Difference between Catholic and Protestant.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello Brakelite,

He told you to eat the "biscuit" Brakelite (1 Corinthians 11:24-25, Luke 22:19). You, in an effort to be derogatory and belittling toward us Christians, call it a biscuit. Paul disagrees with you (1 Corinthians 10:16). But that's ok Braklite. Us Christians have been persecuted by people like you since the beginning of Christianity for believing and obeying Him. You have been deceived by your Protestant men who were students of Protestant men. You listen to and obey those men to rely on your interpretation of Scripture. I will put my men up against your men anyday:

Ignatius (a student of the Apostle John, 110AD): They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again.”

Notice how Christians still to this day believe what Jesus said (it is His body/blood) and what Paul said (it is a participation in His body/blood) and what Ignatius said? You and your ilk deny them.

You can join us Braklite. Or you can continue to mock us to your own detriment. Your friends who like your derogatory comment ( @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d @Phoneman777 )are welcome to join us also.
But Mary. Even if that were really Jesus and not a biscuit and you ate Him every day, that would still not be a relationship. We don't relate to reach other by consuming them as food. Those scriptures where Jesus Himself said,
KJV John 6:53-58
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.

As you are aware, and is completely understandable, not everyone was okay with that idea. Instead of asking questions and enquiring further, they just up and left. Too hard for them.

KJV John 6:59-60
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it?

But His closest disciples stayed. They knew there was a deeper meaning to His words, that He wasn't talking about cannibalism, because such a practise was simply am abomination to all, Jew and gentile. Jesus asked them...

KJV John 6:61-62
61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?

Clearly they couldn't eat Him... He wasn't always going to be there, so Jesus explained...

KJV John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life .

It is the words of God... Man cannot live on bread...... But by every word of God doth man live.
It is the words that we are to eat. It is the word of God that brings life and power... It is the work of the Spirit through the word of God that feeds, sanctifies, cleanses, instills righteousness, purifies, and creates the new man. The very power of creation... God said let there be... Is the power inherent in God's word. And it is through His word that therein is formed a relationship with Jesus. The flesh profiteth nothing.

"I am the bread of life,” the Author, Nourisher, and Supporter of eternal, spiritual life. In John 6:35 Christ represents Himself under the similitude of heavenly bread. To eat His flesh and to drink His blood means to receive Him as a heaven-sent teacher. Belief in Him is essential to spiritual life. Those who feast on the Word never hunger, never thirst, never desire any higher or more exalted good.

Eating represents nearness to Christ—Christ explained the meaning of His words so clearly that none need stumble over them. His statement regarding eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the Son of God, is to be taken in a spiritual sense. We eat Christ’s flesh and drink His blood when by faith we lay hold upon Him as our Saviour.
Christ used the figure of eating and drinking to represent that nearness to Him which all must have who are at last partakers with Him in His glory. The temporal food we eat is assimilated, giving strength and solidity to the body. In a similar manner, as we believe and receive the words of the Lord Jesus, they become a part of our spiritual life, bringing light and peace, hope and joy, and strengthening the soul as physical food strengthens the body.
It is not enough for us to know and respect the words of the Scriptures. We must enter into the understanding of them, studying them earnestly, eating the flesh and drinking the blood of the Son of God. Christians will reveal the degree to which they do this by the healthiness of their spiritual character. We must know the practical application of the Word to our own individual character-building. We are to be holy temples, in which God can live and walk and work. Never must we strive to lift ourselves above the servants whom God has chosen to do His work and to honor His holy name. “All ye are brethren.” Let us apply this Word to our individual selves, comparing scripture with scripture.
In our daily lives, before our brethren and before the world, we are to be living interpreters of the Scriptures, doing honor to Christ by revealing His meekness and His lowliness of heart. Christ’s teachings are to be to us as the leaves of the tree of life. As we eat and digest the bread of life, we shall reveal a symmetrical character. By our unity, by esteeming others better than ourselves, we are to bear to the world a living testimony of the power of the truth....
When men submit entirely to God, eating the bread of life and drinking the water of salvation, they will grow up into Christ. Their characters are composed of that which the mind eats and drinks. Through the Word of life, which they receive and obey, they become partakers of the divine nature. Then their entire service is after the divine similitude, and Christ, not man, is exalted.
Jesus is the tree of life. I am the Bread of life. The words that I speak to you, they are Spirit and they are life.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church condemns no one to hell.
You are misinformed.

I will contunue to keep you in ny prayers.

Welcome to the ignore list..
As a catholic, you above all else should be aware it's a crime against the Roman catholic church to misrepresent the official position of the church, formerly punishable by death, but for now by excommunication, understand?

Excerpt from papal bull Unam Sanctam, issued in 1302 A.D. by Pope Boniface VIII -- remember, Philip James, no pope can or ever has erred when speaking "ex cathedra", right? So, then, let's find out what pope Boniface said:

"Now, therefore, we declare, say, define, and pronounce that for every human creature it is altogether necessary for salvation to be subject to the authority of the Roman pontiff."​

Reactions: Brakelite

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I find it offensive that the church you defend condemns to hell all us here who refuse to submit unequivocally to the supposed ecclesiastical authority of your leader, the pope, which is an anti-Biblical doctrine from the pits of hell. Therefore, your mere presence and defense of such is an offense to every non-catholic who believes in Jesus as our sole Savior, Redeemer, and Intercessor.
upload_2022-10-17_0-27-5.jpeg

upload_2022-10-17_0-31-17.jpeg

upload_2022-10-17_0-34-10.jpeg
th

th
th

th

Pope Francis: ‘consult the Bible as often as your cellphone'

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:closed::moduty:
This thread has been permanently closed. There is little or no regard to the forum rules. I suggest reading them again before posting on other threads.
:rulz::locked1:

Reactions: Philip James
Status
Not open for further replies.