Dispensationalism versus Hyper-Dispensationalism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 2:9-10

I do not use the names I do to impress anyone, but to please my Father who wants me to walk in truth.

I totally agree.

Those are not names, but titles.

You may choose to do as the Catholics do and continue using "Jesus", but I will reject error and embrace truth whenever it is presented to me.

Where am I trying to be OT Israel?

In the Bible names are a so titles.

I know what my given and surnames mean. I lso have some formal titles. Big whoop!

I was speaking generically. But you know one on the forum that fits what I was talking about.

So you use Joshua?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not proper English. I can't understand it.

Your titles are NOT your name.

But in the Bible such as keys and names did not mean the same as they do today.

That causes a lot of confusion for a lot of people.

No, "Yeshua", the name given him by a command from heaven.

But that was a command given to speakers of Hebrew, not English.

And yet most the OT was written in Aramaic, not Hebrew and the NT in Greek.

Hebrew is not a holy language.

So what is the problem with using Joshua, which Yeshua becomes in the English?

We are talking in English and reading in English, not Hebrew.

Sorry, I don't think you've really thought this through.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

But in the Bible such as keys and names did not mean the same as they do today.

Yes, sad, isn't it? Biblical names have great meaning, but the way we render them today hides the meaning. For example, "Isaiah" is really "Yesha'Yahu" meaning "Yah has saved", but the "iah" hides the name "Yah".

No, "Yeshua", the name given him by a command from heaven.

But that was a command given to speakers of Hebrew, not English.

And yet most the OT was written in Aramaic, not Hebrew and the NT in Greek.

Hebrew is not a holy language.

So what is the problem with using Joshua, which Yeshua becomes in the English?

We are talking in English and reading in English, not Hebrew.

Sorry, I don't think you've really thought this through.
I have thought this through far more deeply than most Christians on earth.

As I said in another thread,

"Names are transliterated from one language to another as best as possible. That is why "Satan" in Hebrew is "Satan" in English. Or why "Mikhail Gorbachev" is "Mikhail Gorbachev" in English. Or why "Donald Trump" is "Donald Trump" in any language. The name our Savior was born with has undergone several changes from Hebrew to Greek to Latin to English resulting in the conglomeration of man-made errors "Jesus".
It does not matter if "Yeshua" was given to Hebrew speakers. "Yeshua" is to be transliterated (the sound brought over) into any language.

No, the OT was written in Hebrew with a few Aramaic sections.

The problem with "Joshua" is that is the erroneous English rendering of the Hebrew "Yehoshua" which means "Yah saved" or "Yah is salvation". However, the Son's name means "he will save" which is the meaning of "Yeshua". In other words, the Son was not given the same name as the soldier (the son of Nun).

Truth matters. Errors are to be forsaken and truth embraced regardless of what others may think of us. If others wish to mock us for walking in truth, that is their problem. Doing what is right in YHWH's sight is what maters.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number:
1484 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
e[qnoß probably from (1486)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Ethnos 2:364,201
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
eth'-nos Noun Neuter
Definition
  1. a multitude (whether of men or of beasts) associated or living together
    1. a company, troop, swarm
  2. a multitude of individuals of the same nature or genus
    1. the human family
  3. a tribe, nation, people group
  4. in the OT, foreign nations not worshipping the true God, pagans, Gentiles
  5. Paul uses the term for Gentile Christians

I meant a country, as Israel being a country.

Jesus Christ the man did not exist in the OT.

The second person of the Trinity was not and is not Jesus. His spirit is God, not his flesh.

Well, if you meant a country why didn't you say so? As I said, (1 Peter 2:9-10) identifies the Church as a nation.

Jesus Christ the Man, is the Son who became Man. So, I disagree, as Jesus Christ as the Son has always existed with God, as God the Son.

Therefore, since the Son has existed from eternity past, then He existed during the Old Testament days.

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you meant a country why didn't you say so? As I said, (1 Peter 2:9-10) identifies the Church as a nation.

Jesus Christ the Man, is the Son who became Man. So, I disagree, as Jesus Christ as the Son has always existed with God, as God the Son.

Therefore, since the Son has existed from eternity past, then He existed during the Old Testament days.

Stranger
Why didn't I? Because I assumed you would understand the distinction of usage.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, sinners chase after sin (breaking the law) and YHWH's children embrace the law under the NC.
Gods children embrace Christ just as He put it,

Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

but we have a perverse generation that love sin so pursue after the law

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

such as men are.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't I? Because I assumed you would understand the distinction of usage.

I believe I do understand the distinction. The term 'nation' can address a country but it can also address a group of people, such as the Church, without a physical country.

Christ said in (Matt. 21:43), "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." This can refer to the Church which is future at this point. Or it can refer to a future Israel, a nation of believing Jews as opposed to a nation who has rejected Him.

Concerning your statement about Jesus Christ, that "His spirit is God, not his flesh", I disagree. Jesus was and is the God/Man. Every part of Him. His humanity was as much as part of His Deity as His Spirit. Many look at it like Jesus Deity was from God and His humanity was from Adam. But the Son was already Deity. It was His body that was generated by the Holy Spirit.

(Luke 1:35) "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

As Lewis Sperry Chafer said, "As other men are threefold in their beings--body, soul, and spirit--this incomparable Person is fourfold, namely, Deity, human body, human soul, and human spirit." (Chafer Systematic Theology, vol. 5, DTS, p. 48-49).

I am sure this will be a good discussion. I will be out of touch for several days, but will get back at the end of the week.

Stranger

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gods children embrace Christ just as He put it,

Mat_19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Of course they do. I never said they didn't.

but we have a perverse generation that love sin so pursue after the law
Sinners run from the law as fast as they can. They do not want to be constrained by it, but want the freedom to do as they please. For that same reason they run from God as well. They don't pursue Him because they love to be constrained.

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
A righteous man will do what the law requires, but the lawless will not. The righteous are spiritually minded and will therefore allow themselves to be subject to the law, but the lawless are carnally minded. They will not subject themselves to the law (Romans 8:6-7).

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I do understand the distinction. The term 'nation' can address a country but it can also address a group of people, such as the Church, without a physical country.

Christ said in (Matt. 21:43), "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof." This can refer to the Church which is future at this point. Or it can refer to a future Israel, a nation of believing Jews as opposed to a nation who has rejected Him.

I understand those points. I just thought in the terms of our discussion the clear usage was country.

I think we have that straightened out now.

Concerning your statement about Jesus Christ, that "His spirit is God, not his flesh", I disagree. Jesus was and is the God/Man. Every part of Him. His humanity was as much as part of His Deity as His Spirit. Many look at it like Jesus Deity was from God and His humanity was from Adam. But the Son was already Deity. It was His body that was generated by the Holy Spirit.

Then you believe God died on the cross, which has no value for sin since the Bible is quite clear that since Adam brought sin upon mankind only another man could offer an escape.

(Luke 1:35) "And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God."

Jesus flesh was son of God. You never hear the term in the Old Testament referring to the second person of the Trinity.

As Lewis Sperry Chafer said, "As other men are threefold in their beings--body, soul, and spirit--this incomparable Person is fourfold, namely, Deity, human body, human soul, and human spirit." (Chafer Systematic Theology, vol. 5, DTS, p. 48-49).

No, Jesus was threefold. His body fully human, his spirit fully God and his soul/mind just like us, where the spirit and body meet and interact. But the body remains flesh and the spirit God.

I am sure this will be a good discussion. I will be out of touch for several days, but will get back at the end of the week.

Deserves a threat of its own. This is always an interesting topic.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sinners run from the law as fast as they can. They do not want to be constrained by it, but want the freedom to do as they please. For that same reason they run from God as well. They don't pursue Him because they love to be constrained.
People run from God and Christ because the Pharisees and the lawyers and the religious, put on excessive demands on them that Christ never did, like

Mat_23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

and of course they also love to impress

Luk_11:39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

yet is too a Roman to impress Jesus

Luk_7:9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

because he had faith,

yet every where Jesus went the religious wanted to kill Him.

Luk_22:2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

simply because people flocked after Him

Mat 19:14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

but teh disciple at the time being religious men

Mat 19:13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.

hasnt changed.

How dare you have faith in Jesus,
How dare you put on His righteousness
How dare you follow after Hi
you want Jesus you must come through us, you must do as we say,. you must abide by our rules, most of all you must impress us,

after all these years the pharisees , lawyers, the religious still keeping Gods Children from Christ.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
People run from God and Christ because the Pharisees and the lawyers and the religious, put on excessive demands on them that Christ never did, like

Mat_23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
This refers to the man-made commandments the Jews ADDED to Torah.

and of course they also love to impress

Luk_11:39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.
I am already inwardly clean through Yeshua. Placing greater emphasis on spiritual cleanness, however, does not mean we should place little or no emphasis on physical cleanness. Abstaining from unclean foods, from touching dead bodies, and from having sexual relations with a menstruating woman are all ways of maintaining physical cleanness. And since Yahweh's ways are above man's ways we should not seek to spiritualize these things away, but instead, obey and touch not the unclean thing.

How dare you have faith in Jesus,
How dare you put on His righteousness
How dare you follow after Hi
you want Jesus you must come through us, you must do as we say,. you must abide by our rules, most of all you must impress us,

after all these years the pharisees , lawyers, the religious still keeping Gods Children from Christ.
Yes, we are not to follow the Pharisees and THEIR rules. We are to follow Yeshua and YHWH's rules. Learn the difference.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CoreIssue

You are not listening. Jesus Christ is the God/Man. He was God and Man. Thus as a Man He was qualified to provide salvation for those of Adam.

On the cross, it was the death of God the Son, Jesus Christ.

Your statement that Jesus flesh is the Son of God is strange. Where do you get such an idea?

Start another thread, I will participate.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, we are not to follow the Pharisees and THEIR rules. We are to follow Yeshua and YHWH's rules. Learn the difference.
They dont have rules, religious men do, you should learn the difference....

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

whats sabbath keeping and teh Law got to do with Love...

here we go again..... the wheels on the law go round and round,,,,,

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
They dont have rules, religious men do, you should learn the difference....
The Pharisees were "religious" men that made a bunch of man made rules.

Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

whats sabbath keeping and teh Law got to do with Love...
Surely you jest?

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Every commandment in the Law is founded upon love. YHWH gave them to us because He loves us and wants us to love Him and others by obeying His laws.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue

You are not listening. Jesus Christ is the God/Man. He was God and Man. Thus as a Man He was qualified to provide salvation for those of Adam.

On the cross, it was the death of God the Son, Jesus Christ.

Your statement that Jesus flesh is the Son of God is strange. Where do you get such an idea?

Start another thread, I will participate.

Stranger
Where do I get that idea? The Bible.

God cannot die and Jesus did not exist pre-incarnation.

You can start a thread if you wish.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do I get that idea? The Bible.

You can start a thread if you wish.

Cute.

God the Son can die. Why? Because He was given a body.

How do you know that God the Son, who would later be Jesus Christ, did not exist before the incarnaton?

Well, it was your idea, but I guess I will have to do it. Watch for the thread, 'Who is Jesus Christ'?

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was not called *JESUS* until He was born to Mary. But the Word -- the Son of God -- existed from eternity past (from everlasting). How come you are not aware of this?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Pharisees were "religious" men that made a bunch of man made rules.

Surely you jest?

John 14:15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Every commandment in the Law is founded upon love. YHWH gave them to us because He loves us and wants us to love Him and others by obeying His laws.
see what religious men do, God gave something to the Jews that was impossible for them to keep. it like demanding your son climb a mountain you know he never will, that is not love. God sent Christ to show them a better way, we are suppose to provoke them into Jealousy because we got grace they got the law, but you like so many religious trying to "impress" God missed it all,

Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

I do hope you get some understadning,,, God is not impressed with men.....

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
see what religious men do, God gave something to the Jews that was impossible for them to keep. it like demanding your son climb a mountain you know he never will, that is not love.
Do you hear yourself? You are saying God gave them the Law because He did NOT love them?

It is irrelevant if man cannot keep the law perfectly. YHWH made a way for man to be righteous apart from the law.

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
Zacharias and Elizabeth were declared righteous while living under the Law. They were also blameless concerning obedience to the Law. Please harmonize this passage with your belief that it is impossible to keep the Law.

God sent Christ to show them a better way, we are suppose to provoke them into Jealousy because we got grace they got the law, but you like so many religious trying to "impress" God missed it all,

Luk 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Luk 5:38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.
Luk 5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

I do hope you get some understadning,,, God is not impressed with men.....
Wow, I didn't realize you had the ability to read my heart to know I keep the Law to impress God. The fact is, I keep the Law because I love my Heavenly Father and choose to obey His commandments just as I would obey my earthly father. I also keep it because I know that failing to keep it is SIN and leads to the degradation of any society.

Yes, the Jews were SUPPOSED to be provoked to jealousy, but modern day Christianity does just the opposite. The Jews look at how lawless Christians are and how they are committing idolatry by worshiping Jesus as the one true God and they want nothing to do with it. It was the pure monotheistic Torah keeping converted people of Paul's day that had the power to provoke to jealousy because they not only had the Law, but they had Messiah as well. Do you actually think a Jew who has a heart like the Psalmist when he says, "Oh how I love thy Law" (Psalm 119:97) would want to become a Christian only to have the Law he loves abolished??