Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But the Crimean people seem quite happy with being part of Russia..:)
Then who made Crimea such a beautiful place to visit? The Russians? The whole world sees the annexation as illegal, do you?

If the Crimean people are happy and think it's legal, then I'm happy and think it's legal and I don't give two hoots what the whole world thinks..:)
Same with the Donbas people, they lurv Putin and are happy to welcome him in.
However his invasion of the rest of Ukraine was probably illegal under international law because they don't want him, and I hope he'll be arrested and put on trial after the war, just like the top nazis and Saddam were..:)

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How people can be so gullible as to ignore post #211, throw another rock with no source given, and post more garbage like this is beyond me.
TBH, I don't read posts from people who demonstrate a level of willful ignorance as you.

If you're too lazy to confirm with a few simple keystrokes such supersonically blasphemous heresies like the one from pope Leo XIII I quoted - and instead choose to blindly deny their existence - your posts are not only unworthy of the least consideration, but have the potential to lower the collective IQ of the rest of us.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Divisions arise for two reasons: (1) saved vs unsaved and (2) true doctrines vs false doctrines. And as both Jesus and Paul said, divisions are unavoidable. The Catholic church went off the rails a long time ago. And later on the Protestant mainline denominations also went off the rails. So every person must study the Scriptures and see what the various denominations believe and practice.
No doubt there have to be differences among you to show which of you have God’s approval.

That means that SOME in The Church have God's approval and SOME don't. Why? Because SOME have their ears tickled by false prophets who twist Scripture and SOME don't. The ones that don't have God's approval.

The trick is figuring out WHO is twisting Scripture inside your church and who isn't.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again – WHY do you think God “Loved” the Sabbath?
WHY
do you think God “Blessed” the Sabbath?
Because it points to CHRIST, who is LORD of the Sabbath
Mark 2:27-28
And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.”

God made and blessed the Sabbath for MAN – just as He sent His Son to SAVE man.

You
guys are STILL stuck in the SHADOW of the promise of Christ.
WE are IN Christ.
How could the weekly Sabbath be a "shadow" pointing to sin when sin hadn't even entered the world yet and no spiritual "shadow" had fallen upon the land?

When Genesis 2 plainly tells us God made the Sabbath to point to what He'd just done, is there anything in there saying it's a "shadow" pointing to what He was going to do?

Your disregard of the testimony of Genesis 2/subjective claim the Sabbath was a shadow nailed to the Cross is as reckless as claiming the two disciples from Emmaus partook of "the first Eucharist" even though there's no mention that was the case, no mention of any cup of wine, and no mention of a spiritual song, per Matthew 26 or Mark 14.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could the weekly Sabbath be a "shadow" pointing to sin when sin hadn't even entered the world yet and no spiritual "shadow" had fallen upon the land?

When Genesis 2 plainly tells us God made the Sabbath to point to what He'd just done, is there anything in there saying it's a "shadow" pointing to what He was going to do?

Your disregard of the testimony of Genesis 2/subjective claim the Sabbath was a shadow nailed to the Cross is as reckless as claiming the two disciples from Emmaus partook of "the first Eucharist" even though there's no mention that was the case, no mention of any cup of wine, and no mention of a spiritualsong, per Matthew 26 or Mark 14.
WRONG.
Gen 2:2-3 says that by the Seventh Day, God finished the work of Creation – and blessed the Seventh Day and made it Holy.

LATER, in Ex 16:23-30, God creates the Sabbath, commanding THEM to take a day of rest and eat what they gathered.
They rested and ate the Bread from HeavenManna.

Jesus is the FULFILLMENT of that Bread from Heaven John 6:31-34. He is the Bread of Life.
As I told you before – and which YOU and your SDA friend don’t understand – is that Jesus is the entire reason for the Sabbath – and He FULFILLED it with His death and resurrection.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No – YOU R problem, as is the case with MOST anti-Catholics is that you are guilty of spiritual pride[/QUOTE]

MOI??? I think you have it all WRONG, as you say! We are NOT against the people in the pews of your church but to those who are leaders in authority who teach falsehood!

For example, they teach that the church (catholic) is the pillar and ground of truth. Yet Jesus specifically claimed that He is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE. Can you say with all honesty that YOU R church is correct?

I urge you to read Revelation Chapters 2 and 3 to get the perspective of the churches, including yours.

Doesn’t matter HOW many linguistic experts prove you wrong – THEY are ALL wrong because YOUR being wrong us “unthinkable”.

Consensus, does not mean a thing is true. Lol

This is the SAME problem that Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for (Mark 3:28–30).

These passages is speaking concerning about the "unforgivable sin." Read Matthew 12:31-32

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told you before – and which YOU and your SDA friend don’t understand – is that Jesus is the entire reason for the Sabbath – and He FULFILLED it with His death and resurrection.

WOW! Finally someone has figured it out. Yes, it is true that the cross is related to the resurrection and death of Christ, like all scriptures do. Still, although armed with this knowledge, I will wager that YOU don't have any clue at all as to it's full conclusion! Care to wager YOU who thinks who have the full understanding of Scripture, that tells people they are WRONG? It will be good to see YOU FALL on YOU R face!!! And, what great fall that would be that will reverberate throughout the Catholic Church, as if to say, Babylon the great has fallen!

To God Be The Glory

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
TBH, I don't read posts from people who demonstrate a level of willful ignorance as you.

If you're too lazy to confirm with a few simple keystrokes such supersonically blasphemous heresies like the one from pope Leo XIII I quoted - and instead choose to blindly deny their existence - your posts are not only unworthy of the least consideration, but have the potential to lower the collective IQ of the rest of us.
You mean your too willfully ignorant read the evidence that squashes your phony misrepresentations, and are too lazy to post the full context, not even a link to it.
Debate: The Anti-Catholic “Pope as God” Argument [1-1-99]
Popes Claimed to be God? / Pope as Antichrist (vs. Calvin #23) [6-30-09]
What Year Did Popes Become Antichrist? (vs. John Calvin) [3-11-10]
Pope St. Pius V Claimed to be God (Say Anti-Catholics) [2-11-11]

Did a Bishop Say Pope St. John Paul II was God? [2-11-11]

“Pope is God”? Similar Rhetoric from Luther & Bullinger [2-24-11]

Pretending I have no evidence to expose your "few simple keystrokes" might fool some people, but it won't fool everybody. Links are useful because it avoids flooding the thread with walls of text. Your empty-headed snotty remarks shows you are afraid of my evidence. @Wrangler shows the same fear with a stupid zinger ("the power of indoctrinated idolatry"). That's not discussion, it's stupid insulting persecution.

"We hold upon this Earth the place of God almighty." - Pope Leo XIII

But if the above citation is accurate, this would, of course, not be an equation of the pope with Jesus (which is absurd and blasphemous and which has never been taught by the Catholic Church), but a reference to the notion of alter Christus or little Christ — which means that the pope acts as a representative of Christ in his priestly function (as all priests do). The pope is also referred to as Peter sometimes; again, not literally, but in the sense of “successor.”

Each priest at Mass is re-creating the scene at the Last Supper, of Jesus offering the first Holy Communion and saying, this is My body. But in no sense is that any sort of equality with Christ.

1) The symbolic equation of Christ and His disciples (even all of mankind) is a most biblical concept:

John 13:20 (NRSV) . . . whoever receives one whom I send receives me; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me. (cf. Lk 9:48, Mk 9:37, Mt 18:5)

Matthew 25:35, 40 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink [etc.] . . . just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.

2) Also, the disciples speak and act in Jesus’ name (the very name Christian implies that): Mk 10:39, 41; Lk 10:17-20; Jn 14:13-14; 16:23-24; Acts 4:10, 18; 5:28, 40-41; 9:15; 1 Cor 1:10; 2 Thess 3:6; many more).

3) Furthermore, the disciples were given the power to bind and loose in Jesus’ name (impose penance and offer absolution of sins, from God): Mt 16:19; 18:18; Jn 20:23. This is the priestly function.

4) In Scripture there is often taught a mystical (but almost literal) identification of the Body of Christ (the Church: 1 Cor 12:27; Eph 1:22-23; 5:30; Col 1:24) with Christ Himself. Jesus equated Paul’s persecution of the Church with persecution of Him (Acts 9:5; cf. 8:1, 3; 9:1-2). This is incarnational theology, and poorly understood by many evangelicals.

2 Corinthians 4:10 (cf. 2 Cor 1:5-7)

Philippians 3:10 (cf. Gal 2:20)

Colossians 1:24 (cf. 2 Cor 11:23-30; Gal 6:17)

5) The prophets spoke in God’s name, in the first person (read the prophetic books of the OT for numerous examples). This might appear to an outsider as an equation with God, but as we all know, they were merely speaking for God.

6) The same would hold for the NT writers in certain instances. If men can write God’s own “God-breathed” words, then certainly they can speak for God, not as directly (in the case of the pope), but as His representative. The President’s press secretary is not the President, but he speaks for him. Papal legates speak for popes. Ambassadors speak for the countries they represent. Again, context is crucial. (phoneman and wranger's #1 enemy)

7) Note that in Scripture the Angel of the Lord is oftentimes seemingly equated with God Himself (e.g., Gen 16:7 ff.; 21:17 ff.; 22:11 ff.; 31:13; Ex 3:2; Judges 6:11 ff.; Zech 3:1-2). Yet in other passages, the Angel of the Lord is distinguished from God (2 Sam 24:16; Zech 1:12-13). So this is a clear example of a creature being described as “God,” yet we know that it is not God, from other passages. So, either this is a contradiction, and the Bible contradicts itself, or the equation is only symbolic and representative.

Since I have shown that Pope Leo XIII clearly distinguishes himself from God, his strong language at one point can only logically be interpreted as symbolic and representative — which is totally in accord with Scripture, as I have just demonstrated.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The pope represents Jesus on earth. That no more makes him equal to God than being an ambassador of the United States makes a person the same as the United States.

It’s just silly.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the Crimean people are happy and think it's legal, then I'm happy and think it's legal and I don't give two hoots what the whole world thinks..:) The only people happy with Crimea belonging to Russia are rich Russians.
Same with the Donbas people, they lurv Putin and are happy to welcome him in.
Do you think they welcomed cities and towns being turned to rubble? Do you really think Putin can orchestrate a fair election? The history of the Ukrainian flag makes it abundantly clear that Crimea has always belonged to Ukraine.
However his invasion of the rest of Ukraine was probably illegal under international law because they don't want him, and I hope he'll be arrested and put on trial after the war, just like the top nazis and Saddam were..:)
, The whole world thinks the annexation of Crimea was illegal, the referendum a sham. But you don't give two hoots what the whole world thinks.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WOW! Finally someone has figured it out. Yes, it is true that the cross is related to the resurrection and death of Christ, like all scriptures do. Still, although armed with this knowledge, I will wager that YOU don't have any clue at all as to it's full conclusion! Care to wager YOU who thinks who have the full understanding of Scripture, that tells people they are WRONG? It will be good to see YOU FALL on YOU R face!!! And, what great fall that would be that will reverberate throughout the Catholic Church, as if to say, Babylon the great has fallen!

To God Be The Glory
BofL has a better understanding of scripture that all the Whore-duh-Babble-on idiots put together. BofL does not claim to have "full knowledge of scripture", so your accusation is a straw man to begin with. Whore-duh-Babble-on idiots run when faced with scrutiny, so your rock throwing is just noise, a flaming zinger, a baseless insult.

Who determines orthodoxy? That’s the bottom line. It’s been abundantly proven by Protestant history that Scripture alone doesn’t suffice. There has to be some human interpretation and doctrinal standard and authority, for men left on their own will always distort even a fairly clear, perspicuous Scripture. For the Catholic, that authority and standard is the Catholic Church, headed by the popes and bishops and councils, with unbroken apostolic succession and authority down through the centuries. For Calvin and other Protestants, the authority is always arbitrary. Calvin simply assumes he has the authority to question received doctrine, as all heretics through the centuries had done.

Calvin: as soon as the sum of necessary doctrine is inverted, and the use of the sacraments is destroyed, the death of the Church undoubtedly ensues, just as the life of man is destroyed when his throat is pierced, or his vitals mortally wounded.

The Church cannot possibly die, because it is indefectible (as the Church had always taught). Calvin apparently lacks the faith to believe that this is the case. For him, the Church can supposedly die completely. Are God’s hands too small to preserve the Church that He Himself established (Matthew 16)? Calvin thinks so, which is strange, given his constant (commendable) emphasis on God’s sovereignty, omnipotence, and majesty.

Indefectibility of the One True Church (vs. Calvin #9)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pretending I have no evidence …@Wrangler shows the same fear with a stupid zinger ("the power of indoctrinated idolatry"). That's not discussion, it's stupid insulting persecution.

Copying and pasting is also not discussion. I remind you that YOU made the idolatrous claim that there was an assassination attempt in the 20th century on Christ.

YOU cannot even lower yourself to explain your idolatry, supposing copying and pasting makes the argument for you.

You are obviously a good Catholic, swallowing their line of indoctrination fully. Sadly, you don’t know your audience here on CB.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Copying and pasting is also not discussion. I remind you that YOU made the idolatrous claim that there was an assassination attempt in the 20th century on Christ.
The attempt to assassinate Christ occurs in every century, the 20th being the worst. We believe the Bible that says God will preserve His Church until the end of time.

YOU cannot even lower yourself to explain your idolatry, supposing copying and pasting makes the argument for you.
You can't explain how the attempt to assassinate Christ, in the form of persecution, is idolatry.

You are obviously a good Catholic, swallowing their line of indoctrination fully. Sadly, you don’t know your audience here on CB.
I know that over half the participants of this thread is an angry mob of Calvinists, SDA, anti-trinitarians, and modelists united in persecuting the Church with stupid flaming zingers.

OIP.B6HemWtfO8vTC_UdDjMXxwHaD3

I rest on God's promises you will NEVER succeed.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The attempt to assassinate Christ occurs in every century, the 20th being the worst.

Although your words are English, you are speaking a different language. I don’t speak mystical. There is no non-mystical truth in what you write.

There is no point continuing the ‘discussion.’

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you DON’T know “what happened” or WHEN “it happened” – and you are willing to walk away from Christ’s Church WITHOUT knowing – then your faith is pathetic.

Not only do you NOT know who Constantine was – you have absolutely NO idea what you THINK he did to the Church. And if you think he destroyed or perverted the Church – then you believe Jesus is a big fat LIAR for guaranteeing that His Church would NOT succumb to darkness (Matt. 16:18).

You are without a doubt, the more ignorant and faithless person I’ve debated on this forum. Well, maybe a close second to your buddy, @Taken . . .
Just cause i cant pin point the exact moment in history it happend dont mean i cannot discern between truth and falsehood .
Look whenever it happened matters not , THE FACT IT DID HAPPEN is what matters and why i refuse to sit under it .
Your reponse is a lot like this . You tell me to go wash and get clean and yet the water hole
you send me to go bathe in is full of feces , puke and debris . THEN i tell you , That water is filthy
now i dont know when it started to get filthy , BUT rest assured Just cause i dont know the exact date
that water hole became infected , DONT THEN mean i am gonna go ahead and go bathe in it .
As with the CC , i dont exactly know when the place tanked , I JUST KNOW IT DID . thus , YOu wont see me entering into
convenant with it .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you DON’T know “what happened” or WHEN “it happened” – and you are willing to walk away from Christ’s Church WITHOUT knowing – then your faith is pathetic.

Not only do you NOT know who Constantine was – you have absolutely NO idea what you THINK he did to the Church. And if you think he destroyed or perverted the Church – then you believe Jesus is a big fat LIAR for guaranteeing that His Church would NOT succumb to darkness (Matt. 16:18).

You are without a doubt, the more ignorant and faithless person I’ve debated on this forum. Well, maybe a close second to your buddy, @Taken . . .
Why herein is a common factor you have with many . Most folks see me as the most ignorant and faithless person ever
and many have called me names much , much worse than this . Like anti christ , son of perdition .
And it dont seem to matter what denomination it is , most folks see me as this .
But remember this . By grace i stayed in one book , THE BIBLE and learned THAT JESUS , HIS DOCRINE
the apostels doctrine and was not lulled to sleep by some mans denomination .
Marvel not if the world hates the fundamental JESUS FOLLOWING BIBLE READING christain . And i say that to all denonminations .
THAT is one of the things that the denominations all have in common . THEY CANT STAND the ONES WHO STAYED IN THOSE BIBLES
and wont budge from that doctrine . YET they all seem to say the BIBLE was inspired by GOD ,
rather odd , HOW COME THEY DONT JUST RETURN TO IT and TEACH that , but rather always seem to teach
the doctrines of men that twisted the bible in order to , HAVE CONVERTS who sat under them . Rather odd .
But then it aint so odd if we would just learn the JESUS of the bible FOR OURSELVES . The bible might
have been the number one selling book of all time , BUT IT SURE aint the most loved and read book of all time .
TOO many use it as most to support their own denominational teachings . At best they know some truths
just not THE TRUTH . and that IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM for them , specially on the DAY OF THE LORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime
Status
Not open for further replies.