Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I Fear to tread here, for fear that I will be trod on: But I am intrepid, an adventurer and a fool of sorts, so here goes.

Who created the Hell of Christendom? Is hell and hades not just the common grave?

One of the problems is that the word 'hell' has changed its meaning. Centuries ago, it meant 'the common grave' - and so the KJV uses it to translate the Hebrew word 'Sheol' and the Greek word 'Hades'.

These days, most people understand 'Hell' to be a place of suffering, the place of final punishment for the wicked. That's why modern Bible translations only use the word 'hell' to translate 'Gehenna'.

So: Hell is "just the common grave" - but only if you're using the KJV.

But Hell in the sense of Gehenna is nevertheless a Biblical concept - it wasn't invented by Constantine.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 10
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

No mention of a spirit. I believe spirit and soul are interchangeable.

o

So the body goes to your hell as well? The smell of burning flesh must be a bit on the nose, hey?

But my question was "who created Hell".

We will never get through the rest if you keep dodging the real question.

Try these thoughts:

What happens at death is no mystery to Jehovah, the Creator of the brain. He knows the truth, and in his Word, the Bible, he explains the condition of the dead. Its clear teaching is this: When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think. Not even one part of us survives the death of the body. We do not possess an immortal soul or spirit. *

Where did the flame go?

6 After Solomon observed that the living know that they will die, he wrote: “But the dead know nothing at all.” He then enlarged on that basic truth by saying that the dead can neither love nor hate and that “there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave.” (Read Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10.) Similarly, Psalm 146:4 says that when a man dies, “his thoughts perish.” We are mortal and do not survive the death of our body. The life we enjoy is like the flame of a candle. When the flame is put out, it does not go anywhere. It is simply gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is a Tigers Rugby League Football team, there are tigers in the Western Plains Zoo and there are a couple of white tigers on the God Coast. We also have Zebra Crossings. So there!!!!!!LOL

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When a person dies, he ceases to exist.

Let me know if I got this right, for you and JW's there is an earthly hope and not a heavenly hope but there is a hope to live forever on a paradise earth unless you're one of the literal 144,000 because only they can have a heavenly hope; otherwise, you are part of the great crowd with just an earthly hope and Jehovah will wipe out part of you when he recreates you and you will not be you anymore, anyway. So, for JW's, man does not have a spiritual nature, Jesus does not have a spiritual nature, only the archangel Michael does and only he exists for eternity. As for those not part of the Watchtower, they are Apostates and will be wiped out.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But my question was "who created Hell".

If the above post is what you believe, looks like we have our answer.

There is no hope in your beliefs, you pervert the gospel, you have no Savior, you don't believe in a spiritual nature and your God is impersonal, your God just lights the light bulbs, so to speak and you identify yourself as being a slave living in a black and white world.

Is being on this Christian forum part of your service ministry?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Annihalation and dietary restrictions are markers for 19th century cults. Medical restricts were also common - Christian Science and JW (no blood transfusions) today.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let me know if I got this right, for you and JW's there is an earthly hope and not a heavenly hope but there is a hope to live forever on a paradise earth unless you're one of the literal 144,000 because only they can have a heavenly hope; otherwise, you are part of the great crowd with just an earthly hope and Jehovah will wipe out part of you when he recreates you and you will not be you anymore, anyway. So, for JW's, man does not have a spiritual nature, Jesus does not have a spiritual nature, only the archangel Michael does and only he exists for eternity. As for those not part of the Watchtower, they are Apostates and will be wiped out.

Sorry, you didn't get it right, try again. They say, if you give enough monkeys enough typewriters and enough time they may come up with the Encyclopaedia Britannica.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If the above post is what you believe, looks like we have our answer.

There is no hope in your beliefs, you pervert the gospel, you have no Savior, you don't believe in a spiritual nature and your God is impersonal, your God just lights the light bulbs, so to speak and you identify yourself as being a slave living in a black and white world.

Is being on this Christian forum part of your service ministry?

Nope! Still haven't got it right, no where near it, but a good angry bit of bigotry though, looks like you have practices a bit.

I do understand why Jot will not argue Semantics:

noun, ( used with a singular verb)
1. Linguistics.
  1. the study of meaning.

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!
That's a mouthful.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Matthew 10
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

No mention of a spirit. I believe spirit and soul are interchangeable.

o
Check out Mathew 22:37
Jesus said to love God with:

Your heart ------ the spirit
Your soul --------the soul
Your mind--------the body

Man is a 3 part being:
Body
Soul
Spirit

One could also believe that man is a two part being:
Body
Soul
In this case the spirit becomes a part of the soul. I believe it's easier to understand the function of each if the soul and spirit are separated.

Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Fear to tread here, for fear that I will be trod on: But I am intrepid, an adventurer and a fool of sorts, so here goes.

I'm sure you've been trod on countless times at your age. What harm will conducting a conversation behind the comfort of your computer do you? Unless you lived that much of a sheltered life then that's a different story.

Who created the Hell of Christendom?

The same one that created the heavens and the earth?

Is hell and hades not just the common grave?

Well, there is the hell meant only for angels called "outer darkness", also known as the bottomless pit, another hell that the souls of the dead are sent to, typically called Hades, and then there is THE hell, where both death and hell, and all unrepentant chumps will be thrown in on the day of judgement.

What is meant by the "Memorial Tombs". Why would Adam and Eve have needed an immortal soul if they were to live on a paradise earth forever, as was the original promise? Has the promise of mankind living on a paradise earth been withdrawn or is it still in the plan by God? Was Jesus immortal before he was raised to the heavens after his death?

The souls of Adam and Eve were never 'immortal', if they were there wouldn't be a need for the tree of life to begin with. That's why they were thrown out of the garden, so that they can't eat of the tree and live forever.

Reactions: Armadillo and aspen

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Isaiah 45:7
"I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the Lord, do all these things.’"

John 1:2-4
"He [Jesus] was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made."

Scptta, you seem to be a bit calmer than the ones who haven’t taken their pills on time, but my question was a loaded one, of course. No one goes near the truth of the matter, so please allow me to iterate this suggestion:

Throughout the Bible it tells us that God, Jehovah the almighty is a loving God. The saving of his chosen people in ancient times was done in love. It is also obvious from the reward that the ransom Sacrifice and that sacrifice of his only begotten son, not forgetting the words:
King James Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The coming of the cleansing the earth of the wicked followers of Satan, and returning this earth to a paradise, as Jehovah has promised, is a promise of more love than anyone here could muster.

Now, my point is this, why would such a loving God create a place of eternal torment and hand the baddies over to Satan, Gods Arch enemy?

If God created Hell he would have had malicious intent for humans....Not possible.

Every Bible quote on this verse says "everlasting life" No mention of immortality. Adam and Eve were promised everlasting life on a paradise earth, there was no offer of killing them off and taking them to heaven.

Is there a reciprocal agreement between God and Satan where those condemned to hell can be returned to the "Church" and made into a saint? Consider Joan D' Arc.

OKAY
And shunning, another sign of being in a cult.

! Second question.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BoL and Marakopia really need to hang out.....

Reactions: Job

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm sure you've been trod on countless times at your age. What harm will conducting a conversation behind the comfort of your computer do you? Unless you lived that much of a sheltered life then that's a different story.

Very timid, very shy, very sheltered here in the colonies, that's me.

The same one that created the heavens and the earth? So you are saying God created Hell, that doesn't sound like the loving God does it. Did you read my answer in #37?

Well, there is the hell meant only for angels called "outer darkness", also known as the bottomless pit, another hell that the souls of the dead are sent to, typically called Hades, and then there is THE hell, where both death and hell, and all unrepentant chumps will be thrown in on the day of judgement.

But Hell and Hades are translated as the same place in the Hebrew scriptures and only refer to the common grave. I have never heard of the outer darkness, but I have heard of the bottomless pit where Satan and his rebellious angels will go after the 1000 years reign of Jesus and the 144,000 faithful and discreet slave class.

If death is going to be thrown into The Hell, where will anyone that sins after that go to. remember that the Bible says "There will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous" what happens to the unrighteous that don’t meet muster.

The souls of Adam and Eve were never 'immortal', if they were there wouldn't be a need for the tree of life to begin with. That's why they were thrown out of the garden, so that they can't eat of the tree and live forever.

One thing right, well done. Adam and Eve were never immortal, either was any man after that. Jesus was not immortal until he ascended into the heavenly realm after his death. Yes, man was meant to live forever, which they could do without immortality, but other than the 144,000 live forever on a restored paradise earth.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing right, well done. Adam and Eve were never immortal, either was any man after that. Jesus was not immortal until he ascended into the heavenly realm after his death. Yes, man was meant to live forever, which they could do without immortality, but other than the 144,000 live forever on a restored paradise earth.

Uh huh.......so you believe all that open space on earth will be just for a handful of people?

Reactions: Armadillo