Divine Hiddenness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's true. An atheist cannot understand spiritual things or they would not be an atheist, now would they?

But an atheist can still spot a religious bigot. That's something a religious person can't understand...otherwise they would be loving type of people.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians tell me that we can know god exists if we will honestly seek him and want to know he exists. Some say he wants a relationship with me. Many say that I will receive faith if I actively and honestly seek him. My question is why then do many Christians seek him honestly and want him to exist but never receive faith from god? Most atheists including me have a lack of belief because we at one time sought out god and god never responded. Many people honestly seek him and never gain a relationship, why?
God declares He exists first by creation and then by conscience.
God is going to save a multitude of people, sinners.
At a point in time this multitude of sinners will be drawn to come to Jesus.
God has no intention of saving all people.Multitudes will die in their sins and go into second death.
You are headed that way now. Read the bible and see what it says about this....or not. You are only guaranteed you are dying and heading to an eternity a day at from God. You can deny what you b.v want, but the last time you close your eyes here,then awake in the eternal state you will know the truth but too late like the rich man in luke16. You will rush going into the second death.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
BTW..."to be fair" implies that something was "unfair".

Belief is a choice. One hears and logically decides to believe it or not.

It has been "fairly" discussed.
Hearing not only is being logically decided in the Carnal Mind...
But more importantly enlightment of Gods Truth is affecting the individuals Heart, and measurements of Faith from God is flowing into the thoughts of the individuals Heart.

Regarding Gods Word...
Any man can stop hearing, and hang on to his carnal knowledge and be content.
And
Any man can continue being enlightened in his heart and continue receiving Faith from God...or not.

Point being...no man can receive measures of Faith and the ultimate gift of Faith-FULLNESS from God, WITHOUT a mans continued effort.

Glory to God,
Taken
That's ok, you don't have to answer the question lol
and ty

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You answer your own question...

Most atheists including me have a lack of belief because we at one time sought out god and god never responded. .

Atheist - one who lacks a believe in gods.

Personal claim - tried at ONE time to believe in a god.

Sought out God with Trust or Skepticism?

Expected God to Speak to you?

Understands God sends Servants when an Unbeliever Earnestly Seeks God?
It was not one time but an earnest prayer for many years. I know that I sought god for many years in a humble and honest way. "at one time" was meant as a period of time not just once.

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"
Maybe god should have been more clear.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was not one time but an earnest prayer for many years. I know that I sought god for many years in a humble and honest way. "at one time" was meant as a period of time not just once.

Maybe god should have been more clear.

Are you judging God? Can the created one complain about the One who created Him? Would God honour such a person with His presence?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You keep repeating that you cannot choose your beliefs.

Then you why are You posting?
Why not have the person who decides your beliefs FOR YOU, come and post FOR YOU?

Taken
You don't understand. No one chooses their beliefs. You are convinced or not. Are you going to answer my question? Can you choose to believe the moon is made from cheese?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
what, hope that everyone tests everything and only holds on to what is good? Or pls rephrase it however
well, I see no definition (at all, narf) for "saved" in the passage, 1 Timothy 2:4 Lexicon: who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth., but you obviously have some personal definition you are functioning on right now, yes? What is it? Ty
The reason I quoted the passage because it said that god wants "all" to be saved and have knowledge of the truth. Being saved had nothing to do with my point. Dave L claimed that only few get faith from god, this passage says god wants all to have knowledge. This was my point. I will leave the definition of saved to you Christians which will invariably be contradictory.

D

Dave L

The reason I quoted the passage because it said that god wants "all" to be saved and have knowledge of the truth. Being saved had nothing to do with my point. Dave L claimed that only few get faith from god, this passage says god wants all to have knowledge. This was my point. I will leave the definition of saved to you Christians which will invariably be contradictory.
You cannot understand the passage unless you are born again.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
But you are looking for an encounter with God correct not just a generic belief in a Creator?
No, I am looking for sufficient evidence that the god of the bible exists. If that includes an encounter then fine if not that is ok too.

But God decides these things. Blessed is he who believes and yet has not seen...or encountered.
Yes, believing things without good reason is upheld by the christian faith as a virtue. I cannot choose to believe god exists any more than I can choose to believe rainbow colored unicorns exist. Why can't/didn't god if he exists show me evidence in a way that I would believe?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Only the elect can understand this passage.
That is convenient. So god sent a book here so we could know what he is like and what he wants but no one can understand unless they already believe. This is like saying to a physics student trying to understand physics, you cannot understand until you become a physicist. It is nonsense.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Are you judging God? Can the created one complain about the One who created Him? Would God honour such a person with His presence?
So being honest with god, telling him my honest feelings is a bad thing. I would be a terrible father if I had this attitude toward my kids.

D

Dave L

That is convenient. So god sent a book here so we could know what he is like and what he wants but no one can understand unless they already believe. This is like saying to a physics student trying to understand physics, you cannot understand until you become a physicist. It is nonsense.
Jesus spoke in parables so only the elect could understand.

“And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.” (Matthew 13:10–11)

D

Dave L

Then how am I supposed to be born again if I cannot understand the bible?
You cannot make yourself born again any more than you could cause your natural birth. If a person is born again, they will believe in Christ otherwise they will not.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I bet you are one of the select few, right? Your god in 1 Tim 2 says he wants all to come to the knowledge of truth, so if you are right then why is god being a jerk and telling everyone that he wants them to be saved?
or the point changed, maybe?
I note Epi is answering you on a "saved" Q right now?
?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You cannot make yourself born again any more than you could cause your natural birth. If a person is born again, they will believe in Christ otherwise they will not.
OK, then why are you engaging here? Why am I being blamed for not having faith? I will wait until god decides to do something then I guess.