Disney Has Really Gone Downhill

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can sort of see what you're saying and since you're acting really friendly about it I can't get upset with you,.. but I just wanted to point this out to everybody else here. I owe @Hidden In Him a LOT of credit. At first he wasn't happy with the fact that I'm a Potterhead and celebrate Halloween, but you know what?? He got over it!!! He knew when to just back off and leave it alone and now we're both really good friends and he still likes me and accepts me for who I am. @TLHKAJ is sort of learning to do the same thing now. Also, I quoted this scripture over in a different thread and I think I'll do the same here as well. Matthew 7:1-5.
Sis, I'd like to mention that warning people of evil is not the same as judging them. Those verses are often used as a license to do anything the flesh wants and that wasn't what Jesus intended. We can see all over the NT that grace is not a license to engage in sin and darkness.

Reactions: amadeus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sis, I'd like to mention that warning people of evil is not the same as judging them. Those verses are often used as a license to do anything the flesh wants and that wasn't what Jesus intended.

The problem is what you see as evil and what I see as evil aren't the same. It's between me and the Lord of what I'm convicted of and not you. That's none of your business.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is what you see as evil and what I see as evil aren't the same. It's between me and the Lord of what I'm convicted of and not you. That's none of your business.
I can't force you ....and not being my business to lay down my rules for you is true ....but because you're my sister, it is my business to lovingly warn.

Witchcraft, satanic worship, murder, sexual immorality, pedophilia, are evil ....and that is what that industry promotes and wilfully and actively takes part in. There is no way you can justify that as good.

Are you aware that there is a condition to being a son/daughter whom He receives? It involves coming out and not wilfully partaking of the unclean.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (KJV) Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 18:2-8 (KJV) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

I say this because I care. We can leave it at that.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay well you should have stopped a long time ago with that "warning" because you could see that it wasn't getting you anywhere. Same with @Devin Wintch. He doesn't want to hear it either.

Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay well you should have stopped a long time ago with that "warning" because you could see that it wasn't getting you anywhere. Same with @Devin Wintch. He doesn't want to hear it either.
If he doesn't want to hear it, why are you calling him to this thread?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he doesn't want to hear it, why are you calling him to this thread?

So he knows that we're together in this and I have his back because he's had to put up with it for far too long as well. So if you want us to remain friends then I ask you nicely to please zip it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well to be correct I don't mind hearing it as long as it's not harassment (constantly saying it over and over), but I am an adult and choose movies based on the Holy Spirit remaining in me while I watch it. For instance I don't watch horror movies or the paranormal. But I will watch Harry Potter and I thought Disneys Frozen series were well put together and lightly entertaining. Although I have heard that they are promoting homosexual nature now so I'm shocked. It's more secular pushing children towards homosexual acceptance which is evil. OK.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me at this point it's bordering on harrassment. She hasn't shut her yapper about it since day one. Now she's having a fit that I like Disney. It isn't going to change things, so I'm not really sure what she's trying to accomplish. At least Hidden finally shut up and backed off. :rolleyes:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw, I personally love horror movies, but if you don't I won't judge. :)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me at this point it's bordering on harrassment. She hasn't shut her yapper about it since day one. Now she's having a fit that I like Disney. It isn't going to change things, so I'm not really sure what she's trying to accomplish. At least Hidden finally shut up and backed off. :rolleyes:
ENOUGH OF THAT! :mad:

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose you did choose to begin this thread. when you start a topic it kind of eggs people on. i mean this lovingly as possible. coming from a still disney princess/princess wannabe at heart.
but more importantly i would want my children if i had any to see themselves as a child of the King. i have freely admitted to @TLHKAJ that as a whole being still attracted to the disney princess thing. i never felt judged.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ENOUGH OF THAT! :mad:

Umm,.. not sure why you're yelling at me. She's really just annoying me and wouldn't leave it alone. It's been over and over that she's been talking about it now just like I was telling Devin. So she's the one at fault here not me. I can't help but be annoyed when I've asked her to drop it nicely many, many, MANY times.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose you did choose to begin this thread. when you start a topic it kind of eggs people on. i mean this lovingly as possible. coming from a still disney princess/princess wannabe at heart.
but more importantly i would want my children if i had any to see themselves as a child of the King. i have freely admitted to @TLHKAJ that as a whole being still attracted to the disney princess thing. i never felt judged.

I see your point, but the only reason why I started this thread is so that I would stop getting attacked at my Disney party.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm,.. not sure why you're yelling at me. She's really just annoying me and wouldn't leave it alone. It's been over and over that she's been talking about it now just like I was telling Devin. So she's the one at fault here not me. I can't help but be annoyed when I've asked her to drop it nicely many, many, MANY times.
Do you know why we ALL come here?
To learn how to CONTROL our emotions and our childish outbursts.
Now you pissed me off and you owe @TLHKAJ an oppology for your rudeness.
We are trying to warn you..
IT'S TIME TO GROW UP!

I'm done.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your point, but the only reason why I started this thread is so that I would stop getting attacked at my Disney party.
i have learned you cant make people do or say anything or stop them...i havent not seen @TLHKAJ in your thread and she said she was staying out of it...... know how many times my threads been hijacked? this thread should still be okay to trash disney if its open for it .
so i dont get it.
any word i speak or type there is a consequence and people will respond to it or not.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, beautiful words (in bold, above) ....what a blessing!! I appreciate your honesty. Much love❤️

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So he knows that we're together in this and I have his back because he's had to put up with it for far too long as well. So if you want us to remain friends then I ask you nicely to please zip it.
Everything I've written has been at the leading of the Lord on my heart, and written with His love. I will back off when I hear Him say to do so. It's up to you to push your sister away. That is your choice. I still care...

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frozen is one of my favorites. It's like they resurrected the old school ideas at Disney:

220px-Frozen_%282013_film%29_poster.jpg

Reactions: April_Rose