Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh huh.......so you believe all that open space on earth will be just for a handful of people?

You don’t show much logic! What will those people be doing, plus all the ones that are resurrected right back to Able, and including the faithful in the Truth now.
The population of Egypt, the first world power 5000 years ago had a population of between 2 and 4 million. You can do the sums from Adam's time,

Egypt and the Pharaoh dynasties were well established in Moses time, about 1300BCE It was a world power and great armies and many citizens plus outlying tribes that relied on this nation.

There will be over 8 million to start with and if you do a bit of a study in the increase of humans from Adam's time, you will be surprised how big the population will get to be, Also there will be no death, no sickness, no miscarriages, no abortions or illness of any kind, and this one, The faithful and righteous will be on earth forever.

God's Word, the Bible tells us this, not just me, so if you don’t mind, don't say "you" when you ask me a question. Interpretation belongs to God.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Check out Mathew 22:37
Jesus said to love God with:

Your heart ------ the spirit
Your soul --------the soul
Your mind--------the body

Man is a 3 part being:
Body
Soul
Spirit

One could also believe that man is a two part being:
Body
Soul
In this case the spirit becomes a part of the soul. I believe it's easier to understand the function of each if the soul and spirit are separated.

Hello there :)
The way I see it is...like three circles. WISH I COULD DRAW IT! Ha!
Body= the outer court ...(represented by the Tabernacle patten in scriptures.)
..linked/door to the next circle by the mind.( which is being renewed)
Soul being within the middle circle, is a picture of the Holy Place in the tabernacle.
..and the heart
links/door to the third circle. Which is represented by the Holy Of Holies where the Ark of The covenant dwells.
And (our spirit is united) with God's Spirit (at salvation) is the throne room of the third circle. ( kingdom of Heaven within)
.................Link.................Link.
O =body ( mind) O,=Soul, (Heart) O=Spirit and our spirit united.
None divided but body soul and Spirit linked.

We know God by and through the Spirit..our 'spirit' returns to Him.
Our soul must ( unlike Adam) be yielded to the Spirit in us..( the new man= "living in the Spirit")
But we know so often our Body/flesh has it wants, and our mind wants it's own way, so the soul so often follows the flesh, rather than the Spirit. :(
9 "Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls."
21 ".. and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls."

I believe this is the "overcoming" of (Rev 2) ..when the flesh has no more control over us..the old man being dead ...and the new man totally yielded.

But, :D this is what I believe and how I see it!
Many blessings...H

Reactions: amadeus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t show much logic! What will those people be doing, plus all the ones that are resurrected right back to Able, and including the faithful in the Truth now.
The population of Egypt, the first world power 5000 years ago had a population of between 2 and 4 million. You can do the sums from Adam's time,

Egypt and the Pharaoh dynasties were well established in Moses time, about 1300BCE It was a world power and great armies and many citizens plus outlying tribes that relied on this nation.

There will be over 8 million to start with and if you do a bit of a study in the increase of humans from Adam's time, you will be surprised how big the population will get to be, Also there will be no death, no sickness, no miscarriages, no abortions or illness of any kind, and this one, The faithful and righteous will be on earth forever.

God's Word, the Bible tells us this, not just me, so if you don’t mind, don't say "you" when you ask me a question. Interpretation belongs to God.

And yet, in this rant, you didn't cite not one scripture, because there is no such scripture. This is all your own interpretation.

Reactions: Armadillo and Job

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nope! Still haven't got it right, no where near it, but a good angry bit of bigotry though, looks like you have practices a bit.

I do understand why Jot will not argue Semantics:

noun, ( used with a singular verb)
1. Linguistics.
  1. the study of meaning.

Ok

Have a nice evening!

Reactions: Job

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was thinking that too. It'd be a good spectator thread.

o

Like all cults though, when the going gets tough..the tough get going. If you defend your faith with them, they move on. I asked for tiger's feedback on HIS beliefs and he replied by calling me a monkey. Can't he see I'm an armadillo?

Reactions: aspen

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Soul being within the middle circle, is a picture of the Holy Place in the tabernacle.
..and the heart
links/door to the third circle. Which is represented by the Holy Of Holies where the Ark of The covenant dwells.
And (our spirit is united) with God's Spirit (at salvation) is the throne room of the third circle. ( kingdom of Heaven within)

Can you back this ideology with Biblical Scriptures?
Our soul must ( unlike Adam) be yielded to the Spirit in us..( the new man= "living in the Spirit")
But we know so often our Body/flesh has it wants, and our mind wants it's own way, so the soul so often follows the flesh, rather than the Spirit. :(
21 ".. and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls."

I believe this is the "overcoming" of (Rev 2) ..when the flesh has no more control over us..the old man being dead ...and the new man totally yielded.

Many blessings...H

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And they're all Jehovah Witness.

o

By George I think he has got it.....at last.

If the baddies are all going to hell, who are the unrighteous that will be resurrected? And where from?

Don''t just keep making inane comments, try to answer my questions, or they too deep and meaningful. This is a Bible Study forum, so why are you lost lot in here?

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like all cults though, when the going gets tough..the tough get going. If you defend your faith with them, they move on. I asked for tiger's feedback on HIS beliefs and he replied by calling me a monkey. Can't he see I'm an armadillo?

The Catholic Church and all the others are cults, so what are you getting at? And I never suggested you were a monkey, I like monkeys, you did that. And you never asked me about my beliefs you just waffled on about some smart Alec comment that you thought was funny.

You are not going to rile me with your cult comment, it is so typical, so mundane, so stupid that it only describes the user.

Move in with the monkeys, you might learn something, even if it is only how to type.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
..and the heart

Many blessings...H

Hi BG
You have perfectly represented the trichotomy of man.

I would like to add this:
The Spirit is our "God part".
The soul is what makes us be us. When I was Learning the above, it was said that even animals have souls. This is why each dog is different and each cat is different, as we could note if we have had pets.

But, yes, indeed the soul is affected by the spirit.
Even the body could be affected by the spirit.
Studies have shown that patients that pray have a better chance of a cure than those that don't.

I couldn't find an image like you explained, which I agree with, but I did find this:

CHURCHATTHECROSSOFCHRIST.COM_misc_image33869.png

Reactions: bbyrd009

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who created the Hell of Christendom?

Man did and I, as a Preterist and a Christian, believe there is no literal hell and the Kingdom arrived on earth in AD 70.

What is meant by the "Memorial Tombs".

I don't know what "memorial tombs" are, if you are referring to John 5:28,29 it has already taken place, it's not a future event.

Has the promise of mankind living on a paradise earth been withdrawn

No, and in the meantime, we live in a spiritual garden, the Word of God is the sword and we have access to the Tree of Life, Colossians 1:13,14 and Ephesians 6:17 and Genesis 3:24.

Was Jesus immortal before he was raised to the heavens after his death?

No, Jesus, fully man and fully God, gave up his mortality and His spirit at the Cross, Matthew 27:50.

History" The "Life Hereafter" concept did not appear in man's history until the times of the Egyptian Pharaohs, who declared themselves gods.

Pagan Rome, of Constantine's time, had three trinities in its tenet or dogma.

God meets us where we are and He isn't far from any of us, Acts 17:27.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So the body goes to your hell as well? The smell of burning flesh must be a bit on the nose, hey?

No, the body returns to the dust from where it came, Ecclesiastes 3:20.

Adam and Eve were promised everlasting life on a paradise earth, there was no offer of killing them off and taking them to heaven.

Adam and Eve were banished from the garden, Genesis 3:23, Genesis 2:17. They did not eat from the Tree of Life, they ate from the wrong tree and had to be banished otherwise they would have also ate from the Tree of Life and would live forever in disobedience.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christians are a funny bunch, each of us are different and aren't cookie cutter and since we have an individual salvation, we are all from different walks with different revelation given to us by the Holy Spirit, and God is right there with each of us in each "stage" of development while He transforms us into the image of His Son. Oh, there I go again, waffling.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Christians are a funny bunch, each of us are different and aren't cookie cutter and since we have an individual salvation, we are all from different walks with different revelation given to us by the Holy Spirit, and God is right there with each of us in each "stage" of development while He transforms us into the image of His Son. Oh, there I go again, waffling.

This is how altars were to be built to God in the OT. They would use unfinished stones, because to touch it with a tool would defile it. Exodus 20:25

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I've learned that the term 'soul' is a Hellenistic term - that is is a part of Plato's philosophy. Yet, I do see the term in the Bible in the context of spirit. Has anyone else heard this?
yes, i think spirit and soul were differentiated to advance the notion of life after death, if i remember right