Dissociative Identity Disorder (formerly Multiple Personality Disorder) and Faith, Heaven, Hell

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where do alters go upon death when only one is a Christian?

• You all go to hell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Christian alter goes to heaven, the rest go to hell

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ava

Feb 22, 2020
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello friends

My name is Ava, and I am a member of what's known as a Dissociative Identity Disorder system. This means I am one of multiple people, known as alters, who exist within this body. This can only occur when a child experiences ongoing and extreme trauma, and the brain fragments into separate identities, with separate memories and attributes, as a protective measure. We can each control the body at various times. We have different names, genders, sexualities, interests, glasses prescriptions, reactions to medications, dominant hands, allergies, and beliefs. Obviously we aren't literally different people, we are manifestations of the needs of one brain, but to us it feels like we are different people, so I refer to us as such.

I am what's known as an emotional protector and a caretaker. I look after the wellbeing of the other alters, I take care of the body when the host (the one who fronts the most) is unable to, I look after any alters who are struggling, I act as a parent to child alters and I front to calm the system down in situations of high stress or when the others are struggling with trauma.

I am not the "main" alter. If an original exists I am not it. I in fact did not exist as an alter until fairly recently in comparison to the rest of the system (once the brain has learned to split in childhood, it can continue to do so even into adulthood in response to new traumas). I am, however, the only currently active alter who is Christian. The rest range from disinterest to active dislike of Christianity, especially as some hold memories of trauma perpetuated by religious institutions or by people wielding religion as a weapon. I do not know what occurred, but I am told it was bad enough that simply being in a church or being ministered to will trigger flashbacks.

My question is this: what happens when we die? Do we all go to hell, because the others reject God? Do we all go to heaven, pulled there by my faith? Might we have separate souls, and each go to heaven or hell accordingly?

Note: I am happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to DID or our system.

Note 2: I am not looking for medical advice, so please do not try to tell me how to "cure" DID. Full integration is not an option for us and is generally considered unsafe. Any comments referring to us as demons will be ignored. Converting the others is not really an option here, when I try it triggers flashbacks.

Thank you and God bless you for any perspectives you can give

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Note 2: I am not looking for medical advice, so please do not try to tell me how to "cure" DID. Full integration is not an option for us and is generally considered unsafe. Any comments referring to us as demons will be ignored. Converting the others is not really an option here, when I try it triggers flashbacks.

If you are serious, have you not already ruled out God as a helper? If doctors and other carnal experts cannot help, why come here when you have already by your own words decided that God cannot help? Jesus said, "...according to your faith be it unto you". If you have no faith then ask for that...

"Help thou my unbelief!

Reactions: Willie T

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Hello friends

My name is Ava, and I am a member of what's known as a Dissociative Identity Disorder system. This means I am one of multiple people, known as alters, who exist within this body. This can only occur when a child experiences ongoing and extreme trauma, and the brain fragments into separate identities, with separate memories and attributes, as a protective measure. We can each control the body at various times. We have different names, genders, sexualities, interests, glasses prescriptions, reactions to medications, dominant hands, allergies, and beliefs. Obviously we aren't literally different people, we are manifestations of the needs of one brain, but to us it feels like we are different people, so I refer to us as such.

I am what's known as an emotional protector and a caretaker. I look after the wellbeing of the other alters, I take care of the body when the host (the one who fronts the most) is unable to, I look after any alters who are struggling, I act as a parent to child alters and I front to calm the system down in situations of high stress or when the others are struggling with trauma.

I am not the "main" alter. If an original exists I am not it. I in fact did not exist as an alter until fairly recently in comparison to the rest of the system (once the brain has learned to split in childhood, it can continue to do so even into adulthood in response to new traumas). I am, however, the only currently active alter who is Christian. The rest range from disinterest to active dislike of Christianity, especially as some hold memories of trauma perpetuated by religious institutions or by people wielding religion as a weapon. I do not know what occurred, but I am told it was bad enough that simply being in a church or being ministered to will trigger flashbacks.

My question is this: what happens when we die? Do we all go to hell, because the others reject God? Do we all go to heaven, pulled there by my faith? Might we have separate souls, and each go to heaven or hell accordingly?

Note: I am happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to DID or our system.

The Lord loathes to send anyone to hell, you shouldn't even entertain this thought for your alters.
1 Timothy 2:3-5 "This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,"​

He would much rather each one be reconciled to him, healed, and "integrated." The alternative is unacceptable.
1 Thessalonians 5:23: "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Jesus has nothing to do with any false religion that injured them.
James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
Have you ever met the Lord? Unlike most I have read that people with DID can go to this place and remember it.
Psalm 51:6-7 Yet you desired faithfulness even in the womb; you taught me wisdom in that secret place. Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.​

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is only one person. If you believe on Christ you will be saved, you won't have your mental illness in heaven all will be perfected.

Reactions: WaterSong

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This means I am one of multiple people, known as alters, who exist within this body. This can only occur when a child experiences ongoing and extreme trauma, and the brain fragments into separate identities, with separate memories and attributes, as a protective measu
r

Ultimately there is only one person in a body, no matter how trauma cause psychological damage to the mind.
God knows what has happened he knows whether such a damaged person is trusting in him and makes allowances for the trauma induced personalities appear not to trust him.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There IS no "we".
You have ONE body of Flesh.

An individual...
Can Have: multiple Names, Titles, specific Functions.

For Example:
Donald John Trump...the name: associated with: his FLESH Body, his soul, his spirit...
Regarding his relationship With the Lord God.

Also:
The Donald
The Host (former tv program)
The Owner, CEO, president (companies)
The President (Of th USA) ; aka Mr. president.

Also:
Dad
Husband

Also:
Names his children and wives have called him.

And on this forum...no one is required to use their Given Name.

All people have past experiences and past memories that can conjure up hurt feelings, attacks against them, horrific experiences, strife in how to deal with the painful experiences...and TO what degree they dwell on the past and / or allow it to affect their future.

You have revealed your mechanism for coping with past and possibly ongoing traumatic events in your life...

Many people, regardless of their gender, deal with issues they may have been told, is only for males or only for females.

You are Ava, a female, regardless of what other names, genders, likes, dislikes, strengths, weaknesses, memories, forgetfulness are assigned to "other" names.

IF you, have elected to Believe and Heartfully Confess:
"Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God"
Your "Covenant" With the Lord God IS established, and can not become void.

John: 10:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Glory to God,
Taken

r1xlx

Feb 26, 2020
HESSLE
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello friends

My name is Ava, and I am a member of what's known as a Dissociative Identity Disorder system. This means I am one of multiple people, known as alters, who exist within this body. . Any comments referring to us as demons will be ignored. Converting the others is not really an option here, when I try it triggers flashbacks.

Your demons inside you obviously don't like the truth!
There are no alters - only demons such as Jesus cast out and into the swine.
Your demons also fool you into asking the question about heaven or hell as they know that there is no hell and only GOD, Jesus and good angels are in heaven - and all dead people are in their graves waiting Jesus's returns or Judgment Day.

I suggest you go find a good Christian team that can cast out the demons that are possessing you.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ava Idk if you're still here. I would very much like to talk with you about this, either here or in private message. Most people do not understand DID ...especially within the religious community. I say religious, because a Christian would respond in love. (I am amazed, though, that at least some here have responded to you in kindness and truth. That doesn't happen everywhere.)

As to your question...in short, you/all will be with Christ because you represent a part of the will of the whole person and you have chosen Christ. Every person, when they come to Christ, has to be renewed in their mind to the truth in God's Word. There are no exemptions. So everyone has areas of their mind that need renewal....whether they have been shattered/split, or not. (It is my strong belief that every single person born in this fallen world has been broken to some degree.) Just because you and I and many others have been more severely shattered doesn't limit the power of the bl**d of Christ to cleanse us. HE is our righteousness. No one here can claim perfection outside of Christ. We cannot boast of any goodness that we possess that would merit our entry into the kingdom of God. We cannot earn our way to heaven. So the areas (alters) where there needs to be renewal do not keep your whole self from being washed clean.

Ava, keep trusting in the Lord. Draw close to Him ...and He will bring about the change and healing that each part/alter needs. He loves all of you. And His desire is for your good. :)

What I did and still do is to present my whole being into His hands and trust He is drawing all of me/s to Himself. And He is faithful to do that. He is a kind, gentle, and loving Father. I know that can be a scary concept to consider...because "love" has been so twisted in our experience to mean the opposite of what it really is.

Be patient with the others. Love them unconditionally. Allow them to share what happened to them. (I'm sure you're already doing that.) If anyone wants to write to me, I will listen. I've been there. I know how it is to be afraid of "God" because our abusers did what they did in the name of "God" or "Jesus." I'm so sorry you/all suffered such evil acts by ones claiming to be Christians.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As to your question...in short, you/all will be with Christ because you represent a part of the will of the whole person and you have chosen Christ. Every person, when they come to Christ, has to be renewed in their mind to the truth in God's Word. There are no exemptions. So everyone has areas of their mind that need renewal....whether they have been shattered/split, or not. (It is my strong belief that every single person born in this fallen world has been broken to some degree.) Just because you and I and many others have been more severely shattered doesn't limit the power of the bl**d of Christ to cleanse us. HE is our righteousness. No one here can claim perfection outside of Christ. We cannot boast of any goodness that we possess that would merit our entry into the kingdom of God. We cannot earn our way to heaven. So the areas (alters) where there needs to be renewal do not keep your whole self from being washed clean.
That's a great perspective!

The part with faith is where God is working, and just like everyone, we have parts that are not yet renewed.

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a great perspective!

The part with faith is where God is working, and just like everyone, we have parts that are not yet renewed.

Much love!
Thank you. Yes...this is a passage that always comes to mind when referring to parts of ourselves that need renewal.

1 John 5 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁴ For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. ⁵ Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you. Yes...this is a passage that always comes to mind when referring to parts of ourselves that need renewal.

1 John 5 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁴ For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. ⁵ Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
@TLHKAJ Oh, that verse is very strengthening to the believer...

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ava , in the final analysis, you are a single individual, but fragmented by an injury to your soul. If the core "you" reaches out for Jesus, He will save all of those parts that are still you by design. But just as a physical wound can become infected, God makes no promise to spare those qualities that arose out of infection. (And the core "you" wouldn't want Him to, either.)

That sounds scary when you have never experienced that before, but it is very freeing afterwards!
full

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ava Idk if you're still here. I would very much like to talk with you about this, either here or in private message. Most people do not understand DID ...especially within the religious community. I say religious, because a Christian would respond in love. (I am amazed, though, that at least some here have responded to you in kindness and truth. That doesn't happen everywhere.)

Ava, keep trusting in the Lord. Draw close to Him ...and He will bring about the change and healing that each part/alter needs. He loves all of you. And His desire is for your good. :)

What I did and still do is to present my whole being into His hands and trust He is drawing all of me/s to Himself. And He is faithful to do that. He is a kind, gentle, and loving Father. I know that can be a scary concept to consider...because "love" has been so twisted in our experience to mean the opposite of what it really is.

Be patient with the others. Love them unconditionally. Allow them to share what happened to them. (I'm sure you're already doing that.) If anyone wants to write to me, I will listen. I've been there. I know how it is to be afraid of "God" because our abusers did what they did in the name of "God" or "Jesus." I'm so sorry you/all suffered such evil acts by ones claiming to be Christians.
Hi, :) I'm glad I also found this thread.
It becomes painfully heartbreakingly clear when lack of knowledge of DID enters a cry for help thread such as this. Invalidating someones devastating experiences and day to day reality does not serve the cause of Christ, in my opinion. Fortunately, it appears God has led some to other topics in other places and therein the damage can be countered by the compassion and love of the majority here. And in your own thread TLHKAJ.

God is with you sister. And the darkness cannot stand against his light. (HUGS) God continue to bless you. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Nancy