Disappearing Doctrines Written by Mike Gendron.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the OP and gave my critique of the mans message in post #18.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Philip Powell left the Australian Assemblies of God
Are we talking about the same person?

How about a review on-Mike Gendron
Mike Gendron
For over 30 years, Evangelist Mike Gendron was a devout Roman Catholic and a strong defender of the "one true church." He was taught from a very early age, to trust and rely on the church, its priests, the sacraments, and his own good works for salvation. However in 1981 while attending an evangelical seminar, he realized the Bible is the supreme authority for knowing truth. His new excitement and hunger for the inspired word of God led him to help organize the very first Little Rock Scripture Study at a Catholic Church in Dallas. Mike soon realized that many of the teachings and traditions of the Catholic religion were not found in the Bible. After more study, he discovered the Roman Catholic plan of salvation was diametrically opposed to the Gospel of grace that is revealed in the Bible. After discerning that God seeks worshippers in spirit and truth, Mike left the Catholic Church in 1985 for a church where the true Gospel is proclaimed and the Scriptures are the final authority in all matters of faith.

In 1988 he left a successful career in corporate management to study at Dallas Theological Seminary. Four years later, during his last semester at DTS, Mike and his wife Janeʼs love for Catholics inspired them to begin a ministry that would point Catholics to the Lord Jesus Christ as their all sufficient Savior. Their hearts are now burdened for those who may be where they were for most of their life - eternally condemned and not even aware of it. Their international ministry, Proclaiming the Gospel, which is now 22 years old, has developed many resources to equip and encourage Christians to be effective witnesses to Roman Catholics.
Mike Gendron
For over 30 years, Evangelist Mike Gendron was a devout Roman Catholic and a strong defender of the "one true church." He was taught from a very early age, to trust and rely on the church, its priests, the sacraments, and his own good works for salvation. However in 1981 while attending an evangelical seminar, he realized the Bible is the supreme authority for knowing truth. His new excitement and hunger for the inspired word of God led him to help organize the very first Little Rock Scripture Study at a Catholic Church in Dallas. Mike soon realized that many of the teachings and traditions of the Catholic religion were not found in the Bible. After more study, he discovered the Roman Catholic plan of salvation was diametrically opposed to the Gospel of grace that is revealed in the Bible. After discerning that God seeks worshippers in spirit and truth, Mike left the Catholic Church in 1985 for a church where the true Gospel is proclaimed and the Scriptures are the final authority in all matters of faith.

In 1988 he left a successful career in corporate management to study at Dallas Theological Seminary. Four years later, during his last semester at DTS, Mike and his wife Janeʼs love for Catholics inspired them to begin a ministry that would point Catholics to the Lord Jesus Christ as their all sufficient Savior. Their hearts are now burdened for those who may be where they were for most of their life - eternally condemned and not even aware of it. Their international ministry, Proclaiming the Gospel, which is now 22 years old, has developed many resources to equip and encourage Christians to be effective witnesses to Roman Catholics.

Do you read?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mike Gendron

Mike Gendron

Do you read?
Did you read the wiki article I quoted? Apparently not. It lists Mike Gendron as a member within that organization as a speaker. The section I quoted was more on the beliefs and reasons for formation of their organization.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mike Gendron

Mike Gendron

Do you read?
Also @Johann please quote a link to the source of the message your quoting as I'm not just going to accept a message from any source. I need to be able to identify where you got the message from on the internet. You keep failing to do that.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the wrong person.
Now you're not making any sense. I read the OP and critiqued it is what I said. And this is your reply? Also are there two Mike Gendron Christian speakers on the internet? Somehow I doubt it:

Christian Witness Ministries (CWM) is a non-denominational church affiliation founded by the former National General Secretary of the Assemblies of God in Australia 1989-1992, Philip Powell. CWM publishes a quarterly magazine, Contending Earnestly for The Faith (CETF), of which Philip Powell is the editor (B. Michael Bigg assistant editor) and to which a number of authors from different backgrounds contribute, including Dave Hunt (Christian apologist), Bill Randles, Mike Gendron, Aeron Morgan, Jeffrey Whittaker, Mark Mullins, Roger Winter-Smith, and Larry DeBruyn. CWM also runs a bookshop and conducts Bible conferences and ministry tours featuring the above speakers plus Justin Peters and Peter Stokes. CWM is a watchman discernment ministry. Christian Witness Ministries - Wikipedia

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did you read the wiki article I quoted? Apparently not. It lists Mike Gendron as a member within that organization as a speaker. The section I quoted was more on the beliefs and reasons for formation of their organization.
Do a search on Wiki-Ctl+F on Mike Gendron-he is not there.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Also @Johann please quote a link to the source of the message your quoting as I'm not just going to accept a message from any source. I need to be able to identify where you got the message from on the internet. You keep failing to do that.
Just gave you the link-don't you read?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just gave you the link-don't you read?
That is sooooooo strange as you gave me a link to a google searched picture of Mike Gendron and not the source of the document you supplied. OK Johann, I think I'm done here. Let me know if you have any more accusations against the Catholic church. I will take an honest look at them as I am not Catholic but also enjoy watching Catholic Mass. It could be good for me to know. Thanks!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Now you're not making any sense. I read the OP and critiqued it is what I said. And this is your reply? Also are there two Mike Gendron Christian speakers on the internet? Somehow I doubt it:

Christian Witness Ministries (CWM) is a non-denominational church affiliation founded by the former National General Secretary of the Assemblies of God in Australia 1989-1992, Philip Powell. CWM publishes a quarterly magazine, Contending Earnestly for The Faith (CETF), of which Philip Powell is the editor (B. Michael Bigg assistant editor) and to which a number of authors from different backgrounds contribute, including Dave Hunt (Christian apologist), Bill Randles, Mike Gendron, Aeron Morgan, Jeffrey Whittaker, Mark Mullins, Roger Winter-Smith, and Larry DeBruyn. CWM also runs a bookshop and conducts Bible conferences and ministry tours featuring the above speakers plus Justin Peters and Peter Stokes. CWM is a watchman discernment ministry. Christian Witness Ministries - Wikipedia

Here-s the link on Christian Witness Ministries-

Good luck with that.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
OK, so this is another hour long video which could have accusations against the Catholic church. OK thanks for your time. I've got to get on other stuff. Cheers.
Cheers.
I am a busy man.

Need to speak up against the false religion of Rome

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a ton of material on that site @MatthewG-you just need to know how to navigate-from now on I will only share links if asked for-for the edification of the saints since most here don't open links.
Shalom brother.
J.
What site was that? I would like to take a look.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa