Divine Hiddenness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain why it is a fail? Or is asking a question a demand as you seem to think.

Please show me where I attacked anyone? Oh, but this is a demand right?

Yes your definition of a demand is a question. This is immature.

I have no words.

This is what I asked:
In your thinking this is a demand. So anyone that asked a question of you is demanding something? Your debate skills are lacking.
This is not a debate. This is you asking God to jump to your condemnations of Him, and you do it by going after those who are His. That is an attack.
And you deny our reasoning with you. That is a fail, because we are the evidence that you have asked for, and you refuse it. And here you are making accusations against God and us. That is an agenda, an attack. You are lashing out because you got a part time answer to a part time commitment, and now you blame God for the results. And this you do after being told exactly what your error is: by this measure it will be measured back to you.

Still, He gives you a choice.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
This is not a debate. This is you asking God to jump to your condemnations of Him, and you do it by going after those who are His. That is an attack.
And you deny our reasoning with you. That is a fail, because we are the evidence that you have asked for, and you refuse it. And here you are making accusations against God and us. That is an agenda, an attack. You are lashing out because you got a part time answer to a part time commitment, and now you blame God for the results. And this you do after being told exactly what your error is: by this measure it will be measured back to you.

Still, He gives you a choice.
If this is all you have, then I understand your position and disagree with it. I don't think we will get much further so have a nice day.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this is all you have, then I understand your position and disagree with it. I don't think we will get much further so have a nice day.
Typical.

Just as God has done for you, I have set before you life and death and all the world for evidence, and you pass it off like you actually have a choice of agreeing or disagreeing.

Your loss.

B

brakelite

No, I have actually studied these prophecies and found them wanting.
Danial 9:23-27. Don't be so hasty as to write off all scripture on account of one insignificant mistranslation which changes not one iota of the prophecy proper. A young woman did still bear a Son...that Son was most assuredly God with us...and Daniel 9 confirms it. Just don't fall for the lies that claim Daniel was written after the event. Those are mere claims of the wilfully ignorant and foolish.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Danial 9:23-27. Don't be so hasty as to write off all scripture on account of one insignificant mistranslation which changes not one iota of the prophecy proper. A young woman did still bear a Son...that Son was most assuredly God with us...and Daniel 9 confirms it. Just don't fall for the lies that claim Daniel was written after the event. Those are mere claims of the willfully ignorant and foolish.
I never talked about Daniel 9 and I don't write off other scripture because of one error. Why do you apply these to me, I never said these things? And I did say that Mary was a young woman, but the prophecy is most always about confirming that it is about her virginity. Many young women had babies and I bet some were named Emmanuel. Lets keep going:

Where in the NT does Mary refer to Jesus as Immanual? This part of the prophesy was never confirmed in scripture.

Also,

This verse is taken out of context. Looking at the entire seventh chapter it is clear that the child referenced was to be a sign to Ahaz, king of Judah that he will win in battle against Rezin, king of Syria. In chapter 8, the child Maher-shalal-hash-baz is clearly described as the fulfillment of this prophecy not Jesus 700 years later.

Can you please stop saying that I am just following what others have said or that I am will fully ignorant for foolish. These have nothing to do with whether the prophecies came true or not. I have investigated these for myself and there are issues with most prophecies in the bible if you read them with logic and critical thinking in my opinion.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a lot of issues with these prophecies. Some where written down after they were fulfilled, many were never fulfilled etc.
I'd like to discuss specifics. Can you tell me which example of failed prophecy you're talking about?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
John 1.18:

"No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."