Dividing Between Soul and Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a serious question..
In what way does one love oneself?
Through acceptance.
How does one demonstrate self-love?
You eat right, proper rest, healthy exercise, give yourself some leisure time, whether dance, hobbies, gardening.. a time for enjoyment.
You keep your word. You respect yourself. You make excuses for yourself. You forgive yourself...
Now, how do you love your neighbor?
I suppose that whole list of when I was hungry ye fed me, naked and clothed me, in prison and visited me...
that would be a good start.

Thank You for the question..
there's more to that I'm sure..
a good thing to meditate on.
Hugs
Apparently, you do not live your neighbor as yourself, but only talk about imagining it.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you do not live your neighbor as yourself, but only talk about imagining it.
I frankly don't have any neighbors to boast about the way I treat them.
The only neighbors I have are basically here in this forum.
And I do my best to show respect, share enjoyment, make excuses, and forgive.. all of us.
It's the only range I have.
Hugs

Josh27

Aug 14, 2021
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I frankly don't have any neighbors to boast about the way I treat them.
The only neighbors I have are basically here in this forum.
And I do my best to show respect, share enjoyment, make excuses, and forgive.. all of us.
It's the only range I have.
Hugs
So if you do not have any neighbors, why try to say you are able to love them? So confusing and strange.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. If in judgment, from judgmentalism. If presumptuous, from presumption. These show their source from the flesh.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you do not have any neighbors, why try to say you are able to love them? So confusing and strange.
I don't know you.
I only read what your writing.
By your words I come to know you.
By knowing you, you become my neighbor.
Not in the flesh but by the spirit.
I have two choices...
I can take your question defensively and reply with an attitude, or
I can show respect to your question and answer to the best of my ability.
If you needed prayer, I would pray for you.
If you enjoyed music, I would find music you like to hear.
For as much as I don't know you, I still love you as a creation of God himself.
If you mock me, ridicule me, or even make fun of me,
I would still forgive you..
because I know you are human,
and humans make mistakes.
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you do a good work don’t let your left hand know what you right hand is doing....Jesus

. . . and your Father, Who sees what is secret . . . reckon yourselves also dead to sin and alive to God. We do our works before God, part of our relationship with Him. If we walk in the Spirit, God's love in us will show us what to do for others.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 KJV
4) Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5) Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6) Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7) Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8) Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I like to point to this chapter to say that this not only describes love, but it's also a detailed description of the new man, who is made in the pattern of God.

So that which doesn't look like these things, that's from the flesh, it's the old man, and we put it off. Take that thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks James's Epistle is very searching about the tongue, right?
Has it occurred to you, that James here lays out a method to obtain control over your entire body, by learning to control your tongue?

James 3:1-2 KJV
1) My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2) For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Learning to control what we say is a pathway to maturity, bringing us self control, the Spirit's fruit in our lives. Focusing on what we say, to bring words of love, is to put on the new man.

Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Much love!

Reactions: quietthinker

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Has it occurred to you, that James here lays out a method to obtain control over your entire body, by learning to control your tongue?

James 3:1-2 KJV
1) My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2) For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

Learning to control what we say is a pathway to maturity, bringing us self control, the Spirit's fruit in our lives. Focusing on what we say, to bring words of love, is to put on the new man.

Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Much love!
@marks Like the rudder of a ship... :)

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
PS:

"Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" (James 3.4-5)