Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But Hell in the sense of Gehenna is nevertheless a Biblical concept - it wasn't invented by Constantine.
you might note that one is a concept that no one can verify that supposedly occurs after death, whereas the other is firmly in Erets, where it matters.

How would you address "you and your sons will be here with me?" from (the dead) Samuel to Saul? ty

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is how altars were to be built to God in the OT. They would use unfinished stones, because to touch it with a tool would defile it. Exodus 20:25

The altar, in the Old Testament, is a shadow of the sacrifice of Jesus, the altar represents the Cross, Luke 24:27.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scptta, you seem to be a bit calmer than the ones who haven’t taken their pills on time, but my question was a loaded one, of course. No one goes near the truth of the matter, so please allow me to iterate this suggestion:

Throughout the Bible it tells us that God, Jehovah the almighty is a loving God. The saving of his chosen people in ancient times was done in love. It is also obvious from the reward that the ransom Sacrifice and that sacrifice of his only begotten son, not forgetting the words:
King James Bible
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The coming of the cleansing the earth of the wicked followers of Satan, and returning this earth to a paradise, as Jehovah has promised, is a promise of more love than anyone here could muster.

Now, my point is this, why would such a loving God create a place of eternal torment and hand the baddies over to Satan, Gods Arch enemy?

If God created Hell he would have had malicious intent for humans....Not possible.

Every Bible quote on this verse says "everlasting life" No mention of immortality. Adam and Eve were promised everlasting life on a paradise earth, there was no offer of killing them off and taking them to heaven.

Is there a reciprocal agreement between God and Satan where those condemned to hell can be returned to the "Church" and made into a saint? Consider Joan D' Arc.

OKAY
First, Adam and Eve were given a command and a choice not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, lest they die. Which is what happened. Your way of wording that and "no offer of killing them off and taking them to heaven"...is somewhat confusing. I am not sure whether you are assuming something incorrect there, or whether that is part of your question.

As for a "reciprocal agreement", no, the plan was/is to divide light/good from darkness/evil, and recover/save that which was lost (that being the good).

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The altar, in the Old Testament, is a shadow of the sacrifice of Jesus, the altar represents the Cross, Luke 24:27.
The sacrifice on the altar was symbolic of Jesus. The altar itself I do not see the symbolism with the cross except as the place the sacrifice happened.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And they're all Jehovah Witness.

o
Ha!!!, apparently God makes all that space in new Jerusalem, which according to the dimensions given in Revelation is almost the size of the entire north american continent for only 144,000 people. That makes no sense in of itself. There will obviously be a whole lot more occupying the city, and scripture makes it very clear that there will still be many other nations present in the new heaven and earth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That's what they want you to think.
well, that is my argument exactly, so then who is your "they?" Since we obviously cannot use Scripture here, right, except to verify our own positions.

That's what they want you to think.
seems like you ignored this part

"as Samuel teaches us"

i guess because it doesn't fit very well

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
well, that is my argument exactly, so then who is your "they?" Since we obviously cannot use Scripture here, right, except to verify our own positions.

seems like you ignored this part

"as Samuel teaches us"

i guess because it doesn't fit very well

What does Samuel teach us, the story of Saul and the witch?

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How would you address "you and your sons will be here with me?" from (the dead) Samuel to Saul? ty

Samuel was in Sheol, where all the dead (righteous and wicked) went.

As far as I can see, nobody goes to Hell/Gehenna until after the final judgement.

Reactions: bbyrd009

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Samuel was in Sheol, where all the dead (righteous and wicked) went.

As far as I can see, nobody goes to Hell/Gehenna until after the final judgement.

Or it was God's sovereign decision to send him and his sons to abraham's bosom despite all that he did.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christians are a funny bunch, each of us are different and aren't cookie cutter and since we have an individual salvation, we are all from different walks with different revelation given to us by the Holy Spirit, and God is right there with each of us in each "stage" of development while He transforms us into the image of His Son. Oh, there I go again, waffling.

And yet, there can be only one truth...No matter what the subject there is only one truth. There can and is many opinions but only one truth.

The creation of man was rather simple to God, he used his Active Force, which many call his Holy Spirit, to bring Adam from the dust, then God Breathed life into Adams lungs and he became a living soul....And Adam was told "The SOUL that sins shall surely die". IN Revelation is states that the earth will give up its dead and the sea will give up its dead, nothing about Hades, Limbo, purgatory etc. etc.

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, i think spirit and soul were differentiated to advance the notion of life after death, if i remember right
There can be living souls and t here can be dead souls.

The word “soul” in the Bible is a translation of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. The Hebrew word literally means “a creature that breathes,” and the Greek word means “a living being.” * The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body. Consider how the Bible shows that the human soul is the whole person:

Adam was not given a soul—he “became a living soul”

• When Jehovah God created the first man, Adam, the Bible says that “man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7, King James Version) Adam was not given a soul—he became a living soul, or person.

• The Bible says that the soul can work, crave food, eat, obey laws, and touch a dead body. (Leviticus 5:2; 7:20; 23:30; Deuteronomy 12:20; Romans 13:1) Those activities involve the entire person.
Is the soul immortal?
No, the soul can die. Dozens of Bible verses refer to the soul as being mortal. Here are some examples:

• “The soul that sinneth, it shall die.”—Ezekiel 18:4, 20, King James Version.

• In ancient Israel, the punishment for the most serious offenses was that the “soul shall be cut off.” (Exodus 12:15, 19; Leviticus 7:20, 21, 27; 19:8, King James Version) The person would “be put to death.”—Exodus 31:14, King James Version.

• After a person dies, the literal term “dead soul” is used for the corpse in some Bible verses. (Leviticus 21:11, footnote; Numbers 6:6, footnote) Although many Bible translations use the terms “dead body” or “dead person” in those verses, the original Hebrew uses the word neʹphesh, or “soul.”

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@GodsGrace Oh great you are clever, you found a drawing AND posted it...I have no idea how to post pictures and stuff. :oops:
Yes, and in the overlapping parts of the circles I see the Heart in one, and the Mind in the other. :)
Our soul, under full sway of The Spirit ( and not the flesh) brings " The renewing of the mind..."...which
"..even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." I think this is vital for physical healing too! ie, Healing is within us, in our/His Spirit...it is convinced of in our Heart, the heart changes the soul and over rules the pains or whatever in out body...that renews the mind ( from the negative to the positive) and the body is revitalized.
I am beginning to believe that is how healing come...from God Spirit, into our bodily flesh.
I muse on this :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@GodsGrace Oh great you are clever, you found a drawing AND posted it...I have no idea how to post pictures and stuff. :oops:
Yes, and in the overlapping parts of the circles I see the Heart in one, and the Mind in the other. :)
Our soul, under full sway of The Spirit ( and not the flesh) brings " The renewing of the mind..."...which
"..even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body." I think this is vital for physical healing too! ie, Healing is within us, in our/His Spirit...it is convinced of in our Heart, the heart changes the soul and over rules the pains or whatever in out body...that renews the mind ( from the negative to the positive) and the body is revitalized.
I am beginning to believe that is how healing come...from God Spirit, into our bodily flesh.
I muse on this :)
I agree. I think if we could really tap into our bodies, we could heal ourselves.
Jesus said if we really had faith and/or believed, we could move mountains.
Virtually, but it means we could do a lot.
I just don't understand why we can't and what it would take to get there.
Not that I spend my days thinking about it.

I think I posted somewhere here, that those who pray heal faster. A secular study was done regarding healing and prayer.

Also, God IS the HEALER.
All good comes from God.