank you for making me go back and think. :)
Sorry, I've been gone for a couple weeks...but it is simpler than that.

The message is not a puzzle but a statement of fact: "It is a number of a man"--that is, a number associated with man by God for having created him on the sixth day. And how did He create him? Of flesh. And the days of Christ are how many? "Today and tomorrow, and the third day."

This is not unlike the passage "that the man of sin should be revealed." It is not about a particular man, but about all men whom God created...that their sin should be revealed--that is, brought to light (whom is Christ), that they should choose life or death.

Each day of Christ, if a man chooses life, such a man is not destine for death, but life everlasting. But the man who chooses the flesh as he was created, whether the first day of Christ, or the second or third--such is the way of Satan.